PDA

View Full Version : Staley vs Duckett

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-21-2006, 07:10 AM
..With the news that the Jets picked up Barlow...It seems that Pitt has a chance at Duckett. I have been looking at both their stats in the preseason and Duckett is tearing things up against opponants first team defenses.
I'm not writing Staley off...but I wouldnt be disapointed in seeing Duckett in black and gold!!!
I keep checking the wire to see if anyone has picked up Duckett yet with the hope that we may be able to pull off a trade. What is the thinking of the Steeler faithful?..If anyone knows how to put a poll on this, I would be interested in seeing what % of us would like to pick up Duckett. Personally I think it will cost us a WR (Morgan?) and a lower draft pick next year.

BlackNGold203
08-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Maybe...Teams are going to wait...thinking Atlanta will just release Duckett....

Id love to see him in our backfield....:cool: :cool:

nicesteel4life
08-21-2006, 08:37 AM
I am getting to the point that I would almost take anybody for Duce to be gone. I really dont want to lose Morgan though. But i guess ya cant have everything you want.

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-21-2006, 08:43 AM
We are deep at WR,and Duce hasn't looked all that impressive thus far. I would love to see us pick up TJ.

83-Steelers-43
08-21-2006, 08:53 AM
IMO, it's still early to give up on Duce. It's only preseason. I would rather wait until we actually start playing meaningful games before I throw him over the cliff. I'm not denying he looks rusty; but I wasn't expecting him to come out and bust off 100 yards after riding the pine for the last two seasons.

As long as our backfield is healthy, I'm not concerned. Would it be nice to have Duckett? Sure; at the expense of a 3rd round pick? No. Do I see the Steelers snagging Duckett? No. I would rather get through this season with what we have and work our "draft magic" after this season is over.

"I think I'm getting there," said Staley. "The more reps you get, your timing is starting to come back and you're starting to get that feel. Things are starting to come back to me and that's what it's about."

HometownGal
08-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I"m kind of up in the air on this one. I think it's only fair to give Duce a chance, as the guy hasn't played much at all since he's been here because of his injuries and he did sacrifice his playing time in the playoffs and SB last season so Jerome could have his days in the sun before retiring. I think Duckett has a heap of talent, is fairly big in stature and can break a hole extremely well. He is also 6 years Duce's junior. I don't always believe that age is factor, but at the RB position, it can be important. Duce also seems to be injury prone which especially this season, can hurt the team. At least last season, they still had The Bus. I'm also not big on the idea of giving up Quincy Morgan - I think this guy can do great things with this team, but you've got to give up something to get something. I'm leaning towards saying OK let's do it, but I need a little more convincing that this is the right move at the right time for the Steelers. Does anyone know what he's looking for as far as a contract?

83-Steelers-43
08-21-2006, 09:34 AM
"It's definitely tough to miss all those games," Staley said. "You think you can jump right back in and your timing is there. But it's not like that. That's what the preseason games are for. This is one year where I can say I'm happy we have as many [preseason games] as we do because it's definitely going to help me get my timing back for the season."

BlackNGold203
08-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Duckett would be gravy....we will be OK without him....but it would be great to have him....

The other thing about Duckett is...he's in his last year of his contract...the Steelers dont use "rent-a-players"...that distinction belongs to another Pittsburgh franchise....:cool: :cool:

Prosdo
08-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I would love to see Duckett here. We have a good WR core in camp and we could afford to trade one. Hopefully we get another shot at him