PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer Signs Tender

pittpete
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/11/4092528/steelers-rb-jonathan-dwyer-signs-his-rfa-tender

harrison'samonster
03-11-2013, 11:15 PM
I love Dwyer's attitude and hope he can prove me wrong about his abilities.

kan_t
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
I appreciate his determination. Hard to not root for him after seeing this kind of move.

SteelersCanada
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooo.

We still need a RB.

I'm usually an optimistic guy, but this is the one thing I'm really 'doom and gloom' about. The lack of a legitimate rush attack last year was one of the nails in the coffin at the end of the season.

pittpete
03-11-2013, 11:34 PM
He'll be a UFA in 2014.
Guy's going to be playing for a contract.
Make or break, let's see what happens

TheVet
03-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Excellent news regarding Dwyer!! Hoping for the same from Redman!!

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

We still need a RB.

I'm usually an optimistic guy, but this is the one thing I'm really 'doom and gloom' about. The lack of a legitimate rush attack last year was one of the nails in the coffin at the end of the season.

You'll love our RB - whoever he is - once we have a functioning OL. :tt02:

Bane
03-12-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm glad we know that we'll have at least one halfback who's been here, but we need a starter that isn't Dwyer, Redman, or Mendenhall.

I don't care if it's Steven Jackson or Marcus Lattimore, but we need someone.

tony hipchest
03-12-2013, 12:23 AM
we can always bring back that dickhead chris rainey :doh:

pittpete
03-12-2013, 01:32 AM
we can always bring back that dickhead chris rainey :doh:

I wonder if Pouncey beat his @ss in after sticking his neck out 4 the kid?

Steeldude
03-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooo.

We still need a RB.

Blame the O-line, not the RB. No holes = No yards

Hawaii 5-0
03-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Blame the O-line, not the RB. No holes = No yards

couldn't possibly agree more...:drink:

Fire Arians
03-12-2013, 02:25 AM
dwyer hasn't shown me anything saying that he could be a premier back in this league. he should be a decent backup though

problem is our entire RB stable are backup rb's talent wise. Mendy has the natural talent to be a star but he needs to get his mind right. and some never do, look at limas sweed (all the talent in the world but couldnt get it done)

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Superbowl or bust!

3 yds at a time!

please, not another stable of plodding plowhorses

we need a thoroughbred - a gamebreaker

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Its a good thing he wants to prove hes a number 1 back

If he comes into camp in shape and lighter it will be a step in the right direction.

And I remember in college he used to out run defenders so hopefulfly he gets some speed back

Galax Steeler
03-12-2013, 04:24 AM
I love having Dwyer back but I also think we need to address another one in the draft this year.

pczach
03-12-2013, 05:27 AM
You've got to love how he's putting it on himself. I definitely think Dwyer is the more talented back between him and Redman. I'm don't think he's a feature back, but he'll look a lot better if the OL stays healthy. I'd like to see him play at a lighter weight to gain some quickness, and become a better receiver out of the backfield. He just hasn't shown the speed to run outside the tackles. Hopefull the new blocking scheme will suit him will. If the line can let him get through some holes, he'll be gaining a ton of yards after contact with his power. Once he gets a head of steam, he's a tough guy to bring down.

All that being said, Steven Jackson would look great for a couple years.:thumbsup:

Bane
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM
dwyer hasn't shown me anything saying that he could be a premier back in this league. he should be a decent backup though

problem is our entire RB stable are backup rb's talent wise. Mendy has the natural talent to be a star but he needs to get his mind right. and some never do, look at limas sweed (all the talent in the world but couldnt get it done)

Dwyer pisses me off. He plays extremely well for two consecutive games, then if he has to start for any longer than that, he looks like a turtle on his back.

Like I said, I'm cool with this, as long as we get someone to start. Dwyer's much better suited as a backup at this point.

Steel Peon
03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Finally some decent news. :coffee:

steelfury02
03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
get this man a parachute on his back and some serious Rocky III training - he needs burst and he needs some serious endurance conditioning, and, oh yea, he needs to counter that monster left hook Gilbert will almost certainly send his way:

http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2011/04/dance-490x253.jpg