PDA

View Full Version : Madden is senile.....

BlackNGold203
08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
I cant stand it anymore...I have the NBC game on.....

Constantly kissing Peyton Mannings ass.....

and now...."As far as the Steelers...losing Kimo will really hurt their defense"

Has he ever heard of Keisel?
Does he even watch games anymore???

he was a great coach...he WAS a great colr commentator...

John..you got your bust in Canton...youve had a great career...now....

GO AWAY!!!

thank you for listening...

:cool: :cool:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-20-2006, 09:33 PM

and now...."As far as the Steelers...losing Kimo will really hurt their defense"

GO AWAY!!!

Remember this is the same guy that says the busts talk to each other in Canton. To tell you the truth I don't think the guys hasl gotten over the Immaculate Reception 20+ years later. :sofunny:

BlackNGold203
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
OH...Bob Costas can go with him...DAMN he's annoying as hell.....always has been

SteelShooter
08-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Remember this is the same guy that says the busts talk to each other in Canton. To tell you the truth I don't think the guys hasl gotten over the Immaculate Reception 20+ years later. :sofunny:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really needed that laugh.................................Thanks!

HometownGal
08-20-2006, 11:36 PM
As said in a prior thread, you can't put silk socks on a hog.

He'll be gone soon - he'll eat himself to death.

HometownGal
08-20-2006, 11:38 PM

I don't think those busts are there any longer - he ate them, too. Now you know why Al stands at least 2 feet away from him. :blurp:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-20-2006, 11:53 PM
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"][B]

I really needed that laugh.................................Thanks!

:salute: anything for our military!!! :bouncy:

by the way you can also throw Dan Dick-dorf in that mix there's one guy that makes me want to :puke:

Jeremy
08-21-2006, 12:23 AM
NBC Sports is as bad as it gets.

They do a horrible job of covering NASCAR, they have a horrible crew for SNF, and they cover Notre Dame.

Mamaduck43
08-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I just wish he would go down to the 50 yard line and plant a big juicy kiss on Manning and get it over with - - that is his secret dream...... Then perhaps he will get it out of his system.... This constant pimping up to him is getting real old real fast....

Jeremy
08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
I never did understand the appeal of John Madden. He just seemed like a total doofus when I was 12 years old and my opinion of him never really changed. He's as sharp as a tack when it comes to breaking down a football play, but his opinions on the NFL have become odder and odder as the years have worn on.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-21-2006, 06:34 AM

GO AWAY!!!

Brother you KNOW how I feel about that worthless blubbering box of hammers. My boy and I turn down the TV and turn up the radio so we dont have to listen to such stimulating commentary like..."With Manning you have the whole audible thing... and then with Eli, Who with the Giants, ...and Archie...I mean...you can't...what a family...the bloodline..teaching the position....you have to...and the recievers ....you gotta think...I mean ....they should make the playoffs....Harrison...."
....AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!....and the mumbling between rants drives me up the frickin walls!!! Thank God someone has limited the amount of time he can use the telestrator...I got so tired of him showing the really important aspects of the game like....steam rising from a players head...and which direction the heating or cooling units are blowing.
But my all time favorite Madden moment is when a team playing on monday night realized that the cleats on their shoes were no good for the conditions of the field and since they didnt have enough shorter cleats for everyone...they found a grinder and were grinding down the cleats as players came off the field... John Madden "the ace hardware" spokesman was commenting on the fact that they were buffing the cleats. HEY JOHN...how many times have you seen sparks fly when you are buffing!!!! You may want to STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM YOUR CAR...have someone else wax and buff it ...sparks flying off a new paint job would be BAD!!!...and while I am at it SHUT UP about that stupid Turducken thing you eat every Christmas!!!...We KNOW you have it every year...we KNOW that its a duck in a turkey...we KNOW..and... we.... dont.... CARE!!! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

BlackNGold203
08-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Brother you KNOW how I feel about that worthless blubbering box of hammers. My boy and I turn down the TV and turn up the radio so we dont have to listen to such stimulating commentary like..."With Manning you have the whole audible thing... and then with Eli, Who with the Giants, ...and Archie...I mean...you can't...what a family...the bloodline..teaching the position....you have to...and the recievers ....you gotta think...I mean ....they should make the playoffs....Harrison...."
....AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!....and the mumbling between rants drives me up the frickin walls!!! Thank God someone has limited the amount of time he can use the telestrator...I got so tired of him showing the really important aspects of the game like....steam rising from a players head...and which direction the heating or cooling units are blowing.
But my all time favorite Madden moment is when a team playing on monday night realized that the cleats on their shoes were no good for the conditions of the field and since they didnt have enough shorter cleats for everyone...they found a grinder and were grinding down the cleats as players came off the field... John Madden "the ace hardware" spokesman was commenting on the fact that they were buffing the cleats. HEY JOHN...how many times have you seen sparks fly when you are buffing!!!! You may want to STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM YOUR CAR...have someone else wax and buff it ...sparks flying off a new paint job would be BAD!!!...and while I am at it SHUT UP about that stupid Turducken thing you eat every Christmas!!!...We KNOW you have it every year...we KNOW that its a duck in a turkey...we KNOW..and... we.... dont.... CARE!!! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

*Hands LLT a couple Valium...*

Im with ya bro....:cool: :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-21-2006, 07:14 AM
*Hands LLT a couple Valium...*

Im with ya bro....:cool: :cool:

:chillpill :chillpill ......awwwwww...thanks man...I'm.. much.... better.....now...that...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

HometownGal
08-21-2006, 11:10 AM
The next time you can bear the sight of watching him broadcast a game, take notice of how he holds the microphone - LMAO!! His grip mimics him standing in front of a urinal holding his dong in the choke position so he doesn't splatter the walls. :sofunny:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/12/27/1135686273_9671.jpg

83-Steelers-43
08-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Al Davis and John Madden = Old people's home ASAP

BlackNGold203
08-21-2006, 11:11 AM
All I know is that on 9/7...I'll have the TV sound off...and the radio on......:cool: :cool:

AZ_Steeler
08-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Everytime I hear Bob Costas I think I'm watching the Olympics! Madden definitely needs to go, he shows entirely to much favortism towards certain teams and players, at least they got that yellow pen out of his hands so you can watch football doodle free now!

I need to admit though, there was one time I agreed with Madden. I think it was San Diego and Steelers MNF last year, when San Diego muffed a punt and the Steelers recovered it, but since the Steelers didn't give them a chance to recover the ball it was San Diego's ball... Madden said that was the stupidest rule he ever heard! I actually agreed with him.

memphissteelergirl
08-21-2006, 01:20 PM
OH...Bob Costas can go with him...DAMN he's annoying as hell.....always has been

Couldn't agree with you more...he thinks he's the "font of all sports wisdom", when what he really is an arrogant little P****.

stlrtruck
08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
I knew it was time for Madden to go years ago when he did a Steelers game (and no, I can't remember which one) but he took his little telestrater and made his little yellow arrows on all three rivers...not a problem, right?....WRONG!....he had all 3 rivers flowing in to each other.
Now, I'm not a rocket scientist by any stretch of the imagination but if you take 3 rivers and have them flow into each other, would the meeting place flood? constantly? Just curious...

Hey, Madden...before you go...open up the film library and go back to December 25, 1972 and remember how football use to be played...announcers didn't have to suck up to the players...the players made their own names!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 03:20 PM
John Madden needs to go bigtime. He sucks anymore and is past his prime.

HometownGal
08-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey, Madden...before you go...open up the film library and go back to December 25, 1972 and remember how football use to be played...announcers didn't have to suck up to the players...the players made their own names!!!

I didn't think I would ever say this, but Madden is even more obnoxious than Howard Cosell! Cosell was very opinionated and that voice of his made your skin crawl off of your body, but he wasn't a kiss ass to any player and he knew the game inside and out.

Petesburgh66
08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Madden is past his prime but at least I can tolerate him.

Lyn
08-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Everytime I hear Bob Costas I think I'm watching the Olympics! Madden definitely needs to go, he shows entirely to much favortism towards certain teams and players, at least they got that yellow pen out of his hands so you can watch football doodle free now!
I need to admit though, there was one time I agreed with Madden. I think it was San Diego and Steelers MNF last year, when San Diego muffed a punt and the Steelers recovered it, but since the Steelers didn't give them a chance to recover the ball it was San Diego's ball... Madden said that was the stupidest rule he ever heard! I actually agreed with him.

I agree. I used to always say, "Well, here comes Madden's crayons he is gonna teach us the game of football." He does annoy me and he hates the Steelers. He can not get the Raider/Steeler series out of his system. But in all seriousness, the guy has accomplished more in his lifetime in so many different aspects of sports. I knew him as a coach, then the Steelers helped him out of coaching and into the broadcast booth and now 12 yr olds know him for his video games.

Raider Nation
08-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Al Davis and John Madden = Old people's home ASAP

One day your beloved Dan Rooney will show his age and it won't be so funny when people make fun of his illnesses.

Raider Nation
08-22-2006, 01:39 AM
I agree. I used to always say, "Well, here comes Madden's crayons he is gonna teach us the game of football." He does annoy me and he hates the Steelers. He can not get the Raider/Steeler series out of his system. But in all seriousness, the guy has accomplished more in his lifetime in so many different aspects of sports. I knew him as a coach, then the Steelers helped him out of coaching and into the broadcast booth and now 12 yr olds know him for his video games.

He does not hate the Steelers. He actually respects the Steelers tradition and liked the old Raider/Steeler rivalry. Yes he's bitter about that call in 1972 and you all would be to if the shoe was on the other foot, but hey, that's HISTORY.... As for the Steelers helping him out of coaching? I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, the Steelers were his stepping block in getting to his first Superbowl. I believe that was Superbowl XI. If my memory is correct the Raiders beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship in Oakland in 1976. Raiders-24 Steelers-7...John Madden continued to coach for 2 more years after that, so I don't see how the Steelers pushed Madden out of coaching....

Raider Nation
08-22-2006, 01:46 AM
I knew it was time for Madden to go years ago when he did a Steelers game (and no, I can't remember which one) but he took his little telestrater and made his little yellow arrows on all three rivers...not a problem, right?....WRONG!....he had all 3 rivers flowing in to each other.
Now, I'm not a rocket scientist by any stretch of the imagination but if you take 3 rivers and have them flow into each other, would the meeting place flood? constantly? Just curious...

Wow! You have way to much time on your hands!!! Did he really have all the arrows indicating that they all flow together? Do you have proof of this? Could it be that it was sloppy drawing and the fact that you were probably drunk and you thought you saw 3 arrows meeting together? I remember that game to, but I don't recall it the way you describe it. Hmmmm?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-22-2006, 04:28 AM
Wow! You have way to much time on your hands!!! Did he really have all the arrows indicating that they all flow together? Do you have proof of this? Could it be that it was sloppy drawing and the fact that you were probably drunk and you thought you saw 3 arrows meeting together? I remember that game to, but I don't recall it the way you describe it. Hmmmm?

soooo..you happen to remember exactly the game that he's talking about....but yet you ask him if if he has proof and ask if it was a sloppy drawing....excuse me but...:bs:!!!!!!!

You may not want to slide up to close to Madden while defending him...apparantly his senility is contagious....

...and as for Rooney getting senile...WHEN he does...I hope someone has the grace to not say (Hey...how about going in front of several million viewers and doing some color commentary!!)

DiggetyDank
08-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I noticed Madden's ass-kissing of Peyton as well. That made me wonder - isn't he worried about his previous man-crush, Brett Favre getting jealous? Madden is a deserving hall-of-famer and is responsible for the crack cocaine of video games, so I could never hate him, however.

I actually like Bob Costas. He has a good broadcasting voice and is quite knowledgable.

Joe Theismann can suck it. He said all kinds of crap about how horrible Ricky Williams was, but treated Koren Robinson like he was some kind of saint during last week's preseason game. Meanwhile, Robinson got popped for a DUI the next day.

That Paul Maguire guy is horrible, and Joe Buck has no business being on television. Mike Tirico, Al Michaels and most of the Sunday guys are solid as well.

Rush Limbaugh was funny because he made some asinine racist comment in what, like his first game? That's what you get when you try to mix a drug-abusing pig that's not an athelete and football. Dennis Miller was an abomination. I wonder if he flip-flops on team affiliation like he does his political affiliation. I think the game I saw him commentating on had been over for about 5 hours before he'd finished his first sentence.

The worst is when they have a woman announcing the Penn State games. She's horrible. I'm firmly in Andy Rooney's camp that women have no business doing that.

Also, what ever happened to Lisa Guerrero? I think Namath would have gotten popped with sexual harassment charges if it was her his drunk ass was talking to and not Suzy Kolber. Pam Oliver should do some sideline, as she's hot as hell.

HometownGal
08-22-2006, 09:55 AM
One day your beloved Dan Rooney will show his age and it won't be so funny when people make fun of his illnesses.

Oh lighten up, will ya? :smile: I don't believe for a minute that 83 was poking fun at anyone's illness here, Raider. We've all made silly comments in this thread about Madden, but there is some truth to the overall opinion that maybe Madden should take his Thanksgiving turkeys, get on his bus and head back home to watch the games instead of broadcasting them from the booth with Al Michaels. He was very good in the booth years back when he actually talked about the X's and O's and the mechanics of the game, but lately, all he does is babble on incessantly and idolize a few select players (yes - I would say this even if one of the objects of his affection was a Steeler) instead of sharing the game-calling responsibilities. He was a great coach and a fierce competitor in his days as the Raiders HC and is very deserving of his HOF status, but his broadcasting abilities and appeal have passed him by, imho.

BlackNGold203
08-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Nobody here is downplaying Madden's accomplishments nor his contibution to the NFL over the years on many levels. The man is a hall of famer and deservedly so....

All I (and we) are saying is...it's time to move on because his on air skills have eroded to the point where he is becoming irrelevent to the presentation of the game, and quite frankly, he is embarrassing himself.

I am willing to wager that if you survey similar message boards across the NFL (with the possible exception of Oakland)...you will find very similar sentiment...

So let's not turn this into Raider hating...because it is not.

You havent been our rivals for 30 years...nor will you be anytime soon.

Raider Nation
08-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh lighten up, will ya? :smile: I don't believe for a minute that 83 was poking fun at anyone's illness here, Raider. We've all made silly comments in this thread about Madden, but there is some truth to the overall opinion that maybe Madden should take his Thanksgiving turkeys, get on his bus and head back home to watch the games instead of broadcasting them from the booth with Al Michaels. He was very good in the booth years back when he actually talked about the X's and O's and the mechanics of the game, but lately, all he does is babble on incessantly and idolize a few select players (yes - I would say this even if one of the objects of his affection was a Steeler) instead of sharing the game-calling responsibilities. He was a great coach and a fierce competitor in his days as the Raiders HC and is very deserving of his HOF status, but his broadcasting abilities and appeal have passed him by, imho.

I was refering to his comment towards Al Davis...

Lyn
08-22-2006, 10:50 AM

This was a joke but if Iwere a Raider fan I probably would not look at it that way. My intention was to offend noone and that statement alone may have come across as cold. I do genuinrly apologize to all Raider fans and anyone else I may have offended. John Madden is definitely a man to be admired and until he feels he is "washed up" well........

HometownGal
08-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I was refering to his comment towards Al Davis...

I didn't see that comment, but knowing how much of a gentleman and overall good guy 83 is, I would assume that it was intended as a joke and nothing more.

I'm sure that as a Raiders fan, you understand why we Steelers' fans have no fondness for Al Davis - LOL! It's nothing personal against Raiders fans - a lot of Steelers fans, especially those who were fans back in the 70's, just think the guy is a sleezebag (sorry). In fairness to him, though, he has stuck it out with his ownership of the Raiders instead of selling them for a huge profit like many NFL owners have done over the past 20 years or so. Not that Al isn't making a nice chunk of change, but you know what I'm saying here. :cool:

Raider Nation
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
This was a joke but if Iwere a Raider fan I probably would not look at it that way. My intention was to offend noone and that statement alone may have come across as cold. I do genuinrly apologize to all Raider fans and anyone else I may have offended. John Madden is definitely a man to be admired and until he feels he is "washed up" well........

I'm not mad at you. I was just pointing out your statement. As for John Madden broadcasting? Well it's like this. My main focus when watching a game is the game itself. I could care less about who announces the games nor do I take these announcers serious. Hell! Most of the time I'm at a sportsbar watching the games so I can't hear the announcers anyways.

Raider Nation
08-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I didn't see that comment, but knowing how much of a gentleman and overall good guy 83 is, I would assume that it was intended as a joke and nothing more.

I'm sure that as a Raiders fan, you understand why we Steelers' fans have no fondness for Al Davis - LOL! It's nothing personal against Raiders fans - a lot of Steelers fans, especially those who were fans back in the 70's, just think the guy is a sleezebag (sorry). In fairness to him, though, he has stuck it out with his ownership of the Raiders instead of selling them for a huge profit like many NFL owners have done over the past 20 years or so. Not that Al isn't making a nice chunk of change, but you know what I'm saying here. :cool:

Well I'm sorry you have no fondness for Al Davis. Just remember this. During the CBA talks this year, Al Davis & Dan Rooney were on the same team.

AZ_Steeler
08-22-2006, 11:20 AM
and now 12 yr olds know him for his video games.

Very true... it's just to bad though his game sucks and they had to buy the exclusive rights to eliminate the competition!

silver & black
08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm as die hard a Raiders fan as there is, and I can agree that Madden's time in the booth has reached it's end. He will always be the coach of MY Raiders...60's - 70's era... that is where my respect for him lies... as a coach. I never thought he was a good commentator... entertaining in a corny kind of way, but not a good commentator in the booth.

John Madden went into the HOF as a coach... that is what he will always be to me.

BlackNGold203
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, I'm as die hard a Raiders fan as there is, and I can agree that Madden's time in the booth has reached it's end. He will always be the coach of MY Raiders...60's - 70's era... that is where my respect for him lies... as a coach. I never thought he was a good commentator... entertaining in a corny kind of way, but not a good commentator in the booth.

John Madden went into the HOF as a coach... that is what he will always be to me.

I agree with you completely.....

Although up to about 5 years ago...I truly enjoyed madden in the booth...:cool: :cool:

blackngoldbaby
08-23-2006, 08:04 PM

GO AWAY!!!

i srongly agree they all pretty much suck i got soooo sick of them the night the redskins and the bungles played they would not stop talkin about carson palmer i mean i wanted to watch the football game not a biography of carson palmer! they make me sick i didnt even bother to watch the colts n seahawks game the other night.JEESH!!