Vis
03-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Ezekiel Ansah
Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)

COLLEGE: BYU
HT: 6-6
WT: 272
POS: LB

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nfl/500/pit.png?w=60&h=60&transparent=true

Analysis: Sticking with Ansah here. You hand an exceptional physical talent with a high ceiling but plenty of development required to Dick LeBeau. When that's the equation, where's the downside? What I think is particularly interesting about this situation is the idea that Ansah could ultimately work out as a 3-4 DE. Ansah might lack polish as a pass-rusher, but he has a lot of power both with raw strength and because he has such a burst, can rush with leverage and also utilize his quickness in one-on-one matchups. The Steelers must get younger on defense and, as I said before, Ansah makes sense given their track record of development.

Another player I doubt will be there at 17 but of the names being bandied about, Ziggy Ansah intrigues me the most. Is there any baggage with this guy I haven't seen?

ricardisimo
03-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Another player I doubt will be there at 17 but of the names being bandied about, Ziggy Ansah intrigues me the most. Is there any baggage with this guy I haven't seen?
We already have a Ziggy. No room.

Shouldn't this be in the War Room?

livingthrudying
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I posted in another thread already but Mocks are absolutely pointless until after free agency begins. Needs that are present now for us and other teams will change either by us signing players or other teams signing players and what not.

wwhickok
03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
He will never make it close to #17

pczach
03-10-2013, 08:51 AM
He will never make it close to #17

Stranger things have happened. The pressure to produce NOW might make organizations take pause in drafting a player deemed a project with that little playing time that high.

SteelersCanada
03-10-2013, 11:06 AM
We don't know who Cleveland is going to sign in terms of a pass rusher and if they end up with someone like Cliff Avril, then another pass rusher is going to fall in the draft. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we had our choice of a couple of these guys.

People always think that pass rushers are going in the top 12, and then they always fall. It's like clockwork. Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers are going to get overdrafted, thus players will tumble down the board. Teams want to address glaring holes via free agency and bolster lesser needs in the draft. These mocks that have Cleveland, Detroit, New York, etc. all taking an OLB or 4-3 DE are just filling a quota they have to hit.

cbrunn
03-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Ansah is really intruging to me ... If he's there I take him over everbody but probably Jarvis Jones , or Mingo

I used to think Jones was the clear cut best player in this draft , but after watching more of other guys , the gap is closing between Jones , Mingo , and Ansah

kan_t
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Ansah is really intruging to me ... If he's there I take him over everbody but probably Jarvis Jones , or Mingo

I used to think Jones was the clear cut best player in this draft , but after watching more of other guys , the gap is closing between Jones , Mingo , and Ansah
Ansah and Mingo may have higher ceiling but Jones is much more polished than both of them. The gap may not be as far as people think but to me Jones is clearly the best OLB in this year draft. IMO he is also the only OLB which may have a chance to start immediately under Steelers system too.

pczach
03-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Ansah and Mingo may have higher ceiling but Jones is much more polished than both of them. The gap may not be as far as people think but to me Jones is clearly the best OLB in this year draft. IMO he is also the only OLB which may have a chance to start immediately under Steelers system too.

Jones looks awesome rushing the passer, but he is undisciplined and rushes up the field creating huge rushing lanes. I'm not sure how he will hold up against the run. I know Georgia was horrible as a whole against the run, but come on. They couldn't stop anyone, and he is part of that problem. I worry about his ability to hold his ground at the point of attack in a 3-4 defense. I know there is tons of talent there, but Georgia has been turning out tons of defensive players that are disciplined and know how to play their positions. If you can't hold up against the run, you can't play here in this system. Why is he such a freelancer? I hope this kid accepts coaching, or he'll really struggle in this defense. I hope I'm wrong with my cocerns, they get him, and he's amazing.