PDA

View Full Version : Keenan lewis not offered contract

67 calsteel
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
nfl network on nfl free agencyy show reported the steeler did not even offer him a contract.

BlaZeQuietly
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM
bye bye lewis... man if were dumping him, maybe thats a sign we will try to keep wallace?

SteelersCanada
03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
We knew this was coming. They're going to let him test free agency, and then see if they're willing to match the deal he gets or not. Ya know, for a network that's solely dedicated to NFL coverage, they really don't know what's going on a lot of the time. It's a little disappointing.

kan_t
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
They probably ask Lewis to get back to them once he has got the best offer from the other team.

wootawnee
03-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Wallace your bad(and old)news....With all the problems everyday people face,illnesses,poverty,abuse, whatever, he came out and gave that kind of effort....Grow up Punk..!! Ill take a Hines Ward, an Aaron Smith, A James Farrior over you any day.... Over it...

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2013, 01:44 PM
We saved up the money to spend on Foote and Foster instead.

jacobo
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Wallace your bad(and old)news....With all the problems everyday people face,illnesses,poverty,abuse, whatever, he came out and gave that kind of effort....Grow up Punk..!! Ill take a Hines Ward, an Aaron Smith, A James Farrior over you any day.... Over it...

I don't even know what's going on in this post

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't even know what's going on in this post

Jacobo, please meet Wootawonee. Welcome to the board.:wave:

Bane
03-12-2013, 02:04 PM

But if China ate tree leaves for a purpler hue tomorrow, what would the baboons sketch and toilet paper when the time for bottle caps comes?

Ricco Suavez
03-12-2013, 02:07 PM
But if China ate tree leaves for a purpler hue tomorrow, what would the baboons sketch and toilet paper when the time for bottle caps comes?

Finally a rational statement.

jacobo
03-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Last three posts just killed me lol

cowherpower
03-12-2013, 02:31 PM
nfl network on nfl free agencyy show reported the steeler did not even offer him a contract.

might have dodged a bullet. time will tell

Acerinox
03-12-2013, 02:36 PM

The baboons would sketch a Bruce Arians playbook.

Hope that helps.

SteelersCanada
03-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Do you guys think Lewis will get paid in the neighborhood of what Nnamdi is about to make as a free agent? If so, we might be pursuing the wrong CB here.

Bane
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Do you guys think Lewis will get paid in the neighborhood of what Nnamdi is about to make as a free agent? If so, we might be pursuing the wrong CB here.

Depends on what kinda money you think Nnamdi is getting, especially after the last two years. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM

:rofl:

I think I just crapped myself. :cya:

SteelersCanada
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Depends on what kinda money you think Nnamdi is getting, especially after the last two years. :chuckle:

If he's going to get 6.5 - 7, I think that if Lewis goes to Cleveland, Asomugha on a 3 year 20 million dollar deal would be fair for him. I think we're forgetting that when Nnamdi is put on an island and plays man against receivers, he's shut down.

teegre
03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears iteration.

The Steelers have Cortez Allen as their ace in the hole (or their high trump card... or whatever metahpor you like).

With there being quite a few FA CBs out there this year (Asomugha, Hall), AND with the Steelers already having Cortez... the Steelers can allow Keenan to go test out the waters.

Worst case: Keenan leaves... and Cortez is the #2 CB... which is not really all that bad of an option.

Of course, I would ahve loved to have had Keenan & Cortez as a CB tandem for the next few years, but if he goes, it si not the end of the world.

jacobo
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
yeah, allen looks like he's going to be more than the Ike Taylor 2.0 that Keenan seems to be. Would love to keep Keenan, but we're not fucked without him

tony hipchest
03-12-2013, 05:02 PM
holy knee jerk reaction Batman! back away from the ledge steelerfans. this is typical SOP for many front offices. With certain players you simply let the market dictate what you will pay for them. why on Gods green earth would we offer him $8.5 mil/ year when the highest any other team would pay him is $7.1 mil?

his true market value is a relative unknown at this point especially with veterans such as asomugha out there.

we tell lewis to go out there, test the waters, and we would be more than glad to match the offer and keep you with the team that offered you if the offer is right...

nothing to panic about.

Jacobo, please meet Wootawonee. Welcome to the board.:wave:

:sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
03-12-2013, 05:17 PM
http://mybfolder.com/pics/4921-1271618494.jpg
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/543/war-on-drugs-logic-23543.jpg