PDA

View Full Version : Michael "Burner" Turner?

ZoneBlitzer
03-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Always liked this type of player for the steelers. Any skinny on him and where he's going? Do you think he can cut it or are there too many miles on those tires?

Galax Steeler
03-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Always liked this type of player for the steelers. Any skinny on him and where he's going? Do you think he can cut it or are there too many miles on those tires?

I think there is to many miles he is a good back but we need someone that is young and has speed. To me Turner is like Dwyer and Redman bigger backs but no speed. I want a burner this year out of the draft.

IowaSteeler927
03-15-2013, 05:35 AM
We need a good back that can carry the load. Dwyer seems to have nagging injuries, as does Redman. Both of them are capable backups but they haven't done anything to show me they can shoulder the load week in and week out. I'd like to see us grab Eddy Lacy or Montee Ball out of this draft if at all possible.

Steel_Bus_24
03-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Le'veon Bell or Knile Davis please

steeltheone
03-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Turner will get a look somewhere. He will be an awesome split time or reserve back.

Fire Haley
03-15-2013, 07:42 AM
we need someone that is young and has speed.

I want a burner this year out of the draft.

a-fucking-men!

I want a top 5 rated RB from this draft with some big play ability, period.

jjpro11
03-15-2013, 08:18 AM
He's an old, more expensive version of Dwyer. He has way too many miles on the tires.

pete74
03-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Yea I don't want him. He didn't do to we'll last year playing on a potent passing team that has two probowl caliber WR's and a tight end. If he can't excel in that offense he sure won't in ours

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 08:43 AM
especially when no one respects our running game - need someone that can contribute towards gaining some respect again from day 1. We don't need 3 yards and a cloud of dust - we need a full-time impact starter who can eventually emerge as a leader and is a threat to break one off for big gain/TD - someone who is decisive - we will especially need that with an O-line that still needs time to gel regardless of talent

zcoop
03-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Yea I don't want him. He didn't do to we'll last year playing on a potent passing team that has two probowl caliber WR's and a tight end. If he can't excel in that offense he sure won't in ours

Turner's still got some game. Atlanta's problem was just as you stated, they were a potent passing team. They sucked at running the ball. Turner runs north-south and when he gets some blocking and steam, he's a load for a DB to bring down.

Some team is gonna to get a bargain with him signed.

fer522
03-15-2013, 09:49 PM
i dont really want him but hes better than ous RBs tho :noidea:

austinfrench76
03-15-2013, 10:39 PM
He does seem like more of what he already have. Except a little more speed. Draft baby!

CrickRat23
03-15-2013, 10:44 PM
If Turner would come here at a discounted rate, then I would say yes, sign him up. I dont think he will come with a small price tag though. I say draft a decent RB in the middle rounds.

VaDave
03-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Turner's still got some game. Atlanta's problem was just as you stated, they were a potent passing team. They sucked at running the ball. Turner runs north-south and when he gets some blocking and steam, he's a load for a DB to bring down.

Some team is gonna to get a bargain with him signed.

Atlanta was not a power run team, more of a ZB- stretch type. Turner at this stage is not a one cut and go runner.

steeltheone
03-16-2013, 09:23 AM

that sounds like the Steeler's had 2 Pro bowl caliber wideouts and tight end. And non of our backs exceled.:noidea:

austinfrench76
03-16-2013, 11:40 PM
He is also a guy who may come very cheap if he stays on the market.