PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds that taeo falls to us in the second?

RuHappy69
02-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Could happen.

SteelersCanada
02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
I'd say under 5% but you're right, it could happen. I still think the Lions in the second makes a ton of sense.

pancake
02-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I'd say under 5% but you're right, it could happen. I still think the Lions in the second makes a ton of sense.

I agree, but would be very interested in him in round 2...

PhantomJB93
02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
The Ratbirds will take him at 32 in an absolute worst case scenario for him. If we don't pick him (and I don't think it's out of the question that we do) he'll probably go somewhere in the 20's.

TRH
02-25-2013, 10:20 PM
i watched a TON of discussion on this today - from just about everybody - and the prevailing word is that he'll still almost surely end up a 1st-round pick somewhere - even with a less than stellar combine showing.
His natural football playmaking instincts are still very desirable and teams such as the Lions, Jets and some others (including the Raven's) actually want the "national media attention" he will bring.

He'll go somewhere in the 1st round.

Hawaii 5-0
02-25-2013, 11:04 PM
http://americaexplained.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/hell-freezes-over.jpg

wwhickok
02-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Right now...honestly...about 60%.

I expect Te'o to be in for a hard fall. There is juet too many questions about him. I woulsn't be surprised to see him go in the early third round. I don't think Pittsburgh will draft him regardless.

steelax04
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Apparently, his 40 time was .06 of a second slower than some scouts wanted... so he'll probably go undrafted now. :doh:

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but does a 4.65 vs 4.71 really make that much difference? 4.65 vs. 5 I can see... but damn, .06 of a second?

teegre
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Apparently, his 40 time was .06 of a second slower than some scouts wanted... so he'll probably go undrafted now. :doh:

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but does a 4.65 vs 4.71 really make that much difference? 4.65 vs. 5 I can see... but damn, .06 of a second?

It mattered to me.
Sincerely,
Mike Mamula

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-26-2013, 11:42 AM

Have you watched Larry Foote trying to cover tight ends? Speed matters for an ILB in our scheme.

casteeler
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Te'o looked awful in the Nat Champ game, I realize its only one game but Bama's talent is a better example of NFL calibre talent and ultimately what a team can expect from Te'o. He over ran plays and missed several tackles that should have been routine for a starting LB.

Hawaii 5-0
02-26-2013, 12:41 PM

Manti Te'o actually ran a 4.81, which means that he will be slower than a lot of the TEs and RBs he will be asked to cover in the NFL.

FrancoLambert
02-26-2013, 06:04 PM
He's slower than expected.

He's not that big and strong. He can be handled 1-1 in the NFL. Alabama did it.

I'm not so sure I'd want him.

wwhickok
02-26-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure that Te'o has to be handled at all and that's the real issue. I agree with what Mark May said, no one should touch him in the 1st round. He may very well be a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick. I really don't want him to be a Steeler, he has bust written all over him. I was initially high on this guy... now..the idea of drafting him makes me nautious.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-26-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure that Te'o has to be handled at all and that's the real issue. I agree with what Mark May said, no one should touch him in the 1st round. He may very well be a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick. I really don't want him to be a Steeler, he has bust written all over him. I was initially high on this guy... now..the idea of drafting him makes me nautious.

Bust written all over? Based on the combine????

Looked good in drills and linebackers are supposed to run 4.6-4.8 and the difference between a 4.6 and 4.8 is fractions of a second not a big difference and frankly his instincts will make up for those fractions of a second.

He had a bad game against bama...soooo....who didn't they dominated everyone. So what most of you people say you wouldn't wan him cause he looked bad against bama I'm guessing you don't want a lot of highly ranked defensive players then.

I want this guy not in first rather have vaccaro but in 2nd I'd take him in a heart beat. His leadership on the field instincts and heart is what we need. Will have a very similar career to farrior IMO.

I love how fans even scouts leading up to the combine say ohhhhhh you can't pay attention to numbers, take the combine lightly but when all is said and done every blows it out of proportion.

TheVet
02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Instead of Te'o, can't we just draft one of those Bama OL guys who spent an evening blowing his doors off? They can't all be in jail, right?

wwhickok
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Bust written all over? Based on the combine????

Looked good in drills and linebackers are supposed to run 4.6-4.8 and the difference between a 4.6 and 4.8 is fractions of a second not a big difference and frankly his instincts will make up for those fractions of a second.

He had a bad game against bama...soooo....who didn't they dominated everyone. So what most of you people say you wouldn't wan him cause he looked bad against bama I'm guessing you don't want a lot of highly ranked defensive players then.

I want this guy not in first rather have vaccaro but in 2nd I'd take him in a heart beat. His leadership on the field instincts and heart is what we need. Will have a very similar career to farrior IMO.

I love how fans even scouts leading up to the combine say ohhhhhh you can't pay attention to numbers, take the combine lightly but when all is said and done every blows it out of proportion.

Its actually not because of the combine, not entirely. I don't believe he is a good fit to play next to Timmons first of all. And I really dont think he is as good as some thin he is. He always seems to have an excuse for why he didnt perform well. Not being prepared seems to be a theme for him.

And 4.8 is still a slow LB time.

wwhickok
02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Btw, Im not saying Te'o doeant have potential, I couod end up being completely wrong about him. I was originally very high on him and felt like some people still do, that he is a good leader who "had one bad game". Now..im not so.sure.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-26-2013, 10:29 PM
I would be surprised if he fell to the Steelers in the first round, let alone the second. If he does though, I bet the Steelers will take him. They almost always select the best player available.

Justp94
02-27-2013, 12:12 AM
After that atrocious Combine performance his stock dropped drastically... and if his numbers don't improve on his Pro Day, he's 2nd round bound, no doubt. I don't think he'll make it to the second half of the Second Round though.

wwhickok
02-27-2013, 06:52 AM
He is NOT going to be drafted in the top 20 with all the doubt hanging over him right now. Id be friggin shocked if he was. Running a 4.6 and drastically improving his other drills at his Pro Day coupd soar his stock back up though.

tony hipchest
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
the steelers should tell teo that they are going to draft him and at the last minute tell him there was an earthquake and that pittsburgh fell into the ocean.

i bet he would believe it...

kan_t
02-27-2013, 10:52 AM
He may fall to second round. But he will probably be picked before the Steelers' turn.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2013, 11:16 AM
He may fall to second round. But he will probably be picked before the Steelers' turn.

I sure hope so. I dont want the fanboy circus around here for a guy that was good in college, but overhyped. He is the ILB version of Tebow IMO.

Hawaii 5-0
02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
I sure hope so. I dont want the fanboy circus around here for a guy that was good in college, but overhyped. He is the ILB version of Tebow IMO.

that's actually a very good and accurate analogy...:drink:

steelfury02
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
the circus alone is the main reason why I wouldn't go with him- with all the probs they had this season - why on earth would you want a rookie to bring that kind of attention?

BKAnthem
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I would be surprised if he fell to the Steelers in the first round, let alone the second. If he does though, I bet the Steelers will take him. They almost always select the best player available.

But would he be?

Bane
02-27-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking the Ravens are going to name Te'o.

On one hand, I want the player he was in college (you can't bank an entire career on one game- besides, Alabama vs. Notre Dame was men vs. boys, cut the guy some slack). On the other hand, I don't want the circus, and I think Spence, provided he has recovered by then, will be pretty good.

I don't know, I just feel like there are far greater things the Steelers can with with their first pick this year than take an ILB. I'm all for getting one later on, but the Steelers' first round selection this year seems to be pretty crucial.

Fire Arians
02-27-2013, 11:56 PM
foote could prolly burn him in a race and some people think he's too slow

kan_t
02-28-2013, 02:57 AM
The problem about Foote is not his speed in a foot race. His main problem is his play recognition and first reaction.

wwhickok
02-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Mel Kiper on NFL Live named just two specific teams he thought Te'o might go to and still called him a 1stpretty round pick. Those teams? #17 to Pittsburgh or #32 to Baltimore. I could see him going to Baltimore. He is NOT going #17 overall. He wont be the BPA at that point and if foote does come back you cant even say ILB is really a need.

Bane
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
If Kiper says it, then it's probably not happening.

:chuckle:

wwhickok
02-28-2013, 11:29 AM
If Kiper says it, then it's probably not happening.

:chuckle:

This!

ebsteelers
02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
terrell suggs ran a 4.84
rice ran a 4.7..

40 time most overrated thing in the world....

look we got demarcus van dyke one of the fastest 40s in combine history.
hows that working out for him
justn king?

and mark may is the biggest nd hater on air...
he would tell you to not draft Teo at all.

if Teo managed to be there in round 2 he would defintely be worth grabbing..

round 1 not so much

i do think we have more pressing needs at olb, safety but,
hard to pass up a guy who was top 10 talent on january 1 and now we would be able to get in round 2.

then again i still doubt he would be there in round 2

austinfrench76
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Now I saw on PFT that his sexuality is being brought up??? I know it doesn't matter but he is turning into a circus ala Tebow only for very different reasons. I think we steer clear of him. That's my vote, since ya know, the Steelers asked!!

steeltheone
02-28-2013, 08:42 PM
The problem about Foote is not his speed in a foot race. His main problem is his play recognition and first reaction.

Foote has been and will always be an average reliable player. Great team guy and good role model. Not everyone is an stud. Players like Foote are VERY important to any team.

kan_t
02-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Foote has been and will always be an average reliable player. Great team guy and good role model. Not everyone is an stud. Players like Foote are VERY important to any team.
He's a great team guy and good role model. In the past he's an average ILB, not now turning 33. I wouldn't mind if he's the backup. Just don't want to see him as a starter.

Hawaii 5-0
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Mock Draft Digest: The steady rise of Manti Te'o

By Evan Hilbert | CBSSports.com
April 15, 2013

The Manti Te'o downward spiral is certainly well-known, but it deserves revisiting given recent events. Te'o, once a first-round lock, tumbled after a hoax involving his deceased "girlfriend" was revealed and, later, his uninspiring play against Alabama in the BCS National Championship Game.

Lately, however, Te'o has been a steady climber on draft boards. So much so, in fact, that the majority of pundits have him going in the first round, despite concerns about his speed. Still, four out of the five draft analysts -- NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks, ESPN's Todd McShay, SBNation.com's Matthew Fairburn, and CBSSports.com's draft insider Rob Rang -- reviewed this week have Te'o being selected in the first round.

The question now becomes: Who takes Te'o? The Notre Dame linebacker reportedly met last week with both the Dolphins and Giants, but Te'o going to the Vikings at 23 (or 25) seems to be the consensus. Three of the four pundits who have Te'o going in the first 32 picks have him ending up with the Vikings, with McShay putting him 32nd with the Ravens -- despite his colleague's suggestion that there would be "no way" Te'o falls to Baltimore.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22077565/mock-draft-digest-the-steady-rise-of-manti-teo

TheVet
04-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Please, no Te'o, please. We can't afford another swing and miss at LB.

bornaSteelersfan
04-17-2013, 05:22 AM
I have him going to The Bears at pick #20. Now that Urlacher is gone, they will need someone in that position to be a leader and call the plays. Te'o fits very well. The Steelers won't take him.

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 05:55 AM
He is NOT going to be drafted in the top 20 with all the doubt hanging over him right now. Id be friggin shocked if he was. Running a 4.6 and drastically improving his other drills at his Pro Day coupd soar his stock back up though.

I would be shocked if you could make a complete paragraph without spelling mistakes.

As far a Manti, seeing a friend in the BG would be awesome. We'll see though. And the entire ND defense was having problems with Bama.

harrison'samonster
04-17-2013, 06:34 AM
I would be shocked if you could make a complete paragraph without spelling mistakes.

As far a Manti, seeing a friend in the BG would be awesome. We'll see though. And the entire ND defense was having problems with Bama.

you want to blast somebody for spelling, and then your next phrase is "As far a Manti" ??

:noidea:

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 06:50 AM
How is that a spelling error?

teegre
04-17-2013, 08:36 AM
How is that a spelling error?

Uh... really? You don't see how that is the pot calling the kettle black?

You wrote: "As far a Manti..." Maybe you meant to write: "As far as Manti..." Or, maybe you meant to write: "As for Manti..."

Actually, I don't know what you intended to write, but what you did write makes NO sense.

Regardless, enjoy throwing rocks from the balcony of your glass house.

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 08:56 AM
I know what I said.

It's still not a spelling error though...is it?

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
you want to blast somebody for spelling, and then your next phrase is "As far a Manti" ??

:noidea:

:rofl: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-10DnbjwF6kk/UOq1KKtCUJI/AAAAAAAAbLQ/erzgWaycQ64/s1600/MidvaleSchoolForTheGifted.jpg&imgrefurl=http://byanyothernerd.blogspot.com/2013/01/school-education-convenient-but-not.html&h=229&w=263&sz=21&tbnid=gOStCm-A6qepyM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=105&zoom=1&usg=__qYfS_6DcUO7hAw5N295Dj_CIcKU=&docid=Fe-_-sDRAQxqyM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=m6FuUb6xC4i-9QSAqYDoCg&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQ9QEwAQ&dur=6881

wwhickok
04-17-2013, 09:51 AM
I originally said 60%. And at that time I this k there was some legit argument to it. Now, I think its about 1%

teegre
04-17-2013, 10:02 AM
I know what I said.

I once heard a story of an elderly woman, who wrote a letter to her grandson's school's board of education, lambasting her grandson's teacher for the teacher's "mispelled" words & poor "grammer."

Yes, that's how elderly woman spelled (or, misspelled) those words.

Get it?

steelfury02
04-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Te'o looked awful in the Nat Champ game, I realize its only one game but Bama's talent is a better example of NFL calibre talent and ultimately what a team can expect from Te'o. He over ran plays and missed several tackles that should have been routine for a starting LB.

I agree to an extent - his flaws finally showed - he is def worthy of an NFL roster though and has huge upside and leadership potential / intangibles - he is the type of player that could be coached up to being a solid starter IMO.

The LB will get overexposed when your CBs get duped and out physicaled by the receiver, and your D-line gets blown off the ball - that leaves more people in open space than anyone is comfortable with. He would benefit from CBs playing physical and tight, bumping WRs off their route from the snap, and a top 5 pass rush.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
I once heard a story of an elderly woman, who wrote a letter to her grandson's school's board of education, lambasting her grandson's teacher for the teacher's "mispelled" words & poor "grammer."

Get it?

To paraphrase Marge Simpson ..."Homer, you are so learn-ed".. Homer replied. "Marge, its pronounced learned."

Tell me somebody out there saw that one. :toofunny:

Vis
04-17-2013, 10:51 AM

You're brainier than Kurt Cobain's garage wall.

SteelersCanada
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I know what I said.

If you're going to call others on being stupid, make sure in the next sentence you don't fuck up on what you just called someone else on.

Te'o won't be there in the second round.

teegre
04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
To paraphrase Marge Simpson ..."Homer, you are so learn-ed".. Homer replied. "Marge, its pronounced learned."

That was indeed a great one. As I've said to my friends & family: "There is a Simpsons quote for any & all occasions."

(Note: harrisonsamonster knows EVERY Simpsons quote that there is. It his super-power... and I'm jealous.)

MANTI:
I have this feeling in the back of my head that keeps telling me that Te'o is going to be the pick at 17. :doh:

The voice keeps saying that there are not many ILBs in this draft (after Brown & Minter, both of whom would be better value picks)... and that voice keeps telling me that Vaccaro & everyone else that Steelers fans want will be gone... and thus, the voice keeps saying that Te'o will be the pick. UGH.

If he's there in R2, he is a great value. I think that the Alabama game showed that while he makes splash plays, he also does not tackle nor shed blockers as well as an ILB should. Thus, he's not a top-20 player. BUT, he is still better than Foote... so, I could see him being a great R2 pick (although, I seeeriously doubt that he gets out of R1)

desertsteel
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I know I'm in the minority but we all may be kicking ourselves when Teo is a perennial Pro Bowler for the Ratbirds for the next 10 years.

Let's get the facts out there:

One bad game.
Ran a 4.8 at combine but has since ran a 4.7
Got hoaxed by a fake girlfriend

I'm pretty sure that his body of work for 4 years is greater than the above.

harrison'samonster
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM

HAHAH that's from the episode that Bart gets a "Big Brother". And Homer then goes and gets a Little Brother for revenge. I think it's Homer's "little brother" that tells him he's so learn-ed, right after Homer's telling him the constellations.

"See that big one right there? That's Jerry the Cowboy. And that one just to the right that looks like a big dipper? That's Alan....The Cowboy."

Bart's big brother is voiced by Phil Hartman. That episode is awesome. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again.

teegre
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
HAHAH that's from the episode that Bart gets a "Big Brother". And Homer then goes and gets a Little Brother for revenge. I think it's Homer's "little brother" that tells him he's so learn-ed, right after Homer's telling him the constellations.

"See that big one right there? That's Jerry the Cowboy. And that one just to the right that looks like a big dipper? That's Alan....The Cowboy."

Bart's big brother is voiced by Phil Hartman. That episode is awesome. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again.

Oh yeah... awesome episode.

The kid's name was Pepe, but I recall Homer calling him Pepsi. And, some sort of confrontation at a Sea World type of theme park.

fer522
04-17-2013, 03:09 PM
And with the 17th pick the Steelers select...... Homer Simpson!!!

teegre
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM

Dude... I'd buy that jersey ina heartbeat. Actually, that's a really good idea for a jersey (regardless of whether he's drafted or not).

"Simpson" on the back... but, what number?

Right after the draft, my dad & I joked about buying a #76 jersey with "WEED" written on the back (in honor of Mike Adams)... but, this is even better.

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Let's get the facts out there:

One bad game.

two bad games, Te'o also played very poorly against Pitt.

Vis
04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
And he's not quick. And he always goes for the fake.

desertsteel
04-17-2013, 04:06 PM
two bad games, Te'o also played very poorly against Pitt.

How many did Foote have last year?

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 04:11 PM
How many did Foote have last year?

would Larry Foote have played as poorly as Te'o did against Pitt and Alabama?

pczach
04-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Dude... I'd buy that jersey ina heartbeat. Actually, that's a really good idea for a jersey (regardless of whether he's drafted or not).

"Simpson" on the back... but, what number?

Right after the draft, my dad & I joked about buying a #76 jersey with "WEED" written on the back (in honor of Mike Adams)... but, this is even better.

Double Zero, or course. :alcoholic

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 04:56 PM

Get it?

I don't remember saying anything regarding bad grammar. You still called it a spelling mistake which it's not.

Get it? Bro.

FrancoLambert
04-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Doehh.......:doh:

Buddha Bus
04-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't remember saying anything regarding bad grammar. You still called it a spelling mistake which it's not.

Get it? Bro.

OK... so you spelled "a" right. That deserves a whole jar of cookies right there.

The problem is that "a" is not being used properly in the sentence and your phrase makes no sense. At least we knew what Wwhickok was trying to communicate whereas your nonsensical usage of words makes my brain bleed.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl19pCpcpsyCP_w5-YQ3iG_ctaOh-rAIbWxfri67rLB2T4HCm_Ow

P.S.- Hand over those cookies, dummy.

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 05:21 PM
OK... so you spelled "a" right. That deserves a whole jar of cookies right there.

The problem is that "a" is not being used properly in the sentence and your phrase makes no sense. At least we knew what Wwhickok was trying to communicate whereas your nonsensical usage of words makes my brain bleed.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl19pCpcpsyCP_w5-YQ3iG_ctaOh-rAIbWxfri67rLB2T4HCm_Ow

P.S.- Hand over those cookies, dummy.

If your brain is bleeding maybe you should go see a doctor. It's still not a spelling error. It's a grammar error..
Almost, dummy.

teegre
04-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Get it? Bro.

1) You wrote: "As far a Manti..."

Maybe you meant to write "As far as Manti...", in which case, that would be a SPELLING mistake ("as" spelled "a").

Or, maybe you meant to write: "As for Manti...", in which case, that would be a SPELLING mistake ("for" spelled "far").

So, yes, it was indeed a spelling mistake.

2) The point of the grammar story is that sometimes people point out that other people are doing dumb shit, when in reality, these finger-pointers should be quiet, because they themselves are saying shit that is equally as dumb.

3) Keep throwing those stones at that black kettle, while simultaneously burying your head in the sand (about being caught for throwing those stones).

teegre
04-17-2013, 05:49 PM
It's a grammar error.

Yes... now you get it. It was a dumb grammar mistake. Bravo!!! You now understand why your post was dumb. This is real growth on your part.

Whew!!! Doesn't (finally) admitting that you said something totally dumb, make you feel so much better?

Now, we we can get back to discussing Te'o.

cowherpower
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
would Larry Foote have played as poorly as Te'o did against Pitt and Alabama?

Foote has the advantage of being coached and trained by professionals with world class facilities. He also plays with NFL teammates. Teo was a man amongst boys. His performance against Alabama wasn't great but linemen were getting to the next level which he rarely saw and I think it affected his psyche a little. Not many LB including Ray Lewis are great at shedding 300lb linemen. I think if there was a way we could trade back a little and take him we as fans would not regret it. I think he would train and improve and be a force in black and gold. I wouldn't take him at 17 but we could really use a fixture at ILB for the next 10 years...and getting him now so he could work under Foote for a season and get up to speed would be ideal rather than throw him to the wolves as a day one starter. Not because he can't handle it play wise, but because of the crazy media attention it will invite. By next season that may die down. I just can picture him in a Steelers uni and have a sinking feeling he will sign w/a team in our division and will alway wish we could have gotten him.

teegre
04-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Foote has the advantage of being coached and trained by professionals with world class facilities. He also plays with NFL teammates. Teo was a man amongst boys. His performance against Alabama wasn't great but linemen were getting to the next level which he rarely saw and I think it affected his psyche a little. Not many LB including Ray Lewis are great at shedding 300lb linemen. I think if there was a way we could trade back a little and take him we as fans would not regret it. I think he would train and improve and be a force in black and gold. I wouldn't take him at 17 but we could really use a fixture at ILB for the next 10 years...and getting him now so he could work under Foote for a season and get up to speed would be ideal rather than throw him to the wolves as a day one starter. Not because he can't handle it play wise, but because of the crazy media attention it will invite. By next season that may die down. I just can picture him in a Steelers uni and have a sinking feeling he will sign w/a team in our division and will alway wish we could have gotten him.

I also think that his psyche was all jacked up, because he had JUST found out that the whole "girlfriend" thing was a fraud.

Imagine that you find out that you had just gotten scammed... and that very soon, EVERYONE is going to find out. That would mess up anyone's psyche... let alone a twenty-something.

As far as him not "telling anyone" about the scam... why would he? It would be embarrassing... and thus, he was probably hoping no one would find out. So, keeping all of that info all to himself (not being able to vent) probably disrupted his psyche even more.

I think he's getting "overly" lambasted for the championship game (where he did play like crud), when other factors could have played a part in why he performed so poorly. But, he did play poorly... and this girlfriend thing is always going to be in the back of his head.

He is not Mike Singletary... but, he's also not Huey Richardson. In other words, not at 17... but, later on, yes.

BKAnthem
04-17-2013, 06:57 PM
I would rather have Kevin Minter

teegre
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM

Minter at 17?

I am thinking that Arthur Brown could realistically be the pick at 17.

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM

in Round 2 maybe...

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Yes... now you get it. It was a dumb grammar mistake. Bravo!!! You now understand why your post was dumb. This is real growth on your part.

Whew!!! Doesn't (finally) admitting that you said something totally dumb, make you feel so much better?

Now, we we can get back to discussing Te'o.

I called that person out because for three post in a row they had words spelled wrong. Never said anything about their grammar.
Strop trying so hard tough guy.

And I still did not spell anything wrong in that original post.

harrison'samonster
04-17-2013, 08:17 PM
And still no words were wrong. I called that person out because for three post in a row they had words spelled wrong. Never said anything about their grammar.

:rofl: eye hav know weards, onlee lafter.

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I called that person out because for three post in a row they had words spelled wrong.

the word post should actually be plural since you said there were three of them:

"I called that person out because for three posts in a row they had words spelled wrong."

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002672293/1359613086_grammar_police_xlarge.png

SteelersCanada
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I called that person out because for three post in a row they had words spelled wrong. Never said anything about their grammar.

Can we just get rid of this clown?

http://www.responsegif.com/images/ari-gold-gtfo.gif

teegre
04-17-2013, 08:38 PM

Again, the point is that sometimes people point out that other people are doing dumb shit, when in reality, these finger-pointers should be quiet, because they themselves are saying shit that is equally as dumb.

Think of it this way:
You are pointing & laughing at someone who peed on themselves... while you have olive-green, rancid diarrhea dripping down your leg. Then, when people point out how much of an ass you look like, your only retort is: "I didn't pee on myself!!! I didn't pee on myself!!! I didn't pee on myself!!!"

Uh... okay.

So, no, you didn't pee on yourself (misspell a word); instead, you shit yourself (used horrible grammar).

Continue to point out the misspellings that wwchickok made... and we'll all continue to point out your shit-laden drawers.

teegre
04-17-2013, 08:39 PM

Oh... and, please, define the word "strop."

pczach
04-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Nobody likes admitting they're wrong. The problem is that everyone already knows that person is wrong, but they still refuse to admit the mistake for any number of reasons including embarrassment. It only makes you look silly, and immature. If you're going to criticize someone or try to belittle them, you better be damn near perfect yourself. There's been enough of that going on lately. Just treat others the way you would want to be treated yourself.

Finger pointers never like the finger pointed back at them. :finger:

That is all.....

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 08:41 PM

http://www.classicshaving.com/i/Article%20Images/TopofStrop1.jpg

SteelersCanada
04-17-2013, 08:46 PM

strop
/sträp/

Noun
A device, typically a strip of leather, for sharpening straight razors.

Verb
Sharpen on or with a strop.

Synonyms
noun. strap
verb. sharpen

Clearly, he wants you to make sure all of your razors are sharp. What a nice guy, looking out for you and everything.

BKAnthem
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM
in Round 2 maybe...

Sorry...that's what i meant...wherever Teo fell I would rather have minter in that spot

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Sorry...that's what i meant...wherever Teo fell I would rather have minter in that spot

great minds obviously think alike then...:drink:

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Again, the point is that sometimes people point out that other people are doing dumb shit, when in reality, these finger-pointers should be quiet, because they themselves are saying shit that is equally as dumb.

Think of it this way:
You are pointing & laughing at someone who peed on themselves... while you have olive-green, rancid diarrhea dripping down your leg. Then, when people point out how much of an ass you look like, your only retort is: "I didn't pee on myself!!! I didn't pee on myself!!! I didn't pee on myself!!!"

Uh... okay.

So, no, you didn't pee on yourself (misspell a word); instead, you shit yourself (used horrible grammar).

Continue to point out the misspellings that wwchickok made... and we'll all continue to point out your shit-laden drawers.

Cool. But are you not capable of understanding that I never questioned his grammar? You're trying to hard to defend him.

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM

That would be a spelling mistake on my part.
uhh durrr

teegre
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Cool. But are you not capable of understanding that I never questioned his grammar? You're trying to hard to defend him.

Seriously? Are you kidding me? You're making this too easy. This is a joke, right???

"to" instead of "too"

You're making all of these mistakes on purpose, right?

Really though, once again, we are questioning YOUR intelligence. No, you didn't misspell a word; instead, you used horrible grammar... and we are all pointing & laughing at you.

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 10:35 PM
lol never mind.
Is to bad grammer or bad spelling? I think it's grammar. Never questioned his grammar only spelling.
Ohh no!!! people on the internet making fun of me!
You should quit sucking that guys dick so much and learn to mind your own business.

teegre
04-17-2013, 10:39 PM
strop
/sträp/

Noun
A device, typically a strip of leather, for sharpening straight razors.

Verb
Sharpen on or with a strop.

Synonyms
noun. strap
verb. sharpen

Clearly, he wants you to make sure all of your razors are sharp. What a nice guy, looking out for you and everything.

That is awesome!!! btw: I looked "strop" up on Urban Dictionary, and it said:

strop (v) to point at the mistakes that others make, when one is guilty of just as stupid mistakes

Nobody likes admitting they're wrong. The problem is that everyone already knows that person is wrong, but they still refuse to admit the mistake for any number of reasons including embarrassment. It only makes you look silly, and immature. If you're going to criticize someone or try to belittle them, you better be damn near perfect yourself. There's been enough of that going on lately. Just treat others the way you would want to be treated yourself.

Finger pointers never like the finger pointed back at them. :finger:

That is all.....

You nailed it. Recently, people visit this site, post an idea, and when others don't agree with them, the original poster starts in with personal attacks, uses racist & misogynistic insults, pointing out misspellings, et cetera. THEN, the worst part is that the original poster cries foul... or, worse, threatens to rape one of us.

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
That is awesome!!! btw: I looked "strop" up on Urban Dictionary, and it said:

strop (v) to point at the mistakes that others make, when one is guilty of just as stupid mistakes

You nailed it. Recently, people visit this site, post an idea, and when others don't agree with them, the original poster starts in with personal attacks, uses racist & misogynistic insults, pointing out misspellings, et cetera. THEN, the worst part is that the original poster cries foul... or, worse, threatens to rape one of us.

Lol fool I been here longer then you..please stop. I just don't camp on this site.

teegre
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Lol fool I been here longer then you..please stop. I just don't camp on this site.

Then you should know better than to come on here & start pointing at other people's mistakes.

You started it... and I made one post defending wwchickok. But, you kept at it... and at it... and at it. So, we are all merely finishing it. We can stop any time that you want to stop bringing it back up.

As I said twenty posts ago, lets get back to discussing Te'o.

Minter versus Te'o in R2. Now... hmmm... I gotta say Te'o.

Your thoughts...

BlockMonsta
04-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Then you should know better than to come on here & start pointing at other people's mistakes.

You started it... and I made one post defending wwchickok. But, you kept at it... and at it... and at it. So, we are all merely finishing it. We can stop any time that you want to stop bringing it back up.

As I said twenty posts ago, lets get back to discussing Te'o.

Minter versus Te'o in R2. Now... hmmm... I gotta say Te'o.

Your thoughts...

Fair enough.

Te'o, he has never been that quick even in HS but he can read. And like I said before seeing a friend in the BG would be awesome..but there is a lot of talent in the draft..and we need it.

teegre
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Fair enough.

Te'o, he has never been that quick even in HS but he can read. And like I said before seeing a friend in the BG would be awesome..but there is a lot of talent in the draft..and we need it.

I think we all agree: he's the pick if he's there at 48.

Now, how high up would you draft Te'o? I don't think at 17 (although, I have this nagging suspicion that he might just be that pick).

Hawaii 5-0
04-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Lol fool I been here longer then you.

actually, it's "than" and not "then":

"Lol fool I been here longer than you."

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Bric123/GrammarPolice.jpg

Bane
04-18-2013, 03:22 AM

May, 2009, not even 200 posts. Offers little insight, ability to spell, or form a proper, coherent sentence.

-OR-

May, 2012, coming up on 2,700 posts. Valuable poster who regularly offers good discussion, new topics, and different points of view. Oh, and we can't forget the countless posts containing Matt Elam pr0n.

You lose.

TheVet
04-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Also, "Mosta" is spelled "Monster."

Buddha Bus
04-18-2013, 04:43 AM
If your brain is bleeding maybe you should go see a doctor. It's still not a spelling error. It's a grammar error..
Almost, dummy.

Ewe am is incredulous ignoramus truly.

There! Spelled every one right!

I is smart!

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/7/7d/Retard.gif

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 06:01 AM
May, 2009, not even 200 posts. Offers little insight, ability to spell, or form a proper, coherent sentence.

-OR-

May, 2012, coming up on 2,700 posts. Valuable poster who regularly offers good discussion, new topics, and different points of view. Oh, and we can't forget the countless posts containing Matt Elam pr0n.

You lose.

I lose? No looks like I have a life outside of posting on an internet forum.

You lose.

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 06:05 AM
I think we all agree: he's the pick if he's there at 48.

Now, how high up would you draft Te'o? I don't think at 17 (although, I have this nagging suspicion that he might just be that pick).

No way I see him falling to 48, let alone out of the first. I just don't feel that a bad game and GF hoax results in a drop out of the first round. Could be wrong, I would like to see us grab him but we have other needs. We'll see.

Vis
04-18-2013, 06:34 AM
I don't agree. Who else will be there at 48? Someone with speed and better big game showings, I bet.

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 06:40 AM
So you think one game overshadows four years of top play? Ray Lewis ran what a 4.6? Manti ran a 4.7...same thing. Game speed is different then straight line speed.

Vis
04-18-2013, 06:48 AM
So you think one game overshadows four years of top play? Ray Lewis ran what a 4.6? Manti ran a 4.7...same thing. Game speed is different then straight line speed.

More than one game. And it's more likely Margus Hunt falls to us in the 2nd than Te'o and Hunt is the better fit.

teegre
04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't agree. Who else will be there at 48? Someone with speed and better big game showings, I bet.

At 48, you really wouldn't take him???

I mentioned, in an earlier post, about how Te'o had just found out about the hoax, right before he played in that game... and that that might have been the reason for his poor performance.

Yes, the dude seems to have trouble with disengaging from blockers, as well as poor tackling (doesn't seem to wrap up as well as one would prefer)... but, he has a penchant for the splash play, as well as being a leader.

As long as he doesn't join eharmony, he would be a very good pick at 48.

Vis
04-18-2013, 09:10 AM
At 48, you really wouldn't take him???

I mentioned, in an earlier post, about how Te'o had just found out about the hoax, right before he played in that game... and that that might have been the reason for his poor performance.

Yes, the dude seems to have trouble with disengaging from blockers, as well as poor tackling (doesn't seem to wrap up as well as one would prefer)... but, he has a penchant for the splash play, as well as being a leader.

As long as he doesn't join eharmony, he would be a very good pick at 48.

Right, who cares if he gets run over or faked out of his socks for 4 quarters as long as he has a highlight on sportscenter at some point.

teegre
04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Right, who cares if he gets run over or faked out of his socks for 4 quarters as long as he has a highlight on sportscenter at some point.

That I get (the fascination with the dunk, but not the fundamentals)... but, Te'o isn't a horrible player. True: he's not Patrick Willis... or, even Lawrence Timmons. He is more like James Laurinaitis: solid, but limited. Ergo, I'd take him at 48.

Bane
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I lose? No looks like I have a life outside of posting on an internet forum.

You lose.

You lose, because you clearly don't, or else that wouldn't be the first thing you jumped at in your own defense despite the fact that not a single person said you didn't have a life. I just said you lost.

Because you did.

Bane
04-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Notre Dame were boys playing against men. That entire team hadn't had the type of training Alabama had. It wasn't just Te'o. Here, Te'o would be surrounded by good players, where he could learn and have them as cushions in case he made a mistake.

I'm not an expert on college players by any means- hell, I rarely even watch NCAA football. But it's not hard to grasp the fact that you can't judge a college player by one game, especially when it's a game in which he and his team went up against a team that was talked about as "NFL caliber" all year.

Vis
04-18-2013, 01:55 PM
That I get (the fascination with the dunk, but not the fundamentals)... but, Te'o isn't a horrible player. True: he's not Patrick Willis... or, even Lawrence Timmons. He is more like James Laurinaitis: solid, but limited. Ergo, I'd take him at 48.

Different schools of thought but in the 2nd round I'd rather go for a guy with more potential even if there's a risk and save the 4th round and back for drafting players with known limitation making them spot players. I do recognize that this is at odds with my prediction that he will be picked long before 48th but I'll think whomever picks him is making a mistake.

(when he's rookie of the year I'll take the mocking)

SteelersCanada
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM

Manti Te'o got worked against Alabama. Worked. As in, bent over. He couldn't shed blocks and he looked like a liability in the run game. No one is judging him based off of his 40 time as that would be idiotic, but there are better ILBs in this draft. I'd rather have Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown, regardless of what number we pick.

If Minter and Te'o are on the board at 48 I'd take Minter every time.

Fire Arians
04-18-2013, 04:07 PM
i think taeo will go undrafted, but teo might go in the 1st round

teegre
04-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Vis... SteelCanada,

What I am hearing is that if there was an ILB available, and no matter what round, your "order" would be: Brown, Minter, & then Te'o.

Hmmm... I guess that I'd have to agree*.

*(especially with Brown: I see him as a strong possibility at 17).

But, if Te'o were there at 48, would you really not draft him? Really? Assume that Brown & Minter are gone... and Foote would be starting... would you take Te'o then?

fer522
04-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Vis... SteelCanada,

What I am hearing is that if there was an ILB available, and no matter what round, your "order" would be: Brown, Minter, & then Te'o.

Hmmm... I guess that I'd have to agree*.

*(especially with Brown: I see him as a strong possibility at 17).

But, if Te'o were there at 48, would you really not draft him? Really? Assume that Brown & Minter are gone... and Foote would be starting... would you take Te'o then?

Dude you already know who I'd take...... With the 69 jersey Homer Simpson. BOOM!!!!!!

teegre
04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Dude you already know who I'd take...... With the 69 jersey Homer Simpson. BOOM!!!!!!

That goes without saying. But, alas, Homer J. will go #1 overall... so, unless the Steelers trade all of their draft picks, as well as BB, Pouncey, AB, & Allen, it isn't going to happen.

Okay... you convinced me: make the deal.

FrancoLambert
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Different schools of thought but in the 2nd round I'd rather go for a guy with more potential even if there's a risk and save the 4th round and back for drafting players with known limitation making them spot players. I do recognize that this is at odds with my prediction that he will be picked long before 48th but I'll think whomever picks him is making a mistake.

(when he's rookie of the year I'll take the mocking)

Vis,

I'll take the mocking with you.

I am no college expert like many of you. But from what I've seen of Teo, his reputation exceeds his talent.

Not saying he doesn't have talent, but I don't see him as a top pro.

Certainly not at pick 17.

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
You lose, because you clearly don't, or else that wouldn't be the first thing you jumped at in your own defense despite the fact that not a single person said you didn't have a life. I just said you lost.

Because you did.

What? I lose because I clearly don't?

I defended myself by saying I did not make a spelling mistake in my OP, it was a grammar mistake but tegree or whatever was so intent on protecting who ever I was talking to it got blown out.

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Manti Te'o got worked against Alabama. Worked. As in, bent over. He couldn't shed blocks and he looked like a liability in the run game. No one is judging him based off of his 40 time as that would be idiotic, but there are better ILBs in this draft. I'd rather have Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown, regardless of what number we pick.

If Minter and Te'o are on the board at 48 I'd take Minter every time.

As did the entire ND d.

teegre
04-18-2013, 06:55 PM
What? I lose because I clearly don't?

I defended myself by saying I did not make a spelling mistake in my OP, it was a grammar mistake but tegree or whatever was so intent on protecting who ever I was talking to it got blown out.

Let it go.

You are blaming me again... take some ownership... I thought that we had moved beyond this... stick to Te'o... let it go...

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Let it go.

You are blaming me again... take some ownership... I thought that we had moved beyond this... stick to Te'o... let it go...

I did let it go.
Other people keep bringing it back up and I was responding to them.

teegre
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
I did let it go.

You typed my name... so... :noidea:

Just let it go, man.

BlockMonsta
04-18-2013, 07:04 PM
I did let it go.

Like I said I did. Other people not so much.