PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Read on 3-4 OLB in the draft

cbrunn
03-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I take no Credit for this ... I just thought I could share this if people wanted to read it

Edit : Better thread that has everything is one place ... http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515275&start=0

Credit to whoever put in the work to do this

Very Interesting stuff ... Wrap up of the whole thing is that , Jamie Collins and Cornellius Washington are the best 3-4 OLB in the draft ... Followed by Devin Taylor

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I pointed out Lemonier a while back as hopefully a 2nd rounder. Sio Moore is another guy that produced at UConn and I would love to see a Steeler, but not sure if he really has the pass rush abliity that we need for the future. Maybe an ILB prospect.

Steel_Bus_24
03-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Well be better hit on someone............we can't afford anymore Bruce Davis's of the world

cbrunn
03-10-2013, 11:01 PM
I pointed out Lemonier a while back as hopefully a 2nd rounder. Sio Moore is another guy that produced at UConn and I would love to see a Steeler, but not sure if he really has the pass rush abliity that we need for the future. Maybe an ILB prospect.

Lemonier seems like a solid round 2 prospect (would be a better rd. 3 prospect but he won't make it to our pick in the 3rd) ... although I questioned his ability to play in space, seems like he can , and he has a good variety of pass rush moves

Sio Moore you're correct on as well ... I think he will be a good player in the league , but don't think he has enough pass rush ability to be a 3-4 OLB ... although I think he's a decent blitzer and if he's there in the 3rd , I wouldn't mind taking him , and developing some pass rush moves or moving him to the Inside

lloydwoodson
03-11-2013, 12:05 AM
The only scenario I see is Worilds starting at ROLB next year. Let's hope he is up to the task.

Hawaii 5-0
03-11-2013, 12:54 AM
The only scenario I see is Worilds starting at ROLB next year. Let's hope he is up to the task.

Worilds played a LOT better when he filled in for Woodley at LOLB than when he filled in for Harrison at ROLB.

Fire Haley
03-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Worilds played a LOT better when he filled in for Woodley at LOLB than when he filled in for Harrison at ROLB.

It certainly seemed that way.

Usually a team's LT is a far bigger and better player than their right side protection, maybe that's why. The side Harrison used to dominate with his dip and slash move.

That's why the Steeles defense worked so well when Harrison and a fit and healthy Woodley with his bull rush were on the field creating havoc, double team one outside rusher and the other got your QB. That scared teams to death.

I doubt anybody will waste any time game planning for Worilds or Carter.

wwhickok
03-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I actually think Zavair Gooden, a Round 4-5 guy could be really good. I dont think we are going OLB in the first two rounds.