PDA

View Full Version : N.E. 30 Arizona 3

hardwork
08-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Man, those boys didn't belong in the same section of the country, let alone on the same field, with the past and future WORLD CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. Look out NFL, here we come again.

boLT fan
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
How did Leinart look? I was interested to see if he was good or not, but didn't get a chance to see the game.

hardwork
08-19-2006, 10:30 PM
How did Leinart look? I was interested to see if he was good or not, but didn't get a chance to see the game.

For a guy thats only been in about 2 or 3 pratices he didn't look too bad.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok you crushed the Cards in the pre-season. Lets just hand you the Lombardi right now. I mean its over no doubt. Come on bragging over a pre-season win. Its alittle silly don't you think?

hardwork
08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok you crushed the Cards in the pre-season. Lets just hand you the Lombardi right now. I mean its over no doubt. Come on bragging over a pre-season win. Its alittle silly don't you think?

Bragging? No. Just reporting the facts. Silly is exactly how the Patriots made the Cardinals look.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Bragging? No. Just reporting the facts. Silly is exactly how the Patriots made the Cardinals look.

Its pre-season who gives a shit? I think a fan of team that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years wouldn't get to excited about a pre=season win. Thats just me though.

BlackNGold203
08-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Its pre-season who gives a shit? I think a fan of team that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years wouldn't get to excited about a pre=season win. Thats just me though.

Look at the source...nuff said...:cool: :cool:

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:01 PM

Well, see, we like to win here. We don't care if the Patriots are running all over some crap team like the Steelers. We just love to win anytime, and any place.

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Look at the source...nuff said...:cool: :cool:

Lol, what a bunch of pussies.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Well, see, we like to win here. We don't care if the Patriots are running all over some crap team like the Steelers. We just love to win anytime, and any place.

Yea and I don't like annoying ass fans bragging about a stupid pre-season win. Go brag to your fellow Pats fans about your meaning less pre-season win. Who freakin cares on a Steelers board about your Pats win in a pre-season game?

I saw Cassell had another solid game in a pre-season game. We should just put him in the Hall of Fame for his pre-season performance.

BlackNGold203
08-19-2006, 11:09 PM

***** = someone who gets their rocks off over winning a scrimmage...:cool: :cool:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:10 PM

What a tool?

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Yea and I don't like annoying ass fans bragging about a stupid pre-season win. Go brag to your fellow Pats fans about your meaning less pre-season win. Who freakin cares on a Steelers board about your Pats win in a pre-season game?

I saw Cassell had another solid game in a pre-season game. We should just put him in the Hall of Fame for his pre-season performance.

These idiots have about 30 pages of replies on their pre-season game thread but I put up one post and they go batshit. Is there an IQ restriction for being a Steeler fan? What is it, you can't be above 25?

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:18 PM
These idiots have about 30 pages of replies on their pre-season game thread but I put up one post and they go batshit. Is there an IQ restriction for being a Steeler fan? What is it, you can't be above 25?

Dude you made it sould like you just won your fourth Super Bowl by beating the Cards in a pre-season game. Nobody cares except maybe the other two Pats fans that post on this board on a regular basis. Do us all a favor and piss off.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-19-2006, 11:20 PM

I'm sure there are 10,000 Pats message boards on the net maybe you should find one and gush about their pre-season game over there, ya think?

:sign07:

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Dude you made it sould like you just won your fourth Super Bowl by beating the Cards in a pre-season game. Nobody cares except maybe the other two Pats fans that post on this board on a regular basis. Do us all a favor and piss off.

Did Ben Myheadisarawburger play with his helmet on today?

BBC
08-19-2006, 11:24 PM
You guys aren't going to have one touchdown the entire season. Your starters have yet to score a touchdown, you're offense is going to be lucky to cross the 50 yard line.

Or is it premature to base assesments off of pre-season?

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Did Ben Myheadisarawburger play with his helmet on today?

He did and was 3/4 passing with a TD. But I'm not sitting proclaiming his performance as a great thing like you did with your Pats win.

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm not sitting proclaiming his performance as a great thing

Thats a good idea. It probably wasn't.

BBC
08-19-2006, 11:30 PM

You're name is quite fitting for you. It must be some real hardwork to continue telling yourself you are funny enough times that you actually believe it.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:32 PM

I think it would be wise to get off your high horse and not brag about you Pats win. I mean again who cares how the Pats did in a pre-season game. I saw Cassell had a good game but he isn't going to over take Tom Brady for the starting QB spot. So who cares?

Livinginthe past
08-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Come on now. Its the NFL forum, I think a Patriots fan should be able to post a few thoughts on how his team did in the pre-season.

Unless of course we have to wait for Steelers poster to start the thread?

I remember only days ago everyone getting over-heated about a performance by Steelers rookie safety Anthony Smith and how he was the 'natural' - what after 1 preseason game?

Its the first football we have seen in a long time, I think a little excitement should be allowed.

I take it Cassells performance was much improved Hardwork?

Running game looks solid, id be interested in what you think of the Dillon v Maroney thing at this stage?

How did the run D look against the 1st team Cards?

Thanks

NM

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:34 PM
I think it would be wise to get off your high horse and not brag about you Pats win. I mean again who cares how the Pats did in a pre-season game. I saw Cassell had a good game but he isn't going to over take Tom Brady for the starting QB spot. So who cares?

On about your third 6 pack are you B&G32?

BBC
08-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Come on now. Its the NFL forum, I think a Patriots fan should be able to post a few thoughts on how his team did in the pre-season.

Sure can, if you want to be level headed and actually bring some usefull insight. I'm sure hardwork could find more than a couple Patriots sites in which he could spew his nonsense.

I remember only days ago everyone getting over-heated about a performance by Steelers rookie safety Anthony Smith and how he was the 'natural' - what after 1 preseason game?

I didn't hear anyone get over excited about him, just that we thought he was impressive, and looked very good out there. He did. I didn't hear anyone claim the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl, that Smith was going to be a Pro Bowler, or any off the wall premature comments.

Its the first football we have seen in a long time, I think a little excitement should be allowed.

Actually, it's the second football you've seen in a long time, and there has been a lot more than a 'little' excitement shown.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Not when he makes it sound like the Pats just won their fourth Super Bowl. Who freakin cares if the Pats blew out the Cards? Talk about some players individual performances all you want. But wins and losses doesn't mean a thing in pre-season. I think the Colts were 0-5 in the pre-season last year. Then won their first 13 games in the season. I don't need some annoying fan bragging about a pre-season win.

Hardwork has always been annoying.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:38 PM
On about your third 6 pack are you B&G32?

Nope I havn't even had one beer tonight. I recently quit drinking thank you.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:40 PM
This thread just reminded why I hate Pats fans so much. They win three Super Bowls and they think we should just worship the ground that their team walks on.

BBC
08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
This thread just reminded why I hate Pats fans so much. They win three Super Bowls and they think we should just worship the ground that their team walks on.

It's really just a couple bad eggs. Don't be too hard on them, you can't really blame their ignorance - they've only been following football for 5 years now.

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:43 PM

Unless of course we have to wait for Steelers poster to start the thread?

I take it Cassells performance was much improved Hardwork?

Running game looks solid, id be interested in what you think of the Dillon v Maroney thing at this stage?

How did the run D look against the 1st team Cards?

Thanks

NM

Yeah, LITP, what is it with these people. They post 500 replies in their preseason game thread today but get bent out of shape after I put up one post.

Anyway, Cassell did look good today. The DBfield looked very good against the Cards number one offence. And Brady looked sharp. He played quite a bit. They stalled twice in the red-zone though. Not a habit you like to see them get into.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:45 PM
It's really just a couple bad eggs. Don't be too hard on them, you can't really blame their ignorance - they've only been following football for 5 years now.

That is true and your right.

BBC
08-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah, LITP, what is it with these people. They post 500 replies in their preseason game thread today but get bent out of shape after I put up one post.

Anyway, Cassell did look good today. The DBfield looked very good against the Cards number one offence. And Brady looked sharp. He played quite a bit. They stalled twice in the red-zone though. Not a habit you like to see them get into.

I've been trying to discuss Tom Brady's horrid play in the season. I haven't been able to get a response, I guess you don't actually want to talk football, but man has he sucked (and I bet it wasn't just on the field either.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:47 PM

Well with that we might as well cancel the season and just give the Pats the Lombardi right now. I mean its over no other team stands a chance since Matt Cassel who will be on the bench looked good tonight.

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:48 PM
I recently quit drinking thank you.

Probably take you a couple of months to dry out.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Probably take you a couple of months to dry out.

No I'm fine and was fine until you started pro claiming this great win by the Pats.

hardwork
08-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Well with that we might as well cancel the season and just give the Pats the Lombardi right now. I mean its over no other team stands a chance since Matt Cassel who will be on the bench looked good tonight.

Yeah, well, you may not know it but you've had a few tonight. That's the third time you've said the same thing.

(I don't think 32 is the brightest bulb on the tree)

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, well, you may not know it but you've had a few tonight. That's the third time you've said the same thing.

(I don't think 32 is the brightest bulb on the tree)

No just trying to point out how stupid it is to brag about a pre-season win and will keep saying it over and over again. Like I care what you think about me anyway. I always thought you were a tool. Bragging about a pre-season win proves that.

hardwork
08-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I remember how much fans from other cities hated the Celtics so I'm not surprised to see football fans around the NFL get so upset when they see the Patriots are about to render their teams efforts inconsequential for another year.

BBC
08-20-2006, 12:08 AM
I remember how much fans from other cities hated the Celtics so I'm not surprised to see football fans around the NFL get so upset when they see the Patriots are about to render their teams efforts inconsequential for another year.

I guess you don't want to talk about how much Tom Brady sucked tonight. I figured you'd have tons of information on the topic...

Black@Gold Forever32
08-20-2006, 12:12 AM

Yea after a pre-season win. Ok dude. Keep your false hopes that your dynasty run isn't over. They killed a average Cards team in the pre-season. Wow I'm impressed.

hardwork
08-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I'm impressed.

See, now there you go son. A little confession is good for the soul.

Livinginthe past
08-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I have to say I dont understand what everyone is getting so upset about.

So, if Hardwork is being a little premature in his claim that we are going to win this years SB then so what?

Most teams fans are homers, and most posters on this site admit to being such - nothing wrong with that really.

I mean, I had laughed at the amount of posters proclaiming Cedric Humes to be the next Bettis - because the Steelers are so great at drafting RB's that even a 7th rounder is a nailed on steal - please!

These same people tried to convince me that this guy Humes has the same chance of making an impact in the NFL as a 1st round pick like Maroney...again huge homerism.

If the replies were based upon sarcasm and even smack about who has the trophy right now - i'd understand it.

What I dont get is how genuinely upset people seem to be - esp B&GF32 who has always seemed pretty level headed.

I think im also allowed to be a little pumped about how good Cassell has looked so far, especially seeing as he was a real shot in the dark pick by the Patriots.

You dont see me moaning about the posters creaming themselves about what a great back-up Charlie Batch is or even how much talent Omar Jacobs has.

The Steelers look certain to be challenging for the title again this year, be happy with that and stop crying just because a rival fan is a little enthusiastic about his teams chances.

NM

hardwork
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM

So, if Hardwork is being a little premature in his claim that we are going to win this years SB then so what?

Most teams fans are homers, and most posters on this site admit to being such - nothing wrong with that really.

I mean, I had laughed at the amount of posters proclaiming Cedric Humes to be the next Bettis - because the Steelers are so great at drafting RB's that even a 7th rounder is a nailed on steal - please!

These same people tried to convince me that this guy Humes has the same chance of making an impact in the NFL as a 1st round pick like Maroney...again huge homerism.

If the replies were based upon sarcasm and even smack about who has the trophy right now - i'd understand it.

What I dont get is how genuinely upset people seem to be - esp B&GF32 who has always seemed pretty level headed.

I think im also allowed to be a little pumped about how good Cassell has looked so far, especially seeing as he was a real shot in the dark pick by the Patriots.

You dont see me moaning about the posters creaming themselves about what a great back-up Charlie Batch is or even how much talent Omar Jacobs has.

The Steelers look certain to be challenging for the title again this year, be happy with that and stop crying just because a rival fan is a little enthusiastic about his teams chances.

NM

Further, I didn't even say we were going to win the next SB. I said past and future World Champions. They've won SBs, and they'll win more in the future. Then I said look out NFL here we come again. There isn't a coach in the NFL with a brain that wouldn't say that you have to keep an eye on this group from New England.

The reaction from Steelerdom, to these tiny little comments of mine, was bizzare. I find it hard to believe the posters weren't drunk.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-20-2006, 07:23 PM
LITP I would expect you to defend a fellow Pats fan. Thats fine. My beef isn't with you. Its with hardwork and his posts that always annoy me. Last night was no different.

hardwork
08-20-2006, 08:03 PM
LITP I would expect you to defend a fellow Pats fan. Thats fine. My beef isn't with you. Its with hardwork and his posts that always annoy me. Last night was no different.

Would someone please get this baby his bottle.

BlackNGold203
08-20-2006, 08:05 PM

Gee..why would anyone get annoyed with this guy???

:dang: :dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM

Yea you can say stuff behind a computer screen. If we were face to face it would be a different story.

hardwork
08-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Yea you can say stuff behind a computer screen. If we were face to face it would be a different story.

Lol, that's for sure. You'd be running around with your tail between your legs.

One SB win and this team with its fans folds like a tent. The Bus is gone. Their QB doesn't have the brains to get in out of the rain. And their coach has his bags packed.

Good luck boys.

X-Terminator
08-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Further, I didn't even say we were going to win the next SB. I said past and future World Champions. They've won SBs, and they'll win more in the future. Then I said look out NFL here we come again. There isn't a coach in the NFL with a brain that wouldn't say that you have to keep an eye on this group from New England.

The reaction from Steelerdom, to these tiny little comments of mine, was bizzare. I find it hard to believe the posters weren't drunk.

Sorry dude, but that ain't going to cut it. When you post what you did on a STEELERS message board, the team that just won the SB, you should expect to take some heat over it - just as I would expect the same thing if I posted something similar on a Pats message board. And then to make things worse, you take your little "digs" at our team and fans and expect them to go without comment - again, on a STEELERS message board. I don't give a rat's ass if you post something about your team and their win on the board to spark an intelligent discussion, and neither would anyone else. After all, that's what this forum is for. But when you proclaim your team to be unbeatable after a meaningless pre-season win - and sorry, no amount of "spin" will change that observation when your own words are right there, regardless of intent - then you reap what you sow. So suck it up and deal.

X-Terminator
08-21-2006, 09:07 AM

NM

I'm not upset about it. Again, my point (and probably B&G32's as well) is that when you post what hardwork did on a Steelers message board, then he should expect people to take umbrage with it. Simple logic.

HometownGal
08-21-2006, 10:03 AM

hardwork - really - do you have to insult Steelers fans here on a Steelers MB to get your point across? You may want to take notice of LITP's posts which are, for the most part, respectful, insightful and well thought out (unless he's attempting smack with Tony or Matt - LMAO). :wink: It's OK to be a homer here in "enemy" territory - most of us welcome and show respect to opposing team's fans because we are given the same degree of respect in return, but if you unjustifiably disrespect a Steelers fan here, you're going to get it shoved right back up your hiney. Steelers fans are and always have been family - that's what makes our fan base so unique. :cool: BNGF32 is, imho, one of the most knowledgeable, open-minded and gentlemanly posters here at SF. Respect is earned - not handed out like Tom Brady bobble-heads at Gillette Stadium.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks my Steelers bros and sisters.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Lol, that's for sure. You'd be running around with your tail between your legs.

One SB win and this team with its fans folds like a tent. The Bus is gone. Their QB doesn't have the brains to get in out of the rain. And their coach has his bags packed.

Good luck boys.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: