PDA

View Full Version : Keeper league

Hammer67
08-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey guys (and gals). I have been in a league for about 8 years. We have 12 teams and the main core of people are still there. Every year we draft fresh. This year, I want to bring up a recommendation to start a keeper league.

Anyone in one of these with any advice?

I was thinking about possibly starting slowly like allowing each team to keep two players this year and gradually move to full blown. Anyone have a fun system going right now?

BlackNGold203
08-20-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm in bro...just let me know....

LambertIsGod58
08-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Hammer, my advice even though I'm no expert, is not to keep any more than two...the more you keep the greater the chances of people dropping out....Also making it harder to find people who want in. Think of it this way...after the first 60 are off the board...you are wasting a draft on rookies and scrubs. It makes it too hard to rebuild a team if you keep too many. I'm taking over the last place team in a FIVE keeper league. The top three teams are way above the rest. It would take forever to get any kind of balance. I prefer to draft all new every year...makes it more fair and competitive.

Hammer67
08-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm in bro...just let me know....

Sorry man, I meant to say that I was thinking about moving our current league to a keeper league. Not starting new.

Hammer67
08-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Hammer, my advice even though I'm no expert, is not to keep any more than two...the more you keep the greater the chances of people dropping out....Also making it harder to find people who want in. Think of it this way...after the first 60 are off the board...you are wasting a draft on rookies and scrubs. It makes it too hard to rebuild a team if you keep too many. I'm taking over the last place team in a FIVE keeper league. The top three teams are way above the rest. It would take forever to get any kind of balance. I prefer to draft all new every year...makes it more fair and competitive.

Cool...exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for. Thanks for the advice. :bouncy:

LambertIsGod58
08-20-2006, 06:29 PM
That's just my point of view...some people may enjoy keeping that many. To me, the draft should be more than drafting your bench players... And it really doesn't count for much more than that.

tony hipchest
09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
ive been in the same league for 10 years with many core players. weve never even brought up making it a keeper league. i prefer starting fresh.

LambertIsGod58
09-09-2006, 03:35 PM
My keepers in the FIVE keeper league were...

1 Bledsoe
2 Glenn
3 Ahman Green
4 Burress
5 Duckett

My draft picks include Bush, Leinart, Lendale White and Vernon Davis. I was happy with the improvement already.