PDA

View Full Version : Raiders having “preliminary” talks with Vince Young

Vis
03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Former Titans, Eagles and Bills quarterback Vince Young (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3602/vince-young) is eager to talk to any NFL team that will hear him out in an effort to explain why he deserves another chance in the NFL. He may have found one team that’s at least willing to listen.
Young is in talks with the Raiders about visiting them for a workout, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Rapoport cautioned that those talks are “preliminary,” so we’re probably not going to be seeing Young in the Silver and Black any time soon.
Still, even “preliminary” interest is more than Young has been generating elsewhere since the Bills cut him during the 2012 preseason. Young has said repeatedly that he wants another shot in the league (in large part because he needs the money), and the Raiders appear to be the closest thing he has found to a taker.
Oakland currently has two quarterbacks on the roster, Carson Palmer (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2550/carson-palmer) and Terrelle Pryor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6757/terrelle-pryor), and it’s unclear what the Raiders’ plans are at the position. It won’t be easy for Young to convince an NFL team to give him a shot, but Young in Oakland might just be crazy enough to work.

Posted for entertainment value.

jacobo
03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I take it the Palmer thing is working out?

They should just let Pryor start for them this year. If they tank, they get Clowney. If they don't, they know who their QB is.

silver & black
03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
I take it the Palmer thing is working out?

They should just let Pryor start for them this year. If they tank, they get Clowney. If they don't, they know who their QB is.

Palmer needs to restructure. At this point, I could care less if he walks or is released. Might as well just let Pryor have at it. The Raiders will be lucky to win 4 games again this year.

The purge has started. The overblown contracts and Al players are being shown the door........... and I love it! It needs to be blown up and start fresh, which is what is happening.

Yea, the Raiders suck........... tell me something I don't know. At least Reggie is doing what needs to be done. It will take a few years to build the team back up, and it will be no fun to be a Raiders fan for a few years (like the last decade has been a hoot :shake01:), but that's how it is.

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Palmer needs to restructure. At this point, I could care less if he walks or is released. Might as well just let Pryor have at it. The Raiders will be lucky to win 4 games again this year.

A lot of different people have been linking Geno Smith to you guys for quite some time now. So I guess I'm asking you a two-part question here (bear with me here): would you be happy if the Raiders took Geno Smith at #3 overall this year? If they don't take him and the Raiders do win 3 - 4 games next year, would you be considering taking another Quarterback, someone like Teddy Bridgewater?

silver & black
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't see us taking Geno and I really wouldn't be happy if we did. There are so many holes to fix that taking a QB right now is just a waste of time.

We need defense bad. we need a real RT on the O line. We need a real WR. We need another RB because Dmac can't stay healthy and he isn't an every down back. We need CB's. We need saftys. We need a real TE that can block. We just need............................... It's going to be a long process. Al dug this hole deep.

tony hipchest
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
that would be hilarious if they sign jamarcus young

steelax04
03-14-2013, 09:22 PM
that would be hilarious if they sign jamarcus young

Even better if Vince Russell was backing him up.