PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Steelers OT Willie Colon to Jets

Fire Haley
03-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Former Steelers OT Willie Colon to Jets on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.

Adam Caplan‏@caplannflColon is expected to start at guard for the Jets.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

TRH
03-15-2013, 02:59 PM

giant paycut for him.

possible good deal for the Jets. They barely have any money, just like us

harrison'samonster
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
considering his injury history it's a good deal for him. Glad to see.

Steel_Bus_24
03-15-2013, 03:01 PM

Adam Caplan‏@caplannflColon is expected to start at guard for the Jets.

Maybe The Colon can make it through the whole season this year

Fire Haley
03-15-2013, 03:10 PM
I won't miss all his penalties

bye willie

Hawaii 5-0
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
low risk - possible high reward deal for the Jets...

SteelersCanada
03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
From protecting Ben to protecting the guy that ran into one of his offensive linemen's ass and fumbled the ball. How the mighty have fallen.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/sanchez21.gif

Cue the Betty Hill music.

teegre
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM
The contract talks for OT Willie Colon were delayed, because every time that Colon moved towards the pen (to sign the contract), everyone in the room had to move backwards ten yards first.

TheVet
03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Willie at $1.2 m would have been great depth for the Steelers OL. Except that he would have cost us $5m+. And except that we don't have a starting LG yet.

The_Joker
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Enjoy Mark Sanchez's head up your ass :)

jacobo
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Good deal for the Jets. New York's a nice rest stop for him before he heads to Arizona

JackH
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
The contract talks for OT Willie Colon were delayed, because every time that Colon moved towards the pen (to sign the contract), everyone in the room had to move backwards ten yards first.

Lol. Yeah, he stinks. Seriously. I remember some interview with Big Ben a few years back where Ben was asked who in the locker room smells the worst. He said Willie doesn't wear any socks and his feet stink.

Willie wouldn't really be a good guy for this new zone blocking scheme anyway, would he? I would think you'd want the younger more agile guys with smaller stomachs.

FanSince72
03-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Now the Jets have a Colon to go with the asshole in charge of the team!

austinfrench76
03-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Good for him. Not the Jets so much though!

OX1947
03-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Wow. It is already going to be hard enough to have a normal offense that can drive down the field, now they are going to have to worry about offsides and holding calls from willie each game. Good luck Rex, this might be your last year as a HC.

austinfrench76
03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
And Willie will be good. Until he gets hurt in Week 7 or so.

tony hipchest
03-17-2013, 03:44 AM
penalties and injuries aside... if there were ANYBODY i would want with me walking through a dark alley or the bronx (same difference?) it would be that bad ass BEAST willie colon.

i hope to see the young'n get healthy and revive his career while back at home.

after all, if decastro gets injured next year the fans will label him as injury prone and we may need willie back. :noidea:

zcoop
03-17-2013, 10:13 AM
penalties and injuries aside... if there were ANYBODY i would want with me walking through a dark alley or the bronx (same difference?) it would be that bad ass BEAST willie colon.

i hope to see the young'n get healthy and revive his career while back at home.

after all, if decastro gets injured next year the fans will label him as injury prone and we may need willie back. :noidea:

Naw, they wouldn't do that to Decastro. He is one of the untouchables.

Lady Steel
03-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Lol. Yeah, he stinks. Seriously. I remember some interview with Big Ben a few years back where Ben was asked who in the locker room smells the worst. He said Willie doesn't wear any socks and his feet stink.

Colon is safe from Rex's foot fetish then, unless Rexy likes stinky feet, too.

Wwwww Willie and the Jets! See ya! :wave: