PDA

View Full Version : Justin Hunter WR - Tenn

Steel95
03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE6GXID2dXk

Does anybody know anything on this kid? He sort of reminds me of a young Randy Moss without the BS.

harrison'samonster
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
could turn into a good NFL WR. I know I've seen his name on this board quite a bit and some people are pretty high on him. I think he would be more of a developmental player just from reading about him.

I don't follow college football so other than watching his highlights and reading the analysis on him I can't really say.

pczach
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Here's some info.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/justin-hunter?id=2540151

I really like this kid. I think he has a huge upside. He may be the better pro over his more highly regarded teammate Cordarrelle Patterson.

Hawaii 5-0
03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I love Justin Hunter, the knock against him is that he tore his ACL during the 2011 season so he poses a bit of a medical risk.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Scouts will say his hands are inconsistent at times and that he doesn't use his height to his advantage at times ( getting the ball at his highest point ) but that's all nik picking.

I like the kid, should be a good nfl player. The biggest question you need to think about when looking at wr is will they fit in Haley's system.

cowherpower
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Here's some info.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/justin-hunter?id=2540151

I really like this kid. I think he has a huge upside. He may be the better pro over his more highly regarded teammate Cordarrelle Patterson.

And yet it was Hunter who was the bigger recruit and highly thought of until this past season. Maybe he falls to us in 2nd? I wasn't impressed with Cordarrelle at combine but scouts love him. We can afford more of a project that could come in for three wides with Brown and Sanders. Why not?

pczach
03-06-2013, 05:07 AM
And yet it was Hunter who was the bigger recruit and highly thought of until this past season. Maybe he falls to us in 2nd? I wasn't impressed with Cordarrelle at combine but scouts love him. We can afford more of a project that could come in for three wides with Brown and Sanders. Why not?

Hunter is smooth and natural. His speed is deceptive because of this. Patterson is extememly athletic and fast, but robotic at times. He will get better, but has to smooth out his game. Both of these guys are big, fast and can jump. Before the knee injury, Hunter had the much better hands, and he's a more natural hands catcher to my eye.

VaDave
03-06-2013, 05:55 AM
I love Justin Hunter, the knock against him is that he tore his ACL during the 2011 season so he poses a bit of a medical risk.

Hines played his entire career with a non-functioning ACL..... what we need to know on this kid is if the knee is stable.

wwhickok
03-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Ill be honest...I think Justin Hunter is the best WR in this draft. He is the one guy I want more than Vacarro/Elam.

Steelerindc
03-06-2013, 06:49 AM
I liked the video, seems like an interesting prospect. I also liked the quarterback, seemed like he has a big arm and can make some good throws.

austinfrench76
03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Looks good. Would love to see him fall to us in the 2nd...

Hawaii 5-0
03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Looks good. Would love to see him fall to us in the 2nd...

Todd McShay has Hunter going to the Houston Texans in the first round in his latest mock draft:

Pick Team Pick

1 Kansas City Chiefs Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
3 Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4 Philadelphia Eagles Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6 Cleveland Browns Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
7 Arizona Cardinals Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
8 Buffalo Bills Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
9 NY Jets Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU
10 Tennessee Titans Johnathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
11 San Diego Chargers Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
12 Miami Dolphins Keenan Allen, WR, California
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
14 Carolina Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15 New Orleans Saints Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
16 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17 Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18 Dallas Cowboys Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
19 NY Giants Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
20 Chicago Bears Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
21 Cincinnati Bengals D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
22 St Louis Rams (from WAS) Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
23 Minnesota Vikings Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
24 Indianapolis Colts Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
25 Seattle Seahawks Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
26 Green Bay Packers John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
27 Houston Texans Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
28 Denver Broncos Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
29 New England Patriots Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
30 Atlanta Falcons Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
31 San Francisco 49ers Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
32 Baltimore Ravens Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/3/6/4071778/todd-mcshays-2013-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-defense-dominants

pczach
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
As soon as he ran that 4.42 forty, I had a feeling this might happen. I was selfishly hoping for a 4.6 or slower time. A 6' 4" 200lb receiver and former high jump champion with 4.4 speed starts to attract a lot of attention.

hammy36
03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm fortunate enough to play in an awesomely organized NCAA fantasy league. I was able to draft Hunter in 2011 so I'm somewhat familiar with him. The kid has all the skills, I believe, to be a number 1. Before he tore his knee he was nearly unstoppable. It's a keeper league so I left him on my roster, hurt, so I could have him last year as well. Patterson definitely ate in to his stats but he still had a pretty decent year. I'd love to see him in the black and gold.

pczach
03-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I don't think the Steelers will draft a WR with the 17th pick. I would love to see them move down with the 17th, and get 2 picks in the first 45 or so.

pete74
03-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I really like Hunter. He has height and speed. He tore his ACL in 2011 but anyone who watched him can see how much better he got last year as the season went on. He had to monster games. I would love to grab him in the 2nd but I doubt he will be there.