PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Bradshaw

desertsteel
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
I'd like to see us bring this guy in. He runs with speed and power and brings his lunchpail and hardhat to work. I know he's had some injuries but if he passes a physical, he's only 26. When healthy, he's a major upgrade on Mendy.

Bane
03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree. He'd complement Dwyer nicely.

harrison'samonster
03-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I've got nothing against Bradshaw, I do think he runs well and hard. Any idea what price he'd be asking?

JVip
03-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I've got nothing against Bradshaw, I do think he runs well and hard. Any idea what price he'd be asking?

His price shrinks everyday he isn't signed. If he lasts past June 1st (which I doubt) we could use some money saved from Colons contract to sign him to a cheap one yr deal.

jacobo
03-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd love to have the dude. He'd be a good starter and not another fatback

desertsteel
03-16-2013, 09:42 PM
He may have to sign a 1 or 2 year deal due to the injury issue. If so, I say sign him and then draft the kid from SC, Lattimore who will be ready in 2014.

austinfrench76
03-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Would love to see him, or any vet worth a damn, brought in. Can't be worth less than what we have. I like both Dywer and Redman but not proven starters. Please bring someone in, this guy would be great!

6RingsAndCounting
03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 4:51 PM on Sun, Mar 17, 2013:
Packers and Steelers have expressed interest in former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

desertsteel
03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 4:51 PM on Sun, Mar 17, 2013:
Packers and Steelers have expressed interest in former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

I hope he is right! IMO it would be the biggest FA signing in years... Since Farrior.

SteelCurtain5643
03-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd love to get Bradshaw, please make this happen

desertsteel
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw reportedly draws Packers' interest

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer

Ahmad Bradshaw is still looking for work more than a month after getting his walking papers from the New York Giants.

A market for the veteran running back could be forming. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday that Bradshaw has drawn interest from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers.

The interest makes sense for both teams. The Packers are still in the market for a back after losing out to the Atlanta Falcons on Steven Jackson. The Steelers have a void in their backfield after allowing Rashard Mendenhall to leave for the Arizona Cardinals. Pittsburgh hosted Beanie Wells on Friday, but a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Wells has "a bad wheel."

If he can back to full health following another foot surgery, Bradshaw has the potential to be a free-agent steal. Like Mendenhall in Arizona, Bradshaw would likely have to settle for a one-year deal that would set him up to hit the open market again in 2014. Bradshaw turns on 27 on Tuesday.

The running-back market is essentially a barren wasteland at this point, making Bradshaw the best option (unless, of course, you believe a monster Michael Turner comeback season is in the offing). Bradshaw is going to find a home.

ETL
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
I can't see us offering a lot of money even now when we let the dust clear and scavenge at the left overs

desertsteel
03-17-2013, 04:38 PM
I think we will be far enough under the cap to give him market value, especially on a one or two year deal.

Bane
03-17-2013, 05:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/steelers-packers-interested-in-ahmad-bradshaw/

Mister Colbert, make it happen.

SteelersCanada
03-17-2013, 05:33 PM
AB was campaigning for him to come here. He also tweeted - then deleted - that he'd like to come play for Pittsburgh.

Bane
03-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I'd be psyched as hell. I think he'd be great for us, personally, especially alongside Dwyer.

Steelers5895
03-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Pass. We can get a running back in the draft. No need to spend on a free agent

desertsteel
03-17-2013, 06:11 PM

Name for me the last stud RB that we drafted.... I'll be waiting...

FrancoLambert
03-17-2013, 06:12 PM

No rookie will have his resume. He's injury prone but young.
It would be a good, sound move. Good complement to Dwyer/Redman.
He's a tough runner and he has a fiery attitude.

Steelers5895
03-17-2013, 06:49 PM
its about money guys. you can get a rb in the draft in rd 3 for peanuts compared to what an injury prone bradshaw will cost.

as for who we drafted, none. BUT league wide its not first round picks that are performing well. we just need to identify late round talent.

steelerchad
03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
He's a pretty tiny back compared to our other guys from last year. Mendy, Dwyer, Redman are all over 225lbs.

Bradshaw is 5'8, 195lbs. he'll be 27 in 2 days. Lots of injury issues. RB is an injury filled position. He'd have to be real cheap.

steeltheone
03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
He's a pretty tiny back compared to our other guys from last year. Mendy, Dwyer, Redman are all over 225lbs.

Bradshaw is 5'8, 195lbs. he'll be 27 in 2 days. Lots of injury issues. RB is an injury filled position. He'd have to be real cheap.

He will sign with the Jets..

kan_t
03-17-2013, 08:47 PM
His injury history scares me off.

desertsteel
03-17-2013, 09:06 PM
its about money guys. you can get a rb in the draft in rd 3 for peanuts compared to what an injury prone bradshaw will cost.

as for who we drafted, none. BUT league wide its not first round picks that are performing well. we just need to identify late round talent.

Name the last one the Steelers drafted in rounds 1-7 that was a stud. You can also get a all-time top 3 QB in round 6, but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Hawaii 5-0
03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers have Interest in Former-Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw

by Steelblitz

According to Adam Schefter the Pittsburgh Steelers have expressed interest in former-New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw. Bradshaw was released by the Giants in early February to save cap space for the team. During his six seasons in the NFL Bradshaw has been plagued by foot injuries, but he has also been productive when healthy.

Bradshaw’s yards per carry for his career is 4.6 and he has surpassed 1,000 yards rushing twice in his career. Even so, Bradshaw has only played 16 games once during his NFL career. During his career with the Giants Bradshaw has won two Super Bowls and been a factor in the run game, passing game, and return game. At 5’8″ and 195 pounds Bradshaw is a smaller back.

As Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, would say he is quicker than fast, but has the speed to break the long run. Every year of his career he has had a run of at least 37 yards. Bradshaw is a skilled pass catcher out of the backfield and would add another option in the passing game for the Steelers.

The Steelers are strapped with what they can do and who they can afford due to their salary cap issues. Therefore, it is unlikely they will be willing to give Bradshaw more than a one year deal at the veteran’s minimum. Bradshaw may be able to get a better deal than that on the open market, but due to his medical history and the fact that he has been on the market for over a month it is unlikely.

Currently the Steelers only running backs are Jonathan Dwyer, Isaac Redman and Baron Batch. Redman is still a restricted free agent and could still leave if he gets a deal on the open market, but that is unlikely to happen at this point. Of the backs on the roster Dwyer has the best chance of being the starter in 2013. Bradshaw would add some speed and experience to the Steelers running back group and could provide a solid one-two punch alongside Dwyer.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert has stated multiple times this off-season that the team needs to add depth to the running back position. They already looked at Beanie Wells in free agency, but he has left without a deal and their are rumors about his knee being a huge red flag. Bradshaw also has injury issues, but if he passes a physical the Steelers may go as far as offering him a contract.

Pittsburgh will also likely be looking to add a running back at some point during the 2013 NFL Draft. However, if they can add a player like Bradshaw in free agency it would allow them to wait until the later rounds to draft that player. Due to the Steelers many needs it would be beneficial for the team to have their early draft picks free to use on other positions such as outside linebacker, inside linebacker, and wide receiver; each of which the Steelers need to add depth.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/pittsburgh_steelers_have_interest_in_former_giants _rb_ahmad_bradshaw/13166515

Steelers5895
03-17-2013, 09:18 PM
passing league my friend. get with the times. its not run run run and play defense and win. there are also 2-3 exclusive rbs, otherwise its all RBBC (Running back by committee). no team, especially one strapped for cash will spend it on a running back when 90% of the league can find a top rb in any round. just because we cant doesnt mean it cant be done.

and use your head, when was the last time the steelers spent on a big name in free agency? better chance of hitting on a mid round rb then the steelers paying for a FA

Fire Haley
03-17-2013, 11:09 PM
I actually like this idea - a proven runner that can bust the big one.

If we're lucky, all his injuries and latest foot surgery will scare away teams enough for us to sign him to a cheap contract.

tanda10506
03-18-2013, 04:38 AM
passing league my friend. get with the times.

Yeah it's supposed to be all about offensive passing, but even with the emphasis on that, a good amount of the teams that have been deep in the playoffs relied heavily on a run game and defense. The 49ers are a perfect example. 2 years in a row they got really close to a championship with inexperienced QB's, simply by Frank Gore and a young and bad ass defense. Yardage is yardage and TD's are TD's, doesn't matter how the ball gets there. No doubt we can't have a 3.5 yard average in today's league, but good rushing teams do much better then that, your probably just too used to seeing our terrible run game the last couple of years.

Fire Haley
03-18-2013, 07:54 AM
He'd be a good starter and not another fatback

stop stealing my stuff

CrickRat23
03-18-2013, 01:31 PM
I would not mind taking a chance on Bradshaw, especially if they could get him at a decent price. Injuries are a concern though. Bradshaw comes from a winning organization and I think he could contribute here.

steelfury02
03-18-2013, 01:45 PM
since Willie P, we don't seem to have a knack for finding RBs like we do WRs. Last season almost seemed like a test of what they liked, didn't like (and experienced a whole lot of the latter)

there seems to be no focus on getting the RB to the perimeter but I could be wrong and Willie P could have just had better lines (I'm esp thinking 05) - hopefully this new line will finally have a chance to improve - I'm sure that would make any back look good and make a team at least respect it enough

regarding the passing league v. focusing on a RB

the thing is - you want both and you especially want the threat of a RB that can score from 10 yards out at any given time or break off the big one. I think the Steelers heads have been in the right place with getting O-linemen, and this was SUPPOSED to be the first year that it started to pay off

I wouldn't break the bank for a RB - but, we need a guy that wants to be a Steeler and is DECISIVE. I want us to run the ball enough so teams respect it and it opens things up. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is calling for us to go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust. There is a lot that goes into a successful run game - you all know that - but, we need more than anything someone that isn't going to hesitate. If Mendy can get 1200 yards behind a mediocre line - we can get someone else to at least do that

here comes GoFor7 - guaranteed

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Sunday that the Pittsburgh Steelers have interest in former New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw. Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, however, reports on Monday via Twitter that the Steelers have no plans right now to bring in Bradshaw, per a team source of his.

As I pointed out in my previous post about Bradshaw, he has several medical red flags associated with him right now and is likely still recovering from his latest foot surgery. Should he ultimately wind up being signed by the Steelers, I would be shocked if it was for much more than the minimum.

The Steelers are expected to draft a running back at some point in the upcoming draft and adding an unhealthy Bradshaw at this point in time certainly doesn't make much sense.

Like I posted this morning, it is not uncommon to see teams reported as having interest in free agents during this time of the year. How often that is truly the case, however, is anyone's guess.

In other words, don't believe everything that you read.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/report-steelers-have-no-plans-to-bring-in-free-agent-rb-ahmad-bradshaw/

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I still believe and hope the right decision is to draft a rb before round 4. Bell, ball, Ellington.

tanda10506
03-18-2013, 07:20 PM
I still believe and hope the right decision is to draft a rb before round 4. Bell, ball, Ellington.

I agree, but with the need for young and talented players at so many positions, it may not work out. I hope it does, but either way, Bradshaw would be a good signing for 1 year if the price was right. A rookie isn't going to shoulder the load in Pittsburgh, that's not this teams style nor does it happen often in the NFL, so a hard working RB like Bradshaw would really help our running game. If we end up not drafting a good RB then the combo of Bradshaw/Redman should be enough to provide a consistently "good" running game.

JPPT1974
03-18-2013, 07:26 PM
He has missed seven games due to his injuries. But could help out in the long run. Which is the key!

The_Joker
03-18-2013, 07:42 PM
I want Beanie, Ahmed or Lacy.

desertsteel
03-18-2013, 07:42 PM

In other words, don't believe everything that you read.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/report-steelers-have-no-plans-to-bring-in-free-agent-rb-ahmad-bradshaw/

Right before you post a link for us to go read.

The_Joker
03-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Remember folks, he has 2 rings for a reason.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Right before you post a link for us to go read.

That's part of the article.

desertsteel
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
That's part of the article.

Exactly :)

Rabbit
03-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Steelers expect to host RB Ahmad Bradshaw for a visit this week, Will explore his health/medicals

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/316719823025487872

SteelCurtain5643
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Please get this done

austinfrench76
03-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Isn't part of the problem that the Steelers don't have much money until June? I agree, I hope they get this done but I wonder if he'll be on the market until then. Although I did hear that he wanted to "take the process slow". So, maybe??!!

Hawaii 5-0
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Steelers expect to host RB Ahmad Bradshaw for a visit this week, Will explore his health/medicals

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/316719823025487872

Ryan Clark was on NFLN the other day and they asked him if there was just one FA the Steelers could sign who would it be and he answered "Ahmad Bradshaw".

OX1947
03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Would rather look for an Alfred Morris in the draft.

kan_t
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
They could do both.

OX1947
03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
They could do both.

Ahmed wants full time carries. He isnt a full time running back.

Hawaii 5-0
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM

a guy like Marcus Lattimore who may miss part or all of next season would still make a lot of sense.

kan_t
03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
He wants full time carries. Doesn't mean that he would get all those carries.

SteelersCanada
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM

Ahmed and Ahmad are two very different names. I don't wanna be a dick, but I think he's actually been upset when people spell it Ahmed - just saying.

Anyway, we don't know that he isn't a full time RB yet. He's played at least 14 games four times out of his six career years and over 1000 yards when he was given significant carries in those years. He also had over a 4.0 YPC average in both of those years and had a combined 14 TDs in those years. He can be a franchise back when given the opportunity and stays healthy.

Hawaii 5-0
03-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Ahmed and Ahmad are two very different names.

this is Ahmed...

http://www.crimelife.com/terrorists/mugshots/ahmed_ibrahim_bilal.jpg

harrison'samonster
03-26-2013, 10:13 PM
this is Ahmed...

http://www.crimelife.com/terrorists/mugshots/ahmed_ibrahim_bilal.jpg

didn't he play for the Bengals a few years ago?

JPPT1974
03-26-2013, 10:20 PM
didn't he play for the Bengals a few years ago?

Looks more like a mugshot of Ahmad than a regular pic of him!

Rabbit
03-26-2013, 10:22 PM

It would be great if you could just find guys like Alfred Morris growing on trees, but it's not like every draft has a running back who turns out to be a diamond in the rough. This crop of halfbacks in particular is a bit weak past the fourth round. There's a lot of guys long on potential but short on production who will probably be pushed up due to the lack of depth in this class.

a guy like Marcus Lattimore who may miss part or all of next season would still make a lot of sense.

Unfortunately, where we stand now, we simply can't afford / aren't in the position to draft a guy who may never be the same again. It's a great story and I hope he has a good career, but we need someone who is definitely healthy and able to produce without questions of when and if they'll ever play again. Then again, that's for our medical staff and scouts to decide. Personally, I'd rather go for a productive small school guy like Miguel Maysonet or Kerwynn Williams in the middle rounds instead of rolling the dice on a question mark.

kan_t
03-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately, where we stand now, we simply can't afford / aren't in the position to draft a guy who may never be the same again. It's a great story and I hope he has a good career, but we need someone who is definitely healthy and able to produce without questions of when and if they'll ever play again. Then again, that's for our medical staff and scouts to decide. Personally, I'd rather go for a productive small school guy like Miguel Maysonet or Kerwynn Williams in the middle rounds instead of rolling the dice on a question mark.
If they get Ahmad Bradshaw, Marcus Lattimore is the pick the Steelers should go. They don't need to rush Lattimore back and the upside is huge.

Rabbit
03-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Again, I don't see the "huge" upside with Lattimore. It could turn out to be a wasted pick. Yeah, he was a great running back, but will he be the same again? We just can't bank on that from where we sit as fans without access to the medical evaluations the team has. I do understand that he's getting hyped by fans of every team as a "we should definitely draft this guy in the middle rounds" pick, but that's mostly because everyone (myself included) is rooting for the player and his story. Sometimes you have to separate emotion from logic and pick someone who has good talent over someone who had great talent.

desertsteel
03-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Again, I don't see the "huge" upside with Lattimore. It could turn out to be a wasted pick. Yeah, he was a great running back, but will he be the same again? We just can't bank on that from where we sit as fans without access to the medical evaluations the team has. I do understand that he's getting hyped by fans of every team as a "we should definitely draft this guy in the middle rounds" pick, but that's mostly because everyone (myself included) is rooting for the player and his story. Sometimes you have to separate emotion from logic and pick someone who has good talent over someone who had great talent.

You can't bank on anything in the NFL Draft.

SteelersCanada
03-26-2013, 10:36 PM

The huge upside is he was the best Running Back in the country and it wasn't even close. A third / fourth round pick on him is a low risk, high reward move that needs to be taken if he's on the board.

We're gambling, you're right. However, if we have someone like Bradshaw to take the initial pressure off and can let Lattimore heal correctly and with the Steelers' people, there's no reason to doubt his ability to bounce back and return to his old form.

Welcome to the board, too.

OX1947
03-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Ahmed and Ahmad are two very different names. I don't wanna be a dick, but I think he's actually been upset when people spell it Ahmed - just saying.

Anyway, we don't know that he isn't a full time RB yet. He's played at least 14 games four times out of his six career years and over 1000 yards when he was given significant carries in those years. He also had over a 4.0 YPC average in both of those years and had a combined 14 TDs in those years. He can be a franchise back when given the opportunity and stays healthy.

I dont give a shit how you spell his name.

Rabbit
03-26-2013, 10:43 PM
You can't bank on anything in the NFL Draft.

Oh, trust me, I absolutely agree. But the odds are stacked against the risk, in this case. There's no such thing as a "sure thing", but the farther you get from it, the more hesitant I would be to pull the trigger. The injury is just too much of a red flag in my mind. Sure, we've had a fair share of recovery stories and comebacks, but at a position like running back where you're more susceptible to injury than anyone else and you've already suffered two major knee injuries... it's just something I wouldn't do.

The huge upside is he was the best Running Back in the country and it wasn't even close. A third / fourth round pick on him is a low risk, high reward move that needs to be taken if he's on the board.

We're gambling, you're right. However, if we have someone like Bradshaw to take the initial pressure off and can let Lattimore heal correctly and with the Steelers' people, there's no reason to doubt his ability to bounce back and return to his old form.

Welcome to the board, too.

The problem was that though he was definitely on pace to be the first back off the board in this class, I never saw Lattimore as a revolutionary talent in the same mold as Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, etc.

Appreciate the welcome. Draft season is my favorite part of the year and I like to get into discussions one way or another. Hopefully I'm not grating on anyone's nerves, but I play devil's advocate a lot if a certain opinion becomes commonplace. The draft is full of great prospects, nobody should get their heart set on a guy and get tunnel vision.

SteelersCanada
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
I dont give a shit how you spell his name.

Ok, simmer down, but it's like spelling OX1947 PZ1497. That's all.

The problem was that though he was definitely on pace to be the first back off the board in this class, I never saw Lattimore as a revolutionary talent in the same mold as Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, etc.

Appreciate the welcome. Draft season is my favorite part of the year and I like to get into discussions one way or another. Hopefully I'm not grating on anyone's nerves, but I play devil's advocate a lot if a certain opinion becomes commonplace. The draft is full of great prospects, nobody should get their heart set on a guy and get tunnel vision.

I think what made Lattimore so intriguing was he had qualities that guys like AD, Rich and Forte share. He's a prospect that will have an impact in the NFL but it's unclear what that impact really is. If he returns to form, I do see a revolutionary 'Back for a team. He possesses the talent and quality to be but that ACL, PCL and LCL injury might hold him back from living up to his potential.

If you like draft season, you're on the right forum. We love talking about prospects and etc. and no, you aren't getting on anyone's nerves, don't worry about it. Debating the potential of prospects makes for one of the more lively conversations on here.

:drink:

OX1947
03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Ok, simmer down, but it's like spelling OX1947 PZ1497. That's all.

I think what made Lattimore so intriguing was he had qualities that guys like AD, Rich and Forte share. He's a prospect that will have an impact in the NFL but it's unclear what that impact really is. If he returns to form, I do see a revolutionary 'Back for a team. He possesses the talent and quality to be but that ACL, PCL and LCL injury might hold him back from living up to his potential.

If you like draft season, you're on the right forum. We love talking about prospects and etc. and no, you aren't getting on anyone's nerves, don't worry about it. Debating the potential of prospects makes for one of the more lively conversations on here.

:drink:

Everything you just wrote is wrong. All of it.

SteelersCanada
03-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Everything you just wrote is wrong. All of it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg

Rabbit
03-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Maybe I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger on him after what happened to Sean Spence and seemingly every member of our offensive line this season. I feel like our training staff's solution to helping Lattimore rehab would be bashing his knee with an oversized wooden mallet and starving him for six days a week.

SteelersCanada
03-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Nick Kelly ‏@NicktheSteelman 24 Mar

Lets start a new trend to try and get @AhmadBradshaw on the @steelers ! #44toBlackandGold @AntonioBrown84 lets get it trending!

Retweeted by Ahmad Bradshaw

James Robinson ‏@jumzrobinson 25 Mar

@Steelers, yo here's his Twitter, @AhmadBradshaw send the guy a DM or something, gawt damn I gotta do everything for ya'll or what???

Retweeted by Ahmad Bradshaw

Retweeted by Bradshaw a few hours ago. Do you guys think he wants to come and play here or what?

Hawaii 5-0
03-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Steelers expect to host Ahmad Bradshaw for visit this week

March 26, 2013

The Steelers, who have hosted free-agent running back Beanie Wells already but are unlikely to sign him, expect to have Ahmad Bradhsaw visit this week, though the meeting would be largely to get a handle on his medical situation.

The former Giants standout, with a lingering foot injury, may not be ready to play until deep into the offseason, and the Steelers have some interest, sources said, though there is no rush to sign him right now. Pittsburgh lost former starting back Rashard Mendenhall to Arizona in free agency and is looking for reinforcements to complement Jonathan Dwyer, who re-signed there.

The Steelers will host free-agent defensive back James Sanders, a former Cardinal, this week as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21953819/steelers-expect-to-host-bradshaw-for-visit-this-week

desertsteel
03-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Just heard that the visit will be Thursday.

OX1947
03-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Yah, I visted Pittsburgh too, and left without a contract just like AHMAD will.

Hawaii 5-0
03-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Ahmad Bradshaw will visit the Steelers on Wednesday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2013

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/bradshaw.jpg?w=218

Another Bradshaw could be coming to Pittsburgh.

Thirty years after Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw retired, free-agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw will be visiting the Steelers on Wednesday, per a league source with knowledge of the situation.

It’ll be the first visit for the former Giants tailback, who was cut before the start of free agency. He had delayed taking visits while rehabbing after foot surgery.

A seventh-round pick from Marshall in 2007, had 1,015 rushing yards in 14 games last season. His career high of 1,235 came in 2010.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/ahmad-bradshaw-will-visit-the-steelers-on-wednesday/

Galax Steeler
03-27-2013, 03:20 AM
I have to say bring him on in he would be a huge boost for our running game. I still say we have to get one in the draft as well.

desertsteel
03-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Yah, I visted Pittsburgh too, and left without a contract
I'm sure that was a great loss for the team.

ebsteelers
03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
I think Bradshaw could be a good, low price signing.

He wont have the pressure here to come and be the focal point of the backfield.
Less carries and rotation between the 3 of them should help him stay healthy.

Anyone expecting anything from Baron Batch this year?

desertsteel
03-27-2013, 10:27 AM
I think Bradshaw could be a good, low price signing.

He wont have the pressure here to come and be the focal point of the backfield.
Less carries and rotation between the 3 of them should help him stay healthy.

Anyone expecting anything from Baron Batch this year?

If Bradshaw signs and is healthy, I don't want to see him getting equal carries with those two backups. I've watched him play from college to NFL and he can be the man.

OX1947
03-27-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm sure that was a great loss for the team.

You got some mouth on you.

ebsteelers
03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
If Bradshaw signs and is healthy, I don't want to see him getting equal carries with those two backups. I've watched him play from college to NFL and he can be the man.

agreed but health is always a concern.. i think a lighter load could make him more effective, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

steelfury02
03-27-2013, 11:49 AM
agreed but health is always a concern.. i think a lighter load could make him more effective, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I understand what you're saying but what I don't want is a stable - we need a guy to get into a rhythm. Now, if someone wants to be a third down back and truly excel at that - by all means, make it so . . .

Just no more huffing and puffing after running 2 times in a row - and frankly, I don't want to see that happen unless we are successfully running it down someones throat time and time again.

It is ok to pass, run pass

BlaZeQuietly
03-27-2013, 12:04 PM
give it up we arent signing anybody good

BlaZeQuietly
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154182/article/ahmad-bradshaw-pittsburgh-steelers-to-meet-soon

or maybe we will

BlaZeQuietly
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
now im excited! id love to h ave bradshaw/ dwyer, think about it, now thats a good running attack if we patch out line up, this could be what weve been waiting foor, we finnaly sign a big name, hes good to! hopefully he stays healthy, I think were gonna get him

nfl.com:

STEELERS: Giants free-agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw is scheduled to visit the Steelers on Wednesday, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Bradshaw, 27, has been waiting to take a physical with teams because he had surgery to replace a screw in his right foot in late January. He told ESPN Radio that the Packers and Jets are also interested in him. The Steelers can't offer much because they're $2.5 million under the salary cap, but running backs are generally among the cheapest positions in free agency.

SteelersCanada
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Bradshaw and Dwyer are very similar 'Backs. We need a change of pace type back like what Houston runs with Foster and Tate. Getting two bruiser 'Backs isn't the answer.

CrickRat23
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I would welcome Bradshaw with open arms. I think he could help this offense out. But I also hope the Steelers draft a decent back this year. I am just not sold on Dwyer carrying the load again next season.

Hawaii 5-0
03-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Ed: A Healthy Bradshaw a Perfect Fit

WEDNESDAY, 27 MARCH 2013 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Good morning,

Would you trade Rashard Mendenhall for Ahmad Bradshaw?

Bradshaw will pay a visit to the Steelers on Thursday, according to reports by both CBS and the NFL. The Steelers have been rumored to be interested in him for several weeks and Bradshaw identified them last weekend among three teams that have shown an interest in him.

The one thing that has prevented Bradshaw from perhaps being a hotter commodity has been his offseason foot surgery. He fought through that right foot injury that has bothered him over the past two seasons to rush for 1,015 yards last season with a 4.6-yard average per carry, the same as his career average.

The Giants drafted him in the seventh round from Marshall in 2007 after he ran for 1,523 yards for the Herd as a junior. He had early fumbling problems in New York but after he led the Giants with 1,235 yards rushing in 2010, they signed him to a four-year, $18 million contract with half of that guaranteed.

However, the Giants drafted David Wilson of Virginia Tech in the first round last year and the writing was on the chalkboard for Bradshaw. They released him Feb. 6, supposedly to clear salary cap space (so they could sign Ryan Mundy?).

Bradshaw is not a huge back – at 5-10, 215 he’s not as big as Mendenhall – but he gives a big effort. He clearly would be No. 1 with the Steelers, something Bradshaw desires.

“There’s a lot of teams out there that need running backs,’’ he told ESPN radio last weekend. “I want to go to a team [where] I can be the No. 1 back, get multiple carries every game. I just want to be able to help and be a big part of it.’’

Bradshaw had a screw inserted in his right foot late in January that reportedly would require a 10-week recovery, and we are about eight weeks out now. While the Steelers will give him a physical, they may not work him out because it’s still a little early for that after the surgery. He only removed his walking boot last week.

His injury status should hold his money demands down and it’s possible he would want a one-year contract so he can prove in 2013 that he is healthy and back to the kind of form that he was in 2010, before the first of his injuries to his foot in 2011.

The Packers reportedly also want Bradshaw to pay them a visit.

The Steelers have roughly $2 million left under the cap, so they don’t have a lot of maneuverability. However, they can change that in a hurry by reworking another contract, extending someone or releasing someone.

Players such as Bradshaw – and maybe even Victor Butler, since he is still on his worldwide tour and has not signed with a team yet – likely are another reason the Steelers have closed the door to James Harrison.

They need his cap room elsewhere.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/120469-ed-a-healthy-bradshaw-a-perfect-fit

ETL
03-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I would prefer to find a back in the draft than pay for Bradshaw. But if the price is right there is no reason not to have a veteran RB

MeanGee2047
03-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Worried about injuries with this guy...

Hawaii 5-0
03-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Worried about injuries with this guy...

that's why he's still available, otherwise he would have been a very high-priced hot commodity.

BlaZeQuietly
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
The draft IS full of talented backs that could replace Rainey or that are like Bradshaw without the mileage and injuries. However it might be smart to pick him up and then we would have to just patch up some other stuff with the draft like out O line for example.

SteelersCanada
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have updates on how their meeting went / is going? I haven't seen anything yet.

OX1947
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
This team has enough injured players.

Bane
03-28-2013, 01:59 PM
From Aditi Kinkhabwala's Twitter:

"Told Steelers brass would really like to sign RB Ahmad Bradshaw. Can say this: one of the toughest players I've been around
4:04 PM - 28 Mar 13"

www.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala#!/AKinkhabwala/status/317306199135641600

tanda10506
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
I would prefer to find a back in the draft than pay for Bradshaw. But if the price is right there is no reason not to have a veteran RB

Exactly, we need both. A veteran can't shoulder the load right away and I don't think Dwyer can unless the O line really steps up. Get Bradshaw if the price is right and draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Buddha Bus
03-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw could work on deal with Steelers
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: March 28, 2013 at 04:06 p.m.

The moment of truth has arrived for Ahmad Bradshaw.

NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported that Bradshaw is getting a physical from Pittsburgh Steelers doctors on Thursday. If everything checks out -- which is no certainty -- Pittsburgh will make an attempt to sign the free-agent running back, according to a source apprised of the visit.

Bradshaw was a productive player during his six-year run with the New York Giants, but durability concerns make him a risky play for teams looking for backfield stability. Coming off his latest foot surgery, Bradshaw opted not to meet with teams during the early part of free agency.

Bradshaw, 27, has undergone three known surgeries on his right foot, as well as procedures on his left foot and both ankles.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154964/article/ahmad-bradshaw-could-work-on-deal-with-steelers

CrickRat23
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
I hope they get this done. If his foot checks out OK.

vasteeler
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
i just hope he dosent turn out to be another one of these
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg

Buddha Bus
03-28-2013, 03:26 PM
i just hope he dosent turn out to be another one of these
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg

Don't shit all over my false hopes already, VA! :chuckle:

CrickRat23
03-28-2013, 03:28 PM
If my memory serves me right, Duce was leading the league in rushing that year until somebody punched him in the thigh on the bottom of a pile.

Steel_Bus_24
03-28-2013, 04:12 PM
All the injuries over the recent years has me more hesitant to take guys with a lengthy medical sheet

Even though I like what Bradshaw brings when he is healthy, At this point Id probably rather have a HB from the Draft

desertsteel
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
If my memory serves me right, Duce was leading the league in rushing that year until somebody punched him in the thigh on the bottom of a pile.

First 8 games he was a pure BEAST! Nothing after that... :(

SteelCurtain5643
03-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I said it before Ill say it again, Please GET THIS DONE, this would be a great signing if he checks out well

pete74
03-28-2013, 05:04 PM
I think we will sign him today or tomorrow but in scared because he always seems to be injured. He is really good and tough but he's also always hurt

Buddha Bus
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
I think we will sign him today or tomorrow but in scared because he always seems to be injured. He is really good and tough but he's also always hurt

That's the story of the Steelers running game the past couple of seasons. At least we know what to expect. I just hope somebody can stay consistently healthy all season.

StainlessStill
03-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Talks on the radio that deal is being finalized and the signing could be announced as soon as tomorrow. Keep posted. If true and if this dude is healthy, this is the attitude we've been looking for quite some time. This guy runs hard and will be on a mission. On the cheap as well. Can't beat this type of value. Let Bradshaw carry the load with a nice 2-back punch with Dwyer/Redman (whoever) and groom the inevitable 3rd-4th drafted RB in this years draft to learn the ropes.

jtbsteeler
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Duce did nice work for us those first 8 games. With Redman, Dwyer and a speed back draft choice we'll be in better shape if Bradshaw goes down like Duce did.

Bane
03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
We should give him the jersey number 21. That'll really mess with people.

StainlessStill
03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
If I can remember correctly, 2004, Bens rookie year, AFC Divisional Round against the Jets were Doug Brien missed those 2 FG's (fuckin WILD) Deuce was an absolute MONSTER on that last drive, carrying the load rep after rep after rep, picking up first down after first down to put us in FG range for the win. That game was a heart-attack but a definite classic. Staley worked his ass off that game. I liked Deuce for his services just for that game alone.

StainlessStill
03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/17807_465922266810575_939239958_n.jpg

AB & AB, outside Stillers practice facility.

OX1947
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
I'd say from that pic, Steelers found thier #1 RB for 2013.

PhantomJB93
03-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh, we might sign Ahmad Bradshaw today? I'm sorry, I can't hear him over the sound of JAROME FUCKING IGINLA

SteelersCanada
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
What concerns me is that he has a boot on in that picture.

Bane
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM

Probably because during his physical he was asked to put his foot up a Ravens defender's ass. They needed to see if he could do it at least twice a year.

teegre
03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Probably because during his physical he was asked to put his foot up a Ravens defender's ass. They needed to see if he could do it at least twice a year.

Nice. :applaudit:

zcoop
03-28-2013, 06:14 PM
That's the story of the Steelers running game the past couple of seasons. At least we know what to expect. I just hope somebody can stay consistently healthy all season.

Most of the time you get what you pay for and that has been our story. We get mediocre backs and expect them to be like the top shelf, top paid backs in the league. That shit ain't gonna happen.

pete74
03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Most of the time you get what you pay for and that has been our story. We get mediocre backs and expect them to be like the top shelf, top paid backs in the league. That shit ain't gonna happen.

With who? Mendenhall was a first round pick. Dwyer was called the steal of the draft and everyone was calling for Redman to play more for years

vasteeler
03-28-2013, 06:29 PM

i was thinking the same thing

zcoop
03-28-2013, 06:29 PM
With who? Mendenhall was a first round pick. Dwyer was called the steal of the draft and everyone was calling for Redman to play more for years

Is Mendenhall still with the team? No. Dwyer is ok but I don't consider him to be a star back. The verdict is still out on Redmon.

pete74
03-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Is Mendenhall still with the team? No. Dwyer is ok but I don't consider him to be a star back. The verdict is still out on Redmon.

You said we get mediocre backs so I was just referring to that. I think our lineis the pproblem

zcoop
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
You said we get mediocre backs so I was just referring to that. I think our lineis the pproblem

When was the last time we had a real stud in the back field?

kent
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Oh, we might sign Ahmad Bradshaw today? I'm sorry, I can't hear him over the sound of JAROME FUCKING IGINLA

Hell yeah, Pens winning the cup this year.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Things that need to happen

Bradshaw sign, Bradshaw stay healthy, draft vaccaro/Elam, draft woods/Hopkins, Worilds shows promise in camp, and I'm feeling a lot better about this upcoming season:tt04:

harrison'samonster
03-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Things that need to happen

Bradshaw sign, Bradshaw stay healthy, draft vaccaro/Elam, draft woods/Hopkins, Worilds shows promise in camp, and I'm feeling a lot better about this upcoming season:tt04:

if our Running game and O-line is working, with Woodley and Worilds applying pressure on D, I think we'll do pretty good.

I like Bradshaw, but he is a question mark due to health at this point. He is a hard runner. People have mentioned they would have liked Brandon Jacobs -- I don't watch a lot of Giants games but whenever I do see them Bradshaw seemed like the harder runner to me.

desertsteel
03-28-2013, 07:15 PM
if our Running game and O-line is working, with Woodley and Worilds applying pressure on D, I think we'll do pretty good.

I like Bradshaw, but he is a question mark due to health at this point. He is a hard runner. People have mentioned they would have liked Brandon Jacobs -- I don't watch a lot of Giants games but whenever I do see them Bradshaw seemed like the harder runner to me.

Bradshaw > Jacobs.

And those who point out Bradshaw's injury are nominees for Captain Obvious. We all, including the Steelers, know that he has a foot injury. That's why the Steelers' doctors are checking him out. Do any of you think that we would be in running for AB if it wasn't for the injury?! It's a small investment but if it pays off it will bring big rewards.

I give Bradshaw's foot a better chance than Woodley's hamstring next year.

Rabbit
03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
A good friend of mine is a Giants fan, and from what I understand Bradshaw's foot has been a constant issue for the past few years. He's already had five surgeries on it and each time they basically put a larger screw in it. He's able to play pretty well through it, but his practice reps are always severely limited. He'll never be 100% healthy as a runner, but given what's currently on the roster, he's certainly worth a look.

Rabbit
03-28-2013, 07:41 PM
per Rotoworld

Free agent Ahmad Bradshaw left his visit with the Steelers without a contract.

"Steelers are keeping the lines of communication with him open," reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. Bradshaw underwent a physical on Thursday afternoon, and Pittsburgh was expected to push hard to sign him. They may have seen something they didn't like, or Bradshaw might want to see what else is out there. The Packers were linked to the 27-year-old a week and a half ago.

SteelCurtain5643
03-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Fuck. Get it done Colbert come fucking on

OX1947
03-28-2013, 08:51 PM
per Rotoworld

Free agent Ahmad Bradshaw left his visit with the Steelers without a contract.

"Steelers are keeping the lines of communication with him open," reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. Bradshaw underwent a physical on Thursday afternoon, and Pittsburgh was expected to push hard to sign him. They may have seen something they didn't like, or Bradshaw might want to see what else is out there. The Packers were linked to the 27-year-old a week and a half ago.

hahahahahah, maybe they should just not operate until the draft.

steelersfan299
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Hopefully he left Pittsburgh not because of us not being able to pull him in, but because of his injury issues. I want this guy on our roster, we really need him.

Hawaii 5-0
03-29-2013, 01:41 AM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet:

Ahmad Bradshaw left #Steelers with no deal. This was a visit to check him out physically. They remain very interested & will keep in touch.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317426811686506496

Terminator
03-29-2013, 05:49 AM
So basically, Pittsburgh will call him again if they can't draft anyone worth a crap. Got it.

SteelersCanada
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
So basically, Pittsburgh will call him again if they can't draft anyone worth a crap. Got it.

Or when he doesn't have to walk around with a boot on.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 15m

RB Ahmad Bradshaw will be visiting Steelers again in a few weeks to check on rehab progress from foot injury. Pittsburgh still interested.

My best guess is they want him, but something went wrong with his physical.

desertsteel
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet:

Ahmad Bradshaw left #Steelers with no deal. This was a visit to check him out physically. They remain very interested & will keep in touch.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317426811686506496

In the meantime, the Packers will sign him and he will run for 1200 yards this season.

I know that we usually aren't players in free agency, but I think that someone needs to give KC a call and explain to him how this whole signing process works :banging:

austinfrench76
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Isn't it a problem that we don't get that Colon cap space until June. We only have a few million under the cap so I think, if he doesn't sign with someone else, we sign him in early June. Just a thought.

Buddha Bus
03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Or when he doesn't have to walk around with a boot on.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 15m

RB Ahmad Bradshaw will be visiting Steelers again in a few weeks to check on rehab progress from foot injury. Pittsburgh still interested.

My best guess is they want him, but something went wrong with his physical.

This makes sense. It's doubtful any other teams are willing to sign a guy still walking around in a boot. A smart organization (* see Pittsburgh Steelers) will want to get a better evaluation of the injury/health of the player in a situation like that before committing a chunk of cash to him, especially one as cash strapped as the Steelers are right now with the cap. They'd look really foolish if they signed him and ate up the rest of their cap space and it turned out he had some sort of complication that prevented him from playing for the first 6 weeks of the season or more.

SoCalFan
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
I hope he heals up well! The dude is a giant and would look awesome in a Steelers uniform! (Especially that concept!!!)

wwhickok
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm really hoping he is okay because I think he'd be great for our running game.

Buddha Bus
03-29-2013, 11:17 AM
I hope he heals up well! The dude is a giant and would look awesome in a Steelers uniform! (Especially that concept!!!)

Actually... the dude is a former Giant. :wink02: :chuckle:

Millers the sh!t
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about Bradshaw. He seems like he had an attitude and seems selfish a bit too.... That rd run in the superbowl what tipped.me.over the edge of not liking him that much. He knew Damn well he wasn't supposed to score and his attempt to stop looked a bit contrived to me. He also takes it to the outside ob a lot of plays that he should be running up the gut. I think that'll hurt us and him if he don't change his ways a bit. At the same time I think that having a fiery attitude may help the offense and our oline to produce a little better and give is a little more mental and physical toughness. The injured club foot worries me too but he's shown a lot of heart and played through the Injury for a while. Not sure if he knew that a better back was in town and feared losing his job. Let's hope that drive doesn't disapeer if he becomes our number 1. Having said that more of me hopes we test the waters with Bradshaw and it works out in both parties favor.

Here's to a new physical run game that defenses, Haley and Roethelisberger must respect in 2013 gentlemen.

Clink......

desertsteel
03-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Isn't it a problem that we don't get that Colon cap space until June. We only have a few million under the cap so I think, if he doesn't sign with someone else, we sign him in early June. Just a thought.
Yeah the problem is that IMPACT players aren't hanging around in June :mad:

IMO, this was a chance to beat the system and get one in a scratch and dent sale.

desertsteel
03-29-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about Bradshaw. He seems like he had an attitude and seems selfish a bit too....

That's not what Coughlin says about him and they don't get anymore oldschool that Coughlin.

Millers the sh!t
03-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I hope you and Coughlin are correct. I don't know too much about the giants and or Bradshaw, but it was just my gut feeling about him. Just a few things I've seen here.and there that rub me the wrong way. Let's hope it works in our favor. Enough of this off-season waiting game. Let's get to the draft and preseason action for Christ sakes...

desertsteel
03-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I hope you and Coughlin are correct. I don't know too much about the giants and or Bradshaw, but it was just my gut feeling about him. Just a few things I've seen here.and there that rub me the wrong way. Let's hope it works in our favor. Enough of this off-season waiting game. Let's get to the draft and preseason action for Christ sakes...

He played college ball in my hometown and he's always been liked by his coaches. He does, however, have what they refer to in offensive lineman as a "nasty streak." But you can see that by the way he runs with conviction for a smaller back. Coaches like that. So do I.

Hawaii 5-0
03-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Back to the drawing board: running back Ahmad Bradshaw doesn’t pass physical, Steelers will continue search

Submitted by 60 Max Power O Staff on March 29, 2013

http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/images_804.jpg

Running back Ahmad Bradshaw left Pittsburgh without a deal as the Steelers want to re-evaluate his foot in a few weeks.

Bradshaw’s chronic foot injuries are well noted and obviously haven’t healed full as of yet.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburg Post-Gazette, the former Giant is still recovering from surgery on his foot which prevented the team from signing him. Bouchette writes:

‘Bradshaw, who is recovering from surgery on a broken right foot that has pestered him for the past two seasons, underwent a physical.

Despite his foot problem, Bradshaw, 27, rushed for 1,015 yards in 2012 with a 4.6-yard average per carry for the New York Giants.’

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/back_to_the_drawing_board_running_back_ahmad_brads haw_doesnt_pass_physical_expected_to_return_in_a_f ew_weeks/13264591

CrickRat23
03-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Damn !!!

OX1947
03-29-2013, 03:49 PM
That's not what Coughlin says about him and they don't get anymore oldschool that Coughlin.

I think you are confusing Bradshaw with Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs was the guy with the attitude problem. Saying shit like "I dont care, Im gonna go get my new car" (paraphrasing) and shit like that.

Steelers5895
03-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Not a big fan of the move. I like Bradshaw a lot and he will bring an attitude to the offense. For 8-10
Games

SteelersCanada
03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Polamalu would like to see Steelers sign former Giants RB Bradshaw

By ANTHONY SULLA-HEFFINGER

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu would welcome Ahmad Bradshaw if his team signs the former Giants running back.

According to reports that surfaced earlier this week, the Steelers brought in Bradshaw for a physical and he left Pittsburgh without a contract. The Steelers want to see Bradshaw again in a few weeks to gauge his progress after another offseason foot surgery.

“Any talent and any veteran leadership and experience that you bring from other teams will automatically make us better,” Polamalu told The Post while promoting Head and Shoulder’s newest charity campaign “Whiff-a-thon.”

Like Polamalu, Bradshaw has two Super Bowl rings and would bolster a Steelers rushing attack that was just 26th in the NFL with 1,537 yards. The Steelers released Rashard Mendenhall this offseason after he was ineffective coming off of an ACL tear.

“You learn how people do things differently, how people prepare for games differently,” Polamalu said. “That’s one thing that always goes unmeasured by veterans that come in. They’re able to convey to you what they did because this is how they wanted to attack you. You become more aware of how people view you from the outside.”

Polamalu, who played in seven games in 2012, will be leaned upon even more this season with the departure of former All-Pro linebacker James Harrison.

“I’m doing well, thank God,” Polamalu said. “I’ve been rehabbing. [Harrison’s] departure is going to have a great impact. Whether it’s good or bad, only time will tell. He was obviously a tremendous talent in my opinion and one of the best defensive players in the NFL. He commands a lot of respect from offenses."

Over his ten seasons in the NFL, Polamalu has picked off 30 passes as well as developing a reputation as one of the hardest-hitting safeties in the league.

With the NFL implementing new rules this year that will not allow players on either side of the ball to lead with their helmet, Polamalu will have to learn to adjust.

“I have a general understanding of the rule,” Polamalu said. “I think it is going to be tough in two situations. Whether it is called or not called and if it’s a personal foul, are you going to start fining players.”

The former All-Pro fears that the game may lose its identity.

“My opinion is that you can only take so much from the game before it starts to become a different sport,” Polamalu said. “Football is very physical in nature, it commands a lot of respect, a lot of fear. The more and more you take away from the game the less you have the game we fell in love with.

“This game is not for everybody,” Polamalu said.

Polamalu is participating in Head and Shoulders’ “Whiff-a-thon” campaign where for every strikeout thrown during the baseball season, the company will donate $1 to RBI.

“I hate having to make money off of the misfortune of others,” Polamalu said. “It’s unfortunate all of these people have to strike out but money has to be made somehow.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/polamalu_would_like_bradshaw_see_tT9k2LXCeqg9YNddR 9VUTJ

desertsteel
03-29-2013, 10:12 PM
I think you are confusing Bradshaw with Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs was the guy with the attitude problem. Saying shit like "I dont care, Im gonna go get my new car" (paraphrasing) and shit like that.
I'm not the one questioning Bradshaw's character. I was defending him.

The_Joker
03-30-2013, 09:42 AM
I'd like it, he's got 2 rings for a reason.

toadofsteel
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi. I'm a Giants fan, just signed up so I could post my personal thoughts having seen Bradshaw in action all these years.

Bradshaw is a very hard runner. He's the kind of guy that doesn't know the definition of the word quit. He will run and give 110% effort until he can't run anymore, and unfortunately that's how he gets injured.

He's also very versatile; he has all kinds of ridiculous moves when running to the outside (including a very sick stiff-arm), he always has power at the point of attack no matter which way he's running and always keeps his legs moving to grind out every last inch possible. He can out-power RBs that have 50 pounds and 6 inches over him. In the passing game, he's a decent receiver out of the backfield, but he's much better as a blocker (again, he plays much larger than his stature would appear to imply).

Unfortunately, as just about everyone knows, he has the foot problems. Pretty much the foot problems are directly caused by his running style, especially so if overused. If the Steelers do pick up Bradshaw, I hope, for both his sake and yours, that he gets split carries and never ends up as a featured solo back. 10-15 carries a game and he will most likely get you through a season without breaking down too much. If you ramp it up past 20 though, you're asking for trouble. It might seem counter-intuitive to pull him if he's having a great game (he posted 200 yards against the Browns last year, and then the very next game, 100 yards against the much more talented 49ers defense), but if you pick him up, that's something you're going to have to keep in mind. After that 2-game hulking-out, he didn't do much of anything for the next 4 games.

Tom Coughlin used Bradshaw way too much last season, pretty much because he had pretty much ZERO trust in David Wilson to do much of anything until week 11 (TC absolutely hates fumbles). Even after Andre Brown went down, TC wanted to bring in guys off the street and ramp up Bradshaw's snap count even more before resorting to Wilson. Unfortunately, that messed up Bradshaw's feet even more. Just something to keep in mind is all.

Hopefully my insight into this former Giant can give you guys some idea of what you're getting if you sign him...

tanda10506
04-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Damn, now we have to wait a few weeks, I was already on the edge of my seat about this one. A good veteran RB along with a RB in the draft this year will change this offense for sure. I hope he passes this next physical, we're still a long way from camp.

BlaZeQuietly
04-02-2013, 10:31 AM
I also was excited about us signing him, despite there being other good backs in the draft, if we could fix the RB position with him (dwyer and redman to lighten to load if his foot hurts) we'd be all set at the running back position and be able to fill other holes with the draft. I'll have to admit I went into panic mode when we lost all that talent but if we end up signing bradshaw at a discount, and it turns out hes healthy, I will very impressed with pittsburghs ability to build a team. Having a 1000 yard rusher again would be so great, and would really lighten to load for roethlisbeger, I'll have to admit I think we were relying on big ben a little to much last season because we knew we couldn't really get big production out of our running game. I'd love to see us sign Bradshaw. it would be the first time in a while that I can think of that we would be signing a big name free agent that hasn't already played for us.

EbonySteel86
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Outside of his talents, I love his last name! I think he'll fit here just fine!

Hawaii 5-0
04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Monday, April 01, 2013

No movement right now for Bradshaw

Running back Ahmad Bradshaw visited the Steelers last week to get checked out by team doctors now that he's out of his walking boot, which was required after the former Giants star had surgery in January to insert a screw into his foot to help heal a broken bone.

The Steelers liked what they saw of his health, but did not offer Bradshaw a contract.

That could, however, change at some point.

In fact, the Steelers are expected to meet with Bradshaw again in a couple of weeks to see how he's healing. That meeting is expected to come prior to the NFL draft.

If Bradshaw checks out OK at that time, the Steelers could make the move to sign him.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/04/no-movement-right-now-for-bradshaw.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FpROmMH+%28NFL+from +the+sidelines%29

casteeler
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
It seems the Steelers would steer clear of players with recent injuries due to the fact it pleagued this team last year. I'm really on board with drafting a feature RB instead of finding one through FA

kan_t
04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
It seems the Steelers would steer clear of players with recent injuries due to the fact it pleagued this team last year. I'm really on board with drafting a feature RB instead of finding one through FA
The Steelers can do both. Bradshaw, when healthy, is a very good RB. But in order to keep him healthy, the Steelers shouldn't give him full carries.

casteeler
04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
The Steelers can do both. Bradshaw, when healthy, is a very good RB. But in order to keep him healthy, the Steelers shouldn't give him full carries.

True, I suppose it depends on what Bradshaw wants money wise.

Rabbit
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
It seems the Steelers would steer clear of players with recent injuries due to the fact it pleagued this team last year.

By this logic, they should steer clear of drafting because of draft picks who have busted in the past.

The NFL is about talent acquisition, period. You can't predict injuries.

casteeler
04-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Some teams will pass on players that have had recent surgeries because they are afraid of reinjuring or reaggrivating an injury it seems to be logic that is used quite often

BlaZeQuietly
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I just think we have so much to fix that anything we CAN fix before the draft SHOULD be fixed before the draft so that we can spend the draft patching up holes that we were unable to fix through free agency. If we can use FA to patch up the RB position with a good running back than why not? The screw in the foot would be a concern but as mentioned earlier that's where dwyer/redman come in to lighten to load. I know what its like to have hardware installed into a bone and mine never felt 100% until the hardware was removed after the bone healed... I really doubt he'd ever be 100 percent with a screw in his foot, you can kind of always feel it from a pain perspective, whether it would slow him down however.. who knows.

Steel_Bus_24
04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
LaRod Stephens-Howling reportedly will visit Steelers

LaRod Stephens-Howling reportedly will visit Steelers

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: April 3, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.
Updated: April 3, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to look for help in their backfield. Free-agent running back LaRod Stephens-Howling will visit the team on Wednesday, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Linebacker Tavares Gooden and offensive guard Antoine Caldwell are also in town to visit.

The Steelers met with former New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw last week, but Bradshaw isn't fully healthy yet. The Steelers are expected to re-visit Bradshaw's situation in a few weeks. In the meantime, they will kick the tires on one of our favorite players still available in free agency.

Stephens-Howling is an excellent special teamer who can help on returns. He is more powerful and elusive than you'd expect for his size as a third-down back, and filled in capably when used as a starter with the Arizona Cardinals. He's a piece to the puzzle, not a potential starter.

But with only Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman on the roster, the Steelers might need a starter at some point -- that player is more likely to come from the 2013 NFL Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156979/article/larod-stephenshowling-reportedly-will-visit-steelers

ebsteelers
04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
all these vistors and everyone is just leaving with some breath mints and a doggy bag of pittsburgh treats

BlaZeQuietly
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
all these vistors and everyone is just leaving with some breath mints and a doggy bag of pittsburgh treats

Lol, seriously though I have nothing against us just signing a feature back in the draft when our only options are an injury prone back with a screw in his foot and in his 8th season, more crappy mediocre running backs or to choose from a long list of running backs in the draft. I wouldn't mind Bradshaw, but at this point signing anyone besides him through FA is just stupid, we NEED a running game this coming year and cannot afford to strike out on who we pick as our #1 back coming into 2013.

Buddha Bus
04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Ahmad Bradshaw reportedly checked out by Broncos
By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: April 5, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

The Denver Broncos aren't sitting still in the backfield.

Jeff Legwold of The Denver Post reported Friday that the Broncos will "not keep status quo" at running back with both Knowshon Moreno and Willis McGahee on the rebound from injuries.

The team took "long looks" at Ahmad Bradshaw and Shonn Greene, according to Legwold. Greene signed last month with the Tennessee Titans, but Bradshaw is in a holding pattern as suitors, led by the Pittsburgh Steelers, wait to see how his latest foot surgery pans out. The 27-year-old former New York Giants running back has undergone three known operations on his right foot, along with procedures on his left foot and both ankles.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157696/article/ahmad-bradshaw-reportedly-checked-out-by-broncos

CrickRat23
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I still hope the Steelers can sign Bradshaw. But I think they are going to screw around and he is going to sign elsewhere.

fer522
04-05-2013, 02:43 PM
I still hope the Steelers can sign Bradshaw. But I think they are going to screw around and he is going to sign elsewhere.

Don't we always do that?

STEELMANIAK
04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm I the only one who doesn't want Bradshaw? I'm tired of having old depleted injury plagued players. Not signing Bradshaw forces us to into looking for our feature back of the future.

CrickRat23
04-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm I the only one who doesn't want Bradshaw? I'm tired of having old depleted injury plagued players. Not signing Bradshaw forces us to into looking for our feature back of the future.

Just because they sign Bradshaw does not mean they cant look for a feature back in this years draft. It means that it would lighten the load for Bradshaw and the rookie if they so choose to draft a guy. I am just not sold on Dwyer or Batch as our long term guy.

Buddha Bus
04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Just because they sign Bradshaw does not mean they cant look for a feature back in this years draft. It means that it would lighten the load for Bradshaw and the rookie if they so choose to draft a guy. I am just not sold on Dwyer or Batch as our long term guy.

This. They could still draft a good RB to groom if they choose and release Batch who hasn't done much.

Hawaii 5-0
04-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I am just not sold on Dwyer or Batch as our long term guy.

or even as our short-term guys...

FrancoLambert
04-05-2013, 03:46 PM
If he's healthy he automatically becomes our best back.

Decent speed, decent power, and a ton of heart.

No way Dwyer or Redman beats him out.

BlaZeQuietly
04-05-2013, 03:48 PM
or even as our short-term guys...

They are both actually pretty good but neither have very good stamina. Dwyer in my opinion is the best we have right now, he runs hard and can break tackles, but hes not superior in any category, hes pretty slow so you wont see him break away for any 60 yard touch down runs, that's for sure. I'd love to see us keep Dwyer around to compliment another running back, but whoever we have as our go to guy needs to be fast and needs to be able to run often, ben has been throwing the ball too much the last couple seasons and that's because that just about the only way we've been able to get first downs, its predictable to other teams to... big play coming up? we're passing.

Steel_Bus_24
04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Im still hoping we snag either Knile Davis or Bell

Bradshaw's medical sheet just scares me too much.

Rabbit
04-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Steelers plan to meet with Bradshaw again before the draft

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/322123574385205249

The_Joker
04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Steelers plan to meet with Bradshaw again before the draft

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/322123574385205249

Hope we get him if all goes bad come draft.

Bane
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Shit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/10/bengals-express-interest-in-bradshaw/

Fire Haley
04-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Shit

Per a league source, the Bengals recently has expressed interest in Bradshaw. A visit within the next week or two is possible.

call me when he signs

Bane
04-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Per a league source, the Bengals recently has expressed interest in Bradshaw. A visit within the next week or two is possible.

call me when he signs

I'm less worried about him signing, and more worried about his price being driven up on the Steelers.

Fire Haley
04-10-2013, 07:20 PM
if he's still crippled - - I'd take a draft pick first

desertsteel
04-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm less worried about him signing, and more worried about his price being driven up on the Steelers.

I'm sure we won't sign him. It's a you're on the clock kind of deal with FA and for some reason we always want to drag things out while other teams fly in and scoop them up. *sigh*

BlaZeQuietly
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
at least now that were keeping sanders we wont look like total blowhards if we pass on bradshaw ultimately

BlaZeQuietly
04-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Any word lately on bradshaw? when's he coming back?

desertsteel
04-16-2013, 11:05 PM
I think we are going to sign him. No other team is jumping either, which makes me feel better about our chances.

BlaZeQuietly
04-17-2013, 02:01 PM
well the draft is a week away now he must be coming back for that final visit soon?

The_Joker
04-17-2013, 02:41 PM
If we skip on HB's in the draft, SIGN AHMAD!

Galax Steeler
04-17-2013, 02:43 PM
If we skip on HB's in the draft, SIGN AHMAD!

I say we need to sign him and draft one this year as well. We don't have much competition going into the year.

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Draft dries up Bradshaw’s current options

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2013

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/300x-98.jpg?w=250

On Friday, free-agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw received full clearance to resume football activities.

On Friday and Saturday, all teams that had interest in Bradshaw filled their needs via draft picks.

The interested teams were the Steelers, Packers, Broncos, and Bengals. And those four teams added a total of seven running backs in the last two days.

The Steelers selected Le’Veon Bell in round two. The Packers picked Eddie Lacy in round two and Johnathan Franklin in round four. The Broncos picked Montee Ball in round two. And the Bengals added Giovani Bernard in the second round, and Rex Burkhead in the sixth round.

The Steelers also signed former Cardinals running back La’Rod Stephens-Howling as a free agent on Friday.

So, basically, Bradshaw will likely have to wait for options to arise elsewhere. The good news is that injuries are inevitable, and eventually someone will need to give Bradshaw a call.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/27/draft-dries-up-bradshaws-current-options/

Fire Arians
04-28-2013, 01:43 AM
we can now sign that scrub for the vet minimum

Fire Haley
04-29-2013, 01:24 AM
league source tells Profootballtalk.com that free agent Ahmad Bradshaw has received full medical clearance for football activities.

we can now sign that scrub for the vet minimum

if we can have an all new RB backfield, I'd go for it

Bell
Bradshaw
Stephens-Howling
some undrafted new guy

I'd sign for that

Galax Steeler
04-29-2013, 04:28 AM
league source tells Profootballtalk.com that free agent Ahmad Bradshaw has received full medical clearance for football activities.

if we can have an all new RB backfield, I'd go for it

Bell
Bradshaw
Stephens-Howling
some undrafted new guy

I'd sign for that

That would be a very good stable of backs.:thumbsup:

bornaSteelersfan
04-29-2013, 04:42 AM
Sorry, but there is only one Bradshaw for The Steelers.

kan_t
04-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Not sure if the Steelers still have cap space to sign him.

The_Joker
04-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Bell 1st
Bradshaw 2nd
Dwyer 3rd
LSH 4th
Batch ST

ebsteelers
07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Indianapolis Colts

Ahmad Bradshaw is on PUP and John Boyett is on NFI for the start of training camp, says Mike Chappell.

Receiver Donald Jones meets with the Colts today, says Chappell. Jones would be competition for a slot/ possession role with Griff Whalen, says Kyle Rodriguez of Colts Authority.

To which I say: They need more options at receiver, so if they like him and the price is right, they should sign Jones.

Predicting the final 53, from Josh Wilson of Stampede Blue.

glad we ended up not bringing in bradshaw... he can say that foot is healed but seems like its gonna be a concern all year

Jpeezyiseternal
07-24-2013, 03:28 PM
20 pages deep and he isn't even on our roster!?!? lol

FrancoLambert
07-24-2013, 05:33 PM

That's the beauty and attraction of SteelersFever!! :tt02: :tt03:

Hawaii 5-0
07-24-2013, 05:56 PM

we need a new Mike Wallace thread...

MACH1