PDA

View Full Version : McLendon & Sanders slapped with tenders

tony hipchest
03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
we have 1st right of refusal to match a mclendon deal- no compensation.

right to match sanders or get a 3rd round pick in return.

Fire Haley
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Do teams ever sign other RFA's nowadays? I don't think there were any at all last year.

there are three levels of RFA tenders

2013 Restricted Free Agent tenders:

Level 1: 1,323,000 $ (ROFR)
Level 2: 1,323,000 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Original Round Pick)
Level 3: 2,023,088 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Second Round Pick)
Level 4: 2,878,628 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (First Round Pick)

steelfury02
03-11-2013, 04:34 PM
we have 1st right of refusal to match a mclendon deal- no compensation.

right to match sanders or get a 3rd round pick in return.

wow - i doubt anyone would give a 3rd round pick for Sanders considering Boldin was just traded to 49ers for a sixth round.

austinfrench76
03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
This is no big deal for Sanders but right now isn't Mclendon our starter at NT??? I would think they would be trying to lock him up long term. Sanders too. Maybe that's what they'll use the June 1st cut money from Colon on? They need these guys signed before they have more playing time and a breakout season!

steeltheone
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
wow - i doubt anyone would give a 3rd round pick for Sanders considering Boldin was just traded to 49ers for a sixth round.

Agreed...Sanders has been a huge Disappointment.

Bane
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM

On one hand, I agree. On the other hand, Boldin's low cost could (possibly) be seen as a deal from one Harbaugh brother to the other. Plus, Boldin's up there in age, where Sanders is pretty young.

I don't think a third rounder is 100% unreasonable, but I think someone would be a lot more likely to grab him if he had any lower of a tender.

steelfury02
03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
On one hand, I agree. On the other hand, Boldin's low cost could (possibly) be seen as a deal from one Harbaugh brother to the other. Plus, Boldin's up there in age, where Sanders is pretty young.

I don't think a third rounder is 100% unreasonable, but I think someone would be a lot more likely to grab him if he had any lower of a tender.

the age difference and ceiliing is obviously there - I'm sure there was a connection that was a big part of such a nice deal - Boldin still has 2 great years of production left in him - how come we can't get any sweet deals like that? lol

Bane
03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
the age difference and ceiliing is obviously there - I'm sure there was a connection that was a big part of such a nice deal - Boldin still has 2 great years of production left in him - how come we can't get any sweet deals like that? lol

If we picked up Q, I would have died laughing every single time I saw a purple jersey.

And I live in the DMV.

tony hipchest
03-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Agreed...Sanders has been a huge Disappointment.jacoby jones was considered a disappointment in houston, now they are wishing they had him back.

sanders has been injured. and nothing more than a 3rd wr for his entire career. unless it is peyton manning throwing to brandon stokely (in a record season), there arent many 3rd on the depth chart WR's picking up 1000 yds and 8 tds.

anyways the 49ers will also be picking up anquans 6 mil salary for the season.

i dont know if that is a good deal or a bad deal, but it is certainly a deal im glad the steelers didnt take on.

i just hope sanders isnt so caught up in this Young Money Crew bullshit, that he acts like an asshole come next season.

pittpete
03-12-2013, 12:15 AM
This is no big deal for Sanders but right now isn't Mclendon our starter at NT??? I would think they would be trying to lock him up long term. Sanders too. Maybe that's what they'll use the June 1st cut money from Colon on? They need these guys signed before they have more playing time and a breakout season!

No guarantee that McLendon is the starter
They have
Fangupo, Hebron
Ta'amu, Alameda