PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens agree to new contract

Buddha Bus
03-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens agree to new contract
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: March 1, 2013 at 06:23 p.m.

It's official, Joe Flacco isn't going anywhere.

Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms with the quarterback. He's expected to sign the deal Monday.

The Ravens were prepared to franchise Flacco if a deal wasn't completed by the start of free agency. There was no way they would let him hit the open market.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported that Joe Flacco's deal is for six years and would make him the highest paid player in the NFL -- making it worth more than $120 million. The deal is expected to be finalized Sunday night or Monday morning. Flacco will be in Baltimore on Monday to sign the deal, according to Breer.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146312/article/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-agree-to-new-contract

__________________________________________________ ____________

I think this is good news for Steelers fans. Everyone forgets Flacco's struggles in the regular season this past year. They are only remembering his hot streak in the playoffs and Super Bowl. While it was a great run, I still think Flacco is a very inconsistent QB and not worthy of the biggest contract in NFL history (at least until the next one).

This locks the Ravens up long term to a QB who is not only up and down, but hurts their chances of re-signing other key veterans. They will have a hard time keeping Ed Reed, Paul Kruger, Danell Ellerbe, Vontae Leach, Anquan Boldin and others now. Some of their guys will be leaving via free agency because of this and that can only help the Steelers' chances of regaining the division.

Blackout
03-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Have fun in cap hell, Baltimore.

Buddha Bus
03-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Ooops! Just noticed this was already posted in the other Flacco thread. Delete away, mods!

TRH
03-02-2013, 12:00 PM
its actually bad news for Baltimore fans...

Way, Way, WAY too much money to give someone - especially a 'very good" QB, but not a great one. They will feel the pain elsewhere - and in a BIG way.
Actually this is good news for the rest of the division.

MasterOfPuppets
03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
This locks the Ravens up long term to a QB who is not only up and down, but hurts their chances of re-signing other key veterans. They will have a hard time keeping Ed Reed, Paul Kruger, Danell Ellerbe, Vontae Leach, Anquan Boldin and others now. Some of their guys will be leaving via free agency because of this and that can only help the Steelers' chances of regaining the division.
perhaps greedy joe can lead the rats in song to send off some of there better players...
n6RoOwSKI7M

Buddha Bus
03-02-2013, 04:35 PM
perhaps greedy joe can lead the rats in song to send off some of there better players...
n6RoOwSKI7M

Good lord, no! I couldn't stomach hearing that flat, emotionless, monotone voice attempting to "sing".

Just check out his electrifying performances in these commercials...

FtFbYt2yT6I

SWXta3RuApI

IngFcmD6fCI

I've seen inanimate corpses with more personality.

zcoop
03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Good lord, no! I couldn't stomach hearing that flat, emotionless, monotone voice attempting to "sing".

Just check out his electrifying performances in these commercials...

FtFbYt2yT6I

SWXta3RuApI

IngFcmD6fCI

I've seen inanimate corpses with more personality.

Too Funny! :sofunny:

mikegrimey
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
A. Rogers must be grinning and ecstatic, when he's up for a new deal, he has tons of leverage with the ravens making an admittedly good, but inconsistent QB the top paid player in the league.

GMU Steeler
03-03-2013, 01:17 AM
They're going to regret that. I contend that Flacco is an above average QB but he's a QB that needs a solid supporting cast around him. We shall see what happens though since Baltimore's scouting is good. One's thing is for sure though. Flacco got hot at the right time and it just made him a very wealthy man. I hope this ruins the Ravens.

dez09231
03-03-2013, 12:52 PM
They had to pay him. He's not worth anywhere near that, though.

Fire Haley
03-04-2013, 08:32 AM
120.6 mil over 6 years, 52 mil guaranteed.

$51M in first two years,

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer - The fourth-year cap hit of $29 million makes this, in essence, a 3-year deal for Flacco. That cap figure will need to be addressed in '16.

tony hipchest
03-04-2013, 07:57 PM
all things being said, flacco does come across as a good guy, who is likable, unlike that dochebag fukstick brady.

had we neve landed ben and continued the years of no superbowl wins, i woulda been satisfied if the steelers had landed flacco in the draft the year the ravens did.

he may not be great or a fantasy stud, but he certainly has the tools to direct the offens on a well run, SB calibur team (as proven in Feb).

JonM229
03-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Joe Flacco Celebrates New Deal With McDonald's Drive-Thru (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9017080/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-celebrates-new-deal-mcdonald-drive-thru)

A couple hours after Joe Flacco signed his new six-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens that made him the highest paid player by average annual value in NFL history, he pulled into a restaurant to celebrate.

Armed with a $29 million signing bonus and the promise of a total of $52 million guaranteed over the life of the contract, Flacco rolled down his window at the McDonald's drive-thru in Aberdeen, Md., after ordering a 10-piece McNugget meal, with fries and an unsweetened iced tea for $6.99.

Sherry Norman, a diehard Ravens fan, glanced at the profile of what she thought looked remarkably like the guy that had just signed a huge contract at the Ravens facility about 40 miles from the McDonald's and in the direction of Flacco's New Jersey home.

"I kept saying to the people I work with, 'Doesn't that look like Joe Flacco?,' " Norman said. "And then he turned towards the window and it was him."

Norman asked the customer if he was indeed the Ravens quarterback and when he confirmed he was, Norman asked to take a picture. Flacco obliged as Norman snapped the shot and thanked him for a great season.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg93/JonM229/joeflacco.jpg

The_Joker
03-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Hahaha, that's funny.

harrison'samonster
03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
10-piece McNugget meal, with fries and an unsweetened iced tea for $6.99. Good Lord, that's a lot of money!

JonM229
03-05-2013, 11:36 AM
10-piece McNugget meal, with fries and an unsweetened iced tea for $6.99. Good Lord, that's a lot of money!

That's why he needed such a big contract