PDA

View Full Version : Best place to tailgate?

STEELCRTN4EVER
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
This is our 1st trip to Heinz field to see a game, we got lucky and have some great seat for the Steelers thrashing of the Chiefs that will be on October 15th. We are driving from Ky. and want to make sure we are in a great place for tailgating. Is it worth to to buy a ticket for one of the Gold lots or does anyone have any suggestions. 500 miles of driving means we want a good place to party.

jblovein
08-21-2006, 11:01 AM
you really can't lose as long as you get in the middle of the baseball stadium and the football stadium. those are reserved but it's one hell of a party.

Lyn
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
This is our 1st trip to Heinz field to see a game, we got lucky and have some great seat for the Steelers thrashing of the Chiefs that will be on October 19th. We are driving from Ky. and want to make sure we are in a great place for tailgating. Is it worth to to buy a ticket for one of the Gold lots or does anyone have any suggestions. 500 miles of driving means we want a good place to party.

The KC game is 10.15.06 and I have a gold lot 1 pass. My club (Black'NGold Pride) is having their annual tailgate on that day. One of our members has a big party planned the night before and also on Friday all day and then at night. Come over and see us if you are at the KC game on the 15th of October.

STEELCRTN4EVER
08-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Lyn,

Yes the game is 10/15...Slip of the finger when typing. Do you mean you have an extra parking pass that you would sell. I have found one for 125.00, I think I am going to buy it today.

Thanks for the invite, we will come see you guys. We drove to the BURGH and partied for the Superbowl, that was better than being in Detroit!

Lyn
08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
We were in Detriot the day before for the NFL Experiemce then we drove home (50 miles from Detriot) for our party here. Then we jumped in the car and drove to da burgh for the Parade. It was awesome! That whole weekend was. I would love to do it all obver again !~

No, I do not have an "extra" parking pass but I do have one and you are invited to join us. If you do not want to park your car at the hotel, buy a pass and we will caravan it into the lot and you can be next to us and we will have more room! Where are you staying?

PM me when you get a chance or email me at steelerlyn@aol.com although last time I checked my mail wasn't working lol I will get back to you!~ LOL

stlrtruck
08-21-2006, 12:14 PM
And I thought the best place to tailgate was outside an opposing team's stadium!

Stlrs4Life
08-21-2006, 04:36 PM
We drove to the BURGH and partied for the Superbowl, that was better than being in Detroit!

No way, we were tailgating in Detroit, and thought we were in Pittsburgh! It was ablast being in the city and tailgating for it.

Lyn
08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Dom also has a very nice tailgate you may wanna make the rounds!~

STEELCRTN4EVER
08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your help guys, I bought a Gold lot 1 pass this morning for 115.

AZ_Steeler
08-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Some of the best places to tailgate can be found on the following website: http://www.herewegoinfo.com/2006GameInfo/Pittsburgh.html (http://www.herewegoinfo.com/2006GameInfo/Pittsburgh.html#Arizona_Cardinals_Tailgating)

As the Steelers travel during the season, the admin even posts places to hang out and tailgate at the opposing teams fields as well, realy some good stuff!!!

ptgnzlz7
08-22-2006, 06:00 PM
First, I run HereWeGoInfo.com (http://www.herewegoinfo.com), so thanks AZ_Steeler for the plug and thank you to anyone who follows the link and visits. Please feel free to send me comments and suggestions directly at HeadFan[at]HereWeGoInfo.com.

My sincere advice on parking at Heinz Field is this -- paying hundreds for game tickets is one thing, paying hundreds to park is quite another. The tailgate tradition is so vast at Heinz Field that anyone interested in meeting some new friends and partying with fans can find a welcome and inviting spot with one of the hundreds of regulars. Parking downtown and either walking across the bridge when the weather's nice (there's nothing quite like decending into the middle of the action as you walk across the Fort Duquesne Bridge.) or even take a cab over. It'll be easier on you're wallet, you'll make some new friends, and you'll sample one of the best parts of the Steelers tradition.

Of course, if you've got some sort of outrageous Steeler themed vehicle that you want to show off...