PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers will likely host Dan Connor

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Former Carolina Panthers linebacker Dan Connor received his walking papers from the Dallas Cowboys after both sides failed to agree on a new deal. The Cowboys wanted to restructure Connor’s contract and cut some more cap space, but they ended up cutting cap space in a different way by releasing him. Yeah, it sounds like Connor didn’t exactly want to take a pay cut on the two-year $6.5 million deal the backup LB signed.

Connor ended up starting due to injuries to Sean Lee and Bruce Carter, but he was quite poor and uncharacteristically bad in run defense. An incredible downhill run-stopper with the Panthers, Connor looked nothing of the sort with the Cowboys last season, and he looked almost as bad as Brady Poppinga out there in run defense.

But Connor has plenty of upside after showing his talents with the Panthers earlier in his career. With better coaching and a better environment, there is a good chance of success for him

A steady tackler with excellent technique, Connor will come on the cheap and could be the Steelers answers to the slot next to star Lawrence Timmons at inside linebacker.

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/03/12/pi...st-dan-connor/

--------------------------------

“@JasonLaCanfora:Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week”

----------------------------------

Connor will come on the cheap

well there ya go

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Former Carolina Panthers linebacker Dan Connor received his walking papers from the Dallas Cowboys after both sides failed to agree on a new deal. The Cowboys wanted to restructure Connor’s contract and cut some more cap space, but they ended up cutting cap space in a different way by releasing him. Yeah, it sounds like Connor didn’t exactly want to take a pay cut on the two-year $6.5 million deal the backup LB signed.

Connor ended up starting due to injuries to Sean Lee and Bruce Carter, but he was quite poor and uncharacteristically bad in run defense. An incredible downhill run-stopper with the Panthers, Connor looked nothing of the sort with the Cowboys last season, and he looked almost as bad as Brady Poppinga out there in run defense.

But Connor has plenty of upside after showing his talents with the Panthers earlier in his career. With better coaching and a better environment, there is a good chance of success for him

A steady tackler with excellent technique, Connor will come on the cheap and could be the Steelers answers to the slot next to star Lawrence Timmons at inside linebacker.

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/03/12/pi...st-dan-connor/

--------------------------------

“@JasonLaCanfora:Cardinals are strong favorites to sign Larry Foote from Pittsburgh, while Dan Connor likely to visit Steelers this week”

----------------------------------

Connor will come on the cheap

well there ya go

If we sign Connor and then Foote goes to Arizona, I will be one of the happiest guys on this board. I can live with Keenan Lewis leaving if we get Connor.
:applaudit:

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Praying Connor will be the next Farrior?

SteelersCanada
03-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm going to go ahead and trust Dick and Butler more than whatever clusterfuck coaching staff they have in Dallas right now. They'd bring the best out of him and if he does come cheap, he's a great pick up. While he's not necessarily starting material, he'd be nice to have in case of injury.

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 11:39 AM
While he's not necessarily starting material, he'd be nice to have in case of injury.

If Foote leaves he most likely WILL be the starter alongside Timmons - we have nobody else at ILB but Brandon Johnson - Sylvester is gone.

Steel_Bus_24
03-12-2013, 11:41 AM
meh....at best this would be a lateral move

Id rather have foote's instincts who has been a part of our system for years

SteelersCanada
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
If Foote leaves he most likely WILL be the starter alongside Timmons - we have nobody else at ILB but Brandon Johnson - Sylvester is gone.

Good point. I'd still like to see them draft a kid with ridiculous upside (a la, Nico Johnson from 'Bama) in the fourth / fifth and let those two fight it out for the starting position. I also read that Dick LeBeau is especially high on this kid from the Eagles who was just signed to a futures contract this offseason, Brian Rolle. The kids from the article aren't exactly household names, but they're giving them a shot at least.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/steelers-ready-to-rolle-on-without-sylvester/

I'd like some camp competition at the ILB position and I think if we do add Connor, he'd just fuel the fire.

Bayz101
03-12-2013, 11:52 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lolnptkdMO1qh4km1o1_500.jpg

OX1947
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Who? Who the (bleep) are any of these people?

Bayz101
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Who? Who the (bleep) are any of these people?

I believe the word you are looking for is "fuck". :heh:

steelfury02
03-12-2013, 12:20 PM

its just a visit - just like the Breaston one

nothing saying its a done deal - I like the idea for depth - I really don't like it for starting in place of Foote

In other news the Ravens have copied us yet again - they just recently established a Ravens West in San Francisco. :chuckle:

steelfury02
03-12-2013, 12:21 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lolnptkdMO1qh4km1o1_500.jpg

Aunt Jackie wanted him to visit with the Bears.

Steeldude
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
If we sign Connor and then Foote goes to Arizona, I will be one of the happiest guys on this board. I can live with Keenan Lewis leaving if we get Connor.
:applaudit:

Perhaps you will be tied as the happiest. I have not liked Foote since he was drafted. He is ok for a backup role, but not as a starter. For some reason many fans on here like slow LBs who are slow to react and take bad angles :noidea:

OX1947
03-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Trying to be PG where I can, but yes, who the fuck is Dan Conner?

Steelers>NFL
03-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Trying to be PG where I can, but yes, who the fuck is Dan Conner?

LBer from LineBacker U. aka Penn State University.

NSMaster56
03-12-2013, 02:13 PM
For the right price it could be a good land.

SteelCitian
03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
They were both good on the Penn State D

OX1947
03-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Other then Jack Ham and Matt Millen. Lavar to some extend, who else from LB U did a lot in the NFL?

Steelers>NFL
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Other then Jack Ham and Matt Millen. Lavar to some extend, who else from LB U did a lot in the NFL?

Novarro Brown of 9ers. He is from PSU!

steeltheone
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
LBer from LineBacker U. aka Penn State University.

aka...Creepy Valley.

EbonySteel86
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM

What about Spence?

Millers the sh!t
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Maybe we can get Roseanne Connor to play nose tackle?

pczach
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM

Navarro Bowman, Cameran Wake, Sean Lee, Tamba Hali