PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger buries head in sand once again.

scottcurtis
03-01-2013, 07:23 AM
This is why I cant stand this moron. Says every thing is "perfectly fine". What a joke he is. He is constantly in denial, always excuses for his actions on and off the field. Please get rid of this cancer already !

Big Ben: Steelers locker room is perfectly fine
March 1, 2013 12:09 am

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Ben Roethlisberger said he has heard enough, and it's time to put an end to it. The perception created by a few of his teammates that the Steelers locker room was in disarray last season just is not true, the quarterback insisted, and someone needed to say it.
So why not the veteran quarterback, the captain of the offense?
"For anybody to say there are locker room issues or leadership issues are completely off base," Roethlisberger said Thursday, shortly after he signed a restructured contract to create $6 million of salary cap room for the Steelers in 2013.
"I believe that's the frustration. I believe that it's frustration of last year, I honestly do."
Over the past two weeks, several Steelers commented on one anonymous teammate's criticism of LaMarr Woodley by saying it showed a schism among them in 2012. Ryan Clark said there was a "fracture" in the locker room. Antonio Brown said: "It goes to show you that we wasn't a team in 2012." A few others chimed in with milder comments seemingly agreeing with Clark and Brown.
Enough is enough, Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
"Obviously, last year was frustrating for all of us, and when you're frustrated and the season doesn't go the way you want it to and things don't go the way you want them to, things are said. I know all too well, after the Dallas game I was frustrated and said some things.
"The important thing to know is, there are no issues in our locker room. There are no issues with LaMarr. There are no issues on our team.
"The big thing for us is to move forward. Last year was last year, it was 8-8. We're not happy about it. There are frustrations, but you know what? We're done with it. We're moving forward and we're moving into this year ... with whoever's here, we're looking to move forward. And we know Woodley's going to be here and we know Woodley's going to be ready to go as we all are going to be."
The comment by the anonymous Steelers player appeared in Ron Cook's Post-Gazette column Feb. 17 about Woodley: "He was awful. He tells us he works out, but we didn't see it. He wasn't in shape. That has to be a reason why he was always hurt."
Clark and Brown turned that comment into a discussion on the "fracture" that was the locker room, sparking a new topic by going on sports television shows to talk about the so-called disconnect. Brown, a three-year veteran who was the team's MVP in 2011, even questioned the leadership on the Steelers.
Roethlisberger was adamant none of that is true.
"I want to make sure people know there is no issue in our locker room," Roethlisberger stated. "We've got great leadership. We have plenty of older guys -- myself now, Ike Taylor, Larry Foote, Willie Colon, Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton -- we have a ton of guys.
"The great thing is we have a lot of young guys stepping up as leaders -- Maurkice Pouncey, and, I feel last year Keenan Lewis did a great job stepping up; Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, all kinds of guys.
"I want it to be known there is no locker room issue, there is no leadership issue. Even if guys say it out of frustration, they're trying to find something to say. I think it's important to know we all have each other's back."
Hines Ward, one year into retirement, even joined the bandwagon, claiming the locker room was in "total disarray" last season. Roethlisberger took note of that without mentioning Ward by name.
"I know we've been criticized by past players for not having leadership, but we have great leadership in our locker room -- offense, defense, all over the place.
"I don't think it's because of a lack of leadership, I think it's because of frustration. We had an 8-8 year. The last time we were 8-8 was my third year. There were probably some things in that offseason that were said because of frustration.
"I've been around a lot of the guys, I've seen a lot of the guys, there are no issues. It's about moving forward, it's not harping on guys working out from last year. Nobody cares about last year anymore. We've talked about last year, we've put it in our rear-view mirror, now it's about moving forward."
Roethlisberger said that with a locker room with so many players -- 53 on the active roster, plus practice squad players and some on injured reserve -- things never go smoothly, regardless of the win-loss record. He saw nothing different last season than in any of his past eight with the Steelers.
"No matter how the season goes, there's always going to be some kind of issue come up. There's never perfect harmony in any locker room, never. There's always going to be some issue at some point in the year, that's how it works. But the thing is, how do you move on from it? These things should be put in the rear-view mirror and we should be looking forward.
"I'm hoping by doing this to put a stop to it, to say, listen, everybody, as a leader in this locker room, as a guy who has been around here for a long time, I'm hoping that by saying there is no issue and this is fine, that this could be our exclamation point. Let's move on with this offseason, to training, to getting ready. I don't think there's a reason to look back anymore.
"That's what I'm hoping to just say: Done."

steelfury02
03-01-2013, 07:34 AM
You have about a half a dozen guys with one issue or another from camp to the end of the season and each side of the ball is coming out and saying something. I do think there were plenty of issues so I can't agree with him there. Losing is def a part of it - but attitude and work ethic weren't there in some cases. I think everyone can speak to the Steelers focus when they fall flat against what should be inferior competition.

All that said - its not all on one guy. I'm glad Ben came out and said something - he should be. Now, he has to get over whatever with Haley and get this thing going again. When I hear a QB step up and out about this - it means he's ready to lead them out of that terrible season and do something about it now.

Come on Ben and Let's Go Steelers!:tt03:

Vis
03-01-2013, 07:45 AM
He said what he had to say. If he had complained about something it would have created a mess. The thread title is dead wrong.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-01-2013, 07:47 AM
He said what he had to say. If he had complained about something it would have created a mess. The thread title is dead wrong.

Or not say anything

But I agree with you title is wrong.

kan_t
03-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Actually that's what I expect from a leader to clear things up. Even if there's issue, you don't say it publicly.

kan_t
03-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Or not say anything

Then the media will call him not being a leader. People will say that he's hiding.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Then the media will call him not being a leader. People will say that he's hiding.

Or say something along the lines of

This past season we had some ups and downs but that's behide us now. We are all ready to get back together and work to become better than 8-8. I can't wait to get to camp and focus on this next season as I expect from the other players. I'm excited to keep working with Haley to get this offense back on point.

That's what a leader would say.

Instead he always has played into the media.

kan_t
03-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Or say something along the lines of

This past season we had some ups and downs but that's behide us now. We are all ready to get back together and work to become better than 8-8. I can't wait to get to camp and focus on this next season as I expect from the other players. I'm excited to keep working with Haley to get this offense back on point.

That's what a leader would say.

Instead he always has played into the media.
Ben basically said the same thing from the article:

"The big thing for us is to move forward. Last year was last year, it was 8-8. We're not happy about it. There are frustrations, but you know what? We're done with it. We're moving forward and we're moving into this year ... with whoever's here, we're looking to move forward. And we know Woodley's going to be here and we know Woodley's going to be ready to go as we all are going to be."

"I'm hoping by doing this to put a stop to it, to say, listen, everybody, as a leader in this locker room, as a guy who has been around here for a long time, I'm hoping that by saying there is no issue and this is fine, that this could be our exclamation point. Let's move on with this offseason, to training, to getting ready. I don't think there's a reason to look back anymore."

He might say stupid things in the past, but not this time. He speaks like a leader.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-01-2013, 08:12 AM

"I'm hoping by doing this to put a stop to it, to say, listen, everybody, as a leader in this locker room, as a guy who has been around here for a long time, I'm hoping that by saying there is no issue and this is fine, that this could be our exclamation point. Let's move on with this offseason, to training, to getting ready. I don't think there's a reason to look back anymore."

He might say stupid things in the past, but not this time. He speaks like a leader.

Thanks, gotta admit I just scanned the article.

I just hope he will fully buy into Haley's system and go full steam ahead with it.

scottcurtis
03-01-2013, 08:15 AM

He is the furthest thing from a leader on the whole team. He is constantly stirring up shit on and off the field.

kan_t
03-01-2013, 08:19 AM
He is the furthest thing from a leader on the whole team. He is constantly stirring up shit on and off the field.
I would say your bias blind your judgement on what he said this time.

Vis
03-01-2013, 08:20 AM

And yet you seem to want him to whine about some rift? For what? That's what fans are for, not the starting QB

JackH
03-01-2013, 08:54 AM

Much ado about nothing.

If the Steelers had won one more game, against the Bengals Week 16 or against the Ravens Week 11, they would have made the playoffs. If that one game had been Week 11 against the Ravens, Baltimore would not have made the playoffs. Who wins the Super Bowl then?

There is often a fine line between winning and losing in the NFL, and between being happy and unhappy at the end of the season. If the Steelers don't make the playoffs, everybody is unhappy.

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
glad to see Ben stepping up. I like his point about moving forward. Glad to see Ben taking over!

scottcurtis
03-01-2013, 09:09 AM
glad to see Ben stepping up. I like his point about moving forward. Glad to see Ben taking over!

I hardly call this stepping up, more like side stepping. He just doesnt wanna face facts that he "leads" a mediocre offense that cant get its shit together.

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I hardly call this stepping up, more like side stepping. He just doesnt wanna face facts that he "leads" a mediocre offense that cant get its shit together.

i don't care what you call it. your opinion is obviously biased against Roethlisberger. For some reason you have an agenda to turn the Steelers fans against him.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM

Your way of base for blaming Ben for all of the offensive problems.

Here's the factors that made our offense not what it should of been.

1. Our 3 rb rotation throughout the season. It doesn't work didn't give any of them to build steam and feel comfortable in game.

2. Wallace just wasn't all there last year, wasn playing to his full potential

3. Injuries, at rb, wr, qb, oline. We were plagued by injuries last year to key players.

4. Ben needs to buy into the offense more and trust it.

5. Because of injuries we rarely played with our best team.

Again some of the blame is on Ben maybe like 20-25% but there are many other factors into why our offense wasn't what we all wanted it to be.

teegre
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Instead of throwing gas on the fire, BB is trying to put and end to this mess.

To the media:
"Nothing to see here. Move along. No more quotes from any of us."

Behind closed doors:
"This shit needs to stop. Everyone out their cards on the table... get it out... we talk NOW."

Michael Jordan once punched a teammate. Conflict happens... and, is actually healthy. Good teams put up a front to the media, while simultaneously duking it out behind closed doors. Bottled up emotions & passive aggressive chatter via twitter and/or through the media is the antithesis of dealing with the problem.

tony hipchest
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM

:jerkit:

"I'm hoping by doing this to put a stop to it, to say, listen, everybody, as a leader in this locker room, as a guy who has been around here for a long time, I'm hoping that by saying there is no issue and this is fine, that this could be our exclamation point. Let's move on with this offseason, to training, to getting ready. I don't think there's a reason to look back anymore.
"That's what I'm hoping to just say: Done."

really sounds like a cancer to me... :rolleyes:

T-3Iq3XQkAw

jacobo
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
please go away scottcurtis

SH-Rock
03-01-2013, 09:54 AM
It was a losing season. Obviously you're going to have a broken locker room. Every year at some point every time has a broken locker room.

Atlanta Dan
03-01-2013, 10:32 AM
"Obviously, last year was frustrating for all of us, and when you're frustrated and the season doesn't go the way you want it to and things don't go the way you want them to, things are said. I know all too well, after the Dallas game I was frustrated and said some things.

Hines Ward, one year into retirement, even joined the bandwagon, claiming the locker room was in "total disarray" last season. Roethlisberger took note of that without mentioning Ward by name.
"I know we've been criticized by past players for not having leadership, but we have great leadership in our locker room -- offense, defense, all over the place.."

Ben aparently (and finally?) has decided it is time to look forward rather than look back. But by his post-Dallas shots at Haley and his never ending exchange of volleys with Hines Ward, Ben confirms he has been part of the probem.

Maybe the 2012 season will be a turning point for #7 now agreeing to keep his concerns in-house after he sees what happens when players share their discontents with teh media - then again maybe not:noidea:

SteelersCanada
03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Roethlisberger is trying to defuse the situation. What do you want him to come out and say? "Yeah, our locker room was in shambles because of this asshole Wide Receiver who was intent on holding out, then did dick for this team once he finally came back. Oh, and our Running Back situation was piss poor so there was finger pointing going around at who was to blame."

He's trying his best to step up and be a leader of this team and keep stuff that should be in house, kept in house. But, another Roethlisberger thread is exactly what we need.

Edman
03-01-2013, 12:02 PM
I'll take Ben seriously as a leader when actually he shows it. He's lipserviced in the media before.

stb_steeler
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Maybe its his way of staying focused....You have to look at it from his view, if he says bad things about the team what do you think would happen?. Thats right, Good ole Media would be all over his ass like a cheap suit. People take this kind of stuff way to far!

Vis
03-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I'll take Ben seriously as a leader when actually he shows it. He's lipserviced in the media before.

So I guess you'll need access to the locker room since media reports is all you get at this point.

livingthrudying
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
This is why I cant stand this moron. Says every thing is "perfectly fine". What a joke he is. He is constantly in denial, always excuses for his actions on and off the field. Please get rid of this cancer already !

Steelers Fans need to make up their minds! Oh we hate that someone came out and said there were problems in the locker room and that stuff is supposed to be handled in house.

Our franchise QB comes out and tries to right the ship and here we are with someone trashing him already. Did you ever think that Ben is saying everythings fine so that this doesn't turn into a full blown mutiny thru the media? Ben is a pretty good teamate in the sense that he doesn't call out his teamates thru the media ever and stand by them. who knows what happens in the locker room or behind closed doors? I sure don't, but it sure seems like you have all the answers based off a few articles in the news paper.

Ben is a franchise QB with 2 SB rings. If you think he is a cancer then why dont you go root for a different Franchise QB like brees or brady or peyton. Those guys are the class of the league right? Lets break them down real quick. You have Brees who every chance he got was running his mouth in the papers about his team being treated unfair and denying that they did something that their coaches already admitted to. Brady? hmm been caught cheating, has specific rules made just for him to protect him and has no issue bashing his teamates during the game or after yet when he makes a mistake its not fair to criticize him, Manning is the same way.

Ben has made some boneheaded decisions while partying i will agree with that. But he has been a good teamate's and far from being a prima donna or cancer compared to other Diva franchise players.

StainlessStill
03-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Am I the only one relievied Ben is coming out and putting an end-all to this? Out of ALL the things to get mad at Ben over and you pick this? It's typical off-season dribble that makes me hate the process of talking about something and nothing at the same time. Honestly, this isn't that big of a deal and if I were want to hear ANYBODY come out and say ANYTHING about ANYTHING, it's Ben, so good on him. Speaking up to the locker room for 2013 before all the cuts, FA or draft is a good move. It's putting an end to it all while establishing a new day and new year. Team rebuild is in full effect.

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Am I the only one relievied Ben is coming out and putting an end-all to this? Out of ALL the things to get mad at Ben over and you pick this? It's typical off-season dribble that makes me hate the process of talking about something and nothing at the same time. Honestly, this isn't that big of a deal and if I were want to hear ANYBODY come out and say ANYTHING about ANYTHING, it's Ben, so good on him. Speaking up to the locker room for 2013 before all the cuts, FA or draft is a good move. It's putting an end to it all while establishing a new day and new year. Team rebuild is in full effect.

I agree, I think Ben has handled this very well, and i'm glad he did.

scottcurtis
03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I agree, I think Ben has handled this very well, and i'm glad he did.

And what makes anyone think this is over now cause "Ben" said so ? gimme a break. He will be the first one to throw Haley under the bus when he misreads coverages and throws the season away.

Bane
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Guys, you're all just feeding the troll.

Don't feed him, and he will have to go someplace else for food.

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Now that's just crazy talk. Go stand in the corner...

He said exactly what a good leader is supposed to say. He is seeking to dispell all the media hubub and he stated they had a team meeting and discussed this situation. They are moving forward with the 2013 season.

Do you think the Pentagon would tell the public if there was a schism of personalities on Seal team 6? Or do you think they would seek to quell the media sensation and try to solve their problems in-house?

Use your head, dude....

He explains it right here:

"That's what I'm hoping to do."

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
And what makes anyone think this is over now cause "Ben" said so ? gimme a break. He will be the first one to throw Haley under the bus when he misreads coverages and throws the season away.

Yet you claim he has already done that, and here he is taking things on his shoulders again like a good leader is supposed to do. He has not called Haley out, and your obvious bias has you in a fantasy world.

Your threads are rubbish and you are the epitome of spoiled sports fans everywhere.

SteelersCanada
03-01-2013, 01:55 PM

Ben Roethlisberger on the pick vs. Cowboys:

Q: What did you see on that last play [in OT]?

A: "Well, he called a good play and I just didn't execute. It was the first time that guy had backed off Mike and I just didn't put enough on it."

Haley called a good play, Ben didn't execute.

Then there was this article via FOXSports,

Roethlisberger: Blame me for collapse

''A lot of it just has to do with me not playing well enough down the stretch,'' Roethlisberger said. ''Fourth-quarter drives or last-minute throws, I'm just not making it happen, so my best answer would be that I just didn't play well enough.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-takes-blame-for-collapse-122612

Where does he throw Haley under the bus? Maybe instead of trying to act like a complete tool, you could think things over before you speak. Instead of trying to get reactions from people you could, oh I don't know, do a little bit of research on to what Ben actually said. I think we'd all appreciate that.

Ben did have legitimate concerns with the lack of a no-huddle offense and at times, not playing to our receivers capability but at no point did he say Haley was the reason for any of the losses that we incurred down the stretch. But no, don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit rhetoric.

We get it, you don't like Roethlisberger. Now, stop making threads about him and comment in one of the many threads already designated to trashing him. I think that's fair.

stb_steeler
03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Ben Roethlisberger on the pick vs. Cowboys:

Q: What did you see on that last play [in OT]?

A: "Well, he called a good play and I just didn't execute. It was the first time that guy had backed off Mike and I just didn't put enough on it."

Haley called a good play, Ben didn't execute.

Then there was this article via FOXSports,

Roethlisberger: Blame me for collapse

''A lot of it just has to do with me not playing well enough down the stretch,'' Roethlisberger said. ''Fourth-quarter drives or last-minute throws, I'm just not making it happen, so my best answer would be that I just didn't play well enough.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-takes-blame-for-collapse-122612

Where does he throw Haley under the bus? Maybe instead of trying to act like a complete tool, you could think things over before you speak. Instead of trying to get reactions from people you could, oh I don't know, do a little bit of research on to what Ben actually said. I think we'd all appreciate that.

Ben did have legitimate concerns with the lack of a no-huddle offense and at times, not playing to our receivers capability but at no point did he say Haley was the reason for any of the losses that we incurred down the stretch. But no, don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit rhetoric.

We get it, you don't like Roethlisberger. Now, stop making threads about him and comment in one of the many threads already designated to trashing him. I think that's fair.

Makes ya wonder why some are actually fans, or are they? :chuckle:

teegre
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Yep.

That's essentially what I was saying, as well.

pete74
03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I thought that was a great speech by Ben.he said everything I would expect him to say. He sounds like a leader to me. Not sure how any normal person can portray anything negative fron this article

SteelersCanada
03-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Makes ya wonder why some are actually fans, or are they? :chuckle:

It's mind boggling. It honestly is.

PhantomJB93
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
So let me get this straight: You think Ben Roethlisberger is a locker room cancer, want him cut from the team, and at the same time think Michael freaking Turner is the answer to all our problems and we need to sign a burnt-out 30+ year old back who had one good season and hasn't been good in 3 years?

Yeah, have fun with that.

TRH
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
worst titled thread on this forum ever?????

I like what he said. For all we know, the original quote from "an anonymous source" was just made up by a "journalist". Even so....i like what he said - and it came off as a team leader.

I'm surprised some people on here don't complain about the way the sun rises. "Hey, can't that damn thing rise in the west once in awhile instead of the east all the time?"

Wallace108
03-01-2013, 03:07 PM
So, almost everyone agrees that Ben is being a good leader right now? Lets look at Ben's view on the team's leadership compared to Keisel's view:

Big Ben: "We've got great leadership. We have plenty of older guys -- myself now, Ike Taylor, Larry Foote, Willie Colon, Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton -- we have a ton of guys. "I want it to be known there is no locker room issue, there is no leadership issue.

Brett Keisel: "When you lose some key guys like Aaron Smith, Hines Ward, James Farrior, these guys were amazing players and amazing leaders. And I feel like more people need to step up as leaders ..."

So who is right ... Ben or Brett?
My money is on Brett. If the team had great leadership, there would be no need for Ben to be saying anything right now, because Antonio, Ryan, and the anonymous teammate wouldn't have been making comments in public. What we've seen the past few weeks is a direct result of poor leadership.

I agree with those who said it would look even worse if Ben said nothing. And while it would be crazy for him to say something to fan the flames, saying something that is clearly not true doesn't serve any purpose. Just like Antonio and Ryan did, I would have liked for Ben to acknowledge that there were problems ... and then say that enough is enough and that those kind of problems will no longer be tolerated. That seems like a better route than getting defensive and insisting that there were no problems. Denying that problems exist isn't a sign of good leadership. Fixing problems, or stopping them before they happen, is a sign of good leadership.

StainlessStill
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
If you read between the lines, Keisel said 'more leaders' meaning it's time for the younger guys like AB or Lewis to step up next in line. We all know Bens a leader. We all know Keisel's a leader. Troy, Heath, etc. I think Keisel meant that guys need see it and own it, like Pouncey (who Ben mentioned) or a first rounder like Ziggy or Heyward. This subject is NOTHING but hot air.

austinfrench76
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Why is everyone responding to this scottcurtis??? BS post, thread has the absolute wrong title and he is obviously looking to stir up shit. Ben did what he had to do. he is not nor ever will be the absolute leader on this team. It's not who he is. C'mon folks, this is a trrooolllllllllll thread. He actually wins too because here we are on 5 PAGES of responses!

ebsteelers
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Why is everyone responding to this scottcurtis??? BS post, thread has the absolute wrong title and he is obviously looking to stir up shit. Ben did what he had to do. he is not nor ever will be the absolute leader on this team. It's not who he is. C'mon folks, this is a trrooolllllllllll thread. He actually wins too because here we are on 5 PAGES of responses!

THIS!!!! this scottcurtis has had 2 gem threads already today.. why dont we cut big ben, and sign michael turner... TO PLAY QB

people look for anyway to bash Bennie..

he says something hes a bad teammmate,
he doesnt say anything hes not a good leader.

UNREAL

teegre
03-01-2013, 04:11 PM

I think that the terrorists just won, as well.

Alas...

scottcurtis
03-01-2013, 04:11 PM

What the hell are you talking about "wrong title" ? Your right ben is a douche bag twice accused rapist, he will never be a leader.

scottcurtis
03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
THIS!!!! this scottcurtis has had 2 gem threads already today.. why dont we cut big ben, and sign michael turner... TO PLAY QB

people look for anyway to bash Bennie..

he says something hes a bad teammmate,
he doesnt say anything hes not a good leader.

UNREAL

When the fuck did a say turner to play Qb ? STFU !!!!

teegre
03-01-2013, 04:16 PM
What the hell are you talking about "wrong title" ? Your right ben is a douche bag twice accused rapist, he will never be a leader.

Somewhere, the ghost of the Ayatollah Khomeini is smiling.

pczach
03-01-2013, 04:18 PM
When the fuck did a say turner to play Qb ? STFU !!!!

Cuckoo! Cuckoo!:sofunny:

Curtain_of_Steel
03-01-2013, 04:30 PM
If BB comments you guys whack him, if he doesn't you guys whack him.

I dont care if they kill each other as long as they win.
Based on Woodleys shape there is not one person here can say the dude is ready play? Troy is in horrendous shape and NEVER EVER stretches with the team. He is a little premaddona as well. His injury history proves that as well.

Eagles preseaon game he never once stretched, stuff and tossed a football during the 2 hours before the game. Yet he still played. Never ran, stretched nothing.

Players all need to be acountable period.

Buddha Bus
03-01-2013, 05:23 PM

I accuse you of molesting my taint.

Buddha Bus
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM

HEY! I said hands off my taint!

Now you are a twice accused taint molester. See you in court! :wave:

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I accuse you of molesting my taint.

:rofl:

he rubs me the wrong way as well.

GoFor7
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
CUT BEN N'AT!

FrancoLambert
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
"We have a lot of older guys," and Ben lists a few.

That's the problem. Just being old or a seasoned veteran does not automatically make you a leader. Sounded like he was reciting the company line.

I think Brett sees the void in leadership more accurately.

zcoop
03-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Yep, Ben has stepped up big time. I didn't agree with AB's airing the team's dirty laundry publicly. There are things that should remain between teammates and not shared with media. There is going to be frustration especially when coming off of a down season. Somebody had to pipe the shit down.

Way to go BIG Man.

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Yep, Ben has stepped up big time. I didn't agree with AB's airing the team's dirty laundry publicly. There are things that should remain between teammates and not shared with media. There is going to be frustration especially when coming off of a down season. Somebody had to pipe the shit down.

Way to go BIG Man.

very true, and if this doesn't end the player's involvement in the media circus I'll be pretty disappointed.

pczach
03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
I love listening to all the Ben haters rig the game. They always have to set the parameters so that they own both sides of every argument. No matter what Ben said, he would be wrong. It's gotten to the point where they even lie to themselves so they believe they own the intellectual high ground on the issue. It's comical, but sad. They've invested so much into this false reality, they can't afford to concede a single point. Somebody call Morpheus and Neo, the Matrix has a glitch.

Twentyvalve
03-01-2013, 09:42 PM
No matter what he says or does not say, people will find fault based on their own perceptions. Facts are facts. Everything else is opinion.

8-8 is .500. Unacceptable. Move on. They don't have a choice. They cannot replay last year. Fact. Move on.

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 09:46 PM
can you imagine how bad it could have been if this all played out 3 to 5 months from now! Glad to see they've gotten through this and are now ready to look to next season.

steelfury02
03-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Steelers leadership void?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

TRH
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
i think i just lost a few intelligence points from my brain after reading through these "curtis" posts. He definitely rides "the short bus".
Some of the dumbest stuff i've ever read.

Fire Arians
03-02-2013, 12:52 PM

agree 100%

OP would you rather ben throw his team under the bus while speaking to the media? that wouldn't end well.

scottcurtis
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
agree 100%

OP would you rather ben throw his team under the bus while speaking to the media? that wouldn't end well.

Ben has constantly thrown the team under the bus. When he rapes 2 women,gets a 4 game suspension, wrecks a busa without a helmet, never is in shape, complains about injuries that dont exist. Almost has a rib go through his heart, seconds from death in the wreck.... and on and on. Plays with a 106 degree fever, broken toes that no one but him knows about.... drama queen bitch shit that he is.

harrison'samonster
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Ben has constantly thrown the team under the bus. When he rapes 2 women,gets a 4 game suspension, wrecks a busa without a helmet, never is in shape, complains about injuries that dont exist. Almost has a rib go through his heart, seconds from death in the wreck.... and on and on. Plays with a 106 degree fever, broken toes that no one but him knows about.... drama queen bitch shit that he is.

thanks! that was good for a laugh.

Hawaii 5-0
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Ben has constantly thrown the team under the bus. When he rapes 2 women

I'm sorry, did I miss something? when did Ben rape two women? I could have sworn those were mere allegations that were never proven in a court of law...

JeromeBetties63
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Good article...way to go Ben! Hey scottie boy, put down the Iron City. It has addled your brain.

Buddha Bus
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V1wtM7R3fj4/TxCNvOLDQ5I/AAAAAAAAAm4/IB9n2IZVaK8/s1600/NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-VERY-STUPID.jpg

scottcurtis
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry, did I miss something? when did Ben rape two women? I could have sworn those were mere allegations that were never proven in a court of law...

SETTLED LAWSUIT= RAPIST

SteelersCanada
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
SETTLED LAWSUIT= RAPIST

IJ_R-G_i4Xk

StevieRayVol
03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
What was Ben supposed to say?...There is an old saying..."THE WORSE YOU STIR SHIT THE MORE IT STINKS".....Ben did the right thing.

harrison'samonster
03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
SETTLED LAWSUIT= RAPIST

the supreme court actually ruled against that definition of rapist in the landmark case Dimwit v. Message Board.

VaDave
03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V1wtM7R3fj4/TxCNvOLDQ5I/AAAAAAAAAm4/IB9n2IZVaK8/s1600/NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-VERY-STUPID.jpg

I vote for the lack of intelligence....

Hawaii 5-0
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
SETTLED LAWSUIT= RAPIST

SCOTTCURTIS = IDIOT

VaDave
03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
SETTLED LAWSUIT= RAPIST

RE: Lake Tahoe Cutie

Exactly what was the settlement? A settlement could be anything from quiet money which you seem to think there was, to an agreement where both parties walk away.

Since there is ZERO public record of that ANWHERE, your thought is nothing more than a figment of your imagination. More than likely the settlement was Ben agreed NOT to sue the living bejebus out this nitwit.

As for the Millageville incident, there were no charges issued, either by law enforcement, or the aggrieved party, hence there was nothing to settle. Again you thought is nothing more than a figment of your obviously troubled mind.

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Lake Tahoe Cutie

Exactly what was the settlement? A settlement could be anything from quiet money which you seem to think there was, to an agreement where both parties walk away.

Since there is ZERO public record of that ANWHERE, your thought is nothing more than a figment of your imagination. More than likely the settlement was Ben agreed NOT to sue the living bejebus out this nitwit.

As for the Millageville incident, there were no charges issued, either by law enforcement, or the aggrieved party, hence there was nothing to settle. Again you thought is nothing more than a figment of your obviously troubled mind.

bLOW ME vaDave !
Ben Roethlisberger lawsuit settled
Updated: January 21, 2012, 12:51 AM ET
Associated Press
EMAIL
PRINT
RENO, Nev. -- Lawyers for Ben Roethlisberger and a woman who accused him of raping her at a Lake Tahoe hotel-casino in 2008 have reached a settlement that ends her civil lawsuit against the Steelers quarterback.

Cal Dunlap, the Reno lawyer representing the woman, confirmed the settlement on Friday but declined to discuss the terms of the agreement.

"The matter has been resolved and I have no further comment," he told The Associated Press.

The Reno Gazette-Journal first reported the settlement on its website. It also dismisses claims against Harrah's employees whom the woman had accused of covering up the alleged sexual assault in Roethlisberger's penthouse suite in July 2008.

Dunlap first told Washoe District Court Judge Brent Adams in papers filed last Nov. 30 that his client wanted to have a stay lifted so the case could be dismissed because a settlement was pending.

"All parties have reached a resolution of all claims and counterclaims," he wrote.

Adams formally dismissed the case Dec. 27 but neither side had publicized it until now.

David Cornwell, Roethlisberger's lawyer, did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment on Friday. His agent, Ryan Tollner, said neither he nor Roethlisberger would have any comment.

The Nevada Supreme Court had ruled against the two-time Super Bowl champion quarterback's request in August to have the case moved from Reno to Carson City because it was closer to where the alleged incident had occurred at Harrah's in Stateline.

The woman was a VIP casino hostess at Harrah's when she said Roethlisberger allegedly lured her to his room under the pretense of fixing his television. Roethlisberger was in town at the time to play in a celebrity golf tournament.

Roethlisberger denied the allegations.

The original lawsuit filed in 2009 sought a minimum of $440,000 in damages from the quarterback, at least $50,000 in damages from the Harrah's officials and an unspecified amount in punitive damages.

The woman said she never filed a criminal complaint because she feared Harrah's would side with Roethlisberger and she would be fired.

scottcurtis
03-03-2013, 05:37 AM
Lake Tahoe rape case against Roethlisberger settled quietly

By Michael Hasch

Published: Saturday, January 21, 2012
Lawyers have reached a settlement to end a civil lawsuit filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger by a Nevada woman who accused him of raping her during a celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe.
Cal Dunlap, the Reno lawyer representing the woman, told The Associated Press on Friday that the case has been settled. It is not known if the woman received any money in the settlement.
The woman, a former VIP concierge at Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino, claimed that Roethlisberger raped her in July 2008 while he was at Lake Tahoe playing in the tournament. She filed the lawsuit in Reno a year later, saying that the two-time Super Bowl champion quarterback lured her to his room by saying that his television was not working.
Roethlisberger has denied assaulting the woman, who never filed a formal criminal complaint with police. The Tribune-Review does not identify those who say they are victims of sexual assault.
The Reno Gazette-Journal, which reported the settlement on its website yesterday, said the case was formally dismissed last month.
The newspaper said the settlement dismisses claims against Harrah's employees whom the woman accused of covering up the alleged assault in Roethlisberger's penthouse suite.
"The matter has been resolved, and I have no further comment," Dunlap told the AP.
Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, declined to comment.
Neither a Steelers spokesman nor Roethlisberger's attorney, William David Cornwell Sr. of DNK Cornwell in Atlanta, could be reached for comment.
Dunlap filed court papers on Nov. 30 with Washoe District Court Judge Brent Adams saying his client wanted to have a stay lifted so the case could be dismissed because a settlement was pending.
"All parties have reached a resolution of all claims and counterclaims," Dunlap wrote.
Adams formally dismissed the case on Dec. 27.
The original lawsuit sought a minimum of $440,000 in damages from Roethlisberger, at least $50,000 in damages from Harrah's officials and an unspecified amount in punitive damages.
The woman's claims -- coupled with a 20-year-old college student's accusation that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in the restroom of a Milledgeville, Ga., nightclub in 2010 -- prompted National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend the quarterback for the first six games of the 2010 season.
Roethlisberger has worked since then to clean up his image, and Goodell was sufficiently satisfied to reduce the suspension to four games.
"I've spent a lot of time evaluating and looking at my life, on and off the field, and I think this is kind of the time to close the chapter of the last couple years of my life and move on," Roethlisberger told the Trib after the suspension was announced.
"Looking forward to the second chance, the second opportunity. Not just in football but in life, I think that's kind of what's more important."
Roethlisberger married Ashley Harlan in July, but only after talking to her brothers and getting permission from her father to ask her to marry him. Roethlisberger, who has a $102 million contract with the Steelers, and his bride asked wedding guests to make charitable contributions in lieu of gifts.

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_777762.html#ixzz2MTJl8b00
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Lady Steel
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Okay, you made me do it! :laughing:

po3jPq5LT0g