PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: Injuries damaged my confidence

Vis
03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) went 1-3 last season after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile) returned from injuries to his arm and chest. Late-game interceptions against the Dallas Cowboys (http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/profile?team=DAL) and Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/cincinnatibengals/profile?team=CIN) ultimately led directly to losses that sunk the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT)' playoff chances.

For the first time, Big Ben (http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile) admitted that injuries (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/big-ben-upbeat-despite-changes-in-steelers-lineup-678079/#ixzz2MlfBdAk6) directly led to his struggles.
<table align="right" width="260px"> <tbody> <tr> <td>

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> "Sometimes, certain passes just weren't right. I didn't trust myself to get enough zip on it to throw it out there. I tried to guide it too much instead of just throw it," Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "But that's making excuses ... I'll be better, health-wise."

Roethlisberger was having an excellent season before the injuries. The Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) wanted to help him avoid more hits and he was playing smart football overall during a 6-3 start to the year. Roethlisberger said he was getting healthier as the season ended and was able to start working out earlier than usual this offseason.

Even with wide receiver Mike Wallace (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146750/article/free-agency-primer-ranking-the-wide-receivers) and some other veterans likely set to leave town, Roethlisberger echoes what Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) general manager Kevin Colbert told Around The League at the NFL Scouting Combine (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000143271/article/kevin-colbert-pittsburgh-steelers-arent-in-transition): They don't see the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) as a rebuilding team.

"I don't want to say it's a transition phase because I feel like I'm still here and ready to rock and roll. I feel healthier, better. I feel like I'm in my prime and ready to play great football," Roethlisberger said. "And I feel that we've got guys around here who feel the same way."

We tend to agree. As long as Roethlisberger is healthy, Mike Tomlin (http://www.nfl.com/player/miketomlin/2527518/profile) is the coach and Kevin Colbert is the GM, we expect the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) to contend every season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147315/article/ben-roethlisberger-injuries-damaged-my-confidence

OX1947
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Getting kicked in the nuts damaged my balls. Just sayin.

SteelBlaze1
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
He is just saying we all knew. I know we don't like to use injuries as an excuse, but come on, we all knew when Ben got hurt the season was over.

Here is to a season of good health and a Super Bowl run!!

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
sounds like he's done playing with the baby and wants to play football again

austinfrench76
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Health will determine the fate of every season. Just hope BB is healthy this year and we get our shot. Feels right this year though!

DoctorCAD
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote..."As long as Roethlisberger is healthy, Mike Tomlin is the coach and Kevin Colbert is the GM, we expect the Steelers to contend every season."

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

VaDave
03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't think he's damaged my confidence, but he sure put a hit on some ladies Buick.......

Hawaii 5-0
03-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t think Steelers are in transition

Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2013

The Steelers could be saying goodbye to wide receiver Mike Wallace, cornerback Keenan Lewis and others in the next few weeks, continuing the trend of the last few seasons that finds longtime members of the team giving way to new faces.

Despite that, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t think that the team is in decline or in transition. He thinks the front office will find quality players to plug into any open spots and he believes that the way last season ended will serve as inspiration for better results this time around.

“I don’t want to say it’s a transition phase because I feel like I’m still here and ready to rock and roll. I feel healthier, better. I feel like I’m in my prime and ready to play great football. And I feel that we’ve got guys around here who feel the same way,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. ”I think the frustration from last year will be motivation for guys who are back again.”

Roethlisberger might not feel that way, but the Steelers have been in a transition phase in the last couple of years. Players and coaches who played key roles have moved on and the team is still replacing some of the leading lights from a very prosperous decade-plus of football. Transition doesn’t automatically mean decline, though, so it’s not like Roethlisberger should be resigning himself to a losing season or expecting anything other than the rebound he expects from his team in 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/ben-roethlisberger-doesnt-think-steelers-are-in-transition/

scottcurtis
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Excuses and selfishness. He gave the Bengals all the points they needed to win. This guy puts himself first and foremost on and off the field.

Vis
03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Excuses and selfishness. He gave the Bengals all the points they needed to win. This guy puts himself first and foremost on and off the field.

I posted this thread just for you

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 04:08 PM

thank god you've found this thread

scottcurtis
03-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I posted this thread just for you

Thx Vis.... but seriously... you know your hurt and cant make the throws and come back ? He only came back after Batch beat the Ravens...he is so selfish he cant stand seeing the team win with anyone else at QB!!! Then his diehard fans cant say...no other QB can win behind that line !

tony hipchest
03-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Thx Vis.... but seriously... you know your hurt and cant make the throws and come back ? He only came back after Batch beat the Ravens...he is so selfish he cant stand seeing the team win with anyone else at QB!!! Then his diehard fans cant say...no other QB can win behind that line !

you are full of shit.

MACH1
03-06-2013, 04:24 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/dogbert.gif

vasteeler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jJWGxcgFU

PhantomJB93
I believe him just because we all saw how great he was playing before the injury and when he came back all of a sudden his decision-making was horrible. But to most people that aren't Steeler fans this just sounds like him making excuses.

vasteeler
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jJWGxcgFU

video fail:doh:

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Scott Curtis isn't saying anything that isn't true. He just gets carried away. I value his contributions.

The main reason Roethlisberger avoids Whisenhunt is because Whisenhunt remarked that injuries shake Roethlisberger's confidence. Now Ben is confirming the remarks Whisenhunt made... go figure.

tony hipchest
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Scott Curtis isn't saying anything that isn't true..actually, he is and anyone who believes everything scottcurtis says as truth and fact has got some issues that need to be dealt with while lying on a couch.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Scott Curtis isn't saying anything that isn't true. He just gets carried away. I value his contributions.

The main reason Roethlisberger avoids Whisenhunt is because Whisenhunt remarked that injuries shake Roethlisberger's confidence. Now Ben is confirming the remarks Whisenhunt made... go figure.

do you then agree with Scrotis that Ben is so selfish he can't stand seeing the team win with anybody else at QB. Do you agree also that Ben has raped two women?

I think scrotis is full of shit and I only value his contributions on an entertainment purpose.

fer522
03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Ben has played 1 full season in 8 year hopefully this will be his second

sloppyjoe
03-06-2013, 04:53 PM
as much as i like ben i wish he would just STFU and produce on the field. everytime this guy opens his mouth he makes up an excuse. the guy hasnt beed clutch in 3 years.

pczach
03-06-2013, 04:57 PM
as much as i like ben i wish he would just STFU and produce on the field. everytime this guy opens his mouth he makes up an excuse. the guy hasnt beed clutch in 3 years.

I guess he forgot how...

FrancoLambert
03-06-2013, 05:21 PM
I hope he ditches the glove on his throwing hand.

tony hipchest
03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
i hope he wears the bionic glove more often. :hunch:

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 07:18 PM
how much bonus money did Ben pocket in the restructure deal?

steelfury02
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
it was the ownership's fault

it was Todd Haley's fault

It was the TOP's fault

The injury played no part

This is all some sort of sick joke by Marty Schotty

Ben had to come bail them all out

Marty

Marty ball

Fossil

:coffee:

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
do you then agree with Scrotis that Ben is so selfish he can't stand seeing the team win with anybody else at QB. Do you agree also that Ben has raped two women?

I think scrotis is full of shit and I only value his contributions on an entertainment purpose.

Yes, I think Ben wants to be praised as the saviour and leader of the Steelers first and foremost. In his own words after Ben won the Superbowl he "felt that he was Superman" and got a huge ego.

He has admitted as much.

I think Ben was happy for Batch when Batch beat the Ravens.

Obviously Ben has raped women. You would have to be a complete idiot not to admit that to yourself. Name me another NFL player who has multiple rape accusations against them. I have some friends that have been accused of physical assault multiple times... guess what... they did it.

Ben is great on the field. I would rather not hear anything about what he does off the field and I do my best to ignore what a complete prick he is. I don't have to interact with Ben on a daily basis... just watch him on TV for a few hours on Sundays so I could really care less about what he does off the field. If Ben left the team then the good guys like Heath and Troy who are solid human beings would end up playing for a mediocre franchise and it wouldn't be fair to them.

I am very happy to have Roethlisberger as the Steelers quarterback but I don't lie to myself and pretend he doesn't get a little bit rapey when he drinks. It is what it is. Hey ladies... stay away from the guy in the Devil T-shirt who has a harem of co-eds in a roped off private room OK? If you visit Dracula's castle you're probably going to get bit.

steelfury02
03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, I think Ben wants to be praised as the saviour and leader of the Steelers first and foremost. In his own words after Ben won the Superbowl he "felt that he was Superman" and got a huge ego.

He has admitted as much.

Obviously Ben has raped women. You would have to be a complete idiot not to admit that to yourself. Name me another NFL player who has multiple rape accusations against them. I have some friends that have been accused of physical assault multiple times... guess what... they did it.

Ben is great on the field. I would rather not hear anything about what he does off the field and I do my best to ignore what a complete prick he is. I don't have to interact with Ben on a daily basis... just watch him on TV for a few hours on Sundays so I could really care less about what he does off the field. If Ben left the team then the good guys like Heath and Troy who are solid human beings would end up playing for a mediocre franchise and it wouldn't be fair to them.

I am very happy to have Roethlisberger as the Steelers quarterback but I don't lie to myself and pretend he doesn't get a little bit rapey when he drinks. It is what it is. Hey ladies... stay away from the guy in the Devil T-shirt who has a harem of co-eds in a roped off private room OK? If you visit Dracula's castle you're probably going to get bit.

I just spit up at your Dracula's castle remark - hilarious my man

it is a big male celebrity thing to do - doesn't make it any less creepy. People would burn me at the stake if I said Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis roped off a section at a club, sent body guards down to ask girls if they want to come up to their private room, while their boyfriend is standing right there when they're asking. But you know something, that actually happened on multiple occasions. Ben just happens to be a 2x winning SB QB so he's got a bigger dollar sign above his head when a girl decides she doesn't want to after all.

"But he's married and has a kid now" Every jerk yinzer that uses that line were the first in line begging for a trade to siberia when people were speculating the legal hammer was about to fall on Ben. Way to hedge your bets Steelers fans

That said - give em hell on the field Ben lol

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 09:30 PM

He has admitted as much.

If I believed that he raped women I would be disgusted that he was still on the team, but apparently you feel differently. Got to say I'm a bit surprised.

EDIT: I mean, say what you will about Scrotis' lack of understanding about the legal system, at least he has the proper reaction to his imaginary guilty verdict

VaDave
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM

He has admitted as much.

Obviously Ben has raped women. You would have to be a complete idiot not to admit that to yourself. .

And so is the entire criminal justice system of the state of Georgia? Yep they must all be idiots, and your a genius....

SteelersCanada
03-06-2013, 09:52 PM

I don't mean to be argumentative, but are your friends worth 100 million dollars? It's not a coincidence that these women cried rape when they realized who Ben was. Here's the simple fact of the matter - he didn't have to rape anyone. These guys have women throwing themselves at them every single time they go anywhere, let alone into a bar with drunk college chicks.

Chick sees Ben -> Realized what Ben is worth -> Cries rape for $ -> Settlement out of court. If they had a legitimate case against Roethlisberger, it would've been settled in a court of law and not outside. Something tells me the defense had something on these women (like, for example, bragging about having consensual sex with Roethlisberger to a coworker on multiple occasions) and realized they didn't have a case against him.

I can't name you anyone that has multiple sexual assault and/or rape accusations against them, but I can give you both Mark Sanchez and Michael Crabtree whom were both accused of sexual assault and nothing came of either of those charges. In fact, Sanchez was accused of having sex with a minor which would make him a sex offender and have to register as such. Those are just two that jump to mind and I'm sure if I did any research I could give you multiple names. I'm sure some are guilty but I'd be confident in saying most aren't. There's a reason why these cases get settled or thrown out - it's women that are trying to make money off of a successful athlete.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't mean to be argumentative, but are your friends worth 100 million dollars? It's not a coincidence that these women cried rape when they realized who Ben was. Here's the simple fact of the matter - he didn't have to rape anyone. These guys have women throwing themselves at them every single time they go anywhere, let alone into a bar with drunk college chicks.

Chick sees Ben -> Realized what Ben is worth -> Cries rape for $ -> Settlement out of court. If they had a legitimate case against Roethlisberger, it would've been settled in a court of law and not outside. Something tells me the defense had something on these women (like, for example, bragging about having consensual sex with Roethlisberger to a coworker on multiple occasions) and realized they didn't have a case against him.

I can't name you anyone that has multiple sexual assault and/or rape accusations against them, but I can give you both Mark Sanchez and Michael Crabtree whom were both accused of sexual assault and nothing came of either of those charges. In fact, Sanchez was accused of having sex with a minor which would make him a sex offender and have to register as such. Those are just two that jump to mind and I'm sure if I did any research I could give you multiple names. I'm sure some are guilty but I'd be confident in saying most aren't. There's a reason why these cases get settled or thrown out - it's women that are trying to make money off of a successful athlete.

Exactly, I've said something along those lines in another thread.

Riddle_Of_Steel
03-06-2013, 10:42 PM

I don't know, man. I look at the circumstances of both accusations as being very questionable at best, and hard to believe at worst.

You have the one girl, who got caught red-handed afterwards bragging about the "rape" to her coworkers in emails which were presented in court. It was also reported that she stole Ben's contact info from the Harrah's customer database (a business ethics violation) because she tried to engineer an "accidental run-in" with Ben in Pittsburgh to see if he would marry her (she was bragging at the time that she thought she was carrying a "little Ben").

Throw in the fact that her emotional counseling for the "rape" was actually for her fictitious online relationship with a married Marine in Iraq, and that she waited a year before making any formal accusation, and her case rapidly becomes beaten and tattered.....

Then, you have the second girl, who followed Ben from bar to bar that night like a lost puppy dog, often pinching him on the arm to get his attention, as he was reportedly ignoring them earlier in the evening. Her and her sorority sisters invited him multiple times to come back to their house for a "private party", to which he declined as a "LWTH" (lawsuit waiting to happen-- apparently he was still sober at that point).

Later, she claims rape, just after swallowing all the evidence-- a necessarily consensual act (unless the perp has a gun to your mother's head or something, most girls will bite).

I do think Ben needs to pick his watering holes more prudently, but the only thing he raped is the Browns' secondary twice a year.

I find it far more likely that a few women copy-catted each other, knowing that with each successive accusation, his innocence becomes harder to defend, and the likelihood they can secure a ransome gets better.

scottcurtis
03-06-2013, 10:55 PM

It's obvious you are as much in denial as Ben is. Thats fine. You can support a rapist all you want. Not only was he accused twice but he settled out of court. I dont care how much money I had or what it looked like, I would have went to court and made this "crazy" bitch as people want to label her look like a "crazy" bitch ! Just like he said he would do ,but he didnt because HE RAPED HER.

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 10:59 PM
And so is the entire criminal justice system of the state of Georgia? Yep they must all be idiots, and your a genius....

you're a genius*

OJ Simpson wasn't convicted in criminal court but was convicted in civil court to the tune of 33.5 million dollars. I think he did it regardless of what the state of California says.

Sometimes when you do a bad thing you can pay to make it go away... or in OJ's case fail to make payments and resort to armed robbery to finance your legal woes.

This thread is just like every other thread... Roethlisberger gets called out immediately other players are thrown under the bus. It happens every time. "But... but... but... Bettis and Ward do it too." Yeah? How come they never got hit with sexual assault allegations? Not even once. Hmm. Weird. Explanation please? Does anyone think there is a single virgin on the Pittsburgh Steelers? I don't. How many are on a roster in training camp? 80? I haven't heard anyone else have the same allegations against them. Hmm. Weird.

Grow up. You aren't 8 years old and Ben should not be your idol. This game is a business. Ben does the job better than anyone else available. Period. If ScottCurtis wants to talk trash about Ben let him. He isn't hurting anyone... now if ScottCurtis was out at the bar banging co-eds in bathroom stalls under questionable circumstances I would understand the upstanding members of this board taking issue with his reprehensible conduct.

As it stands, I would rather defend ScottCurtis' freedom of speech than the reputation of a 3 time alleged rapist. But that's just me.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Bettis was accused of rape in 2002

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com/2008/09/flashback-no-one-is-immune-from-false.html

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow. You need to face facts... Ben is not going to be in the same kind of trouble again. His behaviour has shown what kind of a man he is. He is an asshole. Guess what? A lot of NFL players are assholes. I could care less. It is none of my business what other men do as long as it doesn't affect me or mine. I don't have the energy to throw on a cape and crusade around defending people that are too dumb to protect themselves.

I think it's funny that everyone thinks these women know who Roethlisberger is. I always ask women a question after they tell me their favourite team.

"I'm a Packers fan." They say.

"Oh really? Yeah, their tight end is really good. I forget his name. What's his name again?" I say.

"I don't know. I mostly like their uniforms." They say.

(This was an actual conversation I had with a woman and this comment is not directed at the extremely knowledgeable ladies that actually frequent this site so please don't tear me a new one:wink02:)

And ScottCurtis, there are people like me who know Roethlisberger is an asshole and don't care, and there is the majority who delude themselves into thinking Roethlisberger is a humanitarian who should be known for his charity work. Either way you are wasting your time griping about Roethlisberger. Nobody wants to hear about the ugly past. That's life. People move on and you should too.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
what a lovely pair of friends Lloydwoodson and Scrotis make. One alleges that accusations make a person guilty and insists that Ben is scum, and the other agrees that Ben is obviously guilty and is still a great person because he's the QB of his favorite team.

teegre
03-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Wait, wait, wait... a thread about BB turned into a discussion about rape???

Odd.

Next, you'll be telling me that this thread will turn into a discussion about Wallace's speed versus Wallace's drops versus Wallace's greediness versus his Wallace's TDs...

SUMMATION
Mike Wallace.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 11:32 PM

Odd.

Next, you'll be telling me that this thread will turn into a discussion about Wallace's speed versus Wallace's drops versus Wallace's greediness versus his Wallace's TDs...

SUMMATION
Mike Wallace.

thanks for getting to the point we were all working towards. You just saved us from 10 more pages of back-and-forth that would have gotten nauseating.

SteelersCanada
03-06-2013, 11:43 PM

Odd.

SUMMATION
Mike Wallace.

Welcome to an 8-8 offseason, Teegre.

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
what a lovely pair of friends Lloydwoodson and Scrotis make. One alleges that accusations make a person guilty and insists that Ben is scum, and the other agrees that Ben is obviously guilty and is still a great person because he's the QB of his favorite team.

The woman who accused Bettis was tried for Fraud after she racked up 80 grand in credit card debt then filed for bankruptcy.

You are a chauvinist pig. I am physically ill listening to you diminish the claims of an innocent college girl who never had been in any trouble in her life by comparing her to a known con artist and criminal. Bettis' accuser was shown to be a complete fraud under the slightest examination. There is no parallel at all whatsoever between the two incidents and there is absolutely no doubt that Bettis was innocent of all charges.

You are a detriment to the male gender. I pray that you have limited contact with women because you clearly objectify them. To you they are mere objects seeking a payday. Your attitude belongs in the 1950s.

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Honestly, I think Scott Curtis is hilarious and we would probably be friends. I like the old-timer who pays for his God damn seats, and the God damn gas for his RV and has paid the price to give you a piece of his God damn mind. I show respect to my elders. Curtis has seen much of the world and he is wise. I think everyone here could learn a little bit from his unique perspective.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 11:51 PM
The woman who accused Bettis was tried for Fraud after she racked up 80 grand in credit card debt then filed for bankruptcy.

You are a chauvinist pig. I am physically ill listening to you diminish the claims of an innocent college girl who never had been in any trouble in her life by comparing her to a known con artist and criminal. Bettis' accuser was shown to be a complete fraud under the slightest examination. There is no parallel at all whatsoever between the two incidents and there is absolutely no doubt that Bettis was innocent of all charges.

You are a detriment to the male gender. I pray that you have limited contact with women because you clearly objectify them. To you they are mere objects seeking a payday. Your attitude belongs in the 1950s.

you're the one who's stated that Roethlisberger has obviously raped women and you don't care because he's great on the field. You have stated that you don't care that these women have been raped as long as it doesn't happen to you and yours'.

So go shove it up your ass.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Honestly, I think Scott Curtis is hilarious and we would probably be friends. I like the old-timer who pays for his God damn seats, and the God damn gas for his RV and has paid the price to give you a piece of his God damn mind. I show respect to my elders. Curtis has seen much of the world and he is wise. I think everyone here could learn a little bit from his unique perspective.

I would be surprised if he thought much of you. You're the only one who will go along with his insisting that Ben is guilty, but unlike him, you're perfectly fine with it.

SteelersCanada
03-06-2013, 11:53 PM

Are you legitimately upset with Harrison or is there a joke I'm missing here? Are you two just dickin' around? I'm so confused.

teegre
03-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Are you legitimately upset with Harrison or is there a joke I'm missing here? Are you two just dickin' around? I'm so confused.

Look at his sig.

lloydwoodson
03-06-2013, 11:58 PM

Yeah... I could care less about any of this. But I'm not gonna let Scrotis go solo vs the entire message board. I don't mind playing the Devil's advocate.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ivoemb.jpg

Harrison's I crossed a line there. I was being facetious. I don't think you're a bad person. Thanks for that link. I didn't know Bettis had been accused.

harrison'samonster
03-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah... I could care less about any of this. But I'm not gonna let Scrotis go solo vs the entire message board. I don't mind playing the Devil's advocate.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ivoemb.jpg

Harrison's I crossed a line there. I was being facetious. I don't think you're a bad person. Thanks for that link. I didn't know Bettis had been accused.

apology accepted Sorry I told you to shove it. :drink:

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Look at his sig.

You must think that Lance Alworth and Steve Largent should be switched.

SteelersCanada
03-07-2013, 12:02 AM

Ok because I was about to say Harrison's a good dude and the personal attacks were a little bit offside. Anyway, let's put this shit behind all of us.

A little bit more on topic (which is sad because this started out as a good Ben Roethlisberger thread) how many of the girls in that picture do you think want Ben's D? I'd be willing to say all of them.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 12:02 AM

Haha no worries Bro. I enjoy a heated exchange... especially if we can grab a few beers to cool down. :drink:

teegre
03-07-2013, 12:07 AM
You must think that Lance Alworth and Steve Largent should be switched.

Touché.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Ok because I was about to say Harrison's a good dude and the personal attacks were a little bit offside. Anyway, let's put this shit behind all of us.

A little bit more on topic (which is sad because this started out as a good Ben Roethlisberger thread) how many of the girls in that picture do you think want Ben's D? I'd be willing to say all of them.

I don't think there is a good off-season Ben thread. Lol.

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 12:13 AM

the answer is none of them .unless there in to double chin fat guys. Thats why he had to rape.

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 12:14 AM
By the way , i wasnt the one who turned this into a rape thread ! Some other ass hat did.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Honestly ScottCurtis is the second funniest poster on this board only to Blaze. Not sure why everyone can't see that. He is comedy gold.

Bane
03-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Because humor we're getting from his posts isn't what he intended.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 12:21 AM
By the way , i wasnt the one who turned this into a rape thread ! Some other ass hat did.

Ahaha. "Some other ass hat did" would indicate that you consider yourself to also be an asshat. Otherwise you would have said "Some asshat did."

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Because humor we're getting from his posts isn't what he intended.

Yes, the fire rises !

Bane
03-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Yes, the fire rises !

If this is an attempt to get me to quote lines from The Dark Knight Rises back to you, it's not gonna work.

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 12:28 AM
If this is an attempt to get me to quote lines from The Dark Knight Rises back to you, it's not gonna work.

I could give 2 shits less what you think !

tony hipchest
03-07-2013, 01:10 AM

way to handle things maturely, amicably, and on your own fellas! :thumbsup:

no need for a heavy handed mod to step in and try to rectify a situation that can easilly be rectified by itself.

although i must say, i have been a mod here for a while and a member for MUCH longer...

the above quotes are a rare occurence. bravo. :hatsoff:

:drink:

now can we all just get back to telling scottcurtis what a dumbass he is? :laughing:

:wink02:

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 01:16 AM
I want to meet ScottCurtis in person and produce a reality tv show that follows him to Steelers games. He would spew Ben-hate in between telling us how it was in the good old days. I am a Curtis fan. I think others might watch.

Bane
03-07-2013, 01:30 AM
His jersey number can be an upside-down zero.

VaDave
03-07-2013, 08:51 AM
you're a genius*

OJ Simpson wasn't convicted in criminal court but was convicted in civil court to the tune of 33.5 million dollars. I think he did it regardless of what the state of California says.

Sometimes when you do a bad thing you can pay to make it go away... or in OJ's case fail to make payments and resort to armed robbery to finance your legal woes.

This thread is just like every other thread... Roethlisberger gets called out immediately other players are thrown under the bus. It happens every time. "But... but... but... Bettis and Ward do it too." Yeah? How come they never got hit with sexual assault allegations? Not even once. Hmm. Weird. Explanation please? Does anyone think there is a single virgin on the Pittsburgh Steelers? I don't. How many are on a roster in training camp? 80? I haven't heard anyone else have the same allegations against them. Hmm. Weird.

Grow up. You aren't 8 years old and Ben should not be your idol. This game is a business. Ben does the job better than anyone else available. Period. If ScottCurtis wants to talk trash about Ben let him. He isn't hurting anyone... now if ScottCurtis was out at the bar banging co-eds in bathroom stalls under questionable circumstances I would understand the upstanding members of this board taking issue with his reprehensible conduct.

As it stands, I would rather defend ScottCurtis' freedom of speech than the reputation of a 3 time alleged rapist. But that's just me.

Woody

You can't compare this incident to the OJ situation. That is absurd. ( BTW, nobody ever said what OJ's kid was up to that night, who would have a multiple reasons for doing Nicole in, not to mention smaller hands than dads... just saying).

The fact is, there was no evidence in Bens case that anything occurred. In Simpson case, there was a glove, a corps,e and a reasonable motive, and charges were filed. With Ben, there was nothing. ZIppo. Zilch.

In Bens case, just words from a delusional woman with some mental issues, and a girl that was so drunk, she didn't know what happened. BTW, she said on numerous occasions, and sober, it was vaginal sex, not oral sex, while she was sitting on a toilet ( video of interview by Ass't DA). Unless Ben is called Big Ben for another reason, the act is virtually impossible..

Don't believe me, go into your bathroom and think about it. Now think about it in a bathroom in a college bar at 2:30 in the morning.....

Not only is the whole episode so far fetched as described, denial # 1, the criminal system could even find enough of anything that they could even bring a charge against him with, denial # 2, a father that wouldn't even stand behind his on daughter in a civil suit against Ben, denial # 3, discounting all of that, and instead taking it for granted that rape had to of occurred because somebody said so, is mind boggling to say the least.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah Dave, I really don't care. Good points though. Thanks for a trip down memory lane back to 94. I really miss those Ford Broncos.

steelfury02
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Roethlisberger's got a thing for blondes or Artie is meddling, making him go after blondes. He needs to date brunettes - the blondes are holding him back.

VaDave
03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah Dave, I really don't care. Good points though. Thanks for a trip down memory lane back to 94. I really miss those Ford Broncos.

LOL!! I was in Westwood watching the helo's in the sky following the Goldmans heading to the courtroom the night the OJ verdict came in, and was spending the week in training at the tower where Barry Scheck had his office in Century City. Needless to say, it was hard to avoid the subject.

As for Ben, this little part of history belongs with Spygate,, the Black Sox scandal, others, and long forgotten. Unfortunately, when you got somebody, obviously unhinged, dredging it up, every five minutes, it bears a response.

BTW, I had a couple of those Broncos. Nice ride but the fuel economy was horrible.

Take care.

nikstar
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I am so sick of seeing people, especially on this forum, a STEELER forum, saying that Ben "obviously" raped 2 girls. He did not rape anyone, it couldn't even be proven that he actually had sex with both of the women, rape tests all came back negative. If anyone had raped someone don't you think that the victim would immediately get to a phone and call 911? Never happened, instead there is a clearly painted picture where Ben "hooked up" with 2 women in someway, in 2 seperate instances, probably wasn't quite a gentleman to them. Then it took hours to days later when they figured out "hey, that asshole who I hooked up, who happens to be a superbowl winning quarterback for one of the biggest sport franchises on the planet has a lot of money and probably wouldn't wan't a sexual assault case against them to go public, my ****tiness has resulted in riches!" This type of thing happens all the time in big business, and all the time in sports. If you were the CEO of a multi million dollar asset and someone had sexual contact with you, don't think for a second that the thought of a sexual assault lawsuit wouldn't cross their mind.

Was Ben probably a huge jackass to a pair of women? Yes. I am not making excuses for him but he was young, very successful and immature. He has since matured a lot and I'm hoping his incredibly intelligent wife and young child can attest to that.

Did Ben have sexual relations with that women? Yes. Something happened in that hotel room, and something happened in that bathroom. But are we really to believe that Ben forced himself on anyone? Ben was suspended officially I believe for being involved in buying a drink for a minor. That's what he did, he (not alone, with his teammates) got a young girl drunk on his birthday with the intention to hook up with them. Not an honorable thing by any means, but definitely not something uncommon. Probably the reason why a bunch of us were born in the first place.

Was Ben unethical? Clearly

Did Ben rape anyone? Without a doubt, no.

If Steeler fans don't stand up for Big Ben, who will?

Protect your quarterack

TheVet
03-07-2013, 05:02 PM
way to handle things maturely, amicably, and on your own fellas! :thumbsup:

no need for a heavy handed mod to step in and try to rectify a situation that can easilly be rectified by itself.

although i must say, i have been a mod here for a while and a member for MUCH longer...

the above quotes are a rare occurence. bravo. :hatsoff:

:drink:

Yeah I don't think I've ever witnessed something like this on an internet forum. Good job!

Twentyvalve
03-07-2013, 07:03 PM
So accusations are ground for conviction? Where is your proof? Produce proof, and I will believe what I see. He settled our of court on only once case I think, nothing became of the other. Many celebrities do this as it is cheaper in the long run. And, it puts the event behind them.

How about I accuse you of something. That would make you guilty, no evidence needed. It seems the opinion of some random guy on a football forum is enough to convict.

I don't know you personally, and I did not mean to attack you in my reply, I just wanted to make a point. Every shred of evidence points to his innocence. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Anyway, Ben does not care what you or I think.

It's obvious you are as much in denial as Ben is. Thats fine. You can support a rapist all you want. Not only was he accused twice but he settled out of court. I dont care how much money I had or what it looked like, I would have went to court and made this "crazy" bitch as people want to label her look like a "crazy" bitch ! Just like he said he would do ,but he didnt because HE RAPED HER.

steelfury02
03-07-2013, 07:16 PM
if it was a normal every day Joe, he would be guilty in just about everyone's court of public opinion

just sayin

don't assume one way or another - either way, its pretty sad that you're making millions of dollars and feel the need to go "clubbin"

plenty of high class escorts willing to keep a wealthy man happy - I just don't get it myself

but yea, he's innocent until proven guilty and he wasn't found to be - heck, never go that close so can we end this crap already?

everyone is a bigger, better Steeler fan than the next person :coffee:

Bane
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
At worst, he raped a girl (the first woman was a proven psychopath and liar). At best, he's guilty of putting himself in stupid situations not once, but twice (or more).

Either way, he's not always the brightest, but we don't have the facts, and he was never convicted (I don't believe he was ever even indicted) of anything. However, he's our quarterback, and he's a damned good one, so I'm going to support him until I hear that he for sure, 100%, absolutely harmed someone else.

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 08:02 PM
So accusations are ground for conviction? Where is your proof? Produce proof, and I will believe what I see. He settled our of court on only once case I think, nothing became of the other. Many celebrities do this as it is cheaper in the long run. And, it puts the event behind them.

How about I accuse you of something. That would make you guilty, no evidence needed. It seems the opinion of some random guy on a football forum is enough to convict.

I don't know you personally, and I did not mean to attack you in my reply, I just wanted to make a point. Every shred of evidence points to his innocence. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Anyway, Ben does not care what you or I think.

Settled out of court to make the case go away ! Why ? When this happened Ben said he would fight this until the end. Wrong, he paid her off so he wasnt the next OJ.

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
At worst, he raped a girl (the first woman was a proven psychopath and liar). At best, he's guilty of putting himself in stupid situations not once, but twice (or more).

Either way, he's not always the brightest, but we don't have the facts, and he was never convicted (I don't believe he was ever even indicted) of anything. However, he's our quarterback, and he's a damned good one, so I'm going to support him until I hear that he for sure, 100%, absolutely harmed someone else.

At worse he raped a girl...that statement make you as big a piece of trash as Ben. What a loser you are.

Vis
03-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Settled out of court to make the case go away ! Why ? When this happened Ben said he would fight this until the end. Wrong, he paid her off so he wasnt the next OJ.

Ben could still burst into a hotel room with a gun to get an old jersey back

VaDave
03-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Curtis,

You really need to get help for that hate thing you got going on......

Can anybody say obsession???

Bane
03-07-2013, 09:03 PM
At worse he raped a girl...that statement make you as big a piece of trash as Ben. What a loser you are.

If you are trying to make it out to be as if I am downplaying rape, think again. You really don't dignify a response, but to clarify for anyone else who might agree with this psychopath:

I'm simply saying in the worst case scenario (and it doesn't take an English major to realize that, "at worst," doesn't mean, "Okay, it's not that bad"), he raped a single woman, as the first "victim" was a proven nutcase. If he indeed raped the second girl, and it is proven that he has done so, I would probably burn every Big Ben jersey I've ever owned and disown the Steelers if they continued to carry him on their roster.

I have a number of people very close to me who were molested and/or raped, some as children and some as adults. So don't dare try to paint me out to be some rapist's sympathizer. Crawl back into your hole and reassess the value of your words before posting inflammatory bullshit like that.

SteelersCanada
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Curtis,

You really need to get help for that hate thing you got going on......

Can anybody say obsession???

I bet the pages of his Ben Roethlisberger Sports Illustrated edition are all stuck together.

harrison'samonster
03-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I bet the pages of his Ben Roethlisberger Sports Illustrated edition are all stuck together.

I think Scrotis is just mad because Ben never shows up at Red Lobster when he's invited. It's just down the road. How many countless hours has Scrotis spent waiting at a table all by himself?

SteelersCanada
03-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I think Scrotis is just made because Ben never shows up at Red Lobster when he's invited. It's just down the road. How many countless hours has Scrotis spent waiting at a table all by himself?

:chuckle:

http://i47.tinypic.com/33xeibr.gif

Twentyvalve
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
I told you he settled out of court to save money and state of mind. This is America, you can be some hootchie-momma and ruin someones reputation at the drop of a hat in court with no repercussion. If you were in the same situation you would do the same. Don't tell me what he said, what he did, or what you think. Just give me proof that he committed a crime.

I can point you to proof that she lied. There are witness statements, first hand emails, and previous shenanigans by this woman. Unless you provide me with proof, do not respond. Your opinion does not count. I bet you respond with more nonsense and more opinion.

He is guilty of being a horny meat head. That is all. I will be anxiously awaiting your proof. Don't wast your time with any other response.

Bane
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Big Ben settled the first case in civil court, which doesn't mean any money was handed over.

I'd actually bet money Andrea McNulty didn't see a dime, given that there were apparently emails and other online messages from her talking about meeting up with Ben, hoping she was pregnant with a "Little Ben", etc.

scottcurtis
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Big Ben settled the first case in civil court, which doesn't mean any money was handed over.

I'd actually bet money Andrea McNulty didn't see a dime, given that there were apparently emails and other online messages from her talking about meeting up with Ben, hoping she was pregnant with a "Little Ben", etc.

You already said it was just RAPE . BANE = STOOL

Ya an out of court settlement for no money sure. You smoke to much of Batmans peter.

tony hipchest
03-07-2013, 11:43 PM
easy there scrotumitis...

its nobodys fault but your own that the majority of the members think you are an idiot and tiresome.

you are in dire need of a cybervacation from this place to learn to more constructively direct your hate and anger, perhaps?

you may think you are in the "right" but i can guarantee a swift banning of your ass would be met with a gracious round of applause.

if you hate ben so much, maybe you can go to a jets board and lick tebows nutsack while you are gone. :noidea:

Bane
03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
You already said it was pretty goddamned awful. BANE = BADASS
Ya an out of court settlement for no money sure. You broke to much of Batmans back.

Fixed that for you.

And I suggest you read my previous post.

And it wasn't an out of court settlement. It was in civil court. You have a lot of research to do before you make your next post, buddy.

Bayz101
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
easy there scrotumitis...

its nobodys fault but your own that the majority of the members think you are an idiot and tiresome.

you are in dire need of a cybervacation from this place to learn to more constructively direct your hate and anger, perhaps?

you may think you are in the "right" but i can guarantee a swift banning of your ass would be met with a gracious round of applause.

if you hate ben so much, maybe you can go to a jets board and lick tebows nutsack while you are gone. :noidea:

:sofunny:

teegre
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Does anyone know what Mike Wallace thinks about BB's court cases?

Bane
03-08-2013, 02:17 AM
He would tell us, but he dropped the paper his comments were written on.

Bayz101
03-08-2013, 02:58 AM
He would tell us, but he dropped the paper his comments were written on.

:toofunny:

VaDave
03-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Actually, Ben raped Wallace out of his money and Wallace is leaving in a huff. Lawyers are declining comment on the specifics but expect a settlement soon. Calls to Wallace and Ben were not returned.

GBMelBlount
03-08-2013, 07:49 AM
The primary blame for the Steelers crashing and burning the last two years rests with Tomlin for making the neanderthal decision to play Roethlisberger week after week while severely gimped and ineffective.

It was painful to watch.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Agreed. That didn't help much. It should have been obvious to the coaching staff that Ben couldn't make all the throws he needs to make. It sure was obvious to this laymen when he returned he was compromised. It apparently was also obvious to the DCs that game planned because of it.

desertsteel
03-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Blah blah blah. You should have to re-live the Bubby Brister or Scott Graham era. You're a broken record Curtis. Move on.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey, at least Brister was good for a quote.......

I remember after Brister beat out Mark Malone, and then they brought in Joe (and his no go offense) Walton. Bubby couldn't grasp it at all as it was ridiculously complicated ( and Ben talks about a Rosetta Stone, he's seen nothing) , and one beat writer suggested that they bring back Mark Malone. "He'd have the offense down in about 10 minutes and know exactly who to underthrow......"

One of the best lines ever in the history of Pittsburgh sports journalisim.......

scottcurtis
03-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Blah blah blah. You should have to re-live the Bubby Brister or Scott Graham era. You're a broken record Curtis. Move on.

Old enough to remember Malone... thanks anyway.

VaDave
03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Scotty,

You would have been thrilled with Kent Nix and Dick Shiner......or Ed Brown...Bobby Lane......

scottcurtis
03-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Scotty,

You would have been thrilled with Kent Nix and Dick Shiner......or Ed Brown...Bobby Lane......

Ok DaDave.