PDA

View Full Version : Wallace to Dolphins official for 5 years, $65 million

LayingTheWoodley56
03-12-2013, 05:43 PM
And thus the dismantling of the "Young Money" trio is complete. Of course this was fully expected by us in Steeler Nation but I still feel a slight twinge of sadness with it. I had hoped that Wallace/Brown/Sanders would be our top 3 receivers for the forseeable future, but it's not to be.

Vis
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
How many threads is this already in?

harrison'samonster
03-12-2013, 05:45 PM
at the beginning of this season we thought the Steelers had one of the best WR groups in the NFL. Looks like we've got some work.

I am sorry to see Wallace go. He over-achieved considering where he was drafted. Good for him.

Lady Steel
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
VcgvFEdhq-I

EbonySteel86
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
VcgvFEdhq-I

:sofunny:

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
ha ha

$13M a year

where's the idjits who said he'd sign for Antonio Brown kinda money?

cowherpower
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
:sofunny:

dude that was genius!:chuckle:

pete74
03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Wallace is definitely an awesome reciever but not worth that much

MasterOfPuppets
03-12-2013, 06:02 PM
VcgvFEdhq-I
thats awesome...:toofunny:

Hawaii 5-0
03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
How many threads is this already in?

one can never have enough Mike Wallace threads...:chuckle:

Blacksburg Zach
03-12-2013, 06:13 PM
one can never have enough Mike Wallace threads...:chuckle:

I would say we are a bit lacking in Ben threads as well.:chuckle:

TRH
03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
good move for both parties.
For us: He was never really accepted here (some of it was brought on by Wallace himself) - and for the most part, not really even wanted back by most.
Certainly not worth $13 mil a year. Without question. We have a zillion other needs to address and still don't have enough $$$ to do so. Signing him would have been bad news for this franchise.
For Wallace : he's got his gigantic payday. Can't fault him for that.

I'm glad him and the drama is gone from here. Now we can move on and hopefully we'll see the demise of these "Wallace threads" - although i won't count on it, based on the amount of disussion Santonio Holmes still gets around here

sluggermatt15
03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
ha ha

$13M a year

where's the idjits who said he'd sign for Antonio Brown kinda money?

Wow, he got more $ than Anquan Boldin, who just won the SB and had an AWESOME postseason. How much sense does that make? I don't blame Boldin for wanting a pay raise, but Wallace getting this much... yikes!

pete74
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Wow, he got more $ than Anquan Boldin, who just won the SB and had an AWESOME postseason. How much sense does that make? I don't blame Boldin for wanting a pay raise, but Wallace getting this much... yikes!

Wallace is younger and better. Boldin can't stretch a field like Wallace.

Galax Steeler
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
All as I can say is they can have him for that kind of money.

ebsteelers
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Wallace is younger and better. Boldin can't stretch a field like Wallace.

but at the same token you cant say wallace gets the tough red zone yards like boldin

steeltheone
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
but at the same token you cant say wallace gets the tough red zone yards like boldin

Both Wallace and Boldin are better than any receiver on the Steelers roster. That being said, i don't think we need a 10 mill wideout either.

ZoneBlitzer
03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
For some guys it's all about the money. Never forget how Wallace choked in the SB on 4th down with the ball thrown right into his gut.

Steel Peon
03-12-2013, 08:23 PM
$13,000,000 a year!!! Whoo Hoo!!! Fucking party at my place! All the Jager bombs you can drink, and all the bong hits you can do........Yeah buddy!!

Kingmagyar
03-12-2013, 08:26 PM
For the season he just had in Pittsburgh he gets that much money? Wow. He will never live up to that contract and will be released in two years. This is a guy who goes with like two catches a game for long stretches. The Dolphins are idiots. And they paid linebacker Ellerbe an outrageous amount of money as well.

steeltheone
03-12-2013, 08:31 PM
For the season he just had in Pittsburgh he gets that much money? Wow. He will never live up to that contract and will be released in two years. This is a guy who goes with like two catches a game for long stretches. The Dolphins are idiots. And they paid linebacker Ellerbe an outrageous amount of money as well.

Miami has a pretty nice stable of receivers, not spectacular, but really solid.

SteelerEmpire
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Young. Famous. Healthy. Single. in Miami, and RICH ! Wallace won in the end !!!

As for the Steelers. Got every reason to believe the offense will be average at best.

Steel Peon
03-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Got every reason to believe the offense will be average at best.

Well, we're not usually considered an elite offense anyways........we usually win because of defense. I'm thinking slightly above average will work for me.

harrison'samonster
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
As for the Steelers. Got every reason to believe the offense will be average at best.

if we stay healthy, especially along the O-line and Roethlisberger, I think this offense can only get better. It's going to take some time to adjust without Wallace, but I can see us getting through it and becoming a better unit all around.

TRH
03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
if we stay healthy, especially along the O-line and Roethlisberger, I think this offense can only get better. It's going to take some time to adjust without Wallace, but I can see us getting through it and becoming a better unit all around.

I do too. Wallace certainly wasn't running our offense anywhere. We'll be better off and improve - no doubt about it.

OX1947
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Good riddance bitch ass pu$$y. Rot in Miami where you can cadillac it all year long and no one will give a shit because no one goes to watch in Miami.

harrison'samonster
03-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I do too. Wallace certainly wasn't running our offense anywhere. We'll be better off and improve - no doubt about it.

One thing we're going to have to replace with Wallace is finding a big play maker on offense. We've had Holmes and FWP, and then Wallace.

Brown and Miller are great at moving the chains, and Miller and Burress should be what we need in the Red-zone. Wallace was that one piece that was a threat anywhere.

MaidenIndiana
03-12-2013, 09:12 PM
So Wallace got his big payday, good for him. Hope the paychecks make him happy when he realizes that it's Ryan Tannyhill throwing to him and not Big Ben. No way should Pittsburgh have paid him that, and Miami will realize soon enough that hes not worth it.

sloppyjoe
03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Young. Famous. Healthy. Single. in Miami, and RICH ! Wallace won in the end !!!

we were less than average with wallace.

not that miami is ever a contender but that contract will keep them from competing for years

zcoop
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
One thing we're going to have to replace with Wallace is finding a big play maker on offense. We've had Holmes and FWP, and then Wallace.

Brown and Miller are great at moving the chains, and Miller and Burress should be what we need in the Red-zone. Wallace was that one piece that was a threat anywhere.

We'll be fine and so will Mike. I'm happy for the guy, he earned the money we paid him for 4 years. Too bad the FO couldn't work out a deal last year.

The dink and dunk offense still concerns me though.

sloppyjoe
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
So Wallace got his big payday, good for him. Hope the paychecks make him happy when he realizes that it's Ryan Tannyhill throwing to him and not Big Ben. No way should Pittsburgh have paid him that, and Miami will realize soon enough that hes not worth it.

wallace doesnt care about the qb, team or winning. he cares about the money

harrison'samonster
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
We'll be fine and so will Mike. I'm happy for the guy, he earned the money we paid him for 4 years. Too bad the FO couldn't work out a deal last year.

The dink and dunk offense still concerns me though.

i agree with everything but the last bit. I think with a healthy O-line we'll only get better.

zcoop
03-12-2013, 09:19 PM

Him and about 100% of the other players in the NFL or they wouldn't have agents and such. They work in a big money business.

zcoop
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
i agree with everything but the last bit. I think with a healthy O-line we'll only get better.

I hope you're right.

NSMaster56
03-12-2013, 09:22 PM
That 'The Wire' spoof was epic. 5 stars!

harrison'samonster
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I hope you're right.

so do I. It's not unreasonable to think though that we will be better. We have a few big issues on offense to get over though. Wallace being gone, Miller being injured, and the question of staying healthy.

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Mike Wallace officially joins Miami

Updated: March 13, 2013
ESPN.com news services

Wallace was introduced to the media on Wednesday after signing a five-year contract. The deal is worth $60 million and includes $30 million in guarantees, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The former Pittsburgh Steelers receiver was asked if he could give a time frame for the Dolphins to compete for the AFC East crown with the Patriots and vie for a Super Bowl title.

"Hopefully we can compete this year. That's why we're in this. We're in this to compete every year," he said. "We expect to compete as soon as we step on the field. From Day 1, we're going to compete with everybody and we're going to let the chips fall where they will."

Miami on Wednesday also announced the additions of linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler. Ellerbe signed a five-year deal worth $35 million, according to the Baltimore Sun. Sources told ESPN that Wheeler received $26 million over five years with $13 million guaranteed.

Wallace said it was hard to leave Pittsburgh but he had to look out for himself when he hit free agency.

"That's all I know so it was definitely hard for me [to leave the Steelers]. But as we all know this is a business and you have to make the best decision for yourself. I'm excited to move forward," he said.

He said the biggest adjustment would be adapting to playing football in the South again after playing four seasons in Pittsburgh. The Steelers drafted Wallace in the third round (84th overall) in 2009 out of Mississippi.

He joins a Dolphins receiver corps that had just three combined touchdown receptions last season. Wallace had eight touchdowns last season for Pittsburgh.

"Everything is in the past with those guys and we're all a part of the same group now," he said. "I'm going to do my best to motivate those guys and I think we'll see more touchdowns from everybody."

He said he has already spoken with his new quarterback, Ryan Tannehill and had dinner with him Tuesday night.

"He picked the check up, so he's a great guy," Wallace said with a chuckle.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9048386/2013-nfl-free-agency-mike-wallace-says-miami-dolphins-compete-day-1

bornaSteelersfan
03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
"He (Mike Wallace) said he has already spoken with his new quarterback, Ryan Tannehill and had dinner with him Tuesday night.

"He picked the check up, so he's a great guy," Wallace said with a chuckle."

Wallace makes more money and doesn't pay the check, hmmmmm.

austinfrench76
03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Glad this is over. To say they over paid is an understatement. The real winner here is Hartline. Wallace will draw the coverage and Hartline will thrive! LOL

TRH
03-13-2013, 03:26 PM

exactly.
Wallace doesn't care if he wins, loses, or doesn't even get the ball. He's got his big money. Thats all he wants.

99% of the time when you hear that dreaded "all i want to do is win the Super Bowl, thats all its about" interview bull-shit speech by someone, they're just saying it to toe the line - they don't mean it AT ALL. That speech is dead now.
Every once in a while, you get a guy who truly wants to "win" - but thats few and far between these days.
Wallace could care less..

tanda10506
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Addition by subtraction. Good luck trying to catch balls from Tannehill when you couldn't catch shit from one of the league's best QB's. Glad it happened. With as crappy as our offense has been these last 2 years, we didn't need him going MIA for another half of a season or dropping passes all year long like last year, making our mediocre offense even worse.

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Well... I stuck up for Wallace hoping beyond hope he would stay a Steeler.

He is an idiot for leaving a great franchise to become a bottom-feeder with a perenially weak team for a few million... how many endorsements is he going to get losing with the Miami Dolphins?

I even went to far as to call Mike Wallace the greatest receiver of all time :chuckle:

I will now admit that he is all about the money and is content with mediocrity as long as that means he drives an extra car or two.

Good riddance. I hope all that "young money" bs stops. Brown needs to pull his head out of his ass.

harrison'samonster
03-14-2013, 01:12 PM
I even went to far as to call Mike Wallace the greatest receiver of all time :chuckle:

good times. :chuckle:

I wish Wallace well, but I would have rather he stayed focused on his game and stayed in Pittsburgh.

Bane
03-14-2013, 02:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/mike-wallaces-cap-number-in-2013-is-only-3-2-5-million/

Vis
03-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Often, when only general details emerge regarding a big contract, the truth ends up undercutting the perception created by the deal.

So that’s why we were skeptical about the Mike Wallace contract, which was described only as being worth $60 million over five years, with $30 million guaranteed.

Here are the full details, per a source with knowledge of the contract.

1. $11 million signing bonus.

2. $1 million base salary in 2013, fully guaranteed.

3. $15 million base salary in 2014, fully guaranteed.

4. $9.85 million base salary in 2015, $3 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed next March.

5. $11.45 million base salary in 2016.

6. $11.45 million base salary in 2017.

7. $50,000 workout bonus, each year.

The cap numbers are $3.25 million in 2013, $17.25 million in 2014, $12.1 million in 2015, $13.7 million in 2016, and $13.7 million in 2017.

It adds up to a whopping $27 million in fully guaranteed money. As a practical matter, it’s a three-year, $37 million deal, with a year-to-year option on the remainder.

By 2016, the question will become whether Wallace’s performance justifies an investment of $11.45 million in cash — especially since cutting him would cost only $4.4 million against the cap.

The low cap number in 2013 gives Miami plenty of additional room to maneuver as the team attempts to improve its performance and generate excitement in South Florida.

Who will they have to cut next year?

harrison'samonster
03-14-2013, 02:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/mike-wallaces-cap-number-in-2013-is-only-3-2-5-million/

cap hit for 2014 is 17.25 million! That's a bit steep.

Bane
03-14-2013, 02:36 PM
I thought Flacco only told Anquan, "Stick to your guns."

Sounds like Mike Wallace wanted to Flacco another team.

Blackout
03-15-2013, 12:52 AM
All the money in the world wouldn't convince me to play for the Dolphins.

"This is a business" says pretty much everything about him.

Maybe some of that money can go towards customized gloves to catch balls.

ZoneBlitzer
03-15-2013, 03:09 AM
Prediction. He'll be a bust. We see it all the time. As soon as these type of athletes hit pay dirt, their play inexplicably plummets. I think it's psychological. They feel like they've won the lottery, climbed the mountain, etc. and they have an internal motivational drop.

IowaSteeler927
03-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Good riddance. Miami overpaid for trash we should've kicked to the curb a long time ago. NFL Speed, College hands, High School route running ability, and a complete lack of work ethic to step up and block. Not to mention he has an ego that rivals that of Randy Moss. Expecting Larry Fitz money when he disappeared for a good portion of the 2012 season? Dropped passes, disappearances in big games, etc... etc.... How anyone could of liked Mike Wallace is beyond my comprehension. Nothing but a carbon copy version of Darrius Heyward-Bey that happened to have a better QB in Ben Roethlisberger throwing the ball to him. You can have him Miami, especially for 65 million, IMO he's not even worth half that.

pete74
03-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Good riddance. Miami overpaid for trash we should've kicked to the curb a long time ago. NFL Speed, College hands, High School route running ability, and a complete lack of work ethic to step up and block. Not to mention he has an ego that rivals that of Randy Moss. Expecting Larry Fitz money when he disappeared for a good portion of the 2012 season? Dropped passes, disappearances in big games, etc... etc.... How anyone could of liked Mike Wallace is beyond my comprehension. Nothing but a carbon copy version of Darrius Heyward-Bey that happened to have a better QB in Ben Roethlisberger throwing the ball to him. You can have him Miami, especially for 65 million, IMO he's not even worth half that.

I gurentee you didn't feel this way when he was catching more touchdowns his first three years then just about any other receivers ever. Or when he stepped up when Holmes left and we didn't notice a drop off.
I hate how all the sudden people think Wallace only hurt this team. Brown has done more showboating in his short time then Wallace ever did and Wallace has much, much better stats
With that said Miami definitely overpaid and there QB is horrible so Wallace will never produce in Miami like he did Pittsburgh so he will be considered a bust.

Ricco Suavez
03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
www.imdb.com/title/tt0060862/quotes?qt=qt0208475[QUOTE=pete74;1092716]I gurentee you didn't feel this way when he was catching more touchdowns his first three years then just about any other receivers ever. Or when he stepped up when Holmes left and we didn't notice a drop off.
I hate how all the sudden people think Wallace only hurt this team. Brown has done more showboating in his short time then Wallace ever did and Wallace has much, much better stats
With that said Miami definitely overpaid and there QB is horrible so Wallace will never produce in Miami like he did Pittsburgh so he will be considered a bust.[/QUOT

Sub Mike Wallace for Revolucion in the quote and you have him pegged. Great movie by the way.

pete74
03-15-2013, 11:09 AM
www.imdb.com/title/tt0060862/quotes?qt=qt0208475[QUOTE=pete74;1092716]I gurentee you didn't feel this way when he was catching more touchdowns his first three years then just about any other receivers ever. Or when he stepped up when Holmes left and we didn't notice a drop off.
With that said Miami definitely overpaid and there QB is horrible so Wallace will never produce in Miami like he did Pittsburgh so he will be considered a bust.[/QUOT

Sub Mike Wallace for Revolucion in the quote and you have him pegged. Great movie by the way.

So what are your views on him? Do you think he was horrible and just hurt our team? If so I would love to see what you think of Brown, Sanders and Cotchry who have never produced like Wallace

Ricco Suavez
03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Loved him as a Steeler until last year, he made no bones how he felt and it showed in his play. If he wanted a bigger payday from the Steelers he should of showed up and manned up. He eventually got what he wanted "the cash". As far as how any of our players pan out or for that matter even how Wallace will do remains to be seen. I would of loved to have kept Wallace but not at his and his agents price tag.

pete74
03-15-2013, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't keep him for 13million either. Hell I wouldn't pay Fitz that much. WR's just aren'tworth it. There are more iimportant positions. A good QB can make a decent WR look great and a bad QB can make a great WR look bad

harrison'samonster
03-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't keep him for 13million either. Hell I wouldn't pay Fitz that much. WR's just aren'tworth it. There are more iimportant positions. A good QB can make a decent WR look great and a bad QB can make a great WR look bad

I agree, I think Zcoop pointed that out as well. Wallace had a few bad moments this past year, but I think what really makes ppl not like him is the loss to GB in the SB. I think that turned ppl against Mendenhall as well.

IowaSteeler927
03-16-2013, 04:53 AM
I gurentee you didn't feel this way when he was catching more touchdowns his first three years then just about any other receivers ever. Or when he stepped up when Holmes left and we didn't notice a drop off.
With that said Miami definitely overpaid and there QB is horrible so Wallace will never produce in Miami like he did Pittsburgh so he will be considered a bust.

Well your guarantee wouldn't be worth much then because I've never been high on Mike Wallace. Whenever anyone gets a TD for this team I'm happy, doesn't mean that I fall in love with them. Mike Wallace produced yes.. but he was never the dominant number one receiver that shows up every week. He takes plays off, he runs out of bounds, he can't block, he drops passes he should've easily caught when he tries turning his eyes up the field before he has possession, etc... He also does a nice disappearing act in big games when we've needed him the most.

The only guys who should be making 65 Million at the receiver position are Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston, and either Roddy White or Julio Jones. Those are guys that show up, and are focused week in and week out. So no I've never been the biggest Mike Wallace fan. My Mother asks me what I'd like for Christmas or my birthday and I tell her anything Steelers except for a Mike Wallace jersey.

Hawaii 5-0
03-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Will Mike Wallace join list of busts?

Big splashes in free agency often end up sinking teams later -- just ask Eagles

Originally Published: March 14, 2013
By Ashley Fox | ESPN.com

Sure, everyone is overjoyed in Miami. They're lauding Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland -- imagine that -- for reeling in the biggest fish of free agency, wide receiver Mike Wallace, and snatching linebacker Dannell Ellerbe away from the world champion Baltimore Ravens. Dolphins fans are so happy that they might open up their wallets and buy merchandise or -- gasp -- season tickets.

Miami is the big "winner" of free agency, but remember, the Lombardi trophy is given out in February, not March.

You know what being the winner of free agency means? The Dolphins overpaid for players who might live up to all those zeros on their checks. Might.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0221/bos_u_wallacem_200.jpg

Will Mike Wallace be as successful paired with Ryan Tannehill as he was with Ben Roethlisberger?

The annual turning of the league calendar and the subsequent arrival of free agency are fun and exhilarating and often bring optimism to fan bases that have lacked it for a while. What's better than getting a star player, even if that star player was someone else's star, thriving in someone else's environment, listening to someone else's coaches, playing with someone else's players? The thinking goes like this: The player worked somewhere else, so he must be able to work here. And then the money flies out the window and into the player's pocket.

But throwing gobs of money at someone in free agency is not without peril. It often doesn't work, for a variety of reasons.

Case in point: Nnamdi Asomugha.

Any list of the biggest busts since the league instituted free agency in 1993 should have Asomugha near the top. (Understanding that Albert Haynesworth deserves his own special list for getting even one penny from Washington for two-plus seasons of "work.") Asomugha is the perfect cautionary tale, an example of how a player can thrive in one system and then completely fall off the map, costing his new team precious time and a lot of money.

In 2011, Philadelphia viewed Asomugha as one of the few missing pieces on a roster the team's management at the time -- owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid, president Joe Banner and general manager Howie Roseman -- believed was talented enough to win a Super Bowl that season. In the lockout-shortened free-agency period, the Eagles were super aggressive, signing defensive end Jason Babin, defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins, wide receiver Steve Smith and quarterback Vince Young, and trading quarterback Kevin Kolb to Arizona for cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Asomugha was the cherry on top.

The Eagles gave Asomugha a five-year, $60 million deal with $25 million guaranteed. Then they asked him to play for a former offensive line coach turned defensive coordinator who ran a zone system unlike the press-man coverage Asomugha had played in Oakland.

In two seasons, Asomugha made four interceptions. He looked lost in 2011 and slow in 2012, frequently getting beat on deep routes. Defensive problems up front forced Asomugha to tackle more. It was a bad fit all the way around. Asomugha lost his confidence and never was the player many considered to be one of the best cornerbacks in the league in Oakland. Adding insult to the mistake, the Eagles must pay Asomugha $4 million this season even though they cut him Tuesday. Here's $4 million. Go away.

The Eagles, understandably, have taken a more measured approach to free agency this year, signing five under-the-radar players: cornerback Bradley Fletcher, tight end James Casey, safety Patrick Chung, linebacker Jason Phillips and nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga. Speaking to reporters Tuesday, Roseman acknowledged that "you've got to learn from the things that you've done," and that "for us this is what we felt was right for our team at this particular time."

It was well played.

For the Dolphins, getting Ellerbe was a coup. The Ravens wanted him back and viewed him as a priority. After career highs in sacks and tackles in 2012, Ellerbe was the heir apparent to Ray Lewis, and he wanted to stay in Baltimore. But money talks, and according to the Baltimore Sun, Miami gave Ellerbe five years and $35 million.

Wallace got a five-year deal for $60 million -- with $30 million guaranteed -- after he caught 64 passes for 836 yards and eight touchdowns in Pittsburgh last season. Yes, he's the fastest receiver in the game. He can help Miami stretch the field and open up things for the other receivers and the running game. But that's dependent on Ryan Tannehill's ability to get Wallace the ball. Ben Roethlisberger certainly could, which is why Wallace has had the most 40-yard catches in the NFL since 2009.

Can Tannehill do that? If he can't, Wallace isn't the type of receiver who picks up third downs. He has a history of being distracted and sometimes unmotivated. Wallace was playing for a new contract last season. That motivated him. But he also acknowledged that his uncertain contract situation distracted him at times, which means he's not the most mentally strong guy in the world.

Wallace should want to prove to the Dolphins and their fans that the team's investment in him was worth it, but what happens when there are bumps in the road? What happens if he doesn't get the ball where, when and as often as he wants it? What happens once the motivation of establishing himself is gone?

The bet here is that two years or three years down the road, we will add Wallace to that list of free-agent busts where Asomugha now rests.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9051732/nfl-miami-dolphins-rue-free-agent-signings

Hawaii 5-0
03-17-2013, 12:15 PM
WALLACE RESTRUCTURE ALREADY?

It's not just the Steelers who renegotiate contracts. Look for the Dolphins to rework Mike Wallace's $60 million, five-year deal after this season.

Wallace's salary cap hit is only $3.25 million in 2013, but it jumps to a whopping $17.25 in 2014. No team can afford that.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3655933-74/steelers-alan-ball#ixzz2NoKMEe6I