PDA

View Full Version : Giving you guys props froma 49ers fan.

BayArea
03-01-2013, 08:29 PM
So I was at the superbowl. I sat directly behind a group of five Steeler's fans. One had a Bradshaw jersey, one had a Hines Ward jersey, one had a Mike Wallace jersey, and two with Troy Polamalu jerseys.

You 5 guys cheered for the 49ers all game and I just wanted to say thank you. If the Steelers end up in the the superbowl you better believe I will root for you guys.

I know it was probably more your hatred for the Ravens than any love for the 49ers. Still I really appreciate those 5 guys who screamed at the top of their lungs for our team despite not being a fan of my team. Good luck guys.

harrison'samonster
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
thanks for the comments!

SteelersCanada
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
BOO SAN FRAN.

Kidding. I can appreciate another storied franchise like the 49ers have. It's also refreshing to see another teams fan on acting with respect and posting something positive - be as active on here as you'd like!

Welcome to our boards.

EbonySteel86
03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
WE HATE THE RAVENS....WITH A PASSION!!!!

sluggermatt15
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, BayArea. I too appreciate and respect the storied franchises in the NFL, including the 49ers. Love their history, uniforms, and their fans deserve a winner for having to deal with losing and inconsistency prior to Harbaugh.

teegre
03-02-2013, 01:22 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my ally... for three hours.

(Thanks.)

Hawaii 5-0
03-02-2013, 01:34 AM
the San Francisco 49ers are the most popular NFL team here in Hawaii because of our proximity to the West Coast..

here's to a Steelers-49ers Super Bowl next season...:drink:

jacobo
03-02-2013, 01:57 AM
the San Francisco 49ers are the most popular NFL team here in Hawaii because of our proximity to the West Coast..

here's to a Steelers-49ers Super Bowl next season...:drink:

?

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/1/29/nfl2.png

Hawaii 5-0
03-02-2013, 02:59 AM
?

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/1/29/nfl2.png

maybe it was because the Steelers didn't make it to the playoffs while the 49ers made it all the way to the Super Bowl, but everywhere you went in Hawaii all you saw were 49ers jerseys...

Galax Steeler
03-02-2013, 06:52 AM
There are Steeler fans everywhere they are probably the biggest fan base anywhere.

Lokki
03-02-2013, 08:19 AM
There are Steeler fans everywhere they are probably the biggest fan base anywhere.

This. Steelers Nation is huge. I'm deep in the heart of Saints country, but I wear my Steelers gear with pride. I hear a lot of crap about it, and tons of Who Dat?s, but I remind them who the original Black and Gold is. :tt02:

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-02-2013, 10:13 AM
This. Steelers Nation is huge. I'm deep in the heart of Saints country, but I wear my Steelers gear with pride. I hear a lot of crap about it, and tons of Who Dat?s, but I remind them who the original Black and Gold is. :tt02:

Just say who dat team with 6 superbowls the steelers steelers steelers.

sluggermatt15
03-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Definitely one of the biggest. Dallas is pretty big, obviously, same with GB.

Fire Arians
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
at the sb party i was at, even other SF fans had to tell me to chill out haha. yeah we'll root hard against any team playing against the rats or patriots*

even if it means we get tied or past in sb wins, anybody but those 2 teams!

Fire Arians
03-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Definitely one of the biggest. Dallas is pretty big, obviously, same with GB.

dallas will become everybody's team again if they win another sb. in the mid 90's it was tough to even spot anyone wearing football gear that wasn't the cowboys (at least here in hawaii)

steeltheone
03-02-2013, 12:59 PM
We keep going 8-8 the fan base will appear MUCH smaller....It's easy to cheer a winner!

StainlessStill
03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
The way I saw it, sharing 6 titles is still TOPS in league history when counting LOMBARDI'S and is still a magnificent achievement. Some teams don't even own ONE. I was cheering my heart out for San Francisco, I really was. The 6 titles things meant absolutley nothing to me at all. We achieved, we came and we conquered it back in 2008 and we would of held that title for 5 years if San Fran was to match us. No problem with it whatsoever and a feat that has been matched before (we shared 5 with Dallas and San Fran for years. Hell, it took even US time to match them.)

In fact, years ago back in 2009 or so, I predicted a Steelers/9'ers Super Bowl coming up. Unfortunately, it was Baltimore who made it to have a crack at San Fran before us. Two legendary franchise's going at it like Steelers/49'ers would of been bigger then Steelers/Packers IMHO. More on the line when talking Lombardi's.

What I DO have a problem with is those frauds in Baltimore who caught lighting in a pan at the right time and just because of it, Baltimore now thinks they own everything entitled to a pig-skin and think they will now own us for future years to come when in reality, retaining your dominance is the thing that IMPRESS'S me most. The Steelers have won multiple championships and have remained dominant in big games over the years before the Ravens were even thought of so to see them think they own us and will continue to own us in the North has a bad taste in my mouth. Can't wait to see the target on their back and see them handle things when teams are coming at your throat at ANY week for the upcoming years. Perform THEN and we'll see and retain that dominance before thinking your the new big bad bully on the block.

Steelers5895
03-02-2013, 01:18 PM
wanted 49ers to lose so we can still be king of the mountain when it comes to super bowls. i dont have a hatred for any fan base or team regardless of the rivalry.

i think hating a team is ridiculous. the same as the a-hole at the games who like to drink and pick on the wimpiest fan of the opposing team while the loud mouth 6'4" 250 fan of the other team you decide to bond with. go figure.

StainlessStill
03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
wanted 49ers to lose so we can still be king of the mountain when it comes to super bowls. i dont have a hatred for any fan base or team regardless of the rivalry.

i think hating a team is ridiculous. the same as the a-hole at the games who like to drink and pick on the wimpiest fan of the opposing team while the loud mouth 6'4" 250 fan of the other team you decide to bond with. go figure.

Those types of people are the BEST. I love physicking them out. Honestly, I enjoy other teams fans. I love motioning over to them or them motioning over to me in friendly banter but I went to Cleveland and those fans were all up in me and my dads face and we just laughed our ass's off and shook their hands and saying "good luck today" as the Steelers went in for another score. Lost count how many times I was called a "SQUEELER" or "STOOLER" lmao. I just pump my fist, smile and laugh and say "that's hilarious, good luck today!" and the look on their faces are priceless.

Hell, back in the 2008 championship against the Ravens, Steelers fans were giving about a family of 6 Baltimore fans a hard time. I actually told them to knock it off. Limas Sweed dropped that long-ball and I got pissed so I probably turned to them with a "You're lucky, FUCK YOU" comment, lol. After the game I shook their hand with a good game and good luck next season type thing.

Steelers5895
03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
been to a dozens of steelers games and road games (i am from NJ). I have to say the Steelers fans are embarrassing. eagles fans will punch you in the face. steelers fans will yap yap yap at the 12 year old but say nothing to anyone who looks like a threat. not sure why though.

never could understand why any fan of any team would FIST FIGHT a fan from another team. Its not the like the organization says " hey man, thanks, great job sticking up for us and fighting that guy who roots for the opponent".

They do the opposite, they throw you in jail and say dont ever come back to our stadium.

the crowd is as entertaining as the games sometimes.

harrison'samonster
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
never could understand why any fan of any team would FIST FIGHT a fan from another team. Its not the like the organization says " hey man, thanks, great job sticking up for us and fighting that guy who roots for the opponent".

ha, that reminds me of high school football games. There's always kids (or men) who think the game is decided over the little fights that happen behind the bleachers or wherever. I've never figured that mentality out either.

JeromeBetties63
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
dallas will become everybody's team again if they win another sb. in the mid 90's it was tough to even spot anyone wearing football gear that wasn't the cowboys (at least here in hawaii)

I hate the Cowboys. Hate 'em. cowboys :monkey:

steeltheone
03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Screw the 9ers and any other team not located in Western Pa.

sluggermatt15
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM

Yeah that's where their fan base grew to what it is today - from those 90s teams that won the SB. All the fans jumped on the bandwagon.

We keep going 8-8 the fan base will appear MUCH smaller....It's easy to cheer a winner!

That may be true. At least it will show who the REAL Steelers fans are. :tt03:

The way I saw it, sharing 6 titles is still TOPS in league history when counting LOMBARDI'S and is still a magnificent achievement. Some teams don't even own ONE. I was cheering my heart out for San Francisco, I really was. The 6 titles things meant absolutley nothing to me at all. We achieved, we came and we conquered it back in 2008 and we would of held that title for 5 years if San Fran was to match us. No problem with it whatsoever and a feat that has been matched before (we shared 5 with Dallas and San Fran for years. Hell, it took even US time to match them.)

In fact, years ago back in 2009 or so, I predicted a Steelers/9'ers Super Bowl coming up. Unfortunately, it was Baltimore who made it to have a crack at San Fran before us. Two legendary franchise's going at it like Steelers/49'ers would of been bigger then Steelers/Packers IMHO. More on the line when talking Lombardi's.

What I DO have a problem with is those frauds in Baltimore who caught lighting in a pan at the right time and just because of it, Baltimore now thinks they own everything entitled to a pig-skin and think they will now own us for future years to come when in reality, retaining your dominance is the thing that IMPRESS'S me most. The Steelers have won multiple championships and have remained dominant in big games over the years before the Ravens were even thought of so to see them think they own us and will continue to own us in the North has a bad taste in my mouth. Can't wait to see the target on their back and see them handle things when teams are coming at your throat at ANY week for the upcoming years. Perform THEN and we'll see and retain that dominance before thinking your the new big bad bully on the block.

Well said in the last paragraph. Give Baltimore credit that they won the SB, but let's see what happens when they "defend" it. How will they respond to all the attention, having the bullseye on their backs as the "Defending Super Bowl Champions". If we beat them it'll be THAT much sweeter!

BayArea
03-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Well I hear you loud and clear. I just wanted to show some respect to your fanbase. I don't give a fuck what your motives were. I know you guys don't give a fuck about the 49ers. Just showing you a little love from one storied franchise to another. We got the fucking Seahawks (That is a bitch ass bird that eats turds out of the dump off the coast) in our division and believe me those no superbowl having bastards are some of the most annoying fucks on the planet. I imagine those annoying Ravens are the same way.

The_Joker
03-17-2013, 08:54 AM
My NFC team is the Redskins, but hey, good luck to y'all too. Fuck the Rats, now and forever!

lloydwoodson
03-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Well I hear you loud and clear. I just wanted to show some respect to your fanbase. I don't give a fuck what your motives were. I know you guys don't give a fuck about the 49ers. Just showing you a little love from one storied franchise to another. We got the fucking Seahawks (That is a bitch ass bird that eats turds out of the dump off the coast) in our division and believe me those no superbowl having bastards are some of the most annoying fucks on the planet. I imagine those annoying Ravens are the same way.

The Niners are a great francchise. If the Steelers don't win the Superbowl I want it to be the 49ers. I am a huge Steve Young fan- he is still my favourite all-time player. I watched the 9ers in the mid 90s because they were on the TV all the time what with me being on the west coast.

Good luck next year.

bornaSteelersfan
03-18-2013, 12:08 AM

I don't think any Steelers fan will disagree with you about The Seahawks. I was talking to a Seahawks fan just this week. When I said I am a Steelers fan, he said, "We think they are the S T E A L E R S (spelled it out) because they stole the SB." I said, "Well, at least you're not bitter about it." I don't like any NFL team named after a bird. Hell, in my book, The Ravens are still simply The Browns.

Hawaii 5-0
03-18-2013, 12:51 AM
I don't like any NFL team named after a bird. Hell, in my book, The Ravens are still simply The Browns.

I hate any NFL team named after a bird, the Cowgirls, the Patriots* and any team either named the Browns or that used to be the Browns...