PDA

View Full Version : What a kickoff to Free Agency!!!

VSP644
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I know that most people dont like the guys we have already lost in Wallace and Mendenhall but with those losses we have taken a major step back. We now have really two unknowns at WR and no one at RB...has anyone heard or read anything if we plan on bringing anyone in to address these two areas...the draft is an unknown...we havent drafted well for awhile!!!

SteelersCanada
03-13-2013, 04:01 PM
You're right, we haven't drafted well in a while. We've only drafted two Pro Bowl Wide Receivers in the third and sixth rounds, and then found two very, very talented CBs in the third and fourth rounds. Then, we've found a receiver with all the potential and ceiling to be the best receiver on this team if given the opportunity to succeed. If that wasn't enough, we've seemed to have found another good Tackle in the seventh round and, on top of that, a quality Tight End again in the seventh round. Combine that with two Tackles whom have impressed and will probably start this year who we took in the second round, and I can see how you came to such a conclusion.

We've drafted fine.

steelax04
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Is this a "start a new thread for every thought" day? There are plenty of threads already talking about FA and drafting...

VaDave
03-13-2013, 04:05 PM
It's a dance not a sprint. We will come out fine. Some come some go, but over the long haul, we do this drill as well as anybody and have the record to prove it.

Hawaii 5-0
03-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Is this a "start a new thread for every thought" day? There are plenty of threads already talking about FA and drafting...

has anyone heard anything new about Mike Wallace? :chuckle:

Fire Haley
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
there's no whining in football

TheVet
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
I know that most people dont like the guys we have already lost in Wallace and Mendenhall but with those losses we have taken a major step back. We now have really two unknowns at WR and no one at RB...has anyone heard or read anything if we plan on bringing anyone in to address these two areas...the draft is an unknown...we havent drafted well for awhile!!!

We lost our #3 RB, and his attitude problem as well. I believe we improved in that area.

You're right, we haven't drafted well in a while. We've only drafted two Pro Bowl Wide Receivers in the third and sixth rounds, and then found two very, very talented CBs in the third and fourth rounds. Then, we've found a receiver with all the potential and ceiling to be the best receiver on this team if given the opportunity to succeed. If that wasn't enough, we've seemed to have found another good Tackle in the seventh round and, on top of that, a quality Tight End again in the seventh round. Combine that with two Tackles whom have impressed and will probably start this year who we took in the second round, and I can see how you came to such a conclusion.

We've drafted fine.

In all fairness, we've had a lot of misses in drafts over the past 5-6 years as well. Especially in LB area, and in our #1's (with the exceptions of DD and Pouncey). I wish we did a bit better with our high picks, but we have found some gems in the later rounds.

On the positive side, this puts the Mendy/Sweed draft debacle behind us at last.

austinfrench76
03-13-2013, 04:17 PM
How many times are we gonna be sucked in by this troll. Damn it! Now I got sucked in too...I'm out.

TRH
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
it hasn't just been a "kickoff" around here.

The entire league has been crazy busy active.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 04:27 PM
it hasn't just been a "kickoff" around here.

The entire league has been crazy busy active.

But you know, at the end of the day, with the exception of 10 players out of 400 NFLers or so that hit the lottery, on the average, most everybody else would be better off staying put. So would the league. JMO.

Fire Haley
03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
How many times are we gonna be sucked in by this troll. .

another Ravens troll?

ban the bitch!

teegre
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
has anyone heard anything new about Mike Wallace? :chuckle:

I heard that he likes the clubs in South Beach.

harrison'samonster
03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
How many times are we gonna be sucked in by this troll. Damn it! Now I got sucked in too...I'm out.

Why is he a troll?

Millers the sh!t
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
It's a dance not a sprint. We will come out fine. Some come some go, but over the long haul, we do this drill as well as anybody and have the record to prove it.

That's how the saying goes in VA?