PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals sign Rashard Mendenhall

Vis
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Bob Ley ‏<s>@</s>BobLeyESPN (https://twitter.com/BobLeyESPN) Cardinals sign Rashard Mendenhall, explaining delay in tonight's smoke update.

GMU Steeler
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Of course. Pittsburgh West stays Pittsburgh West.

Vis
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Cardinals agree to terms with former Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall to a 1yr deal

Showing the confidence.

MACH1
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
He should feel at home on the bench with arians and that 5 wide bubble screen O.

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Cards add Rashard Mendenhall

Updated: March 13, 2013
ESPN.com news services

The Arizona Cardinals reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal with former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Bruce Arians, the Cardinals' coach, was at one time Mendenhall's offensive coordinator with the Steelers.

Mendenhall had led the Steelers in rushing for three straight seasons before a disappointing 2012 season marred by injuries and a one-game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.

He was suspended for a game in December for not attending a loss to the Chargers after he found out he wouldnt dress for the game. He also was inactive for two games after fumbling twice on four carries in a loss to the Browns.

Mendenhall also was slowed last season by injuries. He tore the ACL in his right knee in Week 17 of the 2011 season and didn't return until Oct. 4 of last season. His return didn't last long, though, as he strained his right Achilles four days later.

The 25-year-old running back has rushed for 3,549 yards and 29 touchdowns in 57 career games.

The Cardinals last week released running back Beanie Wells.

The 6-foot-4, 229-pound Wells was envisioned as a power running back to anchor Arizona's offense but injuries and inconsistent play kept him from being a consistent threat. He had only three 100-yard rushing games in his four seasons in the desert.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9048226/arizona-cardinals-agree-deal-rashard-mendenhall-source

TRH
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
not that surprising that he goes to the Arizone Steel----, i mean Arizona Cardinals. Can't they put their own team together out there? Sheez.

tony hipchest
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
we shoulda signed and traded him to arizona for a cactus.

TheVet
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm so happy to celebrate this reunion of Arians and Mendenhall somewhere else!!!

Pentheon
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
to the practice squad he goes....saw that comin

SteelCitian
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Kinda, glad wasn't really a fan of Mendenhall.

Bane
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
we shoulda signed and traded him to arizona for a cactus.

People would have cried that Arizona got hosed.

LVSteelersfan
03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Willie Colon is next. Too bad the Steelers got to David Johnson first. He was one of Arian's favorite POS FB/TE players.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm not surprised Arians went for him. Now he doesn't have to worry about a running back not knowing which lineman's butt to run into.....

Seriously, contrary to popular opinion here, Mendenhall was a decent back, and if he's healthy, will be a good pick up.

harrison'samonster
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm not surprised Arians went for him. Now he doesn't have to worry about a running back not knowing which lineman's butt to run into.....

Seriously, contrary to popular opinion here, Mendenhall was a decent back, and if he's healthy, will be a good pick up.

I agree Mendenhall was better than most here give him credit for, but without a good QB I think this was a mistake by Mendenhall. We'll see.

steeltheone
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I agree Mendenhall was better than most here give him credit for, but without a good QB I think this was a mistake by Mendenhall. We'll see.

He is better than any back on the Steelers current roster. You really can't argue that point.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
That assumes he's healthy. When healthy, you will get no argument from me. That said, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at our stable of backs once we get this OL clicking.

ebsteelers
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
cant get over "the fumble"

if our o line is healthy i can run behind it.

dwyer and redman, and ebsteeler will only be as good as the oline put in front of them

teegre
03-13-2013, 03:19 PM

dwyer and redman, and ebsteeler will only be as good as the oline put in front of them

What's your number? I'm going to order your jersey today.

In all seriousness, you are right: improved O-line makes for an improved running game. I would not be surprised if the RBs averaged 4.5 YPC this season. During the NYGiants game, when the O-line was healhty, the Steelers ran all over the G-men.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Jim Brown was only as good as Wooten and Hickerson, Jim Taylor was only as good as Thurston and Kramer, and Franco was only as good as Mullins and Davis.....

RE: Running behind a healthy OL,

I've given though to that myself, but at age 60, probably not a real good idea...... lol....

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Now lets go draft Marcus Lattimore

Blacksburg Zach
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
The Cardinals really seem to enjoy their role as Pittsburgh West, don't they? I wonder if they will sign Willie Colon next?

VaDave
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
The Cardinals really seem to enjoy their role as Pittsburgh West, don't they? I wonder if they will sign Willie Colon next?

I would be very much surprised if Willie doesn't get an invite to talk.

TheVet
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM
I doubt that Mendy had many good choices.

He is better than any back on the Steelers current roster. You really can't argue that point.
"You really can't argue that point?" -- What???

Both Redman and Dwyer have proven that they're better than Mendenhall. Redman has proven that repeatedly. Mendy lost his #1 position even before his injury.

them
Lol, which one?

Fire Haley
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter And Cardinals reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal with former Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall.

Steelers>NFL
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM

Both Redman and Dwyer have proven that they're better than Mendenhall. Redman has proven that repeatedly. Mendy lost his #1 position even before his injury.

Lol, which one?

None of those fumbles compares to "The Fumble - Earnest Byner/Cleveland Browns loss to Elway led Broncos back in the late 80's. THAT was a fumble! :rofl:

austinfrench76
03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
good riddance.

TRH
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM

don't be surprised at all. They need the line help anyway. I could see that coming from a mile away.

bornaSteelersfan
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
I saw the amount that they are paying him. This is Mendy's chance at redemption and a new contract in one season if he performs. It is too bad that he couldn't get along with Tomlin. The Steelers could have easily matched that contract and given him another chance. Sadly, he is playing for Arians again and will still not get a real chance to show his ability.

OX1947
03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Had nothing to do with Mendenhall going to AZ, it had to do with the Steelers not wanting his ass. Two biggest jerk offs from last year are gone. Good.

PhantomJB93
03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Not surprised but really disappointed, I really wanna see Ryan Williams get his shot and was excited when they released Wells for that reason. Hopefully he beats out Mendy in camp.

TheVet
03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
I saw the amount that they are paying him. This is Mendy's chance at redemption and a new contract in one season if he performs. It is too bad that he couldn't get along with Tomlin. The Steelers could have easily matched that contract and given him another chance. Sadly, he is playing for Arians again and will still not get a real chance to show his ability.

How many "one more chances" do you think the Steelers should give a perennial underperformer with a poor attitude? He was a bust at #1, and we're finally getting a chance to move on and put the bad taste behind us. We don't want him here at any price.

The_Joker
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Oh nooooooooooooooooo

*Massive sarcasm*

NSMaster56
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
All interested parties might as well pre-order AZ Cardinals POLAMALU, WOODLEY, CLARK and ROETHLISBERGER jerseys.

It's inevitable.

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks:

According to sources, Rashard Mendenhall's deal with Arizona is 1 year, $2.5 mil, with potential to earn extra $1 mil.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

Steeldude
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Best news I have heard all day

steeltheone
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Lol, which one?

When has Redman or that practice squad back Dwyer ever proven they are better than Mendenhall?

I don't think Mendy is a great back by any means, but all i have to do is look at the stats and see who has been productive over a span of time.

Redman is a solid backup and Dwyer could not start anywhere else in the league.

steeltheone
03-13-2013, 07:25 PM

If they find a QB...They are a pretty good team.

EbonySteel86
03-13-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm sure Mendy is thrilled about that since BA used him sooooo much here in Pittsburgh!

EbonySteel86
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Not surprised but really disappointed, I really wanna see Ryan Williams get his shot and was excited when they released Wells for that reason. Hopefully he beats out Mendy in camp.

He will.

zcoop
03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Best news I have heard all day

Hulk Like, huh? :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
03-13-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm sure Mendy is thrilled about that since BA used him sooooo much here in Pittsburgh!

that's what I'm thinking. he must not have gotten an offer or it must have been really low in Denver.

Millers the sh!t
03-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Peace mendy. Sorry your career was wasted with us, and next year too with Arians. Good luck and health in the future

Lady Steel
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Good. Let Arians put up with the fool. See ya, Mendy. :wave:

Galax Steeler
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
No love lost here see ya! I use to be the biggest Mendy fan around but after the shit he has done I don't miss him a bit.

Wallace17
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Glad he is gone he was a piece of human Sh!t

TheVet
03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
When has Redman or that practice squad back Dwyer ever proven they are better than Mendenhall?

I don't think Mendy is a great back by any means, but all i have to do is look at the stats and see who has been productive over a span of time.

The record is there if you're willing to look at it, and you know that very well. By the end of 2011, Redman had clearly established a two year record of outperforming Mendy at nearly every opportunity.

Then again, if you're going to insist on cumulative stats, that's flawed, and you must know that. Actually, it even argues against you - all those second chances that went nowhere in the attempt to salvage a busted #1 pick.

zcoop
03-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Redman is a solid backup and Dwyer could not start anywhere else in the league.

You my friend are correct, he was the best option we've had the last four years.

vindrow
03-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Well damn, there goes our SB chances this year.

jacobo
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Glad he is gone he was a piece of human Sh!t

Honestly?

What the hell is wrong with people? If you didn't like him as a player, fine, I didn't either. If you didn't like him as a person, fine, but who the hell are you to judge? If anything, I applaud him for being one of the few free thinkers in professional sports. But to say he's a piece of human shit? Get help

TheVet
03-13-2013, 08:56 PM
You my friend are correct, he was the best option we've had the last four years.

Well, I'm happy that the Steelers coaches and front office disagree with you. Good luck to you, Mendy and Arians! :tt02:

zcoop
03-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm happy that the Steelers coaches and front office disagree with you. Good luck to you, Mendy and Arians! :tt02:

It's not the first time, won't be the last. This is America and we all are capable of iindependent thought.

Fire Arians
03-14-2013, 12:42 AM
im really glad he didnt sign with denver.

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:50 AM
He should feel at home on the bench with arians and that 5 wide bubble screen O.

Exactly. What an idiot. I can not fathom why Mendenhall would want to play for Arians when he had complained about the lack of a lead blocker and his role in Arians' offense for years. Arians has a huge ego and there is no possible way his offense will not be implemented in Arizona. Arians' offense is a terrible fit for A Smith.

I was really hoping Mendenhall would stay in Pittshburgh but running back has one of the highest turnovers of any position in the league.

Dwyer could be a starter if he can get control of his conditioning. I think the Steelers could have a viable running attack if the OL gels and Dwyer plays to his full potential. Redman spots for him and Rainey should be re-signed. Screen passes to running backs will be important in Haley's offense going forward.

steeltheone
03-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Exactly. What an idiot. I can not fathom why Mendenhall would want to play for Arians when he had complained about the lack of a lead blocker and his role in Arians' offense for years. Arians has a huge ego and there is no possible way his offense will not be implemented in Arizona. Arians' offense is a terrible fit for A Smith.

I was really hoping Mendenhall would stay in Pittshburgh but running back has one of the highest turnovers of any position in the league.

Dwyer could be a starter if he can get control of his conditioning. I think the Steelers could have a viable running attack if the OL gels and Dwyer plays to his full potential. Redman spots for him and Rainey should be re-signed. Screen passes to running backs will be important in Haley's offense going forward.

That's it ...Lets re-sign a woman beater. Pass on Rainey

steeltheone
03-14-2013, 02:39 AM
The record is there if you're willing to look at it, and you know that very well. By the end of 2011, Redman had clearly established a two year record of outperforming Mendy at nearly every opportunity.

Then again, if you're going to insist on cumulative stats, that's flawed, and you must know that. Actually, it even argues against you - all those second chances that went nowhere in the attempt to salvage a busted #1 pick.

Where is the record? Redman had 410 rushing yards last year 1,136 in his career....Arm tackled Dwyer has 774 yards in 3 years.

Where is the proof these are solid starting NFL backs? We have what is now probably the worst starting running backs in the NFL. Tell me where else Dwyer could start?

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 05:28 AM
That's it ...Lets re-sign a woman beater. Pass on Rainey

"The girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey said she was not assaulted by Rainey and the state of Florida should drop the battery charge against him.

An e-mail from Rainey's girlfriend was read by Rainey's attorney, Huntley Johnson, during a hearing." --- Chicago Tribune.

Is it lonely up there in your ivory tower or do other white knights regularly stop by to visit?

bornaSteelersfan
03-14-2013, 05:42 AM
"The girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey said she was not assaulted by Rainey and the state of Florida should drop the battery charge against him.

An e-mail from Rainey's girlfriend was read by Rainey's attorney, Huntley Johnson, during a hearing." --- Chicago Tribune.

Is it lonely up there in your ivory tower or do other white knights regularly stop by to visit?

Battered women do that all the time. They think that they are in love. You know what they all have in common?

THEY JUST WON'T LISTEN!

steeltheone
03-14-2013, 06:40 AM

According to a press release from the Gainesville Police Department, Rainey, 24, began pulling the victim from the passenger side of his roommate's vehicle before witnesses observed him slap her across the face with an open hand. After the victim ran away, Rainey allegedly chased her down because his cell phone was in her bag and grabbed the bag, knocking both of them to the ground. KEY WORD HERE WITNESSES....

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 10:23 AM
According to a press release from the Gainesville Police Department, Rainey, 24, began pulling the victim from the passenger side of his roommate's vehicle before witnesses observed him slap her across the face with an open hand. After the victim ran away, Rainey allegedly chased her down because his cell phone was in her bag and grabbed the bag, knocking both of them to the ground. KEY WORD HERE WITNESSES....

Who were the eyewitnesses? Or maybe one eyewitness? Was it Uncle Bobby the alcoholic, half-cut and coming off a bender? Was it Shirley Mays the neighbourhood gossip who last week lied and said Mrs Johnson was having an affair with Mr Withers? Were you there?

I do not give a fuck what "allegedly" happened. If Rainey's girlfriend says nothing happened then nothing happened. Unlike you assholes I value her opinion. She is a human being and deserves her voice to be heard in a court of law same as anyone else. The last thing I would ever do is consider her a "hysterical or battered woman who doesn't know what is good for herself."

Battered women do that all the time. They think that they are in love. You know what they all have in common?

THEY JUST WON'T LISTEN!

According to members of this forum: women accusing players of sexual assault are gold-digging ****s, but women who exhonerate their boyfriends of false claims of abuse are damaged victims incapable of thinking for themselves. The misogyny runs deep in here.

James Harrison's girlfriend told police he hit her in the face after breaking down a door. How come she didn't tell police that nothing happened? Debo is one of the most intimidating men on earth and she still came clean and she is still with him.

At some point in the future I hope men value the opinions of women, and stop dismissing them as helpless little girls.

I find your characterization of Rainey's girlfriend as a battered victim revolting.

Vis
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Who were the eyewitnesses? Or maybe one eyewitness? Was it Uncle Bobby the alcoholic, half-cut and coming off a bender? Was it Shirley Mays the neighbourhood gossip who last week lied and said Mrs Johnson was having an affair with Mr Withers? Were you there?

I do not give a fuck what "allegedly" happened. If Rainey's girlfriend says nothing happened then nothing happened. Unlike you assholes I value her opinion. She is a human being and deserves her voice to be heard in a court of law same as anyone else. The last thing I would ever do is consider her a "hysterical or battered woman who doesn't know what is good for herself."

According to members of this forum: women accusing players of sexual assault are gold-digging ****s, but women who exhonerate their boyfriends of false claims of abuse are damaged victims incapable of thinking for themselves. The misogyny runs deep in here.

James Harrison's girlfriend told police he hit her in the face after breaking down a door. How come she didn't tell police that nothing happened? Debo is one of the most intimidating men on earth and she still came clean and she is still with him.

At some point in the future I hope men value the opinions of women, and stop dismissing them as helpless little girls.

I find your characterization of Rainey's girlfriend as a battered victim revolting.

You slant everything you hear to support your chosen position. You're a fanboy who can't admit you have no idea what really happened. But denying that some women do lie to protect their abusers is just factually unsupportable. The studies are numerous and conclusive.

steeltheone
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Everybody makes mistakes, WE all have. But raising your hand at a woman is not a mistake, it is a major character flaw, one that would cost most people in " the real world" their jobs.

I have been a proud Steeler fan for over 35 years and the team will not keep its great tradition by relying on those type of players.

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
You slant everything you hear to support your chosen position. You're a fanboy who can't admit you have no idea what really happened. But denying that some women do lie to protect their abusers is just factually unsupportable. The studies are numerous and conclusive.

I'm a fanboy of a 5th round draft pick with 2 career touchdowns?!?!?!?!?!

Are you for real?

There is a HUGE difference between the fact that SOME women lie to protect their abusers and asserting that ALL women lie to protect their abusers. And why is Rainey's girlfriend automatically a liar? Seems to me you are the one with a fixed narrative- Rainey's girlfriend is only credible if she claims she was abused.

At the time of the alleged incident Rainey was trying to retrieve his stolen property from his girlfriend. His girlfriend stole from him and he physically attempted to retrieve his property. What an animal.

If I don't know what really happened then you don't know what really happened so why are you right?

My position is this: I do not know what happened. I was not there. I will take the word of the woman who was actually involved in the altercation. There is no proof that she is lying- not a scratch on her.

Your position is this: You do not know what actually happened. You were not there. You will ignore the word of the woman who was actually involved in the altercation because women who are actually abused often cover for their abusers.

In summation: physically going into your girlfriend's purse to retrieve you stolen property = not abuse.

Men beating their girlfriends and wives resulting in humiliation, bruises, marks, emotional scarring, broken bones, stitches, burns, miscarriages, disfigurement, depression etc. = abuse.

I hope you learned something here today.

steelfury02
03-14-2013, 12:12 PM
I had 3 women assault me in my lifetime

One was my sister - she loved punching me as hard as she could on my arm - I outgrew her but I never punched back - I opted to throw a filled super soaker at her head one time because of it and she had to get two stitches. My parents agree though - after years of dishing it out she finally got it back - haha, the memories

The other was my mother who used to chase me around with a spatula - she thought she could hit my butt hard with it but every time she did I laughed and it pissed her off more

The next was my wife - she does not like anyone playfully pulling on her pony-tail, something about her mom would chase her and pull her by it when she was in trouble - she bitched slapped me because I was egging her on and wouldn't stop - I probably deserved it - but that woman got the silent treatment. Ever play around with your childhood friends and one of them doesn't mean to hit you hard, but your immediate reaction is wanting to hit them harder? I wanted to - but ,that's the difference - CHOICE.

Does my female dog count? She's scratched at me to get at a toy and gnawed on my hand lol. I'm a softy so my worst reaction was "awe, how spunky!"

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Everybody makes mistakes, WE all have. But raising your hand at a woman is not a mistake, it is a major character flaw, one that would cost most people in " the real world" their jobs.

I have been a proud Steeler fan for over 35 years and the team will not keep its great tradition by relying on those type of players.

I found a new signature photo for you...

It is your soapbox.

http://i47.tinypic.com/wlu6gw.jpg

List of Steelers players who have been arrested: Ta'amu, Ward, Speath, Harrison, Seigler, Brooks, Reed, Wilson, Davenport, Townsend, Holmes, Burress, Essex, Smith.

Fire Haley
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
List of Steelers players who have been arrested: Ta'amu, Ward, Speath, Harrison, Seigler, Brooks, Reed, Wilson, Davenport, Townsend, Holmes, Burress, Essex, Smith.

Nice work!

Vis
03-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm a fanboy of a 5th round draft pick with 2 career touchdowns?!?!?!?!?!

Are you for real?

There is a HUGE difference between the fact that SOME women lie to protect their abusers and asserting that ALL women lie to protect their abusers. And why is Rainey's girlfriend automatically a liar? Seems to me you are the one with a fixed narrative- Rainey's girlfriend is only credible if she claims she was abused.

At the time of the alleged incident Rainey was trying to retrieve his stolen property from his girlfriend. His girlfriend stole from him and he physically attempted to retrieve his property. What an animal.

If I don't know what really happened then you don't know what really happened so why are you right?

My position is this: I do not know what happened. I was not there. I will take the word of the woman who was actually involved in the altercation. There is no proof that she is lying- not a scratch on her.

Your position is this: You do not know what actually happened. You were not there. You will ignore the word of the woman who was actually involved in the altercation because women who are actually abused often cover for their abusers.

In summation: physically going into your girlfriend's purse to retrieve you stolen property = not abuse.

Men beating their girlfriends and wives resulting in humiliation, bruises, marks, emotional scarring, broken bones, stitches, burns, miscarriages, disfigurement, depression etc. = abuse.

I hope you learned something here today.

He had a felony arrest in college, an 2 arrests as a Steeler rookie. He's had some terrible luck for such a virtuous young man.

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
He had a felony arrest in college, an 2 arrests as a Steeler rookie. He's had some terrible luck for such a virtuous young man.

Lol @ a felony arrest. Rainey's criminal past: threatening text message, walking into the wrong area of a casino, forcing his way into his girlfriend's purse to retrieve his stolen property.

How many years in maximum security prison would you give him if you were a judge? You would probably deny him bail because he is a threat to society.

:rofl:

Vis
03-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Lol @ a felony arrest. Rainey's criminal past: threatening text message, walking into the wrong area of a casino, forcing his way into his girlfriend's purse to retrieve his stolen property.

How many years in maximum security prison would you give him if you were a judge? You would probably deny him bail because he is a threat to society.

:rofl:

Not a fanboy but still slanting everything in his defense. Must be a personal relationship between you two. Maybe if he gets picked up you will too.

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Not a fanboy but still slanting everything in his defense. Must be a personal relationship between you two. Maybe if he gets picked up you will too.

I don't think you know what a fanboy is.

Rainey can do the job. He is a good returner and a good running back. The fact that he has had extremely minor lapses in conduct in the past should not destroy his future employment.

Funny that the girlfriend Rainey had who went to the authorities with the text message he sent her did not cover for him. Didn't she know she was a helpless victim and battered woman who should be incapable of speaking up for herself? What gives?

You are amazingly brainwashed into this liberal bs where everyone is guilty until proven innocent and breathing too hard on someone is considered assault.

steelfury02
03-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Rashard doesn't understand how a hand could take down two hookers

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Rashard doesn't understand how a hand could take down two hookers

What? Are hookers queens? And why a poker reference? Haha too funny.

steelfury02
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
What? Are hookers queens? And why a poker reference? Haha too funny.

his comment regarding how could planes could take down the twin towers and the twin towers could be the two . . .uh, nevermind

i actually wasn't thinking poker, but poker could also mean . . . there I go again!:chuckle:

lloydwoodson
03-14-2013, 01:18 PM
his comment regarding how could planes could take down the twin towers and the twin towers could be the two . . .uh, nevermind

i actually wasn't thinking poker, but poker could also mean . . . there I go again!:chuckle:

It is too early for boozing Fury. You need to sober up. :wink02:

TheVet
03-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Where is the record? Redman had 410 rushing yards last year 1,136 in his career....Arm tackled Dwyer has 774 yards in 3 years.

:doh:
OK, let's make a bet. We'll see how many foul shots Kobe Bryant makes in the next Lakers game, and I'll bet that I can make more total shots in 500 tries. And that proves I'm better than Kobe.

Doesn't that sound like pure nonsense? It's the same nonsense argument that you're making.

Where is the proof these are solid starting NFL backs? We have what is now probably the worst starting running backs in the NFL. Tell me where else Dwyer could start?

Well I'm glad that Tomlin and Haley disagreed with you. (They don't know what they're doing, right?) Mendy was our #3 back, on merit. Now he's gone elsewhere, to be someone else's problem.

Varg
03-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Though Mendenhall fumbling in the superbowl and making silly remarks on social media left a sour taste in my mouth with him, i'm sure he will be a productive back in Arizona. A shame he never panned out here in the long run but I wish him the best. I just hope we don't sign Wells and be stuck with an exact replica of Rashard again.

NSMaster56
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Though Mendenhall fumbling in the superbowl and making silly remarks on social media left a sour taste in my mouth with him, i'm sure he will be a productive back in Arizona.

He might be if the Cards didn't have a OL worse than the Steelers. And who's their QB???

I wish Shard all the luck in the world because he's going to need it.

Atlanta Dan
03-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Another hater:coffee:

I'm confused by Arizona's insistence on signing players who were vaguely associated with Bruce Arians at one point or another. Sure, if they were signing Mike Wallace, that would be a great idea! But bringing in Steelers bust Rashard Mendenhall and Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton? Yikes. It helps that these players know the offense that Arians will be running, but Mendenhall really hasn't had a very good career and was putrid during his final season in Pittsburgh, and Stanton's work in limited time (104-for-187, 55.6 percent completion rate, 6.2 yards per attempt, five touchdowns against nine interceptions) doesn't scream "I need to start now!" These guys had to learn the Arians system, so what's so difficult about teaching other players the scheme, too?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9051254/bill-barnwell-second-day-nfl-free-agency

ricardisimo
03-15-2013, 12:35 AM
My god what a stupid signing for everyone.

Blackout
03-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Why the hell didn't he join the Broncos? What an idiotic decision.

Lady Steel
03-15-2013, 01:51 AM
I hope Arians makes sure Mendy dresses for every game because, well, you know. :laughing:

steeltheone
03-15-2013, 06:30 AM
:doh:
OK, let's make a bet. We'll see how many foul shots Kobe Bryant makes in the next Lakers game, and I'll bet that I can make more total shots in 500 tries. And that proves I'm better than Kobe.

Doesn't that sound like pure nonsense? It's the same nonsense argument that you're making.

Well I'm glad that Tomlin and Haley disagreed with you. (They don't know what they're doing, right?) Mendy was our #3 back, on merit. Now he's gone elsewhere, to be someone else's problem.

Tomlin and Haley were 8-8 with no consistent running game at all. Mendy was coming off and injury then went in Tomlin's doghouse.

Mendenhall has had (3) thousand yard rushing seasons, what did Dwyer or Redman do last year? Mendenhall's lines where always hurt and battered too.

You keep harping on the fact that Redman and/or Dwyer are a better back? What do you base this on ?

Again, i don't think Mendenhall is a great back, but he is better than the 2 we have.

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 08:51 AM
The overall picture of Mendy is better - but, he didn't leave fast enough

However, going with Dwyer, Redman, and Wells alone would be a huge mistake.

Do you think they'll keep 4 RBs on the roster again? Me? I hope not - unless they do sign Wells - we N_E_E_D an impact RB from the draft IMO

Not to mention the lack of depth at other areas, especially D

tanda10506
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Surprised he's going to an Arians' led offense, it didn't work for him here and Arians didn't seem to like him much. He was a damn good RB in 2010, I don't know what made him start dancing in the backfield so often. I hope the best for him, but I don't see it happening for him in Arizona.

Fire Haley
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
going with Dwyer, Redman, and Wells alone would be a huge mistake.

Do you think they'll keep 4 RBs on the roster again?

ugh - that lineup

I think Baron Batch is still on the roster too, wasn't he was sent to the practice squad?

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 09:03 AM
ugh - that lineup

I think Baron Batch is still on the roster too, wasn't he was sent to the practice squad?

yup, McCoy and Lee were released to make room for Batch and McFadden, who were released to make room for Plax and Hoyer, then he was reactivated because of Mendy's suspension - an overall on again/off again guy

Terminator
03-15-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't know what made him start dancing in the backfield so often.

He was an early adopter of the Harlem Shake. :hatsoff:

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
He was an early adopter of the Harlem Shake. :hatsoff:

lol - a lot of people don't know this - when Brucey boy said we're not practicing running the ball, it was because he dedicated so much time to the Shake - Bruce Arians was in fact the father of the Harlem Shake

"So there's going to be no o-line to speak of, and Ben will only hand off to you in this exact situation, and so we are going to sell you out to the defense every time - so here we go, 1,2,3 SHAKE."

TheVet
03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
You keep harping on the fact that Redman and/or Dwyer are a better back? What do you base this on ?

Their performances, obviously. Naturally the #1 pick receives lots of extra chances, but in the end, you can't ignore the continued reality. You seem to place a high value on the number of second chances rather than the results, which is kind of odd.

Given the same OL, Redman outperformed Mendy at every opportunity. By the time Rashard had his injury, he was already our #2 back based on merit. With the coming of Dwyer, he dropped to #3. All on performance and merit.

We gave Mendenhall chance after chance after chance, but in the end, he was simply a #1 pick who busted. He has all the natural talent in the world, but never developed it. Hesitation, lack of fight, lack of effort, problems with ball security, bad attitude, public idiocy - the classic guy that you just don't want around your team.

I love seeing guys like Redman outperform due to pure effort.

lloydwoodson
03-16-2013, 05:05 AM
There is no way in hell either Redman or Dwyer are better than Mendenhall.

Signing Redman would not result in another team forfeiting another draft pick to the Steelers, and signing Dwyer would have only cost a 6th... and yet no NFL team bothered to sign either of those players away from the Steelers to be their starting back.

Meanwhile Mendenhall is a clear cut starter for Zona.

Comparing the 3 backs in one season when Mendy is coming off a devestating injury and had 50 carries for the year blows my mind. Wow.