PDA

View Full Version : Why the big panic?

6RINGS
03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
I see the Steelers as being better next year as the team sits right now.

James Harrison - Played injured all last year. You can not tell me that Worilds can't play to the level Harrison played to last year or better. We may lose a little in run support, but I believe Lebeau can scheme us into good shape with Worilds.

Mike Wallace He is a one trick pony. His one trick is very good, but he disappeared in games where the opposing defense keyed on him deep. He is and was not an elite receiver. The Dolphins are screwed with what they paid him. Elite receivers get theirs damn near every week, even in embarrassing loses most of the time.

Willie Colon - No explanation needed.

Mendenhall - Has all the tools, but is a head case. Juking at the L.O.S on most running plays. Fumbling the football in keys situations. He was never a dominating force like Barry Foster, Franco or the Bus. He never proved that he could be the man week in and week out. I truly believe whatever RB we draft will make us forget him NEXT SEASON.

Keenan Lewis.- His departure hurt our depth, but it will not hurt having Allen take his place in base packages. The nickel and dime packages will reveal our lack of depth. I do not believe the guys that we will deploy in the nickel and dime packages will cause the defense to be ranked any less than a top 10.

Emmanuel Sanders - I like what he can bring, but I truly believe that Burress, Cotchery and Brown are our best receivers. There is something to be said about receivers who can consistently get open. We won a Super Bowl with Cedric Wilson, Randle El and Hines Ward. Burress and Cotchery may not have but a few years left in the tank, but I would take them over Wallace right now.

Ryan Mundy - No explanation needed. We have Troy, Allen, Clark and I hear the coaches are very hopeful about Golden. We may draft another safety as well.

Casey Hampton - McClendon will be fine and Ta'amu should take a step forward this year.

Starks - It's time for the young draft picks to earn their keep. I think (hope) we will be fine. Adams, Decastro, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert and we have others on the roster that have been serviceable.

I am more worried about the TE position, more than any of the free-agent departures. Miller may not be ready, so I am curious what we will do.

I would be fine with Burress and Brown on the ends this year with Cotchery and Sanders running the slot. We can win games with this lineup in the immediate future. Two or three years is another story. If we keep Sanders, I do not see the need to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. We have zero behind Worilds and Woodley. We have zero behind Foote and Timmons. If Sean Spence does not make it back, we are really screwed. That would be a huge draft pick completely wasted. I see our first 3 round needs as OLBer, ILBer and RB. I do not trust Carter and Stevenson Sylvester's name is not even mentioned anymore. Dwyer is not dedicated to his craft( weight issues) and Redman can not do it all by himself. I think we will have a much closer locker room next season with the guys we are keeping. I also think that we will be in the mix to win the division. I will take Ben over what Cleveland and the Bengals have at QB. Flacco is good, but the Ravens will not be able to come back from what they have lost this off-season. We will now see if Flacco really has a pair.

Bayz101
03-15-2013, 06:55 PM
GoFor7 is the only one panicking.

sloppyjoe
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
i think these people fail to realize we have tomlin as our head coach

jacobo
03-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Nice post and sums up the offseason pretty well to this point.

Quackjack
03-15-2013, 07:06 PM
i think these people fail to realize we have tomlin as our head coach

Damn right we do!

Mike Tomlin, Ben and Troy are still here folks. We're fine.

austinfrench76
03-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Completely agree but Sanders is gone???

harrison'samonster
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
thanks for the post 6RINGS and welcome to the board! I agree with a lot your saying. We are fine.

sloppyjoe
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Damn right we do!

Mike Tomlin, Ben and Troy are still here folks. We're fine.

we dont even need ben or troy

harrison'samonster
03-15-2013, 07:11 PM

yeah, it looks like the Patriots are going to take him away

6RINGS
03-15-2013, 07:14 PM

No, I just threw him in there in case he does not make it out of Bawston.

6RINGS
03-15-2013, 07:18 PM
thanks for the post 6RINGS and welcome to the board! I agree with a lot your saying. We are fine.

Thanks, I have been a member over at Steeler nation since the mid 90s. This is a very cool site.

Quackjack
03-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks, I have been a member over at Steeler nation since the mid 90s. This is a very cool site.

Sucks for you, you're gonna change your name come February ;)

6RINGS
03-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Sucks for you, you're gonna change your name come February ;)

I started out as 4Rings in the 90s, then I went to 5Rings, now I am 6Rings. I change every time we win a ring. People just call me rings or blinger. I hope what you are saying is true about the name change in January.

Justp94
03-15-2013, 07:46 PM
There's nothing 100% official about Sanders being signed by the Pats. However, when the only true #1 Receiver on the Steelers, Antonio Brown tweets "Guess AB the last guy standing ! #SteelersNation" it seriously makes you think that him and Sanders spoke about the deal/potential deal he's going to sign.
https://twitter.com/AntonioBrown84/status/312638114025861120

6RINGS
03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
There's nothing 100% official about Sanders being signed by the Pats. However, when the only true #1 Receiver on the Steelers, Antonio Brown tweets "Guess AB the last guy standing ! #SteelersNation" it seriously makes you think that him and Sanders spoke about the deal/potential deal he's going to sign.
https://twitter.com/AntonioBrown84/status/312638114025861120

I'll take the extra 3rd..

Justp94
03-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Sanders is a talented WR, but with the WR class this year we could get a possible 2nd round talent that drops to the 3rd round with our original 3rd round pick and then maybe a a good 3rd round pick with the extra pick from the Patriots.

Imagine if WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (projected 2nd-3rd round) ends up with the Steelers as our 3rd round pick and then a RB like Le'Veon Bell or Montee Ball is still on the board? We'd have two automatic starters in the 3rd round because of Sanders signing with the Pats.

Steelers5895
03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
My issue is not who we lost, its who we brought back. underperforming older defensive players. i would have liked to see us move on from Foote, Dwyer, Redman, Gay.

pczach
03-15-2013, 09:23 PM
My issue is not who we lost, its who we brought back. underperforming older defensive players. i would have liked to see us move on from Foote, Dwyer, Redman, Gay.

Just because they signed them, doesn't mean they start. As backups they are very good.

Fire Haley
03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I truly believe that Burress, Cotchery and Brown are our best receivers. .

hahahahaha

Smokin' that good shit again?

tony hipchest
03-16-2013, 12:44 AM
i cant beleive what im reading in this thread....

the internet has been around since the mid 90's?????

PhantomJB93
03-16-2013, 01:31 AM
I do think people are panicking a little to fast and our situation is not as bad as many people are making it sound. Most of our losses, although not all of them, have been "addition by subtraction" to me. Harrison either didn't play or was horribly ineffective until late in the season, Worilds will not be what Harrison was in 2008 but he will be better than what Harrison was in 2012. Lewis was never good until last year and many including myself wanted him cut last offseason. Mendenhall has been an embarrassment the past two seasons and literally anyone we could draft would be better. Emmanuel Sanders has underwhelmed. I don't really think we're THAT worse off than we were at the end of last year, and the only thing we'll sorely miss is Wallace's TD production.

At the same time, I think it's silly to say this team is better than it was at the end of last season. Wallace will be missed more than people realize. We don't know what we're going to get out of a full season of Worilds at OLB, or Cortez Allen as a starting outside CB, or Mclendon as a full time NT. They could all be Pro-Bowl fixtures of a new dominant defense for the next decade, or they could all be scrubs getting cut within the next few seasons. We don't know. But just as it's not given that we'll go 12-4 after all these cuts, there's no guarantee we'll go 8-8 either just because last year's team did. A franchise QB goes a long way and if any one of Worilds, Allen, Mclendon, or a rookie RB/WR can step up and be a playmaker this year we could easily be in for a surprisingly good season, considering none of those players' predecessors were difference makers (except MAYBE Lewis) this past season.

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 01:36 AM
There's nothing 100% official about Sanders being signed by the Pats

Emmanuel Sanders has signed an offer sheet with the New England Patriots that will force the Steelers to match the offer or let him go, too.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ngland-679537/

tony hipchest
03-16-2013, 01:55 AM
patriots know sanders is a gem in the rough. he was more polished than brown comiing out of college (they each caught 300+ balls in college) and are pretty much clones of eachother. all this crap that sanders cant run routes or has bad hands is bogus.

brown just has slightly better return skills which gave him a leg up. sanders had a few bad breaks which gave him a "leg down" (no pun intended).

i dont think we will be able to match the offer. pats know they got a steal waiting to happen. they wipe their ass with draft picks and sanders is more solid and ready to contribute than ANY wr they may pluck out of the 3rd round.

OX1947
03-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Big Ben is not Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. He is an injury prone, reckless player. You can not depend on him to be there 16 games out of the year. He will miss 3 or 4 games or in those 3 or 4 games be hobbled to the point where he will not be able to do what he does best.

So, with that, if you deplete the team and go with rookies and 2nd time, around players, you are going to have major issues. That, and the fact that our head coach isn't known for master strategy. He let the locker room turn into a bunch of cry baby dickheads that did not have one leader that could stabilize anything. It soured and the team suffered from it.

Losing to the Titans and Raiders is proof. Losing those games when you have double digit leads in them in the final quarter, also shows the lack of strategy from your head coach. Lack of killer instincts. Lack of not pounding teams to the ground.

My hope is if the Steelers are going to get an extra third rounder from Sanders, then use it to move up in the 1st round from their 2nd round pick. If there was a draft they needed two 1st rounders, its this one. And being that Colbert is 13/13 in the first round in terms of picks being starters, getting 2 this year greatly helps the team build the next era of players.

Another question, how the hell are the Steelers against the cap so bad when they havent signed a damn player? Shouldnt we be well under by now with all the restructures and letting anyone who wanted a dollar over what the steelers wanted to pay?

ZoneBlitzer
03-16-2013, 02:18 AM
The sky is falling. It really is. This off-season has been a disaster thus far.

fujirama24
03-16-2013, 05:49 AM
I guess we will see how good A B really is without Wallace on the other side., He may have been a one trick pony but he demanded safety help on every play. Lets see how AB handles the new looks. I hope he can do it. Who starts opposite of him now burress WOW. Cothchery is better in the slot. And as for the NT talamu shouldn't even be on this team right now. I would still cut him loose. He doesn't deserve to wear the uniform.

pete74
03-16-2013, 05:58 AM

God look at the 2009 draft that was loaded with receivers as well. There are first round busts but once you get into the 2nd and 3rd you have a very slim chance of finding a starting caliber WR. Actually Wallace was the steal of the draft and the best receiver outside the first and alot of people here seem to think he is useless.

Buddha Bus
03-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Another question, how the hell are the Steelers against the cap so bad when they havent signed a damn player? Shouldnt we be well under by now with all the restructures and letting anyone who wanted a dollar over what the steelers wanted to pay?

They signed Bruce Gradkowski, Matt Spaeth, and William Gay. They re-signed Foster, David Johnson, Foote, Redman, Burress, and Dwyer. :noidea:

The Steelers are also reportedly pursuing LB Victor Butler from the Dallas Cowboys. They may want to hold onto some of their cash to possibly sign him.

You also have to remember that we were way over the cap before the restructures/re-signings started. They had a deep hole to start with and the contract reworkings were mostly to help with getting under the cap. Most of the money saved from those restructurings that was under-the-cap spending money has been used on the above mentioned guys already.

The team expects the cap savings they will get in June from the release of Willie Colon will take care of our drafted players signings.

6RINGS
03-16-2013, 07:14 AM
hahahahaha

Smokin' that good shit again?

Burress and Cotchery's skill sets are much more complete. Wallace and Sanders are just younger players. Tired of seeing Ben pat the ball waiting on our young fast rece8vers to get open. That will not happen with Burress Cotchery and Brown. I would give Sanders an edge over Cotchery, but not Burress.

6RINGS
03-16-2013, 07:18 AM
God look at the 2009 draft that was loaded with receivers as well. There are first round busts but once you get into the 2nd and 3rd you have a very slim chance of finding a starting caliber WR. Actually Wallace was the steal of the draft and the best receiver outside the first and alot of people here seem to think he is useless.

Wallace is not useless. He is just not worth 12 mil a year.

FrancoLambert
03-16-2013, 09:32 AM
The sky is falling. It really is. This off-season has been a disaster thus far.

How dare you say that. Don't you know you will be labeled a "Negative Nancy."

Forget who we're losing and who we're counting on to replace them with no drop-off in play.

You really need to purchase a set of Black and Gold blinders.

We're fine!!

pete74
03-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Wallace is not useless. He is just not worth 12 mil a year.

I never said he was worth that. In fact I said numerous times that no reciever is worth that much. As for not being useless, alot of people here seemed to think he was and that he only hurt the team. Go read any wallace thread and you will see

Kingmagyar
03-16-2013, 10:12 AM
There is no reason to panic except::

Both Offensive tackles we have are completely unproven at the left tackle position. The most important position on the line. Even if they turn out to be very good they will still have growing pains. Gilbert has proven a knack for getting other lineman and players hurt by falling on them. That's a bad sign if your knocked off your feet that much.

Our great TE won't be playing until probably October.

We have a WR corp that was terrible down the stretch last year and no reliable deep threat now that Wallace is gone. We may be losing Sanders as well.

We don't have a true starter at RB on the roster right now as well.

We have no tested OLB to replace Harrison and Woodley's production has fallen way off. And if an injury happens to either one of them?

Status quo at inside linebacker.

No proven NT. And if you don't have that you will be run on all day. McClendon couldn't even get on the field last year. If he had anything he would have forced the hand of the coaches to put him out there.

We lost our best corner for a reasonable contract of 5 million a year. Cortez Allen is in no way the physical corner that Keenan Lewis is. He will be blocked by big receivers and have trouble stopping the run.

Can Troy stay healthy?

Big Ben has a problem with this offense. Seeing the success of BA is not helping his attitude. And he might be the biggest reason we lost those games he played down the stretch. He needs to buy into what Haley is selling.

Mike Tomlin is the coach. I'm sorry but this guy has no idea how to game manage. His use of timeouts costing points at the end of halfs or crazy challenges are costing this team games.

We have no depth. Injuries and they will come will hurt this team.

They and fans will have to rely on this year's draft class too much to fill needs. There was a statistical study done on success rate of draft picks by round. Success meaning are they starters. And by the time the third round hits the success rate is already down to 30%. They won't find starters in every round and they will have busts.

I'm optimistic always about the team and am a die hard fan, but there is reason to worry. This team was 8-8 last year. They will need a lot of things to go right this year.

Quackjack
03-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Both Offensive tackles we have are completely unproven at the left tackle position. The most important position on the line. Even if they turn out to be very good they will still have growing pains. Gilbert has proven a knack for getting other lineman and players hurt by falling on them. That's a bad sign if your knocked off your feet that much.

We have a WR corp that was terrible down the stretch last year and no reliable deep threat now that Wallace is gone. We may be losing Sanders as well.

We don't have a true starter at RB on the roster right now as well.

We have no tested OLB to replace Harrison and Woodley's production has fallen way off. And if an injury happens to either one of them?

Status quo at inside linebacker.

No proven NT. And if you don't have that you will be run on all day. McClendon couldn't even get on the field last year. If he had anything he would have forced the hand of the coaches to put him out there.

We lost our best corner for a reasonable contract of 5 million a year. Cortez Allen is in no way the physical corner that Keenan Lewis is. He will be blocked by big receivers and have trouble stopping the run.

Can Troy stay healthy?

Big Ben has a problem with this offense. Seeing the success of BA is not helping his attitude. And he might be the biggest reason we lost those games he played down the stretch. He needs to buy into what Haley is selling.

Mike Tomlin is the coach. I'm sorry but this guy has no idea how to game manage. His use of timeouts costing points at the end of halfs or crazy challenges are costing this team games.

We have no depth. Injuries and they will come will hurt this team.

They and fans will have to rely on this year's draft class too much to fill needs. There was a statistical study done on success rate of draft picks by round. Success meaning are they starters. And by the time the third round hits the success rate is already down to 30%. They won't find starters in every round and they will have busts.

I'm optimistic always about the team and am a die hard fan, but there is reason to worry. This team was 8-8 last year. They will need a lot of things to go right this year.

LT? True, but a minor problem.

TE? We got our backup back.

WR? True, but they always get something to click. Have faith in Tomlin.

RB? How is this an issue? We pick someone up, big whoop.

OLB? Draft.

NT? Just you watch McLendon.

Troy? That's a toss-up.

Big Ben? He's fucking Ben! Top 5 QB, you're high if you think he's bad with this team.

Tomlin? Depth? Now you're just fucking spewing crap.

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 10:19 AM
or maybe Bouchette was drunk again and jumped the gun

I'd rather believe Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots still mulling whether to sign Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. So far, no decision made and no offer sheet signed.

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Burress and Cotchery's skill sets are much more complete. Wallace and Sanders are just younger players. .

LOL...and about 100X faster

zcoop
03-16-2013, 11:52 AM
How dare you say that. Don't you know you will be labeled a "Negative Nancy."

Forget who we're losing and who we're counting on to replace them with no drop-off in play.

You really need to purchase a set of Black and Gold blinders.

We're fine!!

I had some of those blinders but I cut some holes in them. :chuckle:

VaDave
03-16-2013, 11:55 AM
i cant beleive what im reading in this thread....

the internet has been around since the mid 90's?????

And Al Gore invented it....

cowherpower
03-16-2013, 12:43 PM
For the past couple of years I have been saying to all my friends who claim we are old and are heading down, that they just don't know how the Steelers operate. That they don't understand that we have drafted replacements for all of our aging veterans i.e. Worilds for Harrison, Spence for Foote, Allen/Brown for Ike, Adams for Starks, Ta'amu for Hampton. I argued this based on how the Steelers historically managed to do this, particularly under Cowher. This will be THE definitive year under Tomlin. I get trying to keep the team together to make one more run last year. Seems this year we are making the transition. After this draft we will no longer be considered old. By 2014 we will be young again.

My concern is that the 'replacement' we drafted have not gotten the requisite playing time to put my mind at ease. I am not concerned about RB as if there is a hole to run through, any back will do...just look at Emmit. I am not concerned about WR because Ben excels at intermediate throws and he has five (including Gilreath) who can all create separation, and a good TE in Heath who should only miss a few games. I am very concerned about this draft. We HAVE to add a pro bowl caliber player for our secondary if not two. Troy and Clark are needing their replacements to be drafted this season. I am also concerned about our LB core. We HAVE to draft a future starter this year. Getting a WR in third would complete this draft for me. We do this, and our 'replacement' players step up, then we will transition quickly back into contention.

2013 will not be a playoff season. But, that is okay, every team goes through this. But with some luck we can get prepared for another serious 5 year run starting in 2014. I hold out hope but not for this season.

Kingmagyar
03-16-2013, 02:04 PM
If there ever was a year we need to add talent through the draft and free agency it would be this year.

I just hope next year's free agency crop is as good as this year. we may actually have some money to spend on free agents next year. And not the crazy deals. There is some real bargain deals going on right now.

And you got to love the bengals. All that money to spend and nothing. wow.

Steeldude
03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
James Harrison - Played injured all last year. You can not tell me that Worilds can't play to the level Harrison played to last year or better. We may lose a little in run support, but I believe Lebeau can scheme us into good shape with Worilds.

There is no way Worilds could play anywhere close to Harrison(injured or not). Worilds has lined up there before. The result was miserable. You lost more than run support. Worilds can't play the right side. The left side, yes. Worilds filling in for Woodley is fine. The run support is better with Worilds than with Woodley.

I would have rather cut Woodley and ate the dead cap money.

As of now, there is not a single player on the roster who can fill Harrison's shoes.

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I was right - Bouchette was drunk

Updating a previous item, the Washington Observer-Reporter reports restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders left New England Friday without signing an offer sheet.

It appears the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette jumped the gun

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130315/SPORTS0403/130319523#.UURxLdE6VYT

6RINGS
03-16-2013, 02:21 PM
LOL...and about 100X faster
Ask Hines Ward and Jerry Rice about speed...

jacobo
03-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah, speed is one of the least important receiver traits in this offense. Hands, effort, precise routes, cuts etc are all more important. Brown's enough of a speedster to keep defenses keen. Plus there's a bunch of talent in the draft to make up for it, if they go that way.

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Ask Hines Ward and Jerry Rice about speed...

we have neither of them playing for us

teegre
03-16-2013, 04:20 PM
we have neither of them playing for us

Currently, alas, they could.

Steelers5895
03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
For the past couple of years I have been saying to all my friends who claim we are old and are heading down, that they just don't know how the Steelers operate. That they don't understand that we have drafted replacements for all of our aging veterans i.e. Worilds for Harrison, Spence for Foote, Allen/Brown for Ike, Adams for Starks, Ta'amu for Hampton. I argued this based on how the Steelers historically managed to do this, particularly under Cowher. This will be THE definitive year under Tomlin. I get trying to keep the team together to make one more run last year. Seems this year we are making the transition. After this draft we will no longer be considered old. By 2014 we will be young again.

My concern is that the 'replacement' we drafted have not gotten the requisite playing time to put my mind at ease. I am not concerned about RB as if there is a hole to run through, any back will do...just look at Emmit. I am not concerned about WR because Ben excels at intermediate throws and he has five (including Gilreath) who can all create separation, and a good TE in Heath who should only miss a few games. I am very concerned about this draft. We HAVE to add a pro bowl caliber player for our secondary if not two. Troy and Clark are needing their replacements to be drafted this season. I am also concerned about our LB core. We HAVE to draft a future starter this year. Getting a WR in third would complete this draft for me. We do this, and our 'replacement' players step up, then we will transition quickly back into contention.

2013 will not be a playoff season. But, that is okay, every team goes through this. But with some luck we can get prepared for another serious 5 year run starting in 2014. I hold out hope but not for this season.

if that is so and 2013 in not a playoff year, why bring back old players instead of playing youth and in 2014 they have a year under their belt?

VaDave
03-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Yeah, speed is one of the least important receiver traits in this offense. Hands, effort, precise routes, cuts etc are all more important. Brown's enough of a speedster to keep defenses keen. Plus there's a bunch of talent in the draft to make up for it, if they go that way.

RE: Speed

It may not be the only thing, or the most important thing, but a decided lack of it doesn't help much.

Beating the jam has got to be the most critical along with quick precise cuts along with decent acceleration. Also, knowing how to get your defender to turn his hips pointing the opposite direction from your cut is very useful too.

Finally, a good game plan that will keep a D off balance helps, a lot.

austinfrench76
03-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Has anyone seen anything on Sanders updated situation???

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Has anyone seen anything on Sanders updated situation???

zip nada nothing

But Ochocinco says he's ready for a comeback - - he's old and slow - he'll be perfect for our new offense!!!!

tony hipchest
03-17-2013, 02:54 AM

our LT's proved enough in college to be worthy enough of a 2nd round pick. if spending a year learning on the right side is good enough for HOFer jon ogden, i guess its good enough for our slapdick scrubs.

ben sure didnt seem to have a problem with the offense when he was putting up the best statistical season of his carrer. i guess snapping the clavicle off my sternum would give me an "attitude problem" as well.

lets just blame his throwing and the wr's lack of catching bad throws on attitude and BA penis envy because having ones arm ripped off would make too much sense. :coffee:

cowherpower
03-17-2013, 08:46 AM
if that is so and 2013 in not a playoff year, why bring back old players instead of playing youth and in 2014 they have a year under their belt?

I think they were brought back, not to be starters, but to be insurance in case the young players cannot beat them out. My whole point is that if the DO end up starting, it means we are in big doo doo because we drafted poorly and need to revisit those positions on top of the obvious needs. Or...it could mean that they expect it to take this season to develop enough to be able to start in 2014, because they didn't get PT last year.

fer522
03-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Because Tomlin is still our coach and khan(spelling) keeps puting us in cap hell?:noidea:

pete74
03-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Because Tomlin is still our coach and khan(spelling) keeps puting us in cap hell?:noidea:

I agree about Kahn. I'm no longer a fan of his.

fer522
03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I agree about Kahn. I'm no longer a fan of his.

You're right I don't think Tomlin has anything to do with how they keep restructuring those contracts

OX1947
03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
You're right I don't think Tomlin has anything to do with how they keep restructuring those contracts

You both are right, I heard as soon as Kahn restructured all the contract this last week, Tomlin was waiting outside his office and patted Kahn on the back as Kahn was walking out to go home.

pittpete
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
There is no way Worilds could play anywhere close to Harrison(injured or not). Worilds has lined up there before. The result was miserable.

They said the same thing about Harrison when Porter was there.
Lets just wait for the season first

SteelersCanada
03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Why the panic? Simple, we're spoiled and went 8-8. Remember 2009? Same thing.

fer522
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Why the panic? Simple, we're spoiled and went 8-8. Remember 2009? Same thing.

Yea we went 8-8 in 09 but the biggest difference is that we've lost valuable player in back to back season something the 09 team didn't have to go through (or maybe the did I don't remember and I'm too lazy look it up) :sofunny:

SteelersCanada
03-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Yea we went 8-8 in 09 but the biggest difference is that we've lost valuable player in back to back season something the 09 team didn't have to go through (or maybe the did I don't remember and I'm too lazy look it up) :sofunny:

I hate to be a bullbuster, but we went 9-7 in '09 and we lost Troy when he was still effective and not the shell of his former self. Also, I meant the fan reaction is very similar.

"We suck." "We have to rebuild." "Fire Tomlin."

The same bullshit we're hearing now.