PDA

View Full Version : What if Harrison goes to the Ravens?

wootawnee
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Could this be a couple years of Doom n Gloom, or No Big Deal....

PhantomJB93
03-09-2013, 03:42 PM
It will hurt more to me than Jagr going to the Flyers. Personally I hope he goes tot he Cardinals like all ex-Steelers.

BKAnthem
03-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Arizona?

harrison'samonster
03-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I would rather see him go to Cleveland, but either way I'd be upset

Atlanta Dan
03-09-2013, 04:05 PM
If the Ravens asked Boldin to take a pay cut and need to try and sign Kreuger and Reed they are not paying Harrison what he wants

Steel-Bryan
03-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I feel like it might hurt us for a season maybe, if we have O-Line trouble. I feel like after the first matchup we will be good.

GMU Steeler
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
It would suck but I doubt they'er going after him.

steeltheone
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Keeping him at his current salary would have hurt this team more than him going to Baltimore and playing 6 games a season.

GoFor7
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
If he wants money, then he won't go to the Ravens. They can't afford him.

jacobo
03-09-2013, 05:48 PM
He's going to Pittsburgh West where all the steelers go to die

Lady Steel
03-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I would throw up in my mouth a little. Again. :laughing:

I hope he doesn't go to any team in our division. Or the Patriots. That would so suck.

teegre
03-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I would throw up in my mouth a little. Again. :laughing:

I hope he doesn't go to any team in our division. Or the Patriots. That would so suck.

Alas, I see him as a Taperiot. Belichick will put those 10 sacks per season to use.

SteelersCanada
03-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Alas, I see him as a Taperiot. Belichick will put those 10 sacks per season to use.

I think we're safe on that front. They run a 4-3 defense and Chandler Jones is a guy they're really high on (with good reason, did you see that kid play last year?). The other DEnd they have anchoring that line is Rob Ninkovich and he's not bad either. Plus he's cheap. I don't think he fits into their defensive lineup which is something we can all be thankful for.

teegre
03-10-2013, 12:01 AM
I think we're safe on that front. They run a 4-3 defense and Chandler Jones is a guy they're really high on (with good reason, did you see that kid play last year?). The other DEnd they have anchoring that line is Rob Ninkovich and he's not bad either. Plus he's cheap. I don't think he fits into their defensive lineup which is something we can all be thankful for.

True... but... Belichick loves taking vats with a few drops left in the tank, and using them to their fullest.

I could see Harrison being used solely on third downs... when they run a 1-5-5 (a NT, two OLBs on each side, a MLB, and five DBs). Keeping him fresh and sending him after the QB on those fresh legs... it's like how Aldon Smith (or Bruce Irvin) is used.

Lady Steel
03-10-2013, 12:17 AM
What are the chances he ends up retiring a Steeler?

harrison'samonster
03-10-2013, 12:19 AM
What are the chances he ends up retiring a Steeler?

I would be surprised, but hey, it's still possible he doesn't get any offers he likes better than the Steelers and he's back with us. I would say more likely he plays another year or two before calling it quits.

cowherpower
03-10-2013, 12:36 AM
I could see him going to Miami who needs a pass rusher opposite Wake. Now that would be a good tandem. They have the money and the need.

TRH
03-10-2013, 01:00 AM
potential landing spots for James Harrison will be Cleveland, Arizona, Indianapolis, and Miami.
The Raven's can't even afford to keep their star LB Kruger - he will test the open market and it looks like Indy and Cleveland are front runners to throw big money at him.
They'll not be one of the suitors for Harrison. He would be a good fit there and they could offer him something, but it would in effect be a "pay cut" like we offered. He'll get a bigger offer from what of the other teams mentioned.

harrison'samonster
03-10-2013, 01:27 AM
I've seen the Eagles and the Texans mentioned as another place he might end up. Texans would be great for him with Watt on one end and Harrison on the other.

Steeldude
03-10-2013, 06:21 AM
The Ravens don't have the cap room. He could end up with the Bengals. They have tons of cap room that needs to be burned.

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
How about the Pats?

Harrison quickly changes his tune about the Patriots

If you can’t cheat ‘em, join ‘em. Or something.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison, who repeatedly has railed against the Patriots for cheating the Steelers out of the 2004 AFC title, is now willing to play for the team he has loved to hate.

“Of course it would be nice to play with Tom Brady,” Harrison told Josina Anderson of ESPN. “I mean who wouldn’t want to?“

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/harrison-quickly-changes-his-tune-about-the-patriots/

steeltheone
03-10-2013, 08:46 AM
I don't see anybody paying him the money he wants. I hope he ends up playing for less on some shit hole team.

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
speaking of...Browns have $47M in cap sapce

The player rep for free agent OLB James Harrison says his client "would love" to play for the Browns

agent, Bill Parise, said he thinks the Browns would be a great fit for him

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/cleveland_browns_call_agents_f.html

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-10-2013, 09:48 AM

The player rep for free agent OLB James Harrison says his client "would love" to play for the Browns

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/cleveland_browns_call_agents_f.html

I hope he's joking :noidea:

TRH
03-10-2013, 09:52 AM
its amusing that Harrison's agent is shopping the "I'd love to play for the _____" story less than 24 hours after the release.

Of course they're saying that. Pats, Ravens included. They don't care who it is - as long as they get paid close to what he was making before.
No surprise here.

Millers the sh!t
03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
What if the Steelers sign bolding and reed? Probably Ain't happening.....

FrancoLambert
03-10-2013, 10:35 AM
He trades a black and gold uniform for a black and purple uniform.

He'll be a year older with back and knee issues.

Twentyvalve
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Why? Because he asked for more than the Steelers and you think he is worth? He has never said anything bad about the fans (you or me included) or the organization. In fact, he has always been grateful and gracious. So he wants more than what others think he is worth - aren't we all like that?

I don't get why fans bash players for no reason. Especially when they have been a icon for team for years. That is shameful. . .

I don't see anybody paying him the money he wants. I hope he ends up playing for less on some shit hole team.

sluggermatt15
03-10-2013, 10:49 AM
If the Ravens asked Boldin to take a pay cut and need to try and sign Kreuger and Reed they are not paying Harrison what he wants

This is why I believe James Harrison will not go to Baltimore. Unless he is willing to take a pay cut. I could see him going to NE and taking a pay cut to play for Bill Belichick. Plus, as others have pointed out, there are other teams - Cleveland, Cincy, Miami, etc. - who have much more cap space. There is a good chance Harrison will end up elsewhere.

jacobo
03-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Ravens wouldn't offer him near what he wants. He has a better chance of coming back here than going to them

harrison'samonster
03-10-2013, 10:54 AM

you mad bro? I don't get this attitude either. Harrison was a great member of the SB winning teams.

steelfury02
03-10-2013, 10:54 AM

"nothing new here"

derp

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 12:35 PM
"nothing new here"

derp

you gonna follow me around on every thread like a beaten puppy?

I don't need any more groupies

pete74
03-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I would hate to see the Browns get him. There defense is good enough without having Harrison. I hope he goes outside our division

steelfury02
03-10-2013, 01:13 PM
you gonna follow me around on every thread like a beaten puppy?

I don't need any more groupies

:blah: - just don't troll my comments looking to be a 1'upper and I'll happily ignore you - again, enjoy your online message board jousting - you seem to get a lot of self-asssurance from it

steeltheone
03-10-2013, 01:14 PM
you mad bro? I don't get this attitude either. Harrison was a great member of the SB winning teams.

I'm not mad at all. He had some very good years with the Steelers.

He decided he would not take less to stay with a class organization. That was his choice.

I hope he finds a team that will pay him the money he wants and that team wins 2 games all year.

I don't idolize woman beaters. he played well, great job see ya.

steelfury02
03-10-2013, 01:16 PM
I would hate to see the Browns get him. There defense is good enough without having Harrison. I hope he goes outside our division

I have a vision of Marcus Gilbert shifting to LT because of Bicknell wanting someone who can move and run a little more than Starks and getting owned by Harrison - not a pretty matchup IMO

austinfrench76
03-10-2013, 03:17 PM
I loved James Harriosn - AS A STEELER...not as a human so if he plays for a rival F HIM! I hope he's successful accept when he plays the Steelers! If he goes to a rival and plays us twice I won't be happy if he makes plays against us. And I do not think he'll own Gilbert or Adams or really anyone b/c I think his bets days are behind him. Will he make plays, sure, but not where he has in the past. I would like to see him go Porter's route and go outside the division. It's easier to remember them fondly when they do that. I'm a Kent grad and was there when he was there so I probably have even more of an affinity for him than most and I still say all of that....GO STEELERS!

austinfrench76
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
And James Harrison is not going to Baltimore. They can't sign their own aging stars ala Ed Reed why would they pay an aging OLB with back and knee issues???

IamTheSteelGod
03-10-2013, 03:30 PM
He trades a black and gold uniform for a black and purple uniform.

He'll be a year older with back and knee issues.

And eye!

Its a shame he wouldnt stay. Even if the Burgh had the pennies they wouldnt have paid him. The problem is gi could have seen him being productive this year now that he is alot healthier. Ok he is 34 but you have to take into account that he started late in his career. If anyone was going it should have been Troy.

Bane
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
If he went to Baltimore, I'd shit bricks, then throw one through someone's window. But, no chance he goes there. Didn't he have a huge vendetta against them anyway?

I'm betting he'll be back at a much lower salary next year.

VaDave
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I am:

I am NOT going to agree. Yea, Troy is pulling some serious caps space, but he's one of the top two or three safeties in the game. Harrison is not even in the top ten at LOB.

VaDave
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
If he went to Baltimore, I'd shit bricks, then throw one through someone's window. But, no chance he goes there. Didn't he have a huge vendetta against them anyway?

I'm betting he'll be back at a much lower salary next year.

One thing for sure about Harrison, he's going to go to the highest bidder. You can also bet the ranch on that in addition, expect him to play balls to the wall for whomever is lucky enough to sign him.

We are not going to be a better team without him as a player. But considering his cap implication, we were not going to be a better team with him at 6 mill a year, which was the conclusion of the FO.

Bane
03-10-2013, 05:54 PM
One thing for sure about Harrison, he's going to go to the highest bidder. You can also bet the ranch on that in addition, expect him to play balls to the wall for whomever is lucky enough to sign him.

We are not going to be a better team without him as a player. But considering his cap implication, we were not going to be a better team with him at 6 mill a year, which was the conclusion of the FO.

True. Can't really disagree with that, especially given his about-face in regards to the Patriots. It's just a shame we have to give someone who provided such an impact, and maybe had a couple more years of doing so.