PDA

View Full Version : Source: Kellen Davis to visit Cowboys, Steelers, Benga

fer522
03-12-2013, 03:42 PM
AP
A league source tells Florio that free agent tight end Kellen Davis has scheduled three upcoming visits.

Per Florio’s source, Davis will be visiting the Cowboys, Steelers, and Bengals.

Davis, 26, has deceptive athleticism for a 6-foot-7, 262-pound tight end who spent most of his time blocking in Chicago. Davis ran in the low 4.6s coming out of Michigan State, and Bears coach Lovie Smith always wanted to incorporate him more into the passing game.

Outgoing offensive coordinator Mike Martz would have none of it.

Davis caught 28 passes for 300 yards and nine touchdowns in four seasons with the Bears. He would be a No. 2 tight end in all of the three potential destinations mentioned above.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/source-kellen-davis-to-visit-cowboys-steelers-bengals/

OX1947
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I say again, WHOOOOOOO?

Millers the sh!t
03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
He'd be our number one until heath a.k.a. best player on the Steelers, returns from his sabbatical...

Acerinox
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
I say again, WHOOOOOOO?

I know what you're saying OX but I have always liked Kellen Davis. He's the TE we need so that Heath doesn't need to be the 6th OL ever again.

He's no Farrior-style signing, but also he's not a career backup like a lot of the other projects we're looking at in FA.

teegre
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
At the end of 2011, he came on strong as a red-zone threat. (I drafted him in the twelfth round in FF.)

Why?

While he only had 18 receptions, those mostly came in the last few games... but, more importantly, of those receptions, 13 were for first downs and the other five were TDs.