PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Pages : [1] 2

Vis
02-20-2013, 06:44 AM
Report: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2013, 7:25 AM EST

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/350x-227.jpg?w=250 APWith the Steelers not planning to use the franchise tag on receiver Mike Wallace (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace) or any other player, Wallace will go to the highest bidder.

With the Steelers not inclined or able to be the highest bidder for any player, Wallace will go somewhere other than Pittsburgh.
Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports something that has been obvious to us for weeks: Wallace will be the top free-agent target for the Dolphins (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-omar-kelly-dolphins-0220-20130219,0,5495647.story).

Wallace perfectly fits Miami’s needs, both from a football and a business standpoint. As to the former (and as we’ve been saying), a field-stretching receiver (something Greg Jennings (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3652/greg-jennings) isn’t) opens up the rest of the offense for everyone else. By drawing attention deep, the slot receiver and the tight ends can find plenty of room to operate, and quarterback Ryan Tannehill (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill) will have an even better opportunity to develop.

As to the latter, landing a player like Wallace can generate excitement in the fan base, take attention away from that basketball team in Miami (if only for a day), and maybe help sell some tickets and jerseys and hats and other stuff bearing the soon-to-be-unveiled new logo.

Of course, Wallace and his agent will know that, allowing them to apply a thumb or two (or other appendages) to the scale. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may not care. He has both the cash and the cap space to overpay Wallace, and after failing in high-profile fashion to land guys like Jim Harbaugh in 2011 and both Jeff Fisher and Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning) last year, we’ve got a feeling Ross will be ready to hand Wallace a blank check.

That said, there’s a chance that, yet again, Ross will end up providing the leverage for the deal that the target gets done elsewhere.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/20/report-mike-wallace-is-the-dolphins-top-target/

Quackjack
02-20-2013, 06:48 AM
If they do so, god help them.

They should try Jennings, not Failace.

VaDave
02-20-2013, 07:17 AM
More power to them.

For the Dolphins, welcome to the foundation of sal-cap hell. Sure they have tons o bucks this year, but big fat contracts have a way of coming back to bite you in the butt. You think the other 52 players on the field are going to be happy with their paycheck when their contracts come up?

As for Wallace, you'd better hope for two things, a front loaded contract with a boatload of guaranteed money, and the Dolphins become playoff contenders. In order to be playoff contenders they are going to have to find a way to win in the Bradyland division, and good luck with that. Without the them being a playoff contender, you will not survive to play through the end of your contract.

wwhickok
02-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Id be shocked at this point if Wallace isn't playing in South Beach next season.

Vis
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM
I still predict Washington

teegre
02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Against the secondaries of the Taperiots, NYJets, and Bills... I could see 14 TDs next season for Wallace.

One or two TDs against each of those teams per game (6 games x 1.5 TDs = 9), plus 5 more TDs against the other ten teams that he'll face (one TD per every two games).

VaDave
02-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Could be Tee, but they'll still lose..... Wallace is a complementary player, not the whole package.

harrison'samonster
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Could be Tee, but they'll still lose..... Wallace is a complementary player, not the whole package.

very good point. Wish him the best. I know ppl think he has a bad attitude, but at least he's no cancer.

VaDave
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Make no mistake, we are not going to be a better team when he goes. That said, we shall persevere!

harrison'samonster
02-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Make no mistake, we are not going to be a better team when he goes. That said, we shall persevere!

I agree. He has the ability to really stretch the field, and sometimes ppl think that's easy to replace. Think Sweed. Guy could run and looked like he had everything needed. Wallace isn't perfect but he's still like you said a good complimentary piece to a powerful offense.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Like they say at Total Bastard Airlines...........Buh Bye!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0zsRQUs3qoo/TJsfv9xuklI/AAAAAAAAASk/HuLSo5gNkrY/s1600/buhbye.jpg

steelfury02
02-20-2013, 11:28 AM
"Mike Wallace is going somewhere else . . .WHOOP DE DOOOOOO"
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F2nksRuRuuU/ShHrDjC8YzI/AAAAAAAAAFM/mzYrtAKdvm4/S660/sandler_wedding_singer.jpg

LVSteelersfan
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Won't miss him after his crap season last year. His attitude tells me he will be mediocre at best when he finally lands that big contract. Have to protect the body so he can keep reaping the benefits of a big contract. I don't blame him as the Steelers paid him peanuts on his first contract. But he is not worth the money he thinks he is as a team like the Dolphins will find out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Make no mistake, we are not going to be a better team when he goes. !
Exactly, it reminds me of when Yancy Thigpen left, or when Plaxico Burress left , or when Santonio Holmes was traded. Its so hard to replace WR's in the NFL.:popcorn:

Atlanta Dan
02-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Exactly, it reminds me of when Yancy Thigpen left, or when Plaxico Burress left , or when Santonio Holmes was traded. Its so hard to replace WR's in the NFL.:popcorn:

It may have been Kordell and the post-Chan Gailey OCs more than the WRs, but after Thigpen left following the 1997 season the Steelers passing game was a mess until 2001.

Brown and Sanders as the starting WRs is not the best of all possible worlds for 2013.

Wallace costs too much to keep but he will be missed

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
It may have been Kordell and the post-Chan Gailey OCs more than the WRs, but after Thigpen left following the 1997 season the Steelers passing game was a mess until 2001.

Brown and Sanders as the starting WRs is not the best of all possible worlds for 2013.

A good QB makes WR's better. Just look at the scrubs that Peyton manning has made look great. Brandon Stokely, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie. WR is the most overrated position on the field.

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Tony Clemons and Steve Breaston will be fine.

teegre
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
A good QB makes WR's better. Just look at the scrubs that Peyton manning has made look great. Brandon Stokely, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie. WR is the most overrated position on the field.

They signed Breaston???

SteelersCanada
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
They signed Breaston???

No, but he's a Haley guy so it wouldn't surprise me if we made some kind of (small) push to get him if he's cheap.

TheVet
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Won't miss him after his crap season last year. His attitude tells me he will be mediocre at best when he finally lands that big contract. Have to protect the body so he can keep reaping the benefits of a big contract. I don't blame him as the Steelers paid him peanuts on his first contract. But he is not worth the money he thinks he is as a team like the Dolphins will find out.

And remember, his half-season before last year was also crap. That's part of what caused a lot of the angst last summer.

teegre
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
No, but he's a Haley guy so it wouldn't surprise me if we made some kind of (small) push to get him if he's cheap.

Makes sense. He played for Haley in Arizona and KC... knows the offense... and would be cheap.

Reminds me if the Cotchery signing: solid, but not flashy.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
They signed Breaston???

Chiefs Release WR Steve Breaston, A Favorite Of Todd Haley
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 at 6:17 pm by Dave Bryan

Are you ready for more talk about sexy free agent players that the Pittsburgh Steelers might add this offseason? No, I'm not talking about linebacker Bart Scott, who was released by the New York Jets on Tuesday.

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that they had released wide receiver Steve Breaston, a Woodland Hills graduate, and he is exactly the kind of potentially cheap free agent player that the Steelers would consider signing this offseason to bolster their depth.

Breaston was a healthy inactive for the Chiefs in six games down the stretch in 2012, and caught just seven passes for 74 yards on 15 targets. The Michigan product, however, had his best years when he played for Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley in 2008 while a member of the Arizona Cardinals and 2011 in Kansas City.

Haley thought so much of Breaston back in 2011 that he signed him to a five-year, $22.55 million contract that contained $9.5 million in guaranteed money. Breaston was scheduled to earn a base salary of $3.8 million in 2013, but he can forget getting a deal like that right now.

The Steelers still have veteran Jerricho Cotchery under contract for 2013, but there is a chance that he could become a salary cap causality at the beginning of March as he is due to earn a base salary of $1 million. If that indeed were to come to fruition then Breaston could be a minimum contract free agent addition.

Free agent players such as Breaston are the kind that the Steelers add during the offseason. The 2012 high profile signing made by the Steelers was tight end Leonard Pope, who curiously also played under Haley in both Arizona and Kansas City.

Do I think it is for certain that Breaston will be signed? No, but these are the kind of free agent players that the Steelers would like to add, if they add any at all. They're inexpensive depth guys that understand the system.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/chiefs-release-steve-breaston-steelers-todd-haley/

GMU Steeler
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Are you ready for more talk about sexy free agent players that the Pittsburgh Steelers might add this offseason? No, I'm not talking about linebacker Bart Scott, who was released by the New York Jets on Tuesday.

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that they had released wide receiver Steve Breaston, a Woodland Hills graduate, and he is exactly the kind of potentially cheap free agent player that the Steelers would consider signing this offseason to bolster their depth.

Breaston was a healthy inactive for the Chiefs in six games down the stretch in 2012, and caught just seven passes for 74 yards on 15 targets. The Michigan product, however, had his best years when he played for Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley in 2008 while a member of the Arizona Cardinals and 2011 in Kansas City.

Haley thought so much of Breaston back in 2011 that he signed him to a five-year, $22.55 million contract that contained $9.5 million in guaranteed money. Breaston was scheduled to earn a base salary of $3.8 million in 2013, but he can forget getting a deal like that right now.

The Steelers still have veteran Jerricho Cotchery under contract for 2013, but there is a chance that he could become a salary cap causality at the beginning of March as he is due to earn a base salary of $1 million. If that indeed were to come to fruition then Breaston could be a minimum contract free agent addition.

Free agent players such as Breaston are the kind that the Steelers add during the offseason. The 2012 high profile signing made by the Steelers was tight end Leonard Pope, who curiously also played under Haley in both Arizona and Kansas City.

Do I think it is for certain that Breaston will be signed? No, but these are the kind of free agent players that the Steelers would like to add, if they add any at all. They're inexpensive depth guys that understand the system.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/chiefs-release-steve-breaston-steelers-todd-haley/

It wouldn't surprise me if we got Breaston. I know we normally don't do FA but Breaston is from the area and spoke highly of Haley after we drafted his cousin last year. Do we still have Toney Clemmons on the PS?

TRH
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
the talk of Wallace going to Miami is gaining steam by the minute. The team really wants him (they know that Tannehill needs a playmaker), and they want some speed on the ends too.
They have the cap room, a good number of draft picks, they need a play-making receiver, and are now seemingly letting all media know that they want him. Goodbye Mike. He's gone. As long as him and his agent aren't overly greedy, it would be shocking NOT to see him go there.

The only other team i could see stepping in and also making an offer is Minnesota, who also have the cap room and are seeking a weapon for Christian Ponder.

Steel_Bus_24
02-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Its no surprise that Miami wants Wallace as they saw it up close....Wallace served up his biggest pieces of burnt toast against them

Our Offense is going to have to find a way to make up for the loss.....whether it be a new WR from the draft or a stronger O-Line and running game

teegre
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Our Offense is going to have to find a way to make up for the loss.....whether it be a new WR from the draft or a stronger O-Line and running game

The latter seems to be the current direction... although, Colbert mentioned drafting a WR early, as well.

Thus, BOTH.

Bane
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM

The jury is out on Collie, but Stokely is about average although somewhat reliable receiver.

Garcon, however, is awesome. You clearly didn't watch him this year. When he was on the field, that Redskins offense got a monstrous boost.

FrancoLambert
02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Fast Money in South Beach. :crying01:

Sounds like it might make a good reality show. :popcorn:

Lots of bling and nightlife action. :banana:

Oh Mikey, we're going to miss you sooooo much in Steeler Nation. :wave:

TheVet
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM

Maybe the post-Gailey OCs and the WRs were problems, but it's hard to know. When you have a QB that simply cannot hit a moving target, any other problems are masked.

TheVet
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
I 'm going to be sorry to see Wallace go, but I just can't see how it works out for him in Pittsburgh. I've given up hope. He won't play well unless he's happy, and he won't be happy unless he's greatly overpaid - and his performance over the past two seasons has been such that you can't feel good about taking the chance to overpay him. And in fact, he should be worth a lot less today than he was a year ago.

Just a bummer all around, but the Steelers need productive, happy players who want to contribute. Just a bad situation. Wish him good lock in Miama, but it would have been so wonderful it it had worked out here here.

If we can't afford Cotchery for $1 mil, then we are screwed - because that's an excellent value.

harrison'samonster
02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
I

If we can't afford Cotchery for $1 mil, then we are screwed - because that's an excellent value.

I agree. Maybe it's something I'm not seeing, but Cotchery brings depth and experience to the WRs. He's not blazing fast, but other than that is there a downside to his game that I don't know about?

TheVet
02-21-2013, 03:12 AM
I agree. Maybe it's something I'm not seeing, but Cotchery brings depth and experience to the WRs. He's not blazing fast, but other than that is there a downside to his game that I don't know about?

If so, I don't know about it. The guy seems to be solid and dependable, at an incredible prize. Frankly, I was shocked to see he's only $1 mil.

If this is a problem for the Steelers, then our front office has screwed up royally. I'm betting it's a problem with confusion on the part of some clueless guy named Dave Bryan who wrote the article.

VaDave
02-21-2013, 04:53 AM
RE:Cotchery

Great guy, real cheap, knows his play book in and out, blocks, great hands......but you never see this guy catch a pass without a defender almost inside his shorts....He's got to have the least amount RAC yardage in the history of the NFL.

teegre
02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
They signed Breaston???

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/02/20/agent-mutual-interest-between-breaston-steelers/

harrison'samonster
02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
New England might be another place Breaston might end up. If so, they'd be looking to pick him up cheap as well. He's only 29 and he did have a 1000 yard season as a #3 receiver when he had Warner throwing to him.

jfeust
02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
The steelers have had incredible success picking mid and late round WR's in the draft. It's the one area I trust them to draft. It used to be LB's, now it seems to be WR's.

teegre
02-21-2013, 03:22 PM
The steelers have had incredible success picking mid and late round WR's in the draft. It's the one area I trust them to draft. It used to be LB's, now it seems to be WR's.

Colbert stated, a few years back, that WRs are now "easy to find." He said that it would be a waste to use a R1 pick on that position.

Colin Cowherd has said similar things, explaining that EVERY young player wants to be a WR, and thus, you can find talented WRs in R 6 & later (he cited Antonio Brown & Victor Cruz).

Ryan Swope, Aaron Dobson, Cobi Hamilton are all R3 or later picks... who are all really good players.

austinfrench76
02-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Good luck AND riddance!

Lady Steel
02-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Once Wallace leaves, does that mean no one will post another Wallace thread ever again? Please let it be so. :hope:

teegre
02-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Once Wallace leaves, does that mean no one will post another Wallace thread ever again? Please let it be so. :hope:

Alas, just like Arians, he will be a topic for discussion for YEARS to come.

Lady Steel
02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm afraid you may be right, teegre. We're doomed. :laughing:

Fire Haley
02-22-2013, 01:32 AM
".....the Dolphins are desperate. They also have nearly $45 million in salary cap space"

that's all you need to know

Steeldude
02-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Somebody...anybody...please take him

pete74
02-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Mike Wallace is our best wr and anyone who thinks different is just trying to convince themselves of something thatiisn't true. It sucks to lose him but he's gone so no point worrying about that. The good news is we have Ben and he can make people around him better. Losing wallace and miller is going to hurt but I think we will make it and be fine

Millers the sh!t
02-22-2013, 11:16 AM
I agree. He has the ability to really stretch the field, and sometimes ppl think that's easy to replace. Think Sweed. Guy could run and looked like he had everything needed. Wallace isn't perfect but he's still like you said a good complimentary piece to a powerful offense.

Has Ben's numbers been better since we've gotten Wallace? Have we been scoring more points since we've gotten him? I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet it ain't much different. Wallace ain't shit to this team. Well replace him and be just as good.

harrison'samonster
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Has Ben's numbers been better since we've gotten Wallace? Have we been scoring more points since we've gotten him? I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet it ain't much different. Wallace ain't shit to this team. Well replace him and be just as good.

oh no doubt Wallace and Brown haven't been able to fill in for the Ward and Holmes duo of 08. We will replace Wallace for sure, but there will be some growing pains throughout the season, especially with Miller being limited in action by injury.

Fire Arians
02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Mike Wallace is our best wr and anyone who thinks different is just trying to convince themselves of something thatiisn't true. It sucks to lose him but he's gone so no point worrying about that. The good news is we have Ben and he can make people around him better. Losing wallace and miller is going to hurt but I think we will make it and be fine

he's a locker room cancer, he's basically sending a message to the rest of the team that he thinks he's bigger than the team. sitting out the cleveland game as a business decision? gotta be shitting me, he's still under contract. he's a great example of what went wrong last year, individuals instead of team players. you can't pay someone who half asses it when he doesn't get his way

losing MILLER will hurt for sure, but wallace, trust me, we can live without him.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-22-2013, 11:07 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=1071320#post1071320

:P

harrison'samonster
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=1071320#post1071320

:P

good call!

sluggermatt15
02-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I still predict Washington

Redskins are about $4 M over the cap at the moment. They also have some other high priority players they need to focus their attention on like Tyler Polumbus, Fred Davis (who they might franchise), Kory Lichtensteiger, Kedrick Golston, among others. Plus, the Redskins are in year 2 of the $18 M salary cap penalty.

Somehow I see they will try and focus on their own guys first. But even if they go after some FAs I doubt they have the $ for Wallace, or be able to give Wallace the contract he seeks.

Just my two cents.

stb_steeler
02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
he's a locker room cancer, he's basically sending a message to the rest of the team that he thinks he's bigger than the team. sitting out the cleveland game as a business decision? gotta be shitting me, he's still under contract. he's a great example of what went wrong last year, individuals instead of team players. you can't pay someone who half asses it when he doesn't get his way

losing MILLER will hurt for sure, but wallace, trust me, we can live without him.

How long is Miller out for?

Fire Arians
02-23-2013, 11:28 AM

not sure but judging by the extent of the injury and that it happened late in the season, i'm expecting he will be on the PUP list to start the regular season. not expecting much out of him next year. but who knows with miller, the man is a warrior.

harrison'samonster
02-23-2013, 11:30 AM

I haven't seen anything definite. But I've heard ranges from "he'll be back at the start of the season" to "he'll be out until sometime in December."

AND - I can't say this one was anything but a rumour, but one thing out there was they might even cut ties with him this offseason and move forward. I don't believe that one myself.

SteelersCanada
02-23-2013, 11:35 AM
AND - I can't say this one was anything but a rumour, but one thing out there was they might even cut ties with him this offseason and move forward. I don't believe that one myself.

We have to ask ourselves - is he worth 8 million a year now?

Fire Arians
02-23-2013, 11:37 AM

all depends how his recovery goes but he definitely was last year. sucks that this happens to him once he gets an OC who used his talents correctly

harrison'samonster
02-23-2013, 11:37 AM

oh you're going to get blasted for that question. :chuckle: Honestly I wouldn't count Miller out myself. I do agree with Fire Arians and expect him to be missing some action at the beginning of the season.

SteelersCanada
02-23-2013, 11:50 AM
all depends how his recovery goes but he definitely was last year. sucks that this happens to him once he gets an OC who used his talents correctly

He absolutely was in the first 4 - 5 games. In the first 4, didn't he have 6 TD receptions? Unreal. The only thing I'm worried about is what you mentioned - how is he going to recover? He's on the wrong side of 30 and with a torn ACL, we never know how that is going to affect a guy.

oh you're going to get blasted for that question. :chuckle:

I'm ok with that. 8 million a year for Heath Miller, or 600k for Michael Williams out of Alabama. Or, if we so choose, 1.5 million for Ertz or Eifert. I mean, if we're really trying to trim down our roster and bring in fresh blood, starting with Miller doesn't make a ton of sense. If guys like Harrison, Keisel, Hampton, Wallace, Mendenhall and Troy are all gone and we're keen on bringing in young talent and starting from there, well, then we're having a different conversation.

DanRooney
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM

No but he's the only one who's been scoring points. :thumbsup:

ChristianKustomz
02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm personally am glad he's gone. He is a fast runner but hurt us so many times in the season because he can't catch a ball. I would take a guy that's slower and can catch then a guy who's fast and unreliable...especially when the game is on the line.

sluggermatt15
02-24-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm personally am glad he's gone. He is a fast runner but hurt us so many times in the season because he can't catch a ball. I would take a guy that's slower and can catch then a guy who's fast and unreliable...especially when the game is on the line.

IMO Wallace should be given consideration had he had another great season in 2012-2013. If he played his heart out, put up big numbers, made some big plays, and did everything he could to demonstrate that he deserves a new contract, then I think the Steelers should have considered bringing him back. But that wasn't the case. Wallace basically wasn't himself. I am glad he is walking.

wwhickok
02-27-2013, 06:06 AM
I have a gut feeling that NE restructured Brady to sign Wallace. There were talks on ESPN Radio this morning that it was to resign Volmer AND Welker. I think it was to resign Volmer and sign Wallace.

Vis
02-27-2013, 07:11 AM
I have a gut feeling that NE restructured Brady to sign Wallace. There were talks on ESPN Radio this morning that it was to resign Volmer AND Welker. I think it was to resign Volmer and sign Wallace.

I don't . NE thrives on everyone doing their job to perfection, not raw talent. Wallace is the opposite. He will just piss off Brady and the hoody.

teegre
02-27-2013, 07:22 AM

I was saying the same thing in another thread: Wallace... or Bowe.

Interestingly, immediately after Brady resigned, BB restructured... and I mean IMMEDIATELY.

Why? Well, BB has stated that "his" priority is to get Wallace re-signed. I've predicted that BB would give up some of his own money, to ensure that his favorite target gets resigned. And thus, the timing suggests that once BB saw that Wallace would not only leave, but go to the hated Taperiots, he immediately volunteered to restructure.

I still think that Wallace wants too much money for either the Steelers or Taperiots to "comfortably" pay; whereas, the Dolphins have lots of disposable cash. BUT, now that the Taperiots have the funds, the also have the ability (if they so choose) to indeed sign Wallace.

kan_t
02-27-2013, 08:08 AM

Interestingly, immediately after Brady resigned, BB restructured... and I mean IMMEDIATELY.

Why? Well, BB has stated that "his" priority is to get Wallace re-signed. I've predicted that BB would give up some of his own money, to ensure that his favorite target gets resigned. And thus, the timing suggests that once BB saw that Wallace would not only leave, but go to the hated Taperiots, he immediately volunteered to restructure.

I still think that Wallace wants too much money for either the Steelers or Taperiots to "comfortably" pay; whereas, the Dolphins have lots of disposable cash. BUT, now that the Taperiots have the funds, the also have the ability (if they so choose) to indeed sign Wallace.
BB hasn't restructured.....yet. The Steelers just start to talk with him about restructure. That's the right time to start the talk if they want to get it below the cap. And the Steelers may wait until last minute to finalise the restructure anyway. So the franchise tag QB cap hit doesn't get lower and helps the Ravens.

VaDave
02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
BB and the FO are waiting for the Flacco deal to finalize before any numbers are discused. Both sides are in agreement the contract will be restructured, but there is no concenses on the final numbers, and possible extentions.

Me, while we are at it, I'd offer an extention now as opposed to later so we can spread the cap hit over a longer period of time. I'm pretty sure even with all the griping posted here about Ben, nobody really wants to see him go. We may as well keep him for the duration of his career.

Hawaii 5-0
02-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Patriots to target Mike Wallace?

February 26, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

Not only did Tom Brady’s new contract free up some cap space to potentially re-sign Wes Welker, it could also help the Patriots finally acquire the deep threat they’ve been looking for.

As Ian Rapoport of NFL.com points out, Wallace “has always garnered” the praise of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick and the Patriots know Brady doesn’t have a lot of time left in the NFL as he gets ready to turn 36 this year, they might be willing to overpay for a player like Wallace to try to get at least one more Super Bowl title.

It will be interesting to see what happens once free agency kicks off on March 12th.

http://network.yardbarker.com

pete74
02-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Wallace may get that 2000 yards he talked about if he goes to New England

steeltheone
02-27-2013, 06:25 PM

I still think that Wallace wants too much money for either the Steelers or Taperiots to "comfortably" pay; whereas, the Dolphins have lots of disposable cash. BUT, now that the Taperiots have the funds, the also have the ability (if they so choose) to indeed sign Wallace. Restructuring 9 times out of ten helps the player more. I'd love to see someone " really " give up money to help the team.

steeltheone
02-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Wallace may get that 2000 yards he talked about if he goes to New England

Nah...He is just not that good.

harrison'samonster
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM

I agree with you, 2000 is out of his reach. But he will make that offense a lot better if that's were he ends up.

SteelersCanada
02-27-2013, 07:31 PM
There's only one receiver in the NFL capable of 2000 yards right now and his name is Megatron. We're kidding ourselves if we think anyone else could do it.

kan_t
02-27-2013, 07:44 PM
There's only one receiver in the NFL capable of 2000 yards right now and his name is Megatron. We're kidding ourselves if we think anyone else could do it.
If the Cards trade Larry Fitzgerald to a team which has a QB or they get themselves one, he could too.

teegre
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
If the Cards trade Larry Fitzgerald to a team which has a QB or they get themselves one, he could too.

While I agree that Fitzgersld certainly could... alas, he's simply not going to have a QB worth anything throwing the ball to him. Ergo, he won't get 2000 yards. (Such a shame that he's been stuck on such crappy teams.)

zcoop
02-27-2013, 09:19 PM
While I agree that Fitzgersld certainly could... alas, he's simply not going to have a QB worth anything throwing the ball to him. Ergo, he won't get 2000 yards. (Such a shame that he's been stuck on such crappy teams.)

He and Megatron hasn't been on good teams but they both sure as hell have gotten paid for their services this far. Beats the hell out of being on the other end of the spectrum, on good teams but not making much doesn't it?

SteelersCanada
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM

In all fairness, CJ isn't playing on the best of teams either. Granted, Stafford is head and shoulders above whatever the hell you want to call the Quarterback situation in Arizona right now, but it's not like he's elite.

While I think Fitz' talents are being wasted right now and he would put up significant yardage elsewhere (bring him here! bring him here!) he'll be 30 before the start of next season. I don't think a 30 year old getting 2000 yards is likely. Though, if anyone could do it, it'd be Larry.

VaDave
02-28-2013, 06:21 AM

Maybe we could work out a swap for Byron Leftwich????

SteelersCanada
02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
If everything they're doing right now is to get into cap compliance, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're going to make a run at Mike Wallace.

Think about this for a second: we just have to get into cap compliance by March 12th. With the restructures by LT, AB and Ben we're already close to being there. If LaMarr does as well we're actually in positive territory. So, now we have some room to work with. However, releasing Troy, James, Keisel, Colon would put us in a place so we could potentially spend money (holy shit). Then, the harder cuts (Polamalu isn't in the harder cuts list) like Ike and Clark would free up another 5 million, roughly. If Mike and co. feel as if Keenan and Cortez can lock shit down from here on out, Ike becomes replaceable.

Here's the most interesting part, though - we could lock up both Keenan Lewis and Mike Wallace if we choose if those guys are released. There's an issue in terms of lack of depth along the offensive line and at Safety, but these are issues that can be solved in the draft. Assuming we go OLB in the first and Safety in the second, our secondary could look something like:

Lewis - Phillip Thomas / Fresno State - Bacarri Rambo / Georgia - Cortez Allen

and have it be young and explosive that knows how to create turnovers.

So, keeping on this school of thought, our starting defense would look like:

Secondary

Phillip Thomas - Safety
Bacarri Rambo - Safety
Keenan Lewis - CB
Cortez Allen - CB

Linebackers

Lawrence Timmons - ILB
Nico Johnson / Sean Spence - ILB
Dion Jordan / Barkevious Mingo / Jarvis Jones - ROLB
LaMarr "hopefully in shape" Woodley - LOLB

Defensive Ends

Cameron Heyward - RDE
Alameda Ta'amu - NT
Ziggy Hood - LDE

I'd be okay with that.

If the correct cuts are made, we can keep both Mike and Keenan but we can't be afraid to let the younger guys step in and play immediately. It's time to drop the bullshit ideology of 'well, our scheme is too hard for a rookie to understand and comprehend so we're going to sit him for three years before he starts' and let them come in and make an impact week 1.

Keep Mike, Manny and AB together as 'young money' but let them do what they do best. Don't force them to play in a scheme that doesn't compliment their abilities and, for the love of god, get a legitimate Running Back.

teegre
02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Colbert has always stated that he wants to resign Wallace.

BB declared that resigning Wallace was "his" top priority.

It's very possible that he stays.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-28-2013, 04:35 PM
If he wouldn't take 10 mil or whatever it was a year last year what makes you think he will sign now?

Cause no way we will be able to sign him to what we offered last year.

teegre
02-28-2013, 04:39 PM
If he wouldn't take 10 mil or whatever it was a year last year what makes you think he will sign now?

Cause no way we will be able to sign him to what we offered last year.

They weren't far off last summer. Sometimes, after a year of thinking it over, people realize that the grass is not greener.

Is it likely that he wants $14 million from the Dolphins? Yes.

Is it also possible that a deal for $10.5 million is reached w/ the Steelers? Yes.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
They weren't far off last summer. Sometimes, after a year of thinking it over, people realize that the grass is not greener.

Is it likely that he wants $14 million from the Dolphins? Yes.

Is it also possible that a deal for $10.5 million is reached w/ the Steelers? Yes.

I did see us having the ability to sign anyone to a big deal.

Wallace at this point is his career = money>winning
Or get both and sign with the pats.

fer522
02-28-2013, 04:47 PM
We need Lewis more than we need Wallace. We need a big WR, one that WILL make a difference specially when we're inside the 20 yard line

Buddha Bus
02-28-2013, 04:56 PM
We need Lewis more than we need Wallace. We need a big WR, one that WILL make a difference specially when we're inside the 20 yard line

I'm with Fer on this one. I'd much rather keep Lewis than Wallace. I think it would send a better message to the team to pay a player that actually performed well than one who essentially pouted and half-assed his way through the season because he felt he didn't get the huge contract he deserved.

If we reward a guy like that and let a Keenan Lewis, who worked hard and exceeded expectations, walk without at least making an honest attempt to keep him, it could potentially lower morale and make guys feel like you don't get paid for results. It could create a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" type scenario and cause others to handle their business the same way.

Just my opinion on it. :noidea:

Lady Steel
02-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Is he gone yet? No? Okay, I'll look for a new thread in a few days. :laughing:

teegre
02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
We need Lewis more than we need Wallace.

Oh, absolutely. IMO, Keenan Lewis should be the #1 target.

Not only do I think he's going to be extremely good, CB is the second hardest position to fill (QB being first hardest). The rule changes have made it nearly impossible to play CB.

Furthermore, the Steelers have done very well finding WRs: Hines, Plax, Randel El, Shaw, Washington, Holmes, Wallace, AB, Sanders... Conversely, it took them many, many years to find a CB to replace the void left by Deshea Townsend. Thus, I trust that they can find Wallace's replacement.

That said, it would not surprise me if Wallace is resigned.

Hawaii 5-0
03-01-2013, 12:31 AM
That said, it would not surprise me if Wallace is resigned.

I would be absolutely shocked if the Steelers re-signed Mike Wallace.

TheVet
03-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Agreed - it's hard to even imagine a scenario where Wallace winds up with the Steelers.

OX1947
03-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Colbert has always stated that he wants to resign Wallace.

BB declared that resigning Wallace was "his" top priority.

It's very possible that he stays.

There is a better chance of a hemorrhoid in the form of a Chia Pet forming on your bunghole then the Steelers resigning Mike Wallace.

Hawaii 5-0
03-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Mike Wallace: 5 teams that will take a chance

Posted by Mike Presley on Feb 26, 2013

Pittsburgh Steelersí wide receiver Mike Wallace is heading towards free agency and into the welcoming arms of some desperate wide receiver needy teams. Now donít get me wrong, Dwayne Bowe and Greg Jennings will be other names teams will be going after, but Wallace is the best option for any team looking for a receiver.

One of the big benefits to signing Mike Wallace in the off-season is his speed. As anyone who has played the Pittsburgh Steelers can tell you, or any corner who has tried to keep up with Mike Wallace would tell you, you just canít slow him down. Wallace admitted that he has lost his focus a bit with his new Steelers offense under Todd Haley, but when he is focused, Wallace is one of the best receivers on the field. These five teams need to make a play for him or face another year without a legit number one receiver.

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/pittsburghsteelers/files/2013/02/Mike-Wallace-2.jpg

Mike Wallace could be calling one of these teams home.

Oakland Raiders: The Raiders were all about speed under Al Davis and I donít expect nothing to change. Wallace would be an ideal candidate to be signed by the Raiders, especially if they add Geno Smith through the Draft. Geno will need some one to throw the ball to and Wallace would fit well in Oakland. A Smith to Wallace combination could be deadly and put the AFC West on notice that this isnít the old Oakland Raiders.

Cleveland Browns: While his speed will fit in perfectly with what the Raiders look for, he also fits real nice in Norv Turnerís offense. Whether it is Weeden or someone else, the Browns need to find a perfect compliment to Josh Gordon who I believe will excel in Turnerís offense. Wallace by far is the perfect compliment and would do wonders for a Browns team that did better than their record indicated.

Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson can carry the load by himself but that will just wear him out, the Vikings need some kind of passing game. Kyle Rudolph has become Christian Ponderís favorite target but a speedy receiver like Wallace will allow the Vikings to open up their offense even more.

Seattle Seahawks: Wallace would add so much to an already dangerous offense led by Russell Wilson, this is a move that I can easily see them making. The Seahawks are already dangerous but Wallace could take them over the top as a Super Bowl contender. It also could put them over the top against the 49ers in order to take the division to help their chances in the playoffs by securing a home playoff game.

San Francisco 49ers: Speaking of the 49ers, while Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree are nice, I still say the 49ers need to find a legit number two guy across from Crabtree. One of the reasons why the Ravens were able to do what they did in the Super Bowl was because they got receivers who have speed. Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin. Their best bet for an Atlanta type of offense would be to go out and get Wallace to help their chances of not only getting back to the Super Bowl, but winning it.

http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/13023718?widget=true

cowherpower
03-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Mike Wallace: 5 teams that will take a chance

Posted by Mike Presley on Feb 26, 2013

Pittsburgh Steelersí wide receiver Mike Wallace is heading towards free agency and into the welcoming arms of some desperate wide receiver needy teams. Now donít get me wrong, Dwayne Bowe and Greg Jennings will be other names teams will be going after, but Wallace is the best option for any team looking for a receiver.

One of the big benefits to signing Mike Wallace in the off-season is his speed. As anyone who has played the Pittsburgh Steelers can tell you, or any corner who has tried to keep up with Mike Wallace would tell you, you just canít slow him down. Wallace admitted that he has lost his focus a bit with his new Steelers offense under Todd Haley, but when he is focused, Wallace is one of the best receivers on the field. These five teams need to make a play for him or face another year without a legit number one receiver.

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/pittsburghsteelers/files/2013/02/Mike-Wallace-2.jpg

Mike Wallace could be calling one of these teams home.

Oakland Raiders: The Raiders were all about speed under Al Davis and I donít expect nothing to change. Wallace would be an ideal candidate to be signed by the Raiders, especially if they add Geno Smith through the Draft. Geno will need some one to throw the ball to and Wallace would fit well in Oakland. A Smith to Wallace combination could be deadly and put the AFC West on notice that this isnít the old Oakland Raiders.

Cleveland Browns: While his speed will fit in perfectly with what the Raiders look for, he also fits real nice in Norv Turnerís offense. Whether it is Weeden or someone else, the Browns need to find a perfect compliment to Josh Gordon who I believe will excel in Turnerís offense. Wallace by far is the perfect compliment and would do wonders for a Browns team that did better than their record indicated.

Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson can carry the load by himself but that will just wear him out, the Vikings need some kind of passing game. Kyle Rudolph has become Christian Ponderís favorite target but a speedy receiver like Wallace will allow the Vikings to open up their offense even more.

Seattle Seahawks: Wallace would add so much to an already dangerous offense led by Russell Wilson, this is a move that I can easily see them making. The Seahawks are already dangerous but Wallace could take them over the top as a Super Bowl contender. It also could put them over the top against the 49ers in order to take the division to help their chances in the playoffs by securing a home playoff game.

San Francisco 49ers: Speaking of the 49ers, while Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree are nice, I still say the 49ers need to find a legit number two guy across from Crabtree. One of the reasons why the Ravens were able to do what they did in the Super Bowl was because they got receivers who have speed. Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin. Their best bet for an Atlanta type of offense would be to go out and get Wallace to help their chances of not only getting back to the Super Bowl, but winning it.

http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/13023718?widget=true

No chance w/Oakland as they already have a couple of 4.3 guys

Cleveland I would say is very likely. If that happens all you begging for Lewis to be signed will see just how bad he is when he has to cover Wallace.

Dolphins should be the winner as they have most money and huge need.

KC might lose Bowe and could go after Wallace

Don't rule out Washington as Snyder always seems poised to jump on FA

Vikings don't have a QB that could deliver the deep ball (kinda like us) so no point there

SteelersCanada
03-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Why do people keep tying the 49ers to every single possible free agent and/or trade rumor?

sluggermatt15
03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't . NE thrives on everyone doing their job to perfection, not raw talent. Wallace is the opposite. He will just piss off Brady and the hoody.

I agree with you. I also don't believe NE would throw big $ at Wallace. They might only want to pay him what they feel he is worth. i.e. the deal Wallace was to get, but instead Antonio Brown received. I think that was 5 years for $42 M....

I also doubt NE can keep Welker unless he accepts less $. I don't think NE needs Wallace. I always say that Brady is so good as a QB that it doesn't matter who he is throwing to. But having a speed guy could help.

pete74
03-02-2013, 01:47 PM

Find me another WR with 24 touchdowns and as many yards as Wallace his first 3 years not named Randy Moss. Especially a third rounder.
Im not saying Wallace is the best WR because he isnt but he's a lot better then many of you give him credit for

SteelersCanada
03-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Find me another WR with 24 touchdowns and as many yards as Wallace his first 3 years not named Randy Moss. Especially a third rounder.
Im not saying Wallace is the best WR because he isnt but he's a lot better then many of you give him credit for

To be fair, those other WRs weren't playing with Ben Roethlisberger or played against the Browns and Bengals four times a year. His numbers are inflated and if he ends up somewhere in Miami, he's a 1100 yard 6 - 8 TD receiver with Tannehill.

OX1947
03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Numbers are for LOSERS! Where was he when this team needed a play to close a game out? He was standing watching the other guy who intercepted the ball and not coming back to the ball. Anyone who pays a receiver more then 8 million per is a moron. Especially a quitter.

zcoop
03-02-2013, 04:19 PM
To be fair, those other WRs weren't playing with Ben Roethlisberger or played against the Browns and Bengals four times a year. His numbers are inflated and if he ends up somewhere in Miami, he's a 1100 yard 6 - 8 TD receiver with Tannehill.

So are you saying that our entire offense's numbers are inflated because we play the Bengals and Browns four times a year? And that all of the other receivers numbers are due to having Ben as a QB? Damn man you've got it bad. Give Mike his due, the dude is a top shelf WR. Just because you and some others don't like him, that doesn't take away from his skills on the field. He is well respected around the league.

Given your logic, I guess we should knock Brady down a notch or two because he plays Buf, Mia and the Jets twice a year. Give that BS a rest man. It must be too fuckin cold up there in Canada for rational thinking.:noidea:

harrison'samonster
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
yeah, every team's got weak divisional opponents they play 2 X's per year. Wallace will bring a lot to whatever team he goes to, with an opportunity to take an offense to the next level. I think the problem lies more with the fact that our WR crew wasn't diverse enough in their skills. I don't think a team should pay outrageous money for him, but if he can get it, oh well.

fer522
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
So are you saying that our entire offense's numbers are inflated because we play the Bengals and Browns four times a year? And that all of the other receivers numbers are due to having Ben as a QB? Damn man you've got it bad. Give Mike his due, the dude is a top shelf WR. Just because you and some others don't like him, that doesn't take away from his skills on the field. He is well respected around the league.

Given your logic, I guess we should knock Brady down a notch or two because he plays Buf, Mia and the Jets twice a year. Give that BS a rest man. It must be too fuckin cold up there in Canada for rational thinking.:noidea:

Look at what Fitz has done with SUCK ASS Qb's now put Wallace with Arizona and bring Fitz to play with Ben and tell me that Wallace would have better numbers with whoever the Qb is for Arizona than BIG BEN and Fitz
Wallace is good but Ben and our offense made him better than what he really is :noidea:

steeltheone
03-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Wallace played across from Antonio Brown, thats why his stats were so good.:rofl:

SteelersCanada
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM

Where did I say our entire offensive numbers were inflated? I said Mike Wallace's numbers were inflated because a) he's playing with Roethlisberger and b) plays against notoriously bad CBs four times a year. People can talk up Joe Haden, but Wallace burned right by him most of the time. On the flip side, he struggled with Cromartie against the Jets.

When you put Wallace's numbers up against the truly elite in our league, there's one huge difference: the Quarterback. The guys like Megatron, Fitz and Green have put up numbers like his despite having a mediocre or average Quarterback. So, when you say he's had 'x' amount of yardage and 'x' amount of TDs it's not really all that surprising because of who is throwing him the ball. Can you imagine the yardage and scores that Larry Fitzgerald or AJ Green had Roethlisberger throwing to him? I'm not sure what I have bad because, again, you didn't make a point. Calling Mike Wallace a "top shelf" receiver is a joke. If he's so well respected, why did everyone laugh at when the story leaked about asking for Fitzgerald money? I'm not saying he did but when the story was released everyone had a good chuckle. People don't laugh at "top shelf" Wide Receivers asking for their due. Well respected receivers get their money and if he really was asking for Larry-type money, why isn't he getting it? This is where your argument falls apart. If he's worth that kind of money, why isn't he getting it? All of the reports coming out have the 'Fins offering a 5 year / 60 million deal. That's not even in the same ballpark of what Larry is making.

It's too cold in Canada for rational thinking? No, I'm just tired of the Wallace-nut hugging around here. I'm a huge fan of Wallace and I always will be, but I'm calling a spade a spade - he's not worth what the 'Fins are paying him. We're going to see just what kind of receiver Wallace is when he has Ryan Tannehill throwing his way. Oh, and when his yardage and scores significantly decrease because he doesn't have a top 5 QB throwing him the ball, I won't rub it in your face because I won't have to. It's common sense.

steeltheone
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM

I said he would not hit 2000 yards...For a guy with average route running and average hands those stats are great!

VaDave
03-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Actually, playing lesser talent does have a way of making one look better..........just saying.....

I think the deal with Wallace is we will miss him when he's gone, we will not be a better team with his departure, but we will move on, and there will be Steeler Football played in 2013 and beyond.

As for him getting a mega contract, he deserves what he gets, which will be a great deal more that what the Steelers will pay him. As for a team that is willing to over pay him, I.E, the Dolphins, there are reasons they have not been as competitive, not spending their money prudently might be one of them.

pete74
03-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Numbers are for LOSERS! Where was he when this team needed a play to close a game out? He was standing watching the other guy who intercepted the ball and not coming back to the ball. Anyone who pays a receiver more then 8 million per is a moron. Especially a quitter.

Do you understand what an out route is? If so I assume you never played football because you dont seem to understand this. There is no receiver in this world thats going to catch a ball thrown behind you that far on an out route. Wallace was supposed to run as fast as he can off the line. Once he hit his target which was 7 or 8 yards out he turns on a 90 degree angle to his right and the ball is supposed to be there before he hits the sideline. He is running as fast as he can and its a short pass.
If you want to blame anybody for that play then blame Rothlisbetger because it was his fault.

VaDave
03-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Out routes are not Ben's best pass, especially to his right. He's often late and soft. I've been saying that for years. As for the rest of his throws of his other throws, he's pretty stinking good, although with a guy like Wallace, Ben should anticipate Wallace getting open, until he actually clears before throwing the long bomb. The numbers would have been much better JMO

kan_t
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Do you understand what an out route is? If so I assume you never played football because you dont seem to understand this. There is no receiver in this world thats going to catch a ball thrown behind you that far on an out route. Wallace was supposed to run as fast as he can off the line. Once he hit his target which was 7 or 8 yards out he turns on a 90 degree angle to his right and the ball is supposed to be there before he hits the sideline. He is running as fast as he can and its a short pass.
If you want to blame anybody for that play then blame Rothlisbetger because it was his fault.
And Ben has admitted that it's all on his own about that play.

OX1947
03-03-2013, 10:21 AM

I know what an out route is and I also know when a player half asses it. Wallace played like a scared little girl this year so he wouldnt get hurt. Hes a bitch and I want that clown off this team. He was one of a few things on this team that caused so much unrest.

pete74
03-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I know what an out route is and I also know when a player half asses it. Wallace played like a scared little girl this year so he wouldnt get hurt. Hes a bitch and I want that clown off this team. He was one of a few things on this team that caused so much unrest.

I'm not Wallace's biggest fan by any means, I'm just sick of people blaming everything on him. He definitely had a bad year but so did Brown and Brown made alot more money. I don't care if Wallace is on the team this season or not, I trust our GM so whatever he does us fine with me.
As for that out Wallace ran, it was a perfect pattern. Ben wasn't 100 percent from his injury and tossed a bad pass at the worst time. It wouldn't of happened before his injury and if our line can't stay healthy then it dosnt really matter who he throws to next year because he will get hurt again and the same things will happen.
As for Wallace being a clown, he had a horrible year by his standard but still led all our wide receivers. He had an awesome first three years so like Woodley I'm not going to write him off because of one bad season. He did things his first three years in the NFL that is almost unmatchable

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm not Wallace's biggest fan by any means, I'm just sick of people blaming everything on him. He definitely had a bad year but so did Brown and Brown made alot more money. I don't care if Wallace is on the team this season or not, I trust our GM so whatever he does us fine with me.

I agree with this 100%.

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Out routes are not Ben's best pass, especially to his right. He's often late and soft. I've been saying that for years. As for the rest of his throws of his other throws, he's pretty stinking good, although with a guy like Wallace, Ben should anticipate Wallace getting open, until he actually clears before throwing the long bomb. The numbers would have been much better JMO

Ben has a terrible deep ball, frankly it blows ! Cant tell if I'm watching a QB or Duck Dynasty !!!!!!!!

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Thats because the only 2 other WR's in NFL HISTORY to have a better first 3 years were Moss & Rice ...pretty good company I'd say... all these yinzer's will be crying when he's lighting it up somewhere else !

Steeldude
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
As for that out Wallace ran, it was a perfect pattern. Ben wasn't 100 percent from his injury and tossed a bad pass at the worst time. It wouldn't of happened before his injury and if our line can't stay healthy then it dosnt really matter who he throws to next year because he will get hurt again and the same things will happen.
As for Wallace being a clown, he had a horrible year by his standard but still led all our wide receivers. He had an awesome first three years so like Woodley I'm not going to write him off because of one bad season. He did things his first three years in the NFL that is almost unmatchable

He is a one-trick pony. He failed because he has poor fundamentals and no heart. He needs to learn how to catch with hands extended. Most of all he needs to fight for passes and not give up on plays

Wallace would have been making more than Brown, but he chose not to sign. Wallace has no one to blame but himself.

Look at the poor effort Wallace gave in his contract year. How do you think he would have played if given that huge contract?

pittpete
03-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Brown_______13gp-66rec-105target-787yds-11.9avg-5TD-43firstdowns
Wallace______15gp-64rec-119target-836yds-13.1avg-8TD-33firstdowns

Wallace was playing for a contract though........:coffee:

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM

Wallace was playing for a contract though........:coffee:

He's as good as Megatron, though. Man, if only he didn't play with such a shitty Quarterback, he'd have 2000 yards. Poor Mike.

VaDave
03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Ben has a terrible deep ball, frankly it blows ! Cant tell if I'm watching a QB or Duck Dynasty !!!!!!!!

Brady has survived these years quite nicely without a great deep ball as well. I can go on and list a lot of QBs that don't throw a great deep ball. It's not a requirement. NOR is it a requirement that 100% of ALL passes be right on the money.

Look. we get your point. You think Ben Roethslistberger is a worthless piece of excrement.. Unfortunately for you, most people don't agree, including, the owners of the Steelers, his peers in the game, his coaches, not just of the Steelers, but around the league, his wife, and anybody with a football IQ over 84. So why don't you just drop it already?

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Brady has survived these years quite nicely without a great deep ball as well. I can go on and list a lot of QBs that don't throw a great deep ball. It's not a requirement. NOR is it a requirement that 100% of ALL passes be right on the money.

Look. we get your point. You think Ben Roethslistberger is a worthless piece of excrement.. Unfortunately for you, most people don't agree, including, the owners of the Steelers, his peers in the game, his coaches, not just of the Steelers, but around the league, his wife, and anybody with a football IQ over 84. So why don't you just drop it already?

The steelers tried to trade Ben after he raped those 2 ladies...no takers. Its ok everyone knows you want to "teo" Ben's sausage.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
The steelers tried to trade Ben after he raped those 2 ladies...no takers. Its ok everyone knows you want to "teo" Ben's sausage.

Your really annoying, can we trade you to another forum????....probably no takers cause your a dumbass.

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 03:34 PM
curtiscotts got a bad Ben/Rape fetish thing going on. he probably has wall paper of Mendenhall grinding on Ben throughout the house.

VaDave
03-03-2013, 04:11 PM

You actually believe this??? Oh, come on man. Grow up.

Look nit, I never said Ben was the 2nd coming of Otto Graham or the Pope either for that matter. What I will say is he's a dang fine QB that happens to be playing at a high level.

What went on in his personal life, and his reputation while suspect, is not actually based on facts. In truth, the FACTS, (you do know the difference between a fact and an assumption I would hope?) clearly point out that nothing in either case even remotely suggests that a rape has occurred.

All that there is in both cases is a she said, he said. That's all there is. There is no evidence that anything occurred. What is remarkable, since it is virtually impossible for that act to have happened without evidence remaining, let alone twice, there are STILL people, you included, that STILL cling to the theory that since there was an accusation, it must be true. Truth be told, what you are suffering from is a bad case of conjecture without the facts to back it up dude.

BTW, I believe you were accused of some pretty disgusting actions a couple of times on this board too. While were making assumptions, let me make an assumption as well that you are also indeed piece of crap.

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
You actually believe this??? Oh, come on man. Grow up.

Look nit, I never said Ben was the 2nd coming of Otto Graham or the Pope either for that matter. What I will say is he's a dang fine QB that happens to be playing at a high level.

What went on in his personal life, and his reputation while suspect, is not actually based on facts. In truth, the FACTS, (you do know the difference between a fact and an assumption I would hope?) clearly point out that nothing in either case even remotely suggests that a rape has occurred.

All that there is in both cases is a she said, he said. That's all there is. There is no evidence that anything occurred. What is remarkable, since it is virtually impossible for that act to have happened without evidence remaining, let alone twice, there are STILL people, you included, that STILL cling to the theory that since there was an accusation, it must be true. Truth be told, what you are suffering from is a bad case of conjecture without the facts to back it up dude.

BTW, I believe you were accused of some pretty disgusting actions a couple of times on this board too. While were making assumptions, let me make an assumption as well that you are also indeed piece of crap.

VaginaDave go call someone on your Obamaphone that cares.

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 04:24 PM
He is a one-trick pony. He failed because he has poor fundamentals and no heart. He needs to learn how to catch with hands extended. Most of all he needs to fight for passes and not give up on plays

Wallace would have been making more than Brown, but he chose not to sign. Wallace has no one to blame but himself.

Look at the poor effort Wallace gave in his contract year. How do you think he would have played if given that huge contract?

Wow, couldnt be any worse than Brown played after his HUGE contract. Youll be sorry when he's gone. it will be another great excuse as to why ben sucks next year too !

VaDave
03-03-2013, 04:30 PM
VaginaDave go call someone on your Obamaphone that cares.

I guess I was right, you are indeed a piece of crap.

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM

absolutely VaDave, there's no reason to try and argue with him rationally, the piece of crap is obviously a troll.

MACH1
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
We all know the only reason Scrotis is here is to bash Ben.

Don't feed the :troll:

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 05:00 PM

But yet you cheer for a guy who rapes women because he think he's entitled.

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 05:02 PM

I think I speak for everyone when I say,

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lucm84yLbK1r085xlo1_400.gif

Now, shut your mouth before more bullshit spews out of it.

Thanks.

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 05:03 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say,

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lucm84yLbK1r085xlo1_400.gif

Now, shut your mouth before more bullshit spews out of it.

Thanks.

Go back to Canada you illegal.

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Go back to Canada you illegal.

I'm already in Canada so me going back to Canada would be quite a trick.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Two drunk people at a bar hookup. Girl wakes up friends goes omg you know what you did last night? What she says? You hookup with Ben roethlisberger. What that's crazy. Yeah you know what we could get money out of this if you say you got raped!

I think you should change your iron city logo to a Sam Adams logo with the patriots logo with it cause you should not represent steeler nation. We don't want you to wear black and gold. You are a disgrace and most of all a dumbass.

MACH1
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Scrotis is about to take a vacation maybe he can go visit.

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Scrotis is about to take a vacation maybe he can go visit.

9gmZ4RJp5GQ

:wave:

Steeldude
03-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Wow, couldnt be any worse than Brown played after his HUGE contract. Youll be sorry when he's gone. it will be another great excuse as to why ben sucks next year too !

You and I have two different views on players. You like players who deliberately do not try and I do not like them.

Brown played better than Wallace. He also put forth effort.

Tell me, what does Wallace bring besides a great 40-time? I have yet to find one Wallace fan who can answer it.

Hawaii 5-0
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Aloha Scrotis, you won't be missed...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFsQeMd2NRFfO6z__tGO9_sDmdtwL7z rBIODLGIazrDRuasg_q

lloydwoodson
03-03-2013, 05:54 PM

Newsflash! No one likes Canadians! You better stay up there freezing your hippy ass off eating moose and riding snowmobiles. Don't even think of stealing American jobs you ice-worshipping heathen!

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Newsflash! No one likes Canadians! You better stay up there freezing your hippy ass off eating moose and riding snowmobiles. Don't even think of stealing American jobs you ice-worshipping heathen!

I'm freezing in my igloo trying fight off polar bears while watching hockey. Oh, and I'm going to go snow-shoeing tomorrow. Eh?

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm freezing in my igloo trying fight off polar bears while watching hockey. Oh, and I'm going to go snow-shoeing tomorrow. Eh?

you hoser

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
you hoser

As popular as that term apparently is, I've never actually heard anyone say it.

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM
As popular as that term apparently is, I've never actually heard anyone say it.

wouldn't surprise me, I think it's mainly popular due to that Rick Moranis skit they made into a hilarious movie Strange Brew

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
wouldn't surprise me, I think it's mainly popular due to that Rick Moranis skit they made into a hilarious movie Strange Brew

Is it bad that I had to Google who and what each of those things were?

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Is it bad that I had to Google who and what each of those things were?

that's funny. I thought it would have been like the Canadian National Movie or something lol. It's got a lot of drinking and a little bit of hockey, and a flying dog all loosely based on Hamlet.

EDIT: Wait a minute...you had to google Rick Moranis! Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spaceballs, Little Shop of Horrors! That is bad. lol

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
that's funny. I thought it would have been like the Canadian National Movie or something lol. It's got a lot of drinking and a little bit of hockey, and a flying dog all loosely based on Hamlet.

EDIT: Wait a minute...you had to google Rick Moranis! Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spaceballs, Little Shop of Horrors! That is bad. lol

All of those things came out before I was born! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The only one I've seen from that list is Ghostbusters and it came out 8 years before I was born. And I still haven't even seen it all the way through.

This isn't getting any better for me, is it?

fer522
03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
:banging: I had to google Rick Moranis AND Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spaceballs,and Little Shop of Horrors! That is bad :banging:

harrison'samonster
03-03-2013, 07:06 PM

:shake01:

MACH1
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUAuFhY5d1ZtRoRLGyHD20ufEjsbMu t-T8qXMfwvDd607VF1LTQ

:chuckle:

teegre
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
All of those things came out before I was born! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The only one I've seen from that list is Ghostbusters and it came out 8 years before I was born. And I still haven't even seen it all the way through.

Canada, please tell me that you know who Bill Murray is.

You're one of the coolest people on here, and it would be devastating (to my psyche) if you had to Google him.

So, in other words... LIE to me.

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Canada, please tell me that you know who Bill Murray is.

You're one of the coolest people on here, and it would be devastating (to my psyche) if you had to Google him.

So, in other words... LIE to me.

He was the guy that voiced Garfield, right? Wasn't he also in something about a hedgehog or something?

Kidding! Even I've heard of Groundhog Day.

In all honesty, he's probably the only actor from the 80s that I'd know by name. Oh and he was in Zombieland.

teegre
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
He was the guy that voiced Garfield, right? Wasn't he also in something about a hedgehog or something?

In all honesty, he's probably the only actor from the 80s that I'd know by name. Oh and he was in Zombieland.

The best line in Zombieland (and one of the best lines in any movie):

As Bill Murray (playing Bill Murray), is dying, he is asked if he has any regrets... and he replies, "Garfield."

[Crisis avoided. Everyone can now return to defcon 5.]

zcoop
03-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Where did I say our entire offensive numbers were inflated? I said Mike Wallace's numbers were inflated because a) he's playing with Roethlisberger and b) plays against notoriously bad CBs four times a year.

You said it in bold because Mike played against the same defense that our offense did. If his numbers are inflated then wouldn't Ben and the other receivers numbers also be inflated because they're playing against the same players?

AJ, Fitzgerald and Calvin play in offenses that are designed to maximize their attributes. Mike's numbers aren't too shabby aside from this year when the offensive scheme change to dink and dunk which doesn't maximize his skill set. Also, Matt Stafford ain't a bad QB either and throws the ball over 700 times a season in that offense. But I would too if I had Calvin catching it.

I like Ben but I can't attribute the success of our WRs to him solely, I think they made each other better. Ben has had a talented group at the WR position since he came aboard. So I don't buy into that Ben mad them great bullshit. This is a team sport.

Calling Mike Wallace a "top shelf" receiver is a joke. If he's so well respected, why did everyone laugh at when the story leaked about asking for Fitzgerald money? I'm not saying he did but when the story was released everyone had a good chuckle. People don't laugh at "top shelf" Wide Receivers asking for their due. Well respected receivers get their money and if he really was asking for Larry-type money, why isn't he getting it? This is where your argument falls apart. If he's worth that kind of money, why isn't he getting it? All of the reports coming out have the 'Fins offering a 5 year / 60 million deal. That's not even in the same ballpark of what Larry is making.

I'm not the only one who think Mike's a top shelf receiver, but Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders are two HOFs who seem to think so too. I know that opinions are like assholes, so we all got em. One man's Top Shelf could be another's dump so we'll let you have your view. One last thing, I'm still waiting on documented proof that Mike asked for Fitzgerald kind of money. Do you know where we can find that proof? I don't mean the words of some talking dick head either, real proof. We've been hearing about this since last summer but nothing has surfaced.

Bane
03-03-2013, 10:06 PM

And Ghostbusters. Don't you dare forget Ghostbusters. :chuckle:

teegre
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM

And there was that one movie about the Cinderella story... out of no where... leading the pack at Augusta... a former groundskeeper...

You know... The Razor's Edge. :wink02:

VaDave
03-04-2013, 05:55 AM

I'm obviously dealing with a second rate intellect , but here goes:

I read the article that your posted on the Roethslisberger Buries head in the Sand thread, and if ever bothered to read it, and UNDERSTAND what was written, nowhere in it does it mention there was any proof of guilt, admission or guilt, and or cash payment of any kind. All it said was a reiteration or the accusation, history of the case, the case is settled, and nothing more was said by either party..

If you know anything about the legal system, which is seriously doubtful at this point, court actions have to be settled one way or another. It DOES NOT mean that there is guilt, or an admission of guilt, neither of which was mentioned in the article. What your are posting and continue to post is nothing more than conjecture on your part and could be considered slander in a court of law.

So until you can come up with PROOF positive, of which there is none, or find a way to open private sealed records on the matter, you're blowing in the wind dude.

As for how I feel about the guy, he's no hero of mine, and I can honestly say I WAS as disgusted and disturbed by the accusations as you are. The operative word is WAS.

But I also believe in the foundation of our legal frame work, where one is considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt for criminal cases, as well as on the preponderance of evidence as the standard for civil cases.

In both of these incidents, the criminal system had no evidence to base a case without shadow of doubt. So according to our system of law, which has been in effect for over 200 years, and functioning very well, Ben is innocent of criminal charges.

As for civil charges, and there was only one, not two. Keeping in mind, that unlike a criminal action, guilt is based on a preponderance of evidence, a much lower burden. Under the circumstances in Millagegeville, all it would have taken was for the victim to take the stand, breakdown in tears, and they would have hauled Ben to the nearest tree and lynched him right then and there. The fact that there was no civil action is very telling to an open mind that maybe initial testimony was, lets say, embellished a great deal.

As for Lake Tahoe, the only case filed against Mr. Roethlisberger, it settled. There is no public record of payments, or admission of guilt.

scottcurtis
03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm obviously dealing with a second rate intellect , but here goes:

I read the article that your posted on the Roethslisberger Buries head in the Sand thread, and if ever bothered to read it, and UNDERSTAND what was written, nowhere in it does it mention there was any proof of guilt, admission or guilt, and or cash payment of any kind. All it said was a reiteration or the accusation, history of the case, the case is settled, and nothing more was said by either party..

If you know anything about the legal system, which is seriously doubtful at this point, court actions have to be settled one way or another. It DOES NOT mean that there is guilt, or an admission of guilt, neither of which was mentioned in the article. What your are posting and continue to post is nothing more than conjecture on your part and could be considered slander in a court of law.

So until you can come up with PROOF positive, of which there is none, or find a way to open private sealed records on the matter, you're blowing in the wind dude.

As for how I feel about the guy, he's no hero of mine, and I can honestly say I WAS as disgusted and disturbed by the accusations as you are. The operative word is WAS.

But I also believe in the foundation of our legal frame work, where one is considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt for criminal cases, as well as on the preponderance of evidence as the standard for civil cases.

In both of these incidents, the criminal system had no evidence to base a case without shadow of doubt. So according to our system of law, which has been in effect for over 200 years, and functioning very well, Ben is innocent of criminal charges.

As for civil charges, and there was only one, not two. Keeping in mind, that unlike a criminal action, guilt is based on a preponderance of evidence, a much lower burden. Under the circumstances in Millagegeville, all it would have taken was for the victim to take the stand, breakdown in tears, and they would have hauled Ben to the nearest tree and lynched him right then and there. The fact that there was no civil action is very telling to an open mind that maybe initial testimony was, lets say, embellished a great deal.

As for Lake Tahoe, the only case filed against Mr. Roethlisberger, it settled. There is no public record of payments, or admission of guilt.

First off, your third rate intellect couldn't figure out that the posting "head in the sand" had nothing to do with his raping women. It was about Ben again being in total denial of any locker room problems. You can believe want you want about the rape in Nevada ...he did it and paid his way out. I remember him at the presser saying he wouldnt stop fighting this until he cleared his name....Right up to the point he settled out of court so he didnt have to go in front of a jury. All his high priced lawyers couldnt get the case dropped because there was something there. Bens wife must be so proud.

MACH1
03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
This is a Wallace thread not a Ben hate thread. Lets keep it that way.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Many will point to Caddyshack as one of Murray's best role, or Lost in Translation. I'm a sucker for Jon Winger in Stripes.

Cant wait for free agency, so Wallace can go and these threads can end.

TRH
03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
First off, your third rate intellect couldn't figure out that the posting "head in the sand" had nothing to do with his raping women. It was about Ben again being in total denial of any locker room problems. You can believe want you want about the rape in Nevada ...he did it and paid his way out. I remember him at the presser saying he wouldnt stop fighting this until he cleared his name....Right up to the point he settled out of court so he didnt have to go in front of a jury. All his high priced lawyers couldnt get the case dropped because there was something there. Bens wife must be so proud.

get lost.

scottcurtis
03-04-2013, 10:31 AM
This is why Wallace will be more productive with a better QB ... If he wouldnt have caught this ball you people would have been all over him !!!! But Ben had all day to throw, Wallace blew by the defenders and Ben couldnt put the ball on the money again. Ben gave the DB a chance to make a play when it should be an easy TD. You will miss Mike Wallace !!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112265/Roethlisberger-60-yard-pass-to-Wallace

harrison'samonster
03-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Many will point to Caddyshack as one of Murray's best role, or Lost in Translation. I'm a sucker for Jon Winger in Stripes.

Cant wait for free agency, so Wallace can go and these threads can end.

Oh free agency won't make these threads go away immediately. Especially if he ends up in Miami or some team we play against next season.

Stripes was a great one!

SteelersCanada
03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
This is why Wallace will be more productive with a better QB ... If he wouldnt have caught this ball you people would have been all over him !!!! But Ben had all day to throw, Wallace blew by the defenders and Ben couldnt put the ball on the money again. Ben gave the DB a chance to make a play when it should be an easy TD. You will miss Mike Wallace !!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112265/Roethlisberger-60-yard-pass-to-Wallace

Do you have any idea how hard it is to throw it 60 yards? Completing a 60 yard pass into a 5 yard window is fucking impressive. If he did lead Wallace over the top, it would've been picked off as the Safety had a play on the underneath. That ball was perfectly thrown. There's not a ton of Quarterbacks that can even hit that ball, let alone meet your lofty expectation of throwing it another 6 yards into the endzone for a 'clean catch'.

I'd appreciate it if you ever made any kind of sense with your bullshit posts. It's unfortunate to me that you haven't ever made sense in any single thing you've ever said so I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

scottcurtis
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Do you have any idea how hard it is to throw it 60 yards? Completing a 60 yard pass into a 5 yard window is fucking impressive. If he did lead Wallace over the top, it would've been picked off as the Safety had a play on the underneath. That ball was perfectly thrown. There's not a ton of Quarterbacks that can even hit that ball, let alone meet your lofty expectation of throwing it another 6 yards into the endzone for a 'clean catch'.

I'd appreciate it if you ever made any kind of sense with your bullshit posts. It's unfortunate to me that you haven't ever made sense in any single thing you've ever said so I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

You think that ball was perfectly thrown LOLOLOLOL ! Ive heard it all !!!! You know football ? Ive seen pro QB's throw 60 yds on there knees in practice. You sir are a total joke....PERFECTLY THROWN MY ASS !

Here's some random dude doing it for christ sake !!!!!

http://youtu.be/GAr7dJATH5s

steelfury02
03-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Ben's deep ball ability is up for debate. Its not the worst IMO, it could be better. However, as you all know - I don't really think we need to pull a Flacco and heave ho it to pull a flag or to complete a 99/100 impossible completion. There was a lot of factors going into Flacco's playoff run. He deserves the accolades - best deep ball showing I've seen in a long time - but - enough of the comparisons already and the Ben bashing.

Let's say Steelers Nation is divided on who Ben is as a person and a teammate, and where he should be heading with his skill set and leave it alone at that already

As much as I've been bashing Ben - he will help our fave team seriously contend for another 2-4 seasons realistically speaking - we absolutely do not need Wallace to get Steeler Nation back on top. We need a leader at the WR position and we need good hands - end of story.

SteelersCanada
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
You think that ball was perfectly thrown LOLOLOLOL ! Ive heard it all !!!! You know football ? Ive seen pro QB's throw 60 yds on there knees in practice. You sir are a total joke....PERFECTLY THROWN MY ASS !

Show me.

Oh, and when you come back with no videos or evidence of any kind, I won't call you out on your bullshit because we've all come to expect it.

edit -- so, you come back with a shitty quality YouTube video of two random guys and come back and act like that's rock solid evidence. Do you realize everything you do makes you look like a complete clown?

scottcurtis
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Show me.

Oh, and when you come back with no videos or evidence of any kind, I won't call you out on your bullshit because we've all come to expect it.

How about random joe above !!!!~! Check youtube there buddy !

SteelersCanada
03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
How about random joe above !!!!~! Check youtube there buddy !

Show me a professional Quarterback doing it in practice. I mean, if you've seen it, it shouldn't be hard to find. Fuck that, show me a video of a Quarterback leading someone for 65+ yards into the endzone.

And no, I don't want to see some video of two assholes throwing it around in their backyard.

Bane
03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Am I the only one who sees scottcurtis is very clearly trolling?

The more we feed him, the more he'll be back for.

Dude is just getting people riled up over Big Ben because he's an easy target. Sure, his leadership is questionable, but the dude can play. And he's proved that given Hines is gone this year and Ben was still in consideration for MVP up until his injury.

steelfury02
03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Am I the only one who sees scottcurtis is very clearly trolling?

The more we feed him, the more he'll be back for.

Dude is just getting people riled up over Big Ben because he's an easy target. Sure, his leadership is questionable, but the dude can play. And he's proved that given Hines is gone this year and Ben was still in consideration for MVP up until his injury.

Ben's recent quotes about ending the locker room turmoil might mean his mouth is finally matching his on the field example

MACH1
03-04-2013, 10:55 AM

Here's some random dude doing it for christ sake !!!!!

http://youtu.be/GAr7dJATH5s

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd321/34tmyl337/Misc/banhammer.jpg

Bane
03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm not doubting that, but as the mod said, this is a Mike Wallace thread. Scottcurtis is clearly picking at Ben because the subject is divisive, and everyone is getting worked up about it. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but ignore scott because he is simply doing this knowing everyone will bite.

Don't feed the troll. All I'm saying.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Ben clearly underthrew Wallace on that one. But didnt that game happen after the sternoclavicular joing separation? That had to be tough to do and hurt at the same time, unless he was narc'd up on something.

Ben can make all the throws. We cant pay Wallace what he wants and while he lead the team with 6 dropped passes, it just felt like he dropped more....or maybe it was the timing of the drops?

Later Wallace. Hope you enjoy Carolina, Miami, or wherever else you land.

harrison'samonster
03-04-2013, 11:47 AM

not only was it probably the timing of the drops, but look at the difference in 1st downs. That builds a lot of trust when a player moves the chains.

steelfury02
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
not only was it probably the timing of the drops, but look at the difference in 1st downs. That builds a lot of trust when a player moves the chains.

good point, its hard analyzing every pass attempt to them to understand the true picture between the two - but it honestly only takes remembering the critical situations when the season hung in the balance to see that AB had effort and was pressing as we all mentioned, while Wallace was making business decisions including not fighting for the ball in traffic. His highlight of the season v. Giants summed up his career here. Plenty of highlights, lack of dependability down the stretch. Regular season TDs mean shit when you can't do the same thing to help your team move on and through the post season.

AB is not free of ridicule - but you cannot compare where their hearts are at.

VaDave
03-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Hey nit, you were the one that posted the article there, not me. If you don't want your trail of crap commented on, don't put it out there. I would have posted there but the thread was closed, as I'm sure this one is about to be.

There is STILL no public record of what you believe or any indication that anything of that sort occurred. As for Ben's reaction, I can think of $100 million worth of reasons why he would not take this to court. Pretty much, if he didn't settle Heir Goodell would have gladly impaled him him on his petard.

Further, if you find Ben not wanting to clear his name in Tahoe SO objectionable and suspicious, what do you have to say about Miss Millageville declining to press charges or filing a civil suit suit????

On second though, I really would rather not hear what you have to say, but I don't think we'll be so lucky....lol!!

SteelBlaze1
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I am not sure we all agree, but to some extent...we WILL miss Wallace.

How much will Steelers miss Wallace?
March, 5, 2013
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers were never expected to make a run at retaining wide receiver Mike Wallace. Now, after seeing the details for Dwayne Bowe's deal, everyone can pretty much agree there's no chance of Pittsburgh holding onto Wallace once he hits free agency next Tuesday.

The cap-strapped Steelers can't afford the market value for Wallace, which was established when Bowe signed a contract Monday that averages $12 million over the first three years. Wallace will probably end up in the $11 million to $13 million per year range.

The receiver-needy Dolphins remain the popular destination for Wallace, and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter tweeted Monday that Wallace is on the Dolphins' radar. Some speculate the Browns could be in the mix for Wallace, but I don't see the Browns spending free-agency dollars on that position.

I understand the perception that the Steelers really won't miss Wallace. Pittsburgh didn't falter after losing Santonio Holmes. Wallace wasn't a good fit in Todd Haley's quick-hitting passing attack. And Wallace didn't win over the Steelers with last season's unfocused effort.

Still, the Steelers are going to have a big-play void without Wallace, who had four catches over 40 yards in Haley's offense last season. Here is what Wallace has meant to the Steelers offense (numbers come courtesy of Jon Stewart from ESPN Stats & Information): No player in the NFL has more 40-yard receptions since 2009 than Wallace (27) and his 16 touchdown catches of 40 yards or longer are also an NFL-high over that span. Since 2009, no other Steelers receiver has more than five 40-yard catches (Hines Ward, who retired before last season) or two 40-yard touchdown catches (Antonio Brown).

By next week, we'll find out where Wallace lands. But we'll likely have to wait until the end of the season to see how much his loss affected Pittsburgh.

Vis
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I get the feeling some of the locker room troubles will move to Miami. We could be better off

steelfury02
03-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I am not sure we all agree, but to some extent...we WILL miss Wallace.

How much will Steelers miss Wallace?
March, 5, 2013
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers were never expected to make a run at retaining wide receiver Mike Wallace. Now, after seeing the details for Dwayne Bowe's deal, everyone can pretty much agree there's no chance of Pittsburgh holding onto Wallace once he hits free agency next Tuesday.

The cap-strapped Steelers can't afford the market value for Wallace, which was established when Bowe signed a contract Monday that averages $12 million over the first three years. Wallace will probably end up in the $11 million to $13 million per year range.

The receiver-needy Dolphins remain the popular destination for Wallace, and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter tweeted Monday that Wallace is on the Dolphins' radar. Some speculate the Browns could be in the mix for Wallace, but I don't see the Browns spending free-agency dollars on that position.

I understand the perception that the Steelers really won't miss Wallace. Pittsburgh didn't falter after losing Santonio Holmes. Wallace wasn't a good fit in Todd Haley's quick-hitting passing attack. And Wallace didn't win over the Steelers with last season's unfocused effort.

Still, the Steelers are going to have a big-play void without Wallace, who had four catches over 40 yards in Haley's offense last season. Here is what Wallace has meant to the Steelers offense (numbers come courtesy of Jon Stewart from ESPN Stats & Information): No player in the NFL has more 40-yard receptions since 2009 than Wallace (27) and his 16 touchdown catches of 40 yards or longer are also an NFL-high over that span. Since 2009, no other Steelers receiver has more than five 40-yard catches (Hines Ward, who retired before last season) or two 40-yard touchdown catches (Antonio Brown).

By next week, we'll find out where Wallace lands. But we'll likely have to wait until the end of the season to see how much his loss affected Pittsburgh.

Hensily is loving every second of Wallace leaving - He's a Bmore hometown guy through and through - he has taken every chance to publicly enjoy our 8-8 product

scottcurtis
03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
I get the feeling some of the locker room troubles will move to Miami. We could be better off

When was there locker room trouble by Wallace ? Or is this just something you perceive to be ?

Vis
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
When was there locker room trouble by Wallace ? Or is this just something you perceive to be ?

Wallace is who Brown meant. Betcha

teegre
03-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Wallace is who Brown meant. Betcha

Brown at first alluded to it, and then flat-out stated that his relationship with Wallace was "different" this past season.

But, you're about to be set up for a BB bashing. (It's what scottcurtis does... ad nauseum.)

steelfury02
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Brown at first alluded to it, and then flat-out stated that his relationship with Wallace was "different" this past season.

But, you're about to be set up for a BB bashing. (It's what scottcurtis does... ad nauseum.)

no, no, no - if anyone is going to bash Ben - it's me. don't be sellin out my board responsibilities :chuckle:

AB said the relationship entered an awkward phase (and media is alluding to the fact that Brown got paid "instead of Wallace" - although, some Steelers fans seem to think they both could have gotten paid which would have lead to even more cuts in the next week or two, especially if Wallace would have been willing to take somewhere in the 6-7 range)

austinfrench76
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Brown did say it was awkward which probably means worse, just speculating like we fans do, but the real problem was his decision to hold out. I know that's not a secret here but when he knew he was going to have no choice but to stay in Pitt and sign the tender, he decided to still hold out of camp. With a new OC coming in and needing to get his timing down with BB. That was him sealing his own fate here.

Hawaii 5-0
03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
this may help Mike Wallace get the big contract he's looking for...

Dwayne Bowe signs 5-year, $56 million contract with Chiefs

By Randy Booth on Mar 5 2013

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/9118643/20120930_lbm_sr9_096.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Bowe will earn a guaranteed $26 million.

Dwayne Bowe is now a top-five receiver in the NFL -- at least when it comes to his salary.

Bowe's new deal with the Kansas City Chiefs is for $56 million over five years, according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. A total of $26 million is guaranteed and he'll make, on average, $11 million per season.

His signing bonus is $15 million, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. He'll make $36 million over the first three seasons.

This makes the market interesting for the remaining wide receivers on the market, like Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin and Wes Welker.

Bowe's new contract puts him into elite contract status. His $26 million guaranteed is in the top five in the league for wide receivers, right with Vincent Jackson -- who was also guaranteed $26 million when he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Jackson signed a five-year, $55.55 million deal before the 2012 season.

Detroit's Calvin Johnson ($48.75 million guaranteed), Houston's Andre Johnson ($48 million) and Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald ($27 million) are the only receivers with more guaranteed money.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/5/4066700/dwayne-bowe-contract-terms-chiefs

pete74
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Unlike alot of people here I think Wallace is a really good WR but I like Bowe much better. He is taller and I can'teven imagine his stats if he actually had a QB that can throw

VSP644
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Wallace & Lewis will most likely sign with the Dolphins...Lewis made his comments last week so I believe both will be heavily paid com Mar 12....neither one of these two have shown that they have any loyalty to the steelers organization nor the fans of this city...like always we will find suitable replacements and most likely one of them will be an all-pro...we are better off

scottcurtis
03-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Wallace & Lewis will most likely sign with the Dolphins...Lewis made his comments last week so I believe both will be heavily paid com Mar 12....neither one of these two have shown that they have any loyalty to the steelers organization nor the fans of this city...like always we will find suitable replacements and most likely one of them will be an all-pro...we are better off

I cant see how anyone in there right mind would think the Steelers are going to be better without the #1 deep threat in the league :doh:
How can you question his loyalty ? Cuz he held out ??? Do you think Hines was not loyal cuz he held out ? I guess you do.

Hawaii 5-0
03-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Unlike alot of people here I think Wallace is a really good WR but I like Bowe much better. He is taller and I can'teven imagine his stats if he actually had a QB that can throw

I would much rather have Bowe also.

and I also think that Mike Wallace is a really good WR, his kind of speed and ability to stretch the field is very rare and hard to find. I just don't think he's $10-11 million/year good...

VSP644
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Did the Ravens have a deep threat and they won a Super Bowl? We never had a deep threat in our last two Super Bowl wins. Wallace never committed himself to the team last year. It was all about money for him. Hines was not working on his first contract either. Wallace wants to break the bank and be paid like Fits and Johnson. Wallace doesnt even come close to these two players and therefore will not get paid like them. I like Wallace as a player but the phrase "One trick pony" comes to mind. Look at what he done last year, the "proof is in the puddin." The Steelers don't need the me first type attitude. Lewis will follow Wallace whereever Wallace lands.

SteelersCanada
03-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Bowe had Matt Cassel throwing to him for four seasons and, when he played all 16 games, got over 1000 yards. Wallace had Roethlisberger throwing to him and we're amazed at the yardage and scores he was able to get over the years.

One of these things is not like the other. Ben to Bowe > Ben to Wallace.

teegre
03-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Did the Ravens have a deep threat

Torrey Smith... :noidea:

Buddha Bus
03-05-2013, 03:33 PM

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/fucking-retarded-troll.jpg

Fortunately for ScrotCoitus.... he's both! :thumbsup:

Buddha Bus
03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Torrey Smith... :noidea:

I see your Torrey Smith and raise you a Jacoby Jones.

scottcurtis
03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Did the Ravens have a deep threat and they won a Super Bowl? We never had a deep threat in our last two Super Bowl wins. Wallace never committed himself to the team last year. It was all about money for him. Hines was not working on his first contract either. Wallace wants to break the bank and be paid like Fits and Johnson. Wallace doesnt even come close to these two players and therefore will not get paid like them. I like Wallace as a player but the phrase "One trick pony" comes to mind. Look at what he done last year, the "proof is in the puddin." The Steelers don't need the me first type attitude. Lewis will follow Wallace whereever Wallace lands.
Do you watch football at all ?
As a matter of fact they did.... aka Torrey Smith .

FYI From Wikipedia.

Professional career

[edit]Baltimore Ravens
[edit]2011 season

Smith (82) at Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in 2012. Also pictured are LaQuan Williams (15) and Anquan Boldin (81).
The Baltimore Ravens selected Smith with the 58th overall pick in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Smith, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 seconds at the combine, was described as a deep threat that the team had missed the previous season.[69]
After facing criticism for a lack of production in the first two weeks,[70][71] Smith turned in a record-setting performance against the St. Louis Rams in Week 3. In the first quarter, he scored on each of his first three career receptions with 74-, 41-, and 18-yard touchdowns. The 74-yard score was the longest completion of quarterback Joe Flacco's career. He became the first NFL rookie, and only the twelfth player, to amass three touchdown receptions in a single quarter.[71] Smith finished the game with five receptions for 152 yards in the 37–7 victory.[72] Smith caught the game winning touchdown against the Steelers on November 6, 2011. On November 20, 2011, Smith once again showed his knack for making plays in the Ravens' 31-24 win over division rivals, the Cincinnati Bengals. In his second 150 yard receiving performance of the season, Torrey made 6 receptions for 165 yards, including a 49 yard touchdown from Joe Flacco. He finished the season with 50 receptions, 841 receiving yards and a team leading (and Ravens rookie record) 7 receiving touchdowns.

scottcurtis
03-05-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=18636,filename=troll-poster.jpg

Fortunately for ScrotCoitus.... he's both! :thumbsup:

I assume you look like a cross between your sig pic and avatar... your parents must be so proud.

Buddha Bus
03-05-2013, 04:19 PM
I assume you look like a cross between your sig pic and avatar... your parents must be so proud.

And I assume the smarter parts of you ran down the family dog's leg after he impregnated your mother.... that or your parents beat you into your mentally challenged state out of frustration at having such a douchebag kid like you.

MACH1
03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
And I assume the smarter parts of you ran down the family dog's leg after he impregnated your mother.... that or your parents beat you into your mentally challenged state out of frustration at having such a douchebag kid like you.

http://devhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/devhumor.com_arguing_with_retards.jpg

Buddha Bus
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
http://devhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/devhumor.com_arguing_with_retards.jpg

:rofl:

True that.

SteelersCanada
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Where do you even find a picture like that?

Anyway, that's amazing.

VaDave
03-05-2013, 05:19 PM

Dang, and I though I was being rude with him......

pczach
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM

:rofl:

Oh my God..That's so classic!

Buddha Bus
03-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Dang, and I though I was being rude with him......

This is war, Dave..... and war is hell. :chuckle:

scottcurtis
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
This is war, Dave..... and war is hell. :chuckle:

Internet losers like yourself are amusing.

SteelersCanada
03-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Says the guy that has been trashing Roethlisberger in how many threads? Don't take the moral high ground here pal, you've made yourself look like a complete douchebag on multiple occasions.

scottcurtis
03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Ya trashing a rapist... O how do I sleep at night !

6RingsAndCounting
03-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Ya trashing a rapist... O how do I sleep at night !

Remind me how many time this "Rapist" was charged with rape?

Blacksburg Zach
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
So, the Dolphins want Mike Wallace, huh? They do need help at wide receiver, and maybe Wallace can be that play maker for the dolphins at the wide receiver position. Although he did have his struggles last season, the Steelers will miss his speed and his ability to score touchdowns. Let's see how well the Steelers' offense does next season without Wallace, and if the dolphins' offense improves if they do indeed sign Mike Wallace.

harrison'samonster
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
So, the Dolphins want Mike Wallace, huh? They do need help at wide receiver, and maybe Wallace can be that play maker for the dolphins at the wide receiver position. Although he did have his struggles last season, the Steelers will miss his speed and his ability to score touchdowns. Let's see how well the Steelers' offense does next season without Wallace, and if the dolphins' offense improves if they do indeed sign Mike Wallace.

if Wallace can focus and work hard he'll be a great addition to any team.

OX1947
03-05-2013, 10:40 PM
if Wallace can focus and work hard he'll be a great addition to any team.

Yah, and if my sister had balls she'd be my brother.

Buddha Bus
03-06-2013, 06:18 AM

Oh noes! A little 9-year old punk living in his mommy's basement doesn't like me. Whatever shall I do? :dramaqueen:

Do the world a favor. Bend over, shove your head up your ass (heck, you're already halfway there!), look straight up, and eat until you reach your tonsils.

VaDave
03-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Remind me how many time this "Rapist" was charged with rape?

Look, this dude is so full of hatred he's blind to reality at the point of being delusional. What really cracks me up is that apparently, he thinks he knows more than the entire criminal justice system of the State of Georgia.

What arrogance! Here this numb nutz has Ben tried and convicted in his mind, and the state of Georgia could find a shred of evidence to file a charge. Even the girl herself didn't have enough to make a civil suit stick.....

VaDave
03-06-2013, 08:30 AM

Blackie,

The Steelers undoubtedly not be a better offense when Wallace leaves, and I'm equally certain that he will improve things in Miami on his arrival. That is a given, The point is however, he is not worth $10-15 million dollars a year to us. We have other areas of need that we need to allocate those dollar towards.

BTW,

I'm assuming your in Blacksburg, Va. How the weather? I'm in Richmond, and it's a little white.

Blacksburg Zach
03-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Blackie,

The Steelers undoubtedly not be a better offense when Wallace leaves, and I'm equally certain that he will improve things in Miami on his arrival. That is a given, The point is however, he is not worth $10-15 million dollars a year to us. We have other areas of need that we need to allocate those dollar towards.

BTW,

I'm assuming your in Blacksburg, Va. How the weather? I'm in Richmond, and it's a little white.

Well, it's cold and snowy right now. And yeah, a one trick pony is not worth $10-15 million per year. I just wanted to get back on topic.

steelfury02
03-06-2013, 08:49 AM
"hey kid, you wanna' smoke pot, you know, maryjuana?"

i would have been pissed if the Steelers spent the 10 they were supposedly going to. Mike Wallace is a great regular season warrior - kudos to him. I put him at 6-8 because of TDs, but, don't be looking to him in crunch time.

Dependability in the biggest games is what gets guys the big bucks. That is, unless you're the best at your position and you can't help it that your team sucks

VaDave
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Well, it's cold and snowy right now. And yeah, a one trick pony is not worth $10-15 million per year. I just wanted to get back on topic.

Bless you my son!

Drive carefully. Any word on the VT squad for 2013?

wwhickok
03-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Will our offense decline without Wallace. That depends. If we get DeAndre Hopkins, Patterson, Allen, or My favorite, Hunter...Im not so sure there will be a major drop off. However it wont 'improve'. As for Miami signing him, theyre also interested in Jennings so itll be interesting. I do expect Wallace to.imporve but not to.the tune of $11/M a year.

If he ends up in Cleveland I think there will be 0 improvement in his game, considering the QB situation there.

SteelersCanada
03-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Will our offense decline without Wallace. That depends. If we get DeAndre Hopkins, Patterson, Allen, or My favorite, Hunter...Im not so sure there will be a major drop off. However it wont 'improve'. As for Miami signing him, theyre also interested in Jennings so itll be interesting. I do expect Wallace to.imporve but not to.the tune of $11/M a year.

If he ends up in Cleveland I think there will be 0 improvement in his game, considering the QB situation there.

Last I heard they had no intention on pursuing Jennings at all.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144998/article/greg-jenningsjoe-philbin-reunion-reportedly-unlikely

He's going to Miami. The Fins need a Wide Receiver and despite the glaring holes in his game, he's going to be Tannehill's number one option. How this plays out in the AFC East remains to be seen as Wallace has to go against Revis twice a year.

edit -- I need a Hokies fan to clear something up for me. There's a kid Marcus Davis I read an article earlier on today regarding his potential and ceiling in the NFL. It went on to say that he could be the best receiver in this draft, he just needs stability and time in the NFL to blossom and he could develop into a AJ Green or 2013 Dez Bryant-type receiver. Any opinions from VT fans about him? I haven't really seen a whole lot about him or heard a lot about him, just read that article.

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 10:26 AM
New team for Mike Wallace by the weekend?

Even though free agency doesn’t start until 4 p.m. March 12, we very well could find out where Steelers free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace will land by this weekend.

The NFL added a three-day tampering window back in October that permits players, teams and agents to talk to one another before a potential free agent’s contract is up.

Now, it’s not like these meetings haven’t taken place in past years, but this year it will actually be legal under the new terms set forth by the NFL.

So, it is very possible that we could hear something about Wallace and where he will sign not long after 4 p.m. on Saturday even though it won’t become official until the beginning of the new football year March 12.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/03/06/new-team-for-mike-wallace-by-the-weekend/#.UTdlyLyIXzg.twitter

MACH1
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Where do you even find a picture like that?

Anyway, that's amazing.

Googled the name scottcurtis

livingthrudying
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Losing Wallace this year will hurt. However signing him to the money he wants will hurt way more than anything else. If i were him i would sign the biggest contract i can for the most guaranteed money anywhere that i can. With speed being the only real selling point of his skill set he has a very short window of time to cash in. Speed is the first thing to go for any athlete. Some idiotic team like the dolphins will offer him big money and while he will help out for this year and the next you will start to see his speed slip away. Once that happens (unless his hands, routes and fear of being hit get better) he will not even be a average receiver in the NFL. All that and not even counting his Diva attitude!

SteelersCanada
03-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Report: Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace

Posted by Josh Alper

The Dolphins have been expected to be heavy bidders for wide receiver Mike Wallace in free agency for some time and it looks like they’ll have some company from up north.

Jeff Darlington of NFL.com reports that the Vikings are expected to join the Dolphins in the quest to add Wallace to their offense. That’s not surprising news, given the state of the Vikings’ receiving corps with Percy Harvin and the lingering possibility that they won’t wind up having Harvin in the fold when the 2013 season gets underway.

With the Dolphins missing out on several big targets over the last few years, it would be a cruel twist for them to lose out to one of their former general managers. Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman once ran the show in Miami and now he could keep the Dolphins from landing the apple of their eye.

The Vikings might not be the only bidder. Peter King said the Titans could be in the mix for Wallace on Tuesday’s Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network and it wouldn’t make Dolphins fans feel any better if Ruston Webster is the one who winds up landing the big fish. They’ve been the bridesmaid for players (Vincent Jackson, Peyton Manning) and coaches (Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher) often enough that there need be no special salt in the wound for it to sting all over again.

Darlington reports that the team thinks the new three-day negotiating window this year will work to their advantage since it will give them a better sense of the market than they had when the Buccaneers outbid them for Jackson last year. That could wind up working the other way just as easily, though, so we’ll still be waiting to see if the wind blows the Dolphins’ way this time around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/report-vikings-expected-to-battle-dolphins-for-mike-wallace/

-- Aren't you glad you're leaving Pittsburgh, Mike? Man, I hope you have a great time playing for the Vikings, Dolphins or the fucking Titans. I hope the money is worth the 4 - 12 record you're going to have playing for the Titans. Enjoy, Mikey!

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
If Arians was still here, Wallace would stay

Discuss

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 06:27 PM

Discuss

I wonder if it comes down to whether or not we can afford him. I know Ben wants to keep him, and I'm sure Arians would have his back too. I just think his price is going to be too high

kan_t
03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
-- Aren't you glad you're leaving Pittsburgh, Mike? Man, I hope you have a great time playing for the Vikings, Dolphins or the fucking Titans. I hope the money is worth the 4 - 12 record you're going to have playing for the Titans. Enjoy, Mikey!
If Ponder continues to develop, the Vikings is a dangerous team with all the weapons (AP, Harvin, etc.) they have and Allen on the defensive side.

steelfury02
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
If Ponder continues to develop, the Vikings is a dangerous team with all the weapons (AP, Harvin, etc.) they have and Allen on the defensive side.

Ponder couldn't carry a team on his back if his name was Andre the Giant - sorry, team was 10-6 because no one could stop AP this year

steelfury02
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM

Discuss

nothing to - he's not

kan_t
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Ponder couldn't carry a team on his back if his name was Andre the Giant - sorry, team was 10-6 because no one could stop AP this year
Last time I check that AP was still on that team and as I said, IF Ponder continues to develop, the Vikings can be a real threat to every team.

steelfury02
03-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Last time I check that AP was still on that team and as I said, IF Ponder continues to develop, the Vikings can be a real threat to every team.

As long as Aaron Rogers is in the NFC North - I'm not worried about the Vikings

kan_t
03-06-2013, 08:41 PM
As long as Aaron Rogers is in the NFC North - I'm not worried about the Vikings
They don't need to beat the Packers to get in the playoff. And when teams are in the playoff, all bets are off. Not many teams have two discipline OLBs to contain AP and if Ponder plays like an average QB, teams couldn't put 8 men in the box.

Hawaii 5-0
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Looking at free agency

by Dale Lolley

Those who don't think Mike Wallace is going to get a big payday in free agency haven't been very realistic.

At look at any of the free agency rankings done on pretty much any web site will tell you that. Wallace is young and fast and productive. The fact is, Wallace has game-changing speed.

Sports Illustrated did a free agency fantasy draft - a different idea - and Wallace was the top pick. CBS Sportsline's Pete Prisco ranks him as the second-best free agent available.

Steelers cornerback Keenan Lewis will also be in demand.

Lewis went with the 22nd choice in the SI draft. Prisco ranked him 18th and third among available cornerbacks.

That should give you an idea of why the Steelers felt the need to sign William Gay.

Guard Ramon Foster went in the 18th round in the four-team SI draft, making him the third, and last, Steelers player on the list.

Interestingly enough, offensive tackle Max Starks was not selected. The four guys picking were trying to build a team by filling every position available, which means Starks could have been the ninth-best tackle rated by the selectors, but that doesn't mean Starks won't get offers on the free agent market.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS0602

harrison'samonster
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
wow, no mention of Mendenhall?

TRH
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
I've been saying Vikings for months now.
Its known knowledge they're looking for a play-changing, speedy weapon for Ponder. If anything, it will certainly add to a bidding war. Wallace is going to get paid FAR more money than i think most of us here were even imaging.

SteelersCanada
03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Mike Wallace, Rashard Mendenhall lead list of risky free agents

By Adam Schein

1. Mike Wallace

My man Gregg Rosenthal has him ranked as the No. 1 player in free agency. My guy Jeff Darlington reports the Miami Dolphins covet Wallace and could be in a potential bidding war with the Minnesota Vikings for the speedster's services. And both teams certainly are in desperate need of a No. 1 wide receiver.

But I don't think Wallace is the guy. He's too inconsistent and unreliable -- just not worthy of the mega bucks he will receive.

Think about it. The Pittsburgh Steelers, one of the smartest and classiest organizations in sports, are about to let Wallace walk away. They've had enough. That should be a major red flag.

Wallace is all about the money. I don't think he prioritizes winning. He selfishly held out last year, didn't make an extra penny and helped derail the Steelers' season. Wallace wasn't part of the offseason programs and didn't learn new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's playbook. He then had an underachieving season filled with a case of the yips.

The San Francisco 49ers needed a receiver last year. They passed on Wallace, then a restricted free agent, and instead used their first-round pick (what would've been the compensation) on a project receiver who never played. The New England Patriots also needed a wideout. They wouldn't do it.

At times, Wallace can be flat-out majestic, with a knack for taking a short pass to the house or streaking down the sideline for a score. But he wants top dollar, and I wonder aloud if he will take the money and just be too satisfied with his paycheck.

7. Rashard Mendenhall

I'd rather play with 10 men on offense than put Mendenhall at running back. He's been a bust as a player. He was suspended in 2012 for being a bad teammate. Mendenhall can't hold on to the football and can't stay healthy. Otherwise, it has all worked out.

The Steelers will let him go. Another team shouldn't get duped by where he was drafted. You can't bank on this cat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147633/article/mike-wallace-rashard-mendenhall-lead-list-of-risky-free-agents

-- Schein is a huge Tomlin fan and there are times where he talks about the Steelers and sounds like a giddy school girl. Then, there are times when the Steelers seem like they can't do anything right and he spends 20 minutes ripping them apart and most of the time, his points are off base and confusing. I think he's right here though on both counts but more specifically, Wallace.

He was especially hard on Mendenhall and some of it is warranted and some of it isn't. I don't think there's going to be a huge market for him and I think there's a (small) chance he's back here next year at the right price.

Fire Haley
03-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Mike Wallace in, Percy Harvin out for Vikings?

According to multiple reports, the Vikings are one of the lead suitors for free agent wideout Mike Wallace.

While the Vikings and Harvin's agent, Joel Segal, have yet to exchange contract proposals, it's believed that Harvin wants money closer to what Calvin Johnson got from Detroit in 2012 (eight years, $132 million) than to Jackson or Bowe.

That's an average of $16.5 million per year compared to a little more than $11 million for Jackson and Bowe. As one person put it about Harvin, he considers himself a "special" player and executives around the league have fed that attitude by telling people close to him how difficult it is to cover Harvin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--mike-wallace-in--percy-harvin-out-for-vikes--032959743.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

------------------

Wallace says sure, I'll take a measly $12-14M a year

TRH
03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Harvin is the new "T.O." and "Randy Moss" (although he's not even in their category). An extremely annoying, delusional, "all-out-for-me-and-no one-else" guy with an ego the size of a 747.
I really can't stand this guy and will laugh when the Vikinigs let him go (like they should).

A bidding war over Wallace is going to erupt between the Dolphins and Vikings. Look for the Cleveland Browns to at least meet w/the agent and throw in an offer as well.

steelfury02
03-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Harvin is the new "T.O." and "Randy Moss" (although he's not even in their category). An extremely annoying, delusional, "all-out-for-me-and-no one-else" guy with an ego the size of a 747.
I really can't stand this guy and will laugh when the Vikinigs let him go (like they should).

A bidding war over Wallace is going to erupt between the Dolphins and Vikings. Look for the Cleveland Browns to at least meet w/the agent and throw in an offer as well.

lololol bidding war for Mike Wallace - oh the joys of having a shit franchise like the Vikings and Dolphins - can you spell "desperation"?

austinfrench76
03-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Well, the Dolphins are out as they just resigned Hartline. I know Wallace will get paid but I don't think it will be because of a bidding war. The Dolphins just said, if the Vikings want him they can have him. The Vikings will essentially be trading Harvins issues for Wallace's. A guy who self admittedly gets lost mentally sometimes. No thanks if I'm a Vikes fan but I'm sure they'll pay him.

pete74
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Hartline is a good number 2 WR and they didn't overpay him so they still have more then enough money to sign Wallace

cowherpower
03-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Hartline is a good number 2 WR and they didn't overpay him so they still have more then enough money to sign Wallace

Agreed. Hartline contract really makes me question Brown's. We overpaid and we really didn't need to. They are very similar. Brown has him on return skills but Hartline runs great routes and has great hands. Hartline finally gets a half way decent QB and his numbers exploded. Brown has alway had Ben. Essentially they are very close to being same production but Brown is younger by a couple of years. But based on production we overpaid Brown, paying him like a #1b whereas Hartline is making good #2.

I think it was a great signing by Miami and for sure they will be going after Wallace hard. Not sure what that dude was talking about thinking just because they signed Hartline they wouldn't be going after him.

OX1947
03-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Are you really going to spend 20 million on two receivers? Not happening. Then again, it's the Dolphins. Nevermind.

TRH
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Well, the Dolphins are out as they just resigned Hartline. I know Wallace will get paid but I don't think it will be because of a bidding war. The Dolphins just said, if the Vikings want him they can have him. The Vikings will essentially be trading Harvins issues for Wallace's. A guy who self admittedly gets lost mentally sometimes. No thanks if I'm a Vikes fan but I'm sure they'll pay him.

yeah, i don't think it will be so much of a bidding war as it will just be driving Wallace's price up automatically.

These other teams just refuse to look at teams like the Patriots, Steelers, and Packer's and emulate their smart ways. Its mindboggling.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
What was that about the Steeler's "smart ways"????? Man, you are asking for this thread to turn into a ****** sucks thread. lol!!

Fire Haley
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, the Dolphins are out as they just resigned Hartline. .

not really, they have lots of spare cash

The team is still in need of a true number one receiver and signing Hartline doesn't mean they still won't go after Wes Welker, who used to be on the team, or Mike Wallace from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The team has been rumored to be interested in Wallace and there is a good chance he will sign with them.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/11512/20130308/miami-dolphins-free-agent-nfl-rumors-brian-hartline-signs-five.htm

VaDave
03-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Wasn't Welker on the Dolphins originally?

Wally is going to the highest bidder, period. Be it the Dolphins, Vikings, Pats, whoever it is, they better be bringing da check book with the extra wide checks in it for all those zeros.......

teegre
03-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Wasn't Welker on the Dolphins originally?

Welker was a Charger.

Yancey Thigpen was also a Charger.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 03:46 PM
OK, thanks T for the correction. I knew he was with another NFL team before he went to that Pats. For some reason I was thinking it was a south east team..... Oh well, I've been wrong before.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Ah HAH!!!

Welker was drafted by San Diego in 2004 and played one game. He was released and picked up by the Dolphins and played 14 games in 2004 and the entire 2005 and 2006 seasons with the Dolphins before moving on to the Pats.

Futhermore, the little twerp has only missed 4 games in 9 years, one of which was the game played while he was in between gigs with Chargers and Miami, has averaged 116 catches and 1243 yards since he's been in New England. BTW, for all you guys that scoff "Dink and Dunk", he's averaged of 10 yards a reception. That's some pretty solid production.

And Wallace is asking for how much? Heck, they should have never let Welker go in the first place.......

SteelersCanada
03-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Ah HAH!!!

Welker was drafted by San Diego in 2004 and played one game. He was released and picked up by the Dolphins and played 14 games in 2004 and the entire 2005 and 2006 seasons with the Dolphins before moving on to the Pats.

Futhermore, the little twerp has only missed 4 games in 9 years, one of which was the game played while he was in between gigs with Chargers and Miami, has averaged 116 catches and 1243 yards since he's been in New England. BTW, for all you guys that scoff "Dink and Dunk", he's averaged of 10 yards a reception. That's some pretty solid production.

And Wallace is asking for how much? Heck, they should have never let Welker go in the first place.......

Nick Saban let Brees and Welker go.

teegre
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Nick Saban let Brees and Welker go.

Technically, Saban wanted Brees; the GM wanted Culpepper.

That one disagreement is why Saban left. [Note: That's one heck of a disagreement.]

SteelersCanada
03-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Technically, Saban wanted Brees; the GM wanted Culpepper.

That one disagreement is why Saban left. [Note: That's one heck of a disagreement.]

It`s a shame what happened to Daunte. Such talent went right down the drain by the end of his career.

teegre
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
It`s a shame what happened to Daunte. Such talent went right down the drain by the end of his career.

Boats & hos will do that to a person.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Boats & hos will do that to a person.

Isn't that a quote out of the scotcurtis memorable lines handbook???

pczach
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Isn't that a quote out of the scotcurtis memorable lines handbook???

He probably wouldn't be that eloquent.:toofunny:

steeltheone
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Agreed. Hartline contract really makes me question Brown's. We overpaid and we really didn't need to. They are very similar. Brown has him on return skills but Hartline runs great routes and has great hands. Hartline finally gets a half way decent QB and his numbers exploded. Brown has alway had Ben. Essentially they are very close to being same production but Brown is younger by a couple of years. But based on production we overpaid Brown, paying him like a #1b whereas Hartline is making good #2.

I think it was a great signing by Miami and for sure they will be going after Wallace hard. Not sure what that dude was talking about thinking just because they signed Hartline they wouldn't be going after him.

I questioned Brown's money from day one. This is the year we will see if he was worth it.

harrison'samonster
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
I questioned Brown's money from day one. This is the year we will see if he was worth it.

very true, now that Wallace will be gone though I'm thinking Brown will step up

pczach
03-09-2013, 07:10 AM

You might be pleasantly surprised.