PDA

View Full Version : We will win the division next year, baltimore is done.

steelers33
03-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Not to sound premature, but I think Baltimore is done. You just have that feeling this team had their lucky Super Bowl run, but now are going to come back down to reality. I think they're 8-8 next year. I think we go 12-4. Huge bounce back year, and legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Remember at times last year that our offense looked unstoppable and our defense as well. We very well could of won the Super Bowl this year is some things just went our way. Even LeBeau and other players have said it. I think getting David Decastro back, getting younger on defense, and a potential star with the first round pick Jarvis Jones. Mel Kiper had this kid number 1 overall player a few weeks running, so that just speaks of his ability. He might fall to us if he has that medical condition, and we will definitely take him. We will be back, and the Bengals aren't real.

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 02:51 AM
I think we go 12-4. Huge bounce back year, and legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

what makes you think that, besides the fact that you're a Steelers fan?

Bayz101
03-13-2013, 02:52 AM
A Super Bowl hangover is certainly a possibility, but I don't think they'll be out of it for long. If they miss the playoffs next year they'll probably be right back in the thick of it the following year.

bornaSteelersfan
03-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Baltimore is definitely in trouble losing all those players, but I think the Steelers lost more. Especially when someone picks up Keenan. Let's face it, the Bengals look to be in the best situation at this point.

TheVet
03-13-2013, 03:14 AM
I think we go 12-4. Huge bounce back year, and legitimate Super Bowl contenders

http://forums.steelersfever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1583&d=1363158840

Bayz101
03-13-2013, 03:50 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1583&d=1363158840

Now is NOT the time to rebuild. Ben is still the QB, and the offense around him is still young. We'll reload and make a run as long as everyone stays healthy.

TheVet
03-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Now is NOT the time to rebuild. Ben is still the QB, and the offense around him is still young. We'll reload and make a run as long as everyone stays healthy.
Yeah, I sorta agree, but I couldn't resist - because predicting 12-4 right now is just pure denial. It's not a full-scale rebuilding, but it's certainly not a normal Steeler reloading either.

Let's call it a mini-rebuilding.

Galax Steeler
03-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I sorta agree, but I couldn't resist - because predicting 12-4 right now is just pure denial. It's not a full-scale rebuilding, but it's certainly not a normal Steeler reloading either.

Let's call it a mini-rebuilding.

I have to say 12-4 is asking alot from this team with the players we are loosing and the rookies coming in.

Millers the sh!t
03-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Unlike us, the ravens have a GOOD head coach who gets the most out of his players. If they hurt from all the player releases I guarantee they recover faster than we do. Even if we do win AFCN. We probably go in injured and one and done in the playoffs Like a year before.

I can only hope we go 12-4 like this other fan says. In reality we were only a few plays from going 11-5 or 6-10. Anything truly can happen I guess. I'm not looking or expecting a great seAson but I want to see out fucking run game and redzone improve. Most of all I want to see the fundamentals improve. Dropped catches, fumbles especially in our own redzone fucking killed us last year. Lack of discipline is a sign of a lazy coach. The ravens won't have ineptitude for like we have. Harbaugh won't allow it. He has more drive and passion than Tomlin ever will.

Lokki
03-13-2013, 06:38 AM
It's not a full-scale rebuild.. we are being remodeled and brought up-to-date. :)

Opt2loc
03-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Baltimore is definitely in trouble losing all those players, but I think the Steelers lost more. Especially when someone picks up Keenan. Let's face it, the Bengals look to be in the best situation at this point.

The Ravens lost Grubbs, Johnson and Redding last year and made up for it just fine.

TRH
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Not to sound premature, but I think Baltimore is done. You just have that feeling this team had their lucky Super Bowl run, but now are going to come back down to reality. I think they're 8-8 next year. I think we go 12-4. Huge bounce back year, and legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Remember at times last year that our offense looked unstoppable and our defense as well. We very well could of won the Super Bowl this year is some things just went our way. Even LeBeau and other players have said it. I think getting David Decastro back, getting younger on defense, and a potential star with the first round pick Jarvis Jones. Mel Kiper had this kid number 1 overall player a few weeks running, so that just speaks of his ability. He might fall to us if he has that medical condition, and we will definitely take him. We will be back, and the Bengals aren't real.

Man, i hear that every year. Our entire team of starters could go down in a sinking ship somewhere in the ocean - and just like clockwork - you'll hear "yeah, i think we're going to go about 12-4 next year....".

Can i have some of what you're smoking?

Steeldude
03-13-2013, 08:31 AM
The Ravens will be the team to beat in 2013. Just as they were before in 2012 before the season started. Many claimed they weren't the team to beat. The Bengals are only going to get better. Even the Browns will be improved, IMO.

Without Harrison or at least one OLB who can compare, the season is going to be a long one

Steelers>NFL
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Every year I predict the Steelers to go 11-5. Every year. Because they always could be better or worst. You never know what you are getting with them. But I am not ready to make any prediction for this coming season until after the FA, the draft and June cuts.

ebsteelers
03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
as long as ben is the qb pitt has a chance to win the division..
as long as the ravens have flacco and harbaugh they have a chance to win the division.

steeltheone
03-13-2013, 09:15 AM
At this point ( things may change) from last year to this year:

QB... Better Ben is still in his prime

RB.... Worse. Nobody replaces Mendy and the loss of Rainey

WR ... Worse plax for Wallace... Huge drop

TE....Worse Heath hurt

OLine...Better Stay healthy

steeltheone
03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
DLine....Same

LB .. Worse Older Foote ... No solid replacement for Harrison

Safety... Worse. Troy and Clark are past the point of getting better

Corner....Worse. Ike same as above and Butler unproven

ebsteelers
03-13-2013, 10:16 AM

TE....Worse Heath hurt

if plax can become useful in the red zone, that could be a wash, granted he wont be the vertical speed threat of wallace, but its the tough yards we need a wide out to get..

and you mean david johnson isnt an upgrade over heath? damn. lol:rofl:

Millers the sh!t
03-13-2013, 10:19 AM

TE....Worse Heath hurt

QB- same, still gonna have Ben miss 3 games from injury then take 3 more weeks of shitty play to get back into form. Will cost us games and the.division.

RB- better, because our o line will be a bit better and more experienced. We can get by with Dwyer and Redman they just need a hole every once and a while. I'm looking forward to seeing what our new oline coach will get out of our men.

WR- better because we have a man who can fight and catch a ball and shows effort. Will improve out red zone %. You say huge drop..... I say Wallace had about ten huge drops last year. Fuck Wallace he handicapped us last year and cost us games.

TE definitely worst.

O line- same-better. I'm glad colon got cut. We will improve every week. Hopefully we stay healthy and get a good running game going so we can really protect our qb.

casteeler
03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
The only thing that could be better offensively is the o-line. If the Steelers go 8-8 that wouldn't/shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who is realistic, this team needs offense BADLY!

steeltheone
03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
QB- same, still gonna have Ben miss 3 games from injury then take 3 more weeks of shitty play to get back into form. Will cost us games and the.division.

RB- better, because our o line will be a bit better and more experienced. We can get by with Dwyer and Redman they just need a hole every once and a while. I'm looking forward to seeing what our new oline coach will get out of our men.

WR- better because we have a man who can fight and catch a ball and shows effort. Will improve out red zone %. You say huge drop..... I say Wallace had about ten huge drops last year. Fuck Wallace he handicapped us last year and cost us games.

TE definitely worst.

O line- same-better. I'm glad colon got cut. We will improve every week. Hopefully we stay healthy and get a good running game going so we can really protect our qb.
There is just no way you can say we are better at wideout. Wallace may not be worth 12 mill to the Steelers but he is twice the receivers 36 year old Plax is.

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Bernard Pollard, Ravens part ways

Posted by Mike Florio

And another domino has fallen in Baltimore.

This time, the Ravens apparently have chosen to part ways with safety Bernard Pollard and his $2 million base salary.

Pollard broke the news on his verified Twitter account: “Well Raven Nation it’s been fun. My time in Baltimore is done… Thank you!”

It means that Pollard, who played for the Chiefs and Texans, will become an unrestricted free agent. Given the damage he has done in the past to the Patriots, from wrecking Tom Brady’s knee in 2008 to a jarring hit that forced a game-changing fumble in the 2012 AFC title game, maybe it’s time for New England to give him a call.

The move also suggests that the Ravens are making progress with safety Ed Reed.

If not, Baltimore will be without both starting inside linebackers and both starting safeties in 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/bernard-pollard-ravens-part-ways/

-- What is going on in Baltimore right now? Reed, Kruger, Ellerbe, Boldin and now Pollard?

Steelers>NFL
03-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Posted by Mike Florio

This time, the Ravens apparently have chosen to part ways with safety Bernard Pollard and his $2 million base salary.

Pollard broke the news on his verified Twitter account: “Well Raven Nation it’s been fun. My time in Baltimore is done… Thank you!”

It means that Pollard, who played for the Chiefs and Texans, will become an unrestricted free agent. Given the damage he has done in the past to the Patriots, from wrecking Tom Brady’s knee in 2008 to a jarring hit that forced a game-changing fumble in the 2012 AFC title game, maybe it’s time for New England to give him a call.

If not, Baltimore will be without both starting inside linebackers and both starting safeties in 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/bernard-pollard-ravens-part-ways/

-- What is going on in Baltimore right now? Reed, Kruger, Ellerbe, Boldin and now Pollard?

Reed is not gone yet, is he? I think that is why Pollard is gone, so they can retain Reed.

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Reed is not gone yet, is he? I think that is why Pollard is gone, so they can retain Reed.

Every single report I've read has said the chances of him being retained are close to 0. Besides, why do they prefer Reed over Pollard? He's 34 and his skillset is diminishing while Pollard is 28 and hitting his prime. This doesn't make any sense to me, but I know it makes me happy.

steelerschik
03-13-2013, 11:22 AM

Posted by Mike Florio

Am I wrong to think it has something to do with that ridiculous amount of money thrown at Flacco? Yeah, nearly as ridiculous as the Wallace money (which made me laugh my ass off), but whatever. Don't worry, I'm sure their fans will say it doesn't matter who they cut, they'll be fine. I laugh at these fans that say their team won't change no matter who they cut, but the Steelers will get worse. Whatever. I also don't share the doom and gloom posts about the Steelers either.

BTW, I will never fault guys who go/stay where the money is, wouldn't we all. But that doesn't mean I don't think these organizations are complete moronic assholes thinking these guys are worth those insane amounts, especially Miami who I feel got a huge rip off. I find it laughable.

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Am I wrong to think it has something to do with that ridiculous amount of money thrown at Flacco? Yeah, nearly as ridiculous as the Wallace money (which made me laugh my ass off), but whatever. Don't worry, I'm sure their fans will say it doesn't matter who they cut, they'll be fine. I laugh at these fans that say their team won't change no matter who they cut, but the Steelers will get worse. Whatever. I also don't share the doom and gloom posts about the Steelers either.

BTW, I will never fault guys who go/stay where the money is, wouldn't we all. But that doesn't mean I don't think these organizations are complete moronic assholes thinking these guys are worth those insane amounts, especially Miami who I feel got a huge rip off. I find it laughable.

It's actually what made this move so confusing. Pollard had a cap hit of 3.5 million and 2 of it was guaranteed money. Now, after the bonus cash, the Ravens only save 1 million and (a very small amount) of change here. Flacco's cap hit is only 6.8 million in 2013 thus cutting Pollard doesn't make a lot of sense. There's other ways they could've saved the same amount of money without letting another starter go. While it might have something to do with Flacco's deal, it's one of those moves that makes the front office look like they have no idea what they're doing.

Ravens fans are freaking. out. right now and it's hilarious.

steelerschik
03-13-2013, 12:01 PM
It's actually what made this move so confusing. Pollard had a cap hit of 3.5 million and 2 of it was guaranteed money. Now, after the bonus cash, the Ravens only save 1 million and (a very small amount) of change here. Flacco's cap hit is only 6.8 million in 2013 thus cutting Pollard doesn't make a lot of sense. There's other ways they could've saved the same amount of money without letting another starter go. While it might have something to do with Flacco's deal, it's one of those moves that makes the front office look like they have no idea what they're doing.

LOL, any time a Ravens fan freaks out it's hilarious! Just wait until Flacco's SB hot streak is forgotten and he goes back to his mediocre ways. The bitchfest will start about him being overpaid, which come on, we all know he ain't worth that right now even. Hell didn't they just let go of Boldin, one of the WRs that made Flacco look good in the first place?

steelfury02
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
regardless of team - you don't lose Ray Lewis, Kruger, Ellerbe, Boldin, Pollard, maybe Reed and just expect to be just as good. They will at least have a rough patch that could determine seeding.

Does that mean they're done? No. Does it mean they're more vulnerable from an experience and leadership standpoint? Heck yes

stb_steeler
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM

That's what happens to a team after the SB, they lose some good players.

NSMaster56
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup.

A couple things of note re: Ravens losses:
-The Steelers had some (key) veteran losses this offseason, too.
-The Ravens have lost plenty of vets in the past (Boulware, McCreary, Siragusa, McAllister, Starks, Scott, Hartwell...) and still managed to put an impressive 10-year run together.

Both the Ravens and Steelers are clearly in danger of 'falling back into the pack' (or worse), but to announce either 'dead' when they've been among the most resilient teams of the last 10+ years seems premature.

Buzzards may be circling overhead, but this isn't a roadkill block party just yet.

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Ravens to release Bernard Pollard

Updated: March 13, 2013
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The Baltimore Ravens will release strong safety Bernard Pollard after he takes his physical Wednesday morning, according to a team source.

Pollard, 29, was the leading tackler last season for the Super Bowl champions and was the team's physical presence in the secondary. He forced a key fumble in the AFC Championship Game in New England, when he delivered a vicious hit on New England Patriots running back Stevan Ridley.

Pollard broke the news of his upcoming release when he posted on Twitter: "Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!"

Ravens fullback Vonta Leach reacted with surprise to Pollard's news in a tweet of his own Wednesday.

"Wow my boy @Crushboy31 is gone great teammate and father on and off the field," he wrote.

Pollard finished his second season with the Ravens, leading the team with 98 tackles. He also had two sacks and an interception.

This offseason, the Ravens have already lost seven members from their Super Bowl team.

Baltimore has released Pollard and guard Bobbie Williams, traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin to the 49ers, lost linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Paul Kruger in free agency and watched linebacker Ray Lewis and center Matt Birk retire.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047356/baltimore-ravens-release-top-tackler-bernard-pollard-source

GMU Steeler
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't know about 12-4 but I do see us being in the thick of things. Outside the San Diego game, we weren't losing by big margins. I think 10-6 is possible. And yeah I do think the Ravens are in for a SB hangover. They've lost quite a few players already and we're only on day two of free agency.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
That's what happens to a team after the SB, they lose some good players.

If you remember, shortly after their first super bowl win they did the same thing and weren't worth squat for about 4 years afterward.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
BTW, does this smell a lot like what the Florida Marlins did after their World Series win? Win a championship, sell a boatload of season tickets, then gut it, and replace with 3 rate players playing for peanuts?

pete74
03-13-2013, 03:34 PM
BTW, does this smell a lot like what the Florida Marlins did after their World Series win? Win a championship, sell a boatload of season tickets, then gut it, and replace with 3 rate players playing for peanuts?

You can say we did the same. Everyone thing minus winning it all. We lost just as many big time players as Baltimore if not more and were not done.
As long as we have Rothlisbetger and they have Flacco we will both be competing

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Ravens are losing a lot of key guys just like us. Should make it a even playing field next year. But look out for the bengals I don't believe they lost anyone and they having been slowing on the rise.

pete74
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Ravens are losing a lot of key guys just like us. Should make it a even playing field next year. But look out for the bengals I don't believe they lost anyone and they having been slowing on the rise.

You can laugh but the Browns as well. If they can get decent play from the QB position they will be dangerous. They already have a tough defense and a very good rb

GMU Steeler
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM

No, the Marlins spent a bunch of money on FAs that season. The Ravens didn't do that. They're reaping the results of making Flacco the most highest QB in the league. It's a different situation. Now that said, I'd be happy if the Ravens fell into what the Marlins fell into following 1997 but it's a different situation.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-13-2013, 03:49 PM
You can laugh but the Browns as well. If they can get decent play from the QB position they will be dangerous. They already have a tough defense and a very good rb

I was going to put the but I figured I get a lot of laughs but you are exactly right if there offense can click they will be a good team.

That's the life of living in the AFC north most of the time 3 teams have a chance to take the divison.

ZoneBlitzer
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Steelers are getting worse with each passing day. I would like to sniff the same glue that inspired the OP to believe in a 12 and 4 season but I can't see it happening unless they have a draft for the ages.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
What you need to look at on the Ravens is on their defense. They lost the top 4 tacklers on their defense. We might lose a CB that defensed 12 passes and a rapidly aging LB.

On offense, we lost one somewhat productive WR, they lost one of the more consistent productive WRs in the game, they lost their center, maybe their LT, we lost or starting guard that hasn't played a full season in 3 years, do I need to go on??

While the Ravens are gutting, we are laying the foundation for a solid future. Have faith.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 04:01 PM

The Browns are going to be a tough out for sure. The D they are building is getting downright scary. I think our O will still be diverse enough to give them all they can handle, as long as we stop commiting dumb penalties.

Agreed on Weedon. The OL there ain't too shabby there either and I'll bet Thomas has got to be doing summersaults over Harrison finally moving on.

pete74
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
What you need to look at on the Ravens is on their defense. They lost the top 4 tacklers on their defense. We might lose a CB that defensed 12 passes and a rapidly aging LB.

On offense, we lost one somewhat productive WR, they lost one of the more consistent productive WRs in the game, they lost their center, maybe their LT, we lost or starting guard that hasn't played a full season in 3 years, do I need to go on??

While the Ravens are gutting, we are laying the foundation for a solid future. Have faith.

Of course your going to look at it that way. Ballston it's best and we just lost players we don't need anyway. I think we lost more butiI'm not worried and neither should the Ravens be because we will both be competing again next year

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM

This! Can we put bells and whistles on this post so everyone can see it?!

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
The Browns are going to be a tough out for sure. The D they are building is getting downright scary. I think our O will still be diverse enough to give them all they can handle, as long as we stop commiting dumb penalties.

Agreed on Weedon. The OL there ain't too shabby there either and I'll bet Thomas has got to be doing summersaults over Harrison finally moving on.

Name me a wide receiver on that team.

Could you?

They have Trent Richardson on offense. That's it. He's their entire offense. They're putting their faith and everything they have into a second year Running Back who underachieved last year and didn't scare anybody.

As for their defense, it's still bad. They have Joe Haden who Wallace made look silly game in and game out against the Browns and no legitimate Safeties or CB to play opposite Haden. Their front seven is improving, but let's be honest here, when we played the Ravens did we think "oh shit, there's that Paul Kruger guy we have to look out for". Of course not - Suggs often times freed him up while commanding double-teams. Their DLine might be getting better, granted, but so is our offensive line. Our offensive line is going to be leaps and bounds better than it was last year as it's younger with a new and improved scheme. I trust the interior of DeCastro, Pouncey and (at this point) Foster more than whatever Cleveland decides to field against us.

Their coaching staff aside from Norv is laughable. Chuddy couldn't get anything going with Cam Newton and you're afraid of what him and his brain trust Norv are going to come up with for Brandon Weeden? You're going to have to excuse me if I don't think Cleveland is anywhere close to competing with us and the Ravens. They're still a Quarterback, legitimate Wide Receiver, the entire interior offensive line and their whole secondary away from competing.

bornaSteelersfan
03-13-2013, 04:17 PM
SteelersCanada, while The Browns may not be complete, yet, they DID get 8 TO's out of us in one game this past year. You can lie to yourself and say that The Steelers played extremely sloppy, but give The Browns their due. Their defense played a great game that day.

harrison'samonster
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Name me a wide receiver on that team.

Could you?

They have Trent Richardson on offense. That's it. He's their entire offense. They're putting their faith and everything they have into a second year Running Back who underachieved last year and didn't scare anybody.

josh gordon, greg little are both big recievers. Gordon could turn into something special. And that speedier Benjamin who is starting to come on. Benjamin Watson is one of the better pass catching TE in my opinion. If the Browns solve the QB question they will become winners.

By the way, Richardson broke Cleveland's rookie rushing record (Jim Brown) playing with broken ribs. He's going to be something.

austinfrench76
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
We have a great shot at the division and they aren't doen gutting yet. More to come...

VaDave
03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Of course your going to look at it that way. Ballston it's best and we just lost players we don't need anyway. I think we lost more butiI'm not worried and neither should the Ravens be because we will both be competing again next year

Of course I would hope we will continue to be competitive, but I'm going to disagree wholeheartedly that the Ravens aren't taking it in the short hairs more so than the Steelers.

Their D is going to be a shell next year, unless they land some miracles. You can book that. The best part of their OL isn't going to be there. The only one worth a crap left is Yanda. Oher has a rep from his blindside story, but in reality, he a passable RT at best. If Woodley decides to shape up, he's give that kid nightmares.

What you are going to see out of them is a team that can't stop anybody, and on O, Flacco is just going to chuck out there and hope for a PI call on Jones.

Call me crazy but I can honestly see them going 4-12 next year, and at the same time, I can see us going 10-6 if our OL stays intact.

That's just my opinion as it stands right now and don't expect many to agree with me. I do reserve the right to change it if by some outside chance Jonathan Coope, or somebody like him lands in Baltimore.

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 04:26 PM
josh gordon, greg little are both big recievers. Gordon could turn into something special. And that speedier Benjamin who is starting to come on. Benjamin Watson is one of the better pass catching TE in my opinion. If the Browns solve the QB question they will become winners.

By the way, Richardson broke Cleveland's rookie rushing record (Jim Brown) playing with broken ribs. He's going to be something.

Richardson ran for 950 yards and averaged 3.6 YPC. I don't like to put too much stock into stats, but broken ribs or not, that's not impressive. At all. Shady McCoy, Arian Foster and Matt Forte were all playing with various injuries at some points during the season. While comparing TRich to them right now might be a little bit unfair, playing with broken ribs isn't an excuse. I don't need to bring up the fact that AP tore his ACL and came within 9 yards of breaking the rushing record.

You're almost always right (I can't think of a time you weren't or we didn't agree) but I don't think you are here.

As for their wide receivers - fair enough. None of those guys say 'we have to cover him or we're screwed' though. Those guys, in my opinion, are great complementary pieces. None of them are capable of being a viable number one receiver for about 30 other teams in the league (maybe Jacksonville).

SteelersCanada, while The Browns may not be complete, yet, they DID get 8 TO's out of us in one game this past year. You can lie to yourself and say that The Steelers played extremely sloppy, but give The Browns their due. Their defense played a great game that day.

... against Charlie Batch. Think 8 turnovers would've happened against Ben Roethlisberger? I don't.

The_Joker
03-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Hahaha, they're fucked!

We got this.

NSMaster56
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
If you remember, shortly after their first super bowl win they did the same thing and weren't worth squat for about 4 years afterward.

BAL four years post-2000 SB:
2001: 10-6 (lost to Steelers in playoffs)
2002: 7-9
2003: 10-6 (lost to TEN in playoffs)
2004: 9-7

Pretty impressive considering that was during their Grbac/Blake/Boller/Wright/Redman phase.

Their championship window has all but closed, but so long as they stick to their D schemes and don't draft like the Polian Colts the Ravens should be 9-7 ish or better for a little while yet.

The_Joker
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Pretty impressive considering that was during their Grbac/Blake/Boller/Wright/Redman phase.

Their championship window has all but closed, but so long as they stick to their D schemes and don't draft like the Polian Colts the Ravens should be 9-7 ish or better for a little while yet.

I like that part!

FrancoLambert
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
:wink02:What you need to look at on the Ravens is on their defense. They lost the top 4 tacklers on their defense. We might lose a CB that defensed 12 passes and a rapidly aging LB.

I agree wholeheartedly that the Ravens have lost more than us. :applaudit:

However, I don't think you can call re-signing: Foster, Foote, Gay, and Johnson as "laying the foundation" for the future. :noidea:

It seems more like trying to "patch up the present foundation." :wink02:

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Ed Reed to visit the Texans on Thursday

MAR 13
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

There could be yet another starter leaving the reigning Super Bowl champion Ravens.

Free-agent safety Ed Reed is scheduled to visit the Texans on Thursday, according the Houston Chronicle. Houston needs to replace Glover Quin, who signed with the Lions on Wednesday.

Reed is considered one of the top free-agent safeties available after Quin and Dashon Goldson (Tampa Bay) signed Wednesday. The Patriots and Colts were expected to be the frontrunners to sign Reed in free agency.

The Ravens have already lost four players on defense this offseason: inside linebackers Ray Lewis (retired) and Dannell Ellerbe (signed with Miami), outside linebacker Paul Kruger (signed with Cleveland) and safety Bernard Pollard.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/67100/ed-reed-to-visit-the-texans-on-thursday

zcoop
03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Hahaha, they're fucked!

We got this.

I hope you're right!

VaDave
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM

I guess I was JUST a bit off on my recollection.... Thanks for setting the record straight.

wwhickok
03-14-2013, 08:32 AM
There are two major things that have ne thinking we will win the division for the next two seasons. Brandon Weedon and Andy Dalton; neither of which Im sold on yet. Dalton is much better than Weeden but that team qill only go as far as he leads them. The Ravens will be back....in a few seasons after they rebuild their entire defense. By the time they do, I dont think Suggs will still be there.

tanda10506
03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
So we couldn't beat the Bengals but now we're supposed to be able to beat the Ravens because they lost some aging players? We lost some key players too. Their injuries were as bad as ours last year and they lost a few key defenders last off season, yet they won the SB. I remember a thread just like this too, towards the end of last season, when the Raven's changed OC's. Everybody said they are out of it, but they definitely weren't.

So many are quick to predict another 12-4 season and beating the Ravens and doing well in the playoffs, but I think the FO is just worried about fielding a decent team. We've lost key players over the last 2 years and not a single one of them has been replaced by someone who can perform at the same level. We lost to the Browns, Raiders, Titans, and Chargers last year and have only got worse since, and even though Baltimore has lost key players, so have we. Not to mention, the Bengals are now a legitimate AFC North contender. I like the optimism, I just think we have had too many winning seasons and SB's as of late for some of the fans to understand that even the best of the best have down years, and we're in them. One draft isn't going to save a roster this depleted. I'm not saying it's impossible to win a SB or go to the playoffs this year, if A LOT of players step up then I could definitely see us making the playoffs, I just haven't seen anybody stepping up in 2 seasons other then Ben.

harrison'samonster
03-14-2013, 01:00 PM
So we couldn't beat the Bengals but now we're supposed to be able to beat the Ravens because they lost some aging players? We lost some key players too. Their injuries were as bad as ours last year and they lost a few key defenders last off season, yet they won the SB. I remember a thread just like this too, towards the end of last season, when the Raven's changed OC's. Everybody said they are out of it, but they definitely weren't.

So many are quick to predict another 12-4 season and beating the Ravens and doing well in the playoffs, but I think the FO is just worried about fielding a decent team. We've lost key players over the last 2 years and not a single one of them has been replaced by someone who can perform at the same level. We lost to the Bengals, Browns, Raiders, Titans, and Chargers last year and have only got worse since, and even though Baltimore has lost key players, so have we. I like the optimism, I just think there have been too many winning seasons and SB's as of late for some of the fans to understand that even the best of the best have down years, and we're in them. One draft isn't going to save a roster this depleted.

I tend to agree with a lot you say, predicting anything at this point is a bit early and threads that predict our rivals downfall are bit early. I do disagree that we are in down years, until Roethlisberger is gone I think this team will be competing for the division and once in the playoffs can do anything.

ZoneBlitzer
03-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Hahaha, they're fucked!

We got this.

So are we. Some major holes to fill and team chemistry to rebuild.