PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison will meet with Baltimore Ravens GM on Saturday

Terminator
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
James Harrison still on Baltimore Ravens' radar
By Kevin Patra NFL.com
Published: March 15, 2013 at 08:57 a.m. Updated: March 15, 2013 at 09:37 a.m.

The mutual interest between the Baltimore Ravens and former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison continues to build.

"I've talked to Ozzie and we're going to talk again Saturday," Harrison's agent Bill Parise told The Baltimore Sun on Thursday. "Their timeline is a little slower at this point, but Ozzie's going to have to sign at least a couple of linebackers. I know where we stand. He's made it clear that there's interest from the Ravens, and we have an interest. We would like that very much for James to wind up with great organization like the Ravens. So, we'll wait and see where it goes."

The Ravens' "slower" timeline might have to do with them awaiting a decision from safety Ed Reed. Harrison and the Ravens haven't even talked contract terms.

It's a familiar story from Parise, who said soon after Harrison was cut that he was a good fit in Baltimore.

The agent told The Sun there are six teams that have interest in the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker.

The Ravens make some sense for Harrison. Coming off a Super Bowl championship Baltimore lost outside linebacker Paul Kruger to the Cleveland Browns and inside linebacker Dannelle Ellerbe to the Miami Dolphins along with the retirement of Ray Lewis

The 34-year-old Harrison could provide a good tandem with linebacker Terrell Suggs as well as spelling Courtney Upshaw in certain passing situations.

Baltimore has holes to fill and will look to do it on the cheaper end. Its former nemesis could fit perfectly into both categories.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150945/article/james-harrison-still-on-baltimore-ravens-radar

pete74
03-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Wonderful my worst nightmare coming true

Terminator
03-15-2013, 10:22 AM
He is dead to me.

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 10:26 AM
If this comes true - we better see a two tight end set to help out the O-line. That would be really odd to see him play the opposite side of the field.

We were already having problems from the right and without Heath that would be a nightmare scenario.

Steel_Bus_24
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM
All of a sudden Harrison will be able to draw holding penalties.....you watch

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
All of a sudden Harrison will be able to draw holding penalties.....you watch

you had to go there :banging:

that's very much in the realm of possibility

Fire Haley
03-15-2013, 10:41 AM
call me a dreamer, I'm still holding out hope he'll come crawling back to us for vet minimum

ebsteelers
03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
they get rid of kruger, pollard and some other younger dudes and want old as gold harrison?

dont worry my boy gilbert will barrel roll into his leg and take him out

jacobo
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
that's hilarious if he actually does. Just go to Arizona like we all know you will

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 10:54 AM
call me a dreamer, I'm still holding out hope he'll come crawling back to us for vet minimum

I'm trying not to feel swayed by media reports - I was a little shocked that Lewis didn't go right away along with all the headliners within the first few hours. I'm a little less shocked that Harrison hasn't officially signed elsewhere and really felt good after he wasn't gone yesterday.

I believe like the article says - it might be a while longer before we see Harrison go or stay - hopefully the latter, or, somewhere else not in the division, and preferably not in the AFC. I could actually see Harrison with the Saints but not now that they paid Lewis.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be shocked to see some of those extra 49ers picks go to the Ravens - I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around them having Harrison - unless Harrison signs for like 20-25% paycut instead of our supposed 30% offer - which to me is really stingy. I will be totally pissed off if the Ravens jump in front of us multiple times - don't count that scenario out.

steelfury02
03-15-2013, 10:54 AM
they get rid of kruger, pollard and some other younger dudes and want old as gold harrison?

dont worry my boy gilbert will barrel roll into his leg and take him out

it would be an improvement - he'd be rolling into the opposition instead

ebsteelers
03-15-2013, 10:55 AM
it would be an improvement - he'd be rolling into the opposition instead

:rofl:

gotta start somewhere

SteelersCanada
03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Shows you what they think of Courtney Upshaw.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-15-2013, 11:57 AM
I wonder what ravens fan think about it. They must of hated him over the years.

What would we think if we were looking at Suggs?

Steel_Bus_24
03-15-2013, 12:01 PM

I don't bust this GIF out that often...but that calls for it

http://images61.fotki.com/v1610/photos/0/1685060/8895181/willsmith-vi.gif

GMU Steeler
03-15-2013, 12:04 PM

Suggs in his prime, sure. Suggs now at 31, meh. But I actually don't mind Suggs as much as I did Lewis.

LVSteelersfan
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Harrison is done. If he plays half the games for anyone this year, it would be a miracle with his back and knee that way they are.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't bust this GIF out that often...but that calls for it

http://images61.fotki.com/v1610/photos/0/1685060/8895181/willsmith-vi.gif

Love it

Bayz101
03-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Harrison was easily our best linebacker late last season, and that was on 60% health. He'll be effective wherever he goes.

steelersforever58
03-15-2013, 12:28 PM
He is dead to me.

Ditto.

stb_steeler
03-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Harrison is done. If he plays half the games for anyone this year, it would be a miracle with his back and knee that way they are.

I cant figure out why they didnt want him before, but now they do!. I just dont get it some times :noidea:.... And the worst part of it is they'll be paying more for his ass now that he's older.

austinfrench76
03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Well, since no one else is interested... good luck a-hole!!!

harrison'samonster
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
not that he's actually signed with the Ravens or anything, but if he does ppl will eventually get over it like they got over Woodson.

OX1947
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
not that he's actually signed with the Ravens or anything, but if he does ppl will eventually get over it like they got over Woodson.

Ill never get over it.

PhantomJB93
03-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Why can't he just go to Arizona? Or even New England?

TheVet
03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Suggs and Harrison would be a killer. That would be awful.

TRH
03-15-2013, 04:38 PM
been eerily quiet on the James Harrison front.
Wouldn't he have been much better off taking our "pay-cut" offer?? The remaing FA's values are declining by the second at this point and i'm thinking his paycut here might be more than he'll actually make somewhere else.

The_Joker
03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
He better not fucking go there!

FanSince72
03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Why can't he just go to Arizona? Or even New England?

Yeah, isn't there a rule that if Arizona signs five more Steeler players then Pittsburgh can open a franchise there?

tanda10506
03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
That's the price you pay for ducking a guy's upcoming pay and cutting him before he's ready to be cut. I don't understand why the FO showed loyalty to some of the vets well after they stopped producing, yet they cut Ward and Harrison before they were done contributing. Let's hope the deal doesn't happen.

Penn
03-16-2013, 01:31 AM

Harrison is a proud guy

he would sooner retire than crawl back to the Steelers for scraps

pittpete
03-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Suggs and Harrison would be a killer. That would be awful.

Yeah, on Baltimores health care plan.......
Hope the deductibles are low:chuckle:

OX1947
03-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Harrison is a proud guy

Harrison can still ball. Giant mistake on the part of the Steelers.

Buddha Bus
03-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Yeah, isn't there a rule that if Arizona signs five more Steeler players then Pittsburgh can open a franchise there?

No, Arizona gets 5 punches on their membership card and it will be full. They will then receive one free offensive linemen on their next visit. :chuckle:

CTFan
03-16-2013, 09:37 AM

As a Ravens fan, I don't think there's much difference between fans of most teams that have enjoyed success. We hate good players who are wearing a different uniforrm. The better they are, the more we hate them. Hines was the best example.

On the inside however, we wish they were on our team. I would imagine you might have felt the same way about many of our top players.

I would love to see Harrison on the Ravens, in part because it just adds more fuel to the best rivalry in sports, but also because I think he's got a couple of good years left as a situational player and it would be interesting to see him play opposite Suggs.

steeltheone
03-16-2013, 10:21 AM
I hope Harrison goes to the Ravens too and rots on the IR.

WVABE
03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Just hope he's not helping Ben up off the ground and saying " you could of had me ". JP

Kingmagyar
03-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't think he's going there. How is he a good fit for the Ravens?

First they would not pay him much. Certainly not more then 3 million a year. I'm sure the Steelers offered him more then what they would offer.

He would be playing on the opposite side a side he is not used to.

They are not willing to give up on Courtney Upshaw that fast.

And he would be a part time player.

I will say this. Harrison is pissed at the Steelers organization. So he just might take a low money deal and go to the Ravens just so he can bury his head into Ben's back a few times a year. If Harrison goes unsigned much longer even after the draft into summer then the chances are better for a low money part time player deal with the Ravens. Chances also might be better that he returns to the Steelers, but I think he's moving on just out of anger.

One other thing to consider. Can he play inside linebacker? I think he's a bit slow for that, but...

CTFan
03-16-2013, 01:51 PM
I don't think the Ravens will offer more than 2 years at about 3M/yr with incentives. However, I think he's a great fit for us. We have so many gaps right now that we can't count on filling them all with rookies and late discards.

If Harrison has gas in the tank, and I believe he does, he'll be reuniting with Peese, his college coach, a man who has been a father figure for him. I am almost certain it's going to happen.

jacobo
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM
The ravens run a 4-3 right? Plus they're cash strapped. No way he ends up there. He'd only get limited playing time because the ONLY thing he can do at this point is rush the passer, which limits his opportunities to get in a play, and he'll be asking for too much.

Nope, nada, zilch.

PhantomJB93
03-16-2013, 04:38 PM
The ravens run a 4-3 right? Plus they're cash strapped. No way he ends up there. He'd only get limited playing time because the ONLY thing he can do at this point is rush the passer, which limits his opportunities to get in a play, and he'll be asking for too much.

Nope, nada, zilch.

They've run a 3-4 for several years

jacobo
03-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Nevermind you're right

VaDave
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
One thing for sure, Harrison is not going to get the $12 mill his Steeler contract was set to pay him regardless of where he lands. If I were a GM with a little cap space, I'd offer a 2 year at 7 mil, $4 mil for year one, $3 mil year two with a team option on the second year. The guy can still play, but for how long?

austinfrench76
03-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Bouchette had a great article about this and how both Harrison AND the Steelers look bad here. Man, I wsh someone had checked their ego and just tried to get on the same page before he got cut. i know they tried but it seems like it could have been avoided. And he's right...

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

Stu Pidasso
03-17-2013, 03:32 AM
I have only got rid of one other Steeler jersey in my life, and I burned that one. If Deebo wears purple next year, there will be two. Here's my reasoning:

I root for the Steelers, not any one player. But Harrison, to me, epitomized the Steeler Way. I firmly believed he was up there with Lambert. Now, not so much. Pride and selfishness (yes, I know on both sides) did him in, and those traits are NOT the Steelers Way.

Plus, I'm a BIG BIG guy, and jerseys in my size cost a SHEETLOAD of money, so I choose my numbers carefully. I don't come to this decision lightly.

pczach
03-17-2013, 08:23 AM
I have only got rid of one other Steeler jersey in my life, and I burned that one. If Deebo wears purple next year, there will be two. Here's my reasoning:

I root for the Steelers, not any one player. But Harrison, to me, epitomized the Steeler Way. I firmly believed he was up there with Lambert. Now, not so much. Pride and selfishness (yes, I know on both sides) did him in, and those traits are NOT the Steelers Way.

Plus, I'm a BIG BIG guy, and jerseys in my size cost a SHEETLOAD of money, so I choose my numbers carefully. I don't come to this decision lightly.

You poor bastard!

It's hard to believe that he would walk away from the Steelers when you know he is not getting offered what the Steelers did from any other team. The Ravens are as cap critical as we are. I doubt they are going to offer him major money. If he signs with them, it will be to stick it to the Steelers. You know, the team that had the audacity to offer him more than anyone else in the league thought he was worth. The team that gave him his chance in this league when nobody else wanted him and he was on the street considering all his other numerous job opportunities. At that moment I will say FUCK HIM! :mad:

The_Joker
03-17-2013, 08:55 AM

Damn fucking straight!!!

Lady Steel
03-17-2013, 11:19 AM
On the inside however, we wish they were on our team. I would imagine you might have felt the same way about many of our top players

You're imagining wrong if you think I would ever want a Raven playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He would always be a Raven to me. And I hate them. :laughing:

But I can understand how you would want our players. :D

Curtain_of_Steel
03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Bayz if correct. Finally someone saying it. The dude plays 110% of every play, doesn't give up. Doesn't lay down.
So he was hurt, so was Ward, Smith we carried both of them. Troy is hurt every year because he is lazy. Harrison got the shaft here and as much as I hate to see him go to the Ravens, the STEELERS CUT him, he didn't walk away. So imo its no on him, and our FO didn't give 2 shits about him.

Did you guys hate Woodson too?

I hope he does well, just not to well against us. Although which all pro OL player on our roster will get to handle him? Not looking forward to that.

Easily one of my favorite all time players.

pittpete
03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Troy is hurt every year because he is lazy..

Please explain this statement

Hawaii 5-0
03-17-2013, 10:05 PM
James Harrison Could Still Reunite with the Pittsburgh Steelers

by Steelblitz

The Pittsburgh Steelers were forced to cut James Harrison a little over a week ago due to his salary cap number. Harrison was unwilling to take a pay cut from the Steelers that would have cut his salary number down to a little over $4 million and would have saved the Steelers over $3 million against the cap. Had Harrison agreed to the pay cut the Steelers would have been able to keep him around for another season, but instead both parties are left looking for a fix.

Harrison isnít getting much interest in free agency. There have been some minor rumors, but the biggest suitor for Harrison was considered to be the Baltimore Ravens. However, the Ravens are now looking to sign Elvis Dumervil who was recently cut by the Denver Broncos. Dumervil is younger than Harrison by almost six years. Last season Dumervil was much more productive than Harrison and if a team is looking for an outside linebacker they will likely target the younger and more productive player.

The other team with the most interest in Harrison was the Cleveland Browns, but they already signed ex-Raven Paul Kruger to a big contract to be their newest pass rusher. Right now the only team with any rumored interest in Harrison is the Philadelphia Eagles who are rebuilding under new head coach Chip Kelly and are turning from their 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense. The Eagles outside linebackers arenít set at this time and they could look to a player like Harrison to add experience and a leader to their defense.

There is also a good chance that the Eagles could look at a pass rusher in the draft. One of the top outside linebackers in the draft is Oregonís Dion Jordan. Jordan played for Eagleís coach Chip Kelly at Oregon and he is now considered a top five pick. The Eagles hold the number four pick in the 2013 NFL Draft and they may be more willing to draft a top outside linebacker than sign an aging linebacker like Harrison.

If the Ravens go out and sign Dumervil than their may not be any suitors left for Harrison. Or at least any that are willing to sign him to a contract to his liking. In that situation Harrison may be forced to sign a minimum contract with playing time and stat incentives. If he is willing to take a contract like that itís possible that the Steelers would be willing to give it to him. They were willing to give him over $4 million for the 2012 season so if he agrees to play for around $1 million there is no reason to think he couldnít be back with the Steelers in 2013.

Right now the Steelers best replacement for Harrison is Jason Worilds. Worilds filled in nicely as a back-up for LaMarr Woodley on the left side of the defense. However, when filling in for Harrison on the right side of the defense he has struggled so he may not be the best option. I have argued for moving Woodley to the right side so that Worilds can continue to play on the left side where he has played well. Therefore, if they arenít willing to play Worilds on the left side they could look into bringing back Harrison for one more season.

The biggest issue with starting Worilds on the right side in place of Harrison is not his ability to get to the quarterback. Instead Worilds has struggled to hold the edge in the run game when playing on the right side. Woodley has shown a strong ability to hold the edge in the run game and should be able to play well against the run and pass no matter which side he is playing on; especially if he can stay healthy.

However, if brought back Harrison could start or also pair with Worilds on the right side for the season as a sort of platoon as Worilds grows into the role. The Steelers will also be looking to draft another outside linebacker in the 2013 NFL Draft. That player will than be groomed with the hope that they can one day start. It will also give the Steelers four young players in hopes that one can take over as a full-time starter in 2014. Those players are Worilds, Chris Carter, Adrian Robinson and whoever the Steelers choose to draft this April.

There is also the chance that Harrison will sign elsewhere and that the Steelers will go with a draft pick or Worilds as Harrisonís replacement. In that case the Steelers should truly consider switching Woodley to the right side of the defense. It may be the best option they have at this point to replace Harrison with as little loss as possible.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/james_harrison_could_still_reunite_with_the_pittsb urgh_steelers/13164961

kan_t
03-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Hopefully he comes back. He still has a year or two left IMO.

bornaSteelersfan
03-18-2013, 12:18 AM
It's looking more and more like Harrison will swallow his pride and come back to The Steelers for even less money than he was going to get if he agreed to the offer.

SteelersCanada
03-18-2013, 12:30 AM
Fuck him, vet minimum now. If he wants more, let him go play for another team.

tony hipchest
03-18-2013, 12:33 AM

crack is wack. :tt04:

Hawaii 5-0
03-18-2013, 12:43 AM

this is a business, you can't take things personally.

if Deebo agrees to a 30% pay cut like the Steelers originally proposed, I would hope we bring him back for another season or two.

SteelCitian
03-18-2013, 09:28 AM

Yea, they say they hate the Steelers with a passion, but would be perfectly fine in any of our stars joined the Ravens.

pete74
03-18-2013, 09:51 AM

You wouldn't make a good boss, you can't take things personal. Harrison gave his heart and body to this team. He always gave his all and now you hate him because he wouldnt take a pay cut. Do you really think Troy or Woodley or even Brown would except a pay cut because none of them earned the money they were paid last season? Hell no they wouldn't

TRH
03-18-2013, 09:59 AM
He's not going to play for "vet minimum..........."

He will be forced to take a paycut now, even likeley a 'large" paycut - but it certainly won't be even close to vet minimum.

Most signs are pointing to the fact that both he and the Steelers should have signed the reduced pay offer he was offered here. Its probably more likely at this point that it was for more money than he'll get anywhere else.

OX1947
03-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Can anyone confirm the details before he was released? I heard it was for a 2 mil pay cut but could be made up in incentives. Everyone knows James loves is money, so no surprise on the situation. But James is one of those guys who cashes the checks is ass makes.

Fire Haley
03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Harrison is a proud guy

don't bet on it

scraps might be all he's gonna get

James Harrison 'coldest name' at NFL meetings

SI's Peter King calls free agent James Harrison the "coldest name" at this week's league meetings.

Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think this is the coldest name of them all here at the NFL Meetings: James Harrison. Cannot find anyone admitting to being interested in the former Steeler. It seems if he wants to play this year, he'll have to do it for less than half of what he was supposed to make for the Steelers. He should have taken the cut the Steelers were offering.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130318/jake-long-nfc-west-nfl-free-agency-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp

steelfury02
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
don't bet on it

scraps might be all he's gonna get

James Harrison 'coldest name' at NFL meetings

SI's Peter King calls free agent James Harrison the "coldest name" at this week's league meetings.

Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think this is the coldest name of them all here at the NFL Meetings: James Harrison. Cannot find anyone admitting to being interested in the former Steeler. It seems if he wants to play this year, he'll have to do it for less than half of what he was supposed to make for the Steelers. He should have taken the cut the Steelers were offering.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130318/jake-long-nfc-west-nfl-free-agency-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp

Would the Steelers still be willing to take him for the 30% pay cut if he finds no other suitors? Or, was the point that the 30% deal is off the table, and the Steelers will now ask him to take even more off with no potential market for him. Or, is that that - he's done with us no matter what? Thoughts?

TRH
03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
...this is what i've been saying all along. He should have taken that deal - at his age.
Harrison's "league" reputation (not only his age) scares most, if not all teams, away. It's doubtful at this point he would get the original Pittsburgh offer.

If, and thats an "IF", he and his agent talk w/us again, it would almost surely be an additional hefty paycut from the original offer.

harrison'samonster
03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Would the Steelers still be willing to take him for the 30% pay cut if he finds no other suitors? Or, was the point that the 30% deal is off the table, and the Steelers will now ask him to take even more off with no potential market for him. Or, is that that - he's done with us no matter what? Thoughts?

I wouldn't say he's done with us no matter what, but we don't know what he's thinking. It would be in his best interest to sign back with the Steelers.

Fire Haley
03-18-2013, 01:59 PM
It would be in his best interest to sign back with the Steelers.

and tell him to bring Max with him!

Fire Haley
03-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Thoughts?

Greatest Fathead mural ...of all time!

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Fathead/RealBig_Mural_Blue_Living_Temp?layer=comp&wid=628&hei=628&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.2,0,0&iccEmbed=0&$product_template=is{Fathead/12-20436_nfl_james_harrison_superbowl_td_mural?scl=1% 26$layer_1_src%3dis{Fathead/shim%3fscl%3d1}}

desertsteel
03-18-2013, 03:50 PM
...this is what i've been saying all along. He should have taken that deal - at his age.
Harrison's "league" reputation (not only his age) scares most, if not all teams, away. It's doubtful at this point he would get the original Pittsburgh offer.

If, and thats an "IF", he and his agent talk w/us again, it would almost surely be an additional hefty paycut from the original offer.

Or maybe more incentive laden at this point.

NSMaster56
03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Or maybe more incentive laden at this point.

Incentive #1:

$100k for every game NOT fined or suspended.

harrison'samonster
03-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Incentive #1:

$100k for every game NOT fined or suspended.

:chuckle:

you got it wrong. $100k for every fine would be the way to go. We want the old Harrison.

NSMaster56
03-18-2013, 04:06 PM

you got it wrong. $100k for every fine would be the way to go. We want the old Harrison.

Touche.

pczach
03-18-2013, 04:07 PM
He thought there would be a bidding war for his services, and that the Steelers were a bunch of bastards that were screwing him. I think he's finding out that he greatly overestimated his value. Is reality setting in James?:doh:

FrancoLambert
03-18-2013, 05:21 PM
I hope he eats crow (and not Raven) and comes back to Pitt for 1 more year. :hug:
We could still use him and he can retire as a Steeler. :tt04:

sax
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Word around the league........Harrison is in a dead zone.....
Nobody wants his attitude..... or pay him the money he thinks HE SHOULD GET!

Unless, Some owner (the ones with $$$$$) is willing to pay a Sh$t load of
$$$$ for a player at the end of his career.

It would add a little more intensity to the RAVENS games, If he went there!

Hope he finds a home.

Like his NASTY hits!

later,
Sax

Hawaii 5-0
03-20-2013, 03:09 AM
As cold as ice: James Harrison getting the deep freeze at owners meeting

Submitted by 60 Max Power O Staff on March 18, 2013

http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/images_723.jpg

Maybe former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison should have taken a pay cut, because heís not getting any love, from anyone. Agents sure can convince their clients to go looking for the money, but if the money isnít there, the agent can find another client; however, the player is stuck.

Thatís where Harrison is right now, stuck in a block of ice, literally, and he has no one to blame but himself and his agent. Harrison will never win any congeniality awards; heís made it quite clear heís out to hurt, disobey new rules on safety, and even dissed the President of the United States.

So what did he expect when he hit the open market? One of the surliest players youíll ever meet thought heíd have the world beating down his door for his services, and his agent let him think that.

If he had taken the pay cut in Pittsburgh heíd have a job right now, but in addition to being one of the baddest men in town comes the ramifications. According to Chris Wesseling of NFL.com, Harrisonís name is the Ďcoldestí at the owner meetings. Wessling writes:

ĎWith NFL executives congregating in Phoenix over the weekend, SI.com's Peter King finds that Harrison is "the coldest name of them all" at the NFL Annual Meeting.

Unable to find a single person willing to admit an interest in Harrison, King believes the 34-year-old will have to settle for less than half of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn with the Steelers.

Frankly, King's report isn't the least bit surprising. While Harrison remains stout against the run, it was obvious that he had lost a few steps as a pass rusher last season. No team with a 3-4 defense is going to spend big money for a declining, injury-prone edge rusher no longer pressuring quarterbacks on a consistent basis.í

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/as_cold_as_ice_james_harrison_getting_the_deep_fre eze_at_owners_meeting/13172632

Galax Steeler
03-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Harrison may be coming back to the black and gold. The longer free agency goes the less the guy is going to make.He needs to accept reality that he is getting old and is not the player he use to be.

pete74
03-20-2013, 05:07 AM
Personally I wasn't Worilds to start. I want to see what he has. If we brought Harrison back I would leave him on the bench until Woodley or Worilds gets hurt

lowester
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Personally I wasn't Worilds to start. I want to see what he has. If we brought Harrison back I would leave him on the bench until Woodley or Worilds gets hurt

I dont think you bench a 5 time pro bowler who was surging at the end of last season to start someone who hasn't proven themselves to even make water boy yet... Just my opinion

pete74
03-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I dont think you bench a 5 time pro bowler who was surging at the end of last season to start someone who hasn't proven themselves to even make water boy yet... Just my opinion

Actually you must be the only person who feels this way seeing as though nobody signedhim yet. Alot of people are like you and thankfully you don't run the team. You don't pay (or play) players for what they did in the past. Harrison is to old and his body is breaking down. If you were the GM we would still be starting Porter and Harrison would of never played a game anyway

harrison'samonster
03-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Actually you must be the only person who feels this way seeing as though nobody signedhim yet. Alot of people are like you and thankfully you don't run the team. You don't pay (or play) players for what they did in the past. Harrison is to old and his body is breaking down. If you were the GM we would still be starting Porter and Harrison would of never played a game anyway

he wouldn't be the only person who feels that way. I think they've got to put the best player in that position. If Harrison were back on the team, that's who it would be.

pete74
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
he wouldn't be the only person who feels that way. I think they've got to put the best player in that position. If Harrison were back on the team, that's who it would be.

I agree, the best player starts but is that really a 36 year old beaten up linebacker? I don't know and you don't know only the coach can answer that. All I know is Worilds is younger and looked pretty good rushing the QB in his limited action last season.

ebsteelers
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM
i understand harrison cant take the vets minimum because with all his fines... he'll be paying to play by the end of the year.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 11:53 AM
its a tough call all the ways around because sometimes you have to go with the unknown just to rip the band aid off - even if it hurts in the short term

ebsteelers
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
give him a million dollars for one year, and a jugs machine ... that should make him happy cause hes not getting jack squat from anyone else

kan_t
03-20-2013, 02:43 PM
I agree, the best player starts but is that really a 36 year old beaten up linebacker? I don't know and you don't know only the coach can answer that. All I know is Worilds is younger and looked pretty good rushing the QB in his limited action last season.
I might remember incorrectly. He looked good at LOLB but looked terrible at ROLB. Harrison also played very well in second half of the season. He got 5 of his 6 sacks in last 7 games. It makes me believe that he still has 1 year left.

lowester
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM

So if we signed Harrison for another year you would bench him and have Worlds start?.. Harrison came on strong at the end of the season....

"You Don't pay or play players from what they did in the past??" Where to begin with such a stupid statement..

this conversation is over..

pete74
03-20-2013, 04:07 PM
So if we signed Harrison for another year you would bench him and have Worlds start?.. Harrison came on strong at the end of the season....

"You Don't pay or play players from what they did in the past??" Where to begin with such a stupid statement..

this conversation is over..

That's a stupid statement? It's obvious that your a really smart person but I'm confused here. Do you really think you should pay someone for what they have done in the past even if you know they can no longer do that? Should we start Hampton for the next 5 year's and pay him top NT money just because he held our line together for ten years? Ok then, have fun with that. I see a possible GM position in your future

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
just my opinion - I'm so scared of injuries to this team and especially at that position that if Harrison is done here, we get Worilds who might get injured, and then who - unproven guy? The unproven guy is the gamble - and its 50/50 that it will pay off

Its not a good position for the Steelers to be in either way - I know I don't have the right answer though - we won't know that until the season is underway

pete74
03-20-2013, 04:35 PM
just my opinion - I'm so scared of injuries to this team and especially at that position that if Harrison is done here, we get Worilds who might get injured, and then who - unproven guy? The unproven guy is the gamble - and its 50/50 that it will pay off

Its not a good position for the Steelers to be in either way - I know I don't have the right answer though - we won't know that until the season is underway

I agree. Worilds has a history of injuries and Woodley has had a few recently. We definitely need at least one good backup because there is a very good chance someone will go down