PDA

View Full Version : Stop dreaming

fer522
03-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Guys stop dreaming we can't afford any FA :banging:

Hawaii 5-0
03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
what are you talking about?

we signed Willie Gay and Matt Spaeth, didn't we?

fer522
03-17-2013, 12:39 AM
what are you talking about?

we signed Willie Gay and Matt Spaeth, didn't we?

Like I said we can't afford any "REAL" FA :banging:
I hope you're being sarcastic :hatsoff:

austinfrench76
03-17-2013, 12:57 AM
I know but please don't kill my dream!!!! It's all I've got right now...

Hawaii 5-0
03-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Like I said we can't afford any "REAL" FA :banging:
I hope you're being sarcastic :hatsoff:

:drink:

http://coursesite.uhcl.edu/HSH/Whitec/ximages/texts/wordmessages/SarcasmService.jpg

Justp94
03-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Guys stop dreaming we can't afford any FA :banging:

I know :( and I was hoping the Steelers would look into signing Michael Huff a Safety who can play Cornerback damn well and is fast. He's tall and would compliment Taylor well. The Steelers need to stop overpaying players...

tony hipchest
03-17-2013, 03:15 AM
free agents are for desperate loser teams.

who won the SB? Baltimore...

their main FA was jacoby jones, who was treated like a bitch in houston and cut and no other team wanted.

they pretty much followed the steelers model and we already signed gay, spaeth, and plex.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

teegre
03-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I remember hearing a bunch of ESPN analysts (likely Dilfer & Cowherd) talking about Bill Parcells. They discussed how his genius was not necessarily the starting 22 (although, he usually fielded a solid starting line-up); they said that Parcells was a HOFer, because he routinely had the best 23-53 of any team in football.

Here is how it improves your team:

Special teams. That should be obvious as to why.

Injuries WILL occur, and at some point during the season, several of those second-tier players are likely to start a game or two at just about EVERY position.

Special packages. When teams started going 5-wide, most defenses were "maaaybe" three deep at CB, but Parcells was a solid four (if not five) deep. Likewise, Parcells could go four & five wide, because his second-tier WRs were always a cut above the opponents' fourth & fifth CBs.

SUMMATION:
Will I am GAY is NOT a good starter, but he is a good third CB.

kan_t
03-17-2013, 12:21 PM
SUMMATION:
Will I am GAY is NOT a good starter, but he is a good third CB.
And he's a very good special team player.

kan_t
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
By the way the Steelers do have the cap to adding more pieces from FA market, especially if Sanders is gone.