PDA

View Full Version : Come back Harrison!!!!

lowester
03-18-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/18/4118628/james-harrison-rumors-free-agency-cold

I know its probably not going to happen but here is to hoping he comes back for the next 2 years then retires!!!.. This should light a flame under his ass

OX1947
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
They asked James for a couple mil less then what he was getting. James should come back. He will make more money in Pittsburgh and the Steelers will have a healthy James going into the season.

harrison'samonster
03-18-2013, 11:06 AM
I would like to see Harrison back. A healthy Harrison, Polamalu, and Woodley would be nice to see one more time.

truesteelerfan
03-18-2013, 11:14 AM
If he's serious about making money - and trying to get another ring - we should be his only option. IF the Steelers brass is willing to reach out to him - I hope they are.

teegre
03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
If he's serious about making money - and trying to get another ring - we should be his only option. IF the Steelers brass is willing to reach out to him - I hope they are.

Tomlin, LeBeau, and Butler all wanted him back. This was a cap move. If there's a fiscal way, Tomlin (et al) will make it come to fruition.

wwhickok
03-18-2013, 12:11 PM
There are a few facts here:

Fact 1: He is 35 and clearly noone wants to pay HIS price.
Fact 2: If he comes back to Pittsburgh it'll be for no more than 40% of his previous salary
Fact 3: Harrison isnt what he once was, he built his entire career in Pittsburgh, but he can still offer production from a starting role.

Opinion 1:He If Harrison admits to himself he has to take significantly less money, he will end up in Pittsburgh. It makes the most sense, he would retire after the 2013 season.

lowester
03-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone know how much money Harrison has already made with Pittsburgh?

wwhickok
03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone know how much money Harrison has already made with Pittsburgh?

Total? No idea but his salary for tbis year was something like 6.3M

steelfury02
03-18-2013, 12:30 PM
the Ravens won one for Lewis

We need to get Harrison back here and "win one for James and Troy"

ebsteelers
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
the Ravens won one for Lewis

We need to get Harrison back here and "win one for James and Troy"

and Kiesel, and Foote, and Lebeau

Steelers>NFL
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Nah, let by gones be by gones! I'm ready to get mving into the generation of players.

Hawaii 5-0
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Teams staying away from free agent James Harrison?

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: March 18, 2013

Since James Harrison was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers upon refusing to accept a pay cut, he publicly has flirted with at least a half-dozen teams featuring a 3-4 defensive scheme. His agent insisted recently that six teams are interested in the veteran linebacker.

So why hasn't Harrison signed -- or at least made team visits?

It appears that he and his agent have overestimated his value significantly.

With NFL executives congregating in Phoenix over the weekend, SI.com's Peter King finds that Harrison is "the coldest name of them all" at the NFL Annual Meeting.

Unable to find a single person willing to admit an interest in Harrison, King believes the 34-year-old will have to settle for less than half of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn with the Steelers.

Frankly, King's report isn't the least bit surprising. While Harrison remains stout against the run, it was obvious that he had lost a few steps as a pass rusher last season. No team with a 3-4 defense is going to spend big money for a declining, injury-prone edge rusher no longer pressuring quarterbacks on a consistent basis.

It will be interesting to see if Harrison's market is cold enough that he would consider returning to the Steelers on a contract worth less than the reduced rate he rejected just over a week ago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151519/article/teams-staying-away-from-free-agent-james-harrison

sloppyjoe
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
harrison gave a big F you to the organization and fans when he turned down the offer to stay in pittsburgh. a 30% reduction in base pay with the ability to gain it all back with incentives and he walked away. harrison didnt want to work hard to make up the other 30%. he thought he would make more in FA. i can only hope if he comes crawling back to the steelers for a job, they cut his salary to 30% with no incentives.

Steel Peon
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I guess I'm kinda shocked that there hasn't been more interest, or a signing as of yet for James. I'm not sure if I should think Goodell has something to do with this, but James just might.

jjpro11
03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
I am surprised. He came on strong late last season once he was healthy. What was with the flirtation with the Ravens? Just his agent trying to drum up interest?

pittpete
03-19-2013, 01:07 AM
The James Harrison Era is over in Pittsburgh.
Thanks for your services James.
Time to move on...
Next?

lloydwoodson
03-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Mr. James Harrison, I would like to speak for Steelers Nation when I say the front office was wrong to let you go and, Baby, we want you back... we miss you and we just can't live without you.

Hn-enjcgV1o

TRH
03-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Teams staying away from free agent James Harrison?

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: March 18, 2013

So why hasn't Harrison signed -- or at least made team visits?

It appears that he and his agent have overestimated his value significantly.

It will be interesting to see if Harrison's market is cold enough that he would consider returning to the Steelers on a contract worth less than the reduced rate he rejected just over a week ago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151519/article/teams-staying-away-from-free-agent-james-harrison

It appears the rest of the free western world already knew this - except for Harrison and his agent.
At 35 (and considered old, no matter what his did in his past), some serious injuries and a downright nasty reputation, my 7-year old could have told them that the original Steelers offer was WAY more than he should be getting at this point and you would have to literally "committed" crazy to think you'd get 5, 6 million dollars a year from any team on the planet.
Looks like a serious miscalculation on the part of Harrison's agent. It now appears the 2 or 3 million a year that was originally offered was actually BIG money - now they might get a big fat zero. Really stupid move.

steelfury02
03-19-2013, 10:23 AM
just speculating and commenting on Harrison as a person - don't be shocked to see Harrison just call it quits if he gets no other offers

also - I've commented on his domestic issue - while IMO once is too much - it doesn't make him an evil person. good men can make mistakes - doesn't mean they shouldn't keep paying for them

On his facebook page: "What's Important to You" with this picture (thought it was a little warming):
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/483761_551923131506490_1185350006_n.jpg

JackH
03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
also - I've commented on his domestic issue - while IMO once is too much - it doesn't make him an evil person. good men can make mistakes - doesn't mean they shouldn't keep paying for them

]

I didn't see what you said? Were you talking about that assault arrest about 5 years ago with respect to his girlfriend?

That girlfriend is the mother of his two children and an attorney in Pittsburgh with her own law firm I believe. Now, I don't know what the current relationship is, but I would think James would want to remain near his children. I don't know how much that would weigh on his decision to return to the Steelers.

I hope he comes back to the Steelers for another year or two. At the right price.

CrickRat23
03-20-2013, 03:28 PM
At the right price I would love to have Harrison back for depth. I just dont know what the right price is, since he was not willing to re-negotiate his contract here. Maybe if Harrison does not get too many great offers from other teams, he will come back, and add some depth to our linbacking corps.

SteelersCanada
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Come back! We need to pay more aging veterans more than they're worth to be unproductive and eat away at our cap!

No. Move on.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Come back! We need to pay more aging veterans more than they're worth to be unproductive and eat away at our cap!

No. Move on.

I believe that was the only issue for Harrison, but I could be wrong - can't remember it all if it all exists

I can't agree or disagree with you - I'm torn - I'm happy with moving on, I'd be ok if he stayed - I feel that scared about that position - talk me down from the ledge SteelCanada!

harrison'samonster
03-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I believe that was the only issue for Harrison, but I could be wrong - can't remember it all if it all exists

I can't agree or disagree with you - I'm torn - I'm happy with moving on, I'd be ok if he stayed - I feel that scared about that position - talk me down from the ledge SteelCanada!

jump! it's going to be ok either way.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
jump! it's going to be ok either way.

very true - I must keep the faith!

Millers the sh!t
03-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I hope we resign him. He still has.some in the tank. If he starts the season healthy and stays healthy all year. I guarantee he will be the most productive LB and be responsible for more turnovers than all of our LBs combined. Hell have another 10+ sack season. He's the man... And is still a threat to any offense.

TheVet
03-20-2013, 04:38 PM

No. Move on.

I'd like to have him back if the numbers would work, and not for depth! After he recovered from his injury, he got better and better - and by the end of the season, he was just a monster.

There could be a lot of upside left in James Harrison, but it comes with a lot of risk. Were those injuries an anomaly, or the sign of things to come? I really wanted to see at least one more year.

Millers the sh!t
03-20-2013, 04:39 PM

No. Move on.

Dear mods, please add a thumbs down option so I can give one to this post. Harrison is one of the few aging vets that can still produce. Is he worth what he's asking.... Nope, but neither is Troy, or Woodley.... They all should get pay cuts.

SteelersCanada
03-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Dear mods, please add a thumbs down option so I can give one to this post. Harrison is one of the few aging vets that can still produce. Is he worth what he's asking.... Nope, but neither is Troy, or Woodley.... They all should get pay cuts.

Thumb it down all you want, it doesn't change the fact that he's 35 years olsd and wasn't productive last year. What did he produce? He produced injuries. He has a bad back, a bad knee and broke his face. He had 6 sacks - that's great, so did Lawrence Timmons. Our Inside Linebacker. There's your problem. Now, there's an argument to be made that this shows his dedication to the team, but all of that is wiped away when he chose free agency over a 30% pay cut.

He's not worth anything more than vet minimum. If he wants more, I hope he enjoys his tenure with the Jets.

Also, comparing a 28 year old LaMarr Woodley to a 35 year old Harrison is not only unfair, it doesn't make any sense. LaMarr isn't an aging veteran. He does have a lot to prove after last season, but again, he's already training with Ryan Clark and working to get back into shape. It's apples and oranges.

All we have to do is draft an outside 'Backer to play with Woodley and we're fine. Don't jump, it'll be ok! :drink:

I'd like to have him back if the numbers would work, and not for depth! After he recovered from his injury, he got better and better - and by the end of the season, he was just a monster.

There could be a lot of upside left in James Harrison, but it comes with a lot of risk. Were those injuries an anomaly, or the sign of things to come? I really wanted to see at least one more year.

I'd rather give Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones a year to develop than bring back Harrison and let him play. The upside and ceiling of those two guys after a year of starting on this defense is insane. After a 'trial by fire' kind of year, either one of those two could be ridiculous on that right side. Why bring back a guy that is at the end of his career when we could give a kid who's at the beginning a chance to play? Call me crazy, but I think that's the better option.

Steeldude
03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
At the right price I would love to have Harrison back for depth. I just dont know what the right price is, since he was not willing to re-negotiate his contract here. Maybe if Harrison does not get too many great offers from other teams, he will come back, and add some depth to our linbacking corps.

For depth? He would be starting. No one on the team would be able to beat him out

Steeldude
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Thumb it down all you want, it doesn't change the fact that he's 35 years olsd and wasn't productive last year. What did he produce? He produced injuries. He has a bad back, a bad knee and broke his face. He had 6 sacks - that's great, so did Lawrence Timmons. Our Inside Linebacker. There's your problem. Now, there's an argument to be made that this shows his dedication to the team, but all of that is wiped away when he chose free agency over a 30% pay cut.

He's not worth anything more than vet minimum. If he wants more, I hope he enjoys his tenure with the Jets.

Also, comparing a 28 year old LaMarr Woodley to a 35 year old Harrison is not only unfair, it doesn't make any sense. LaMarr isn't an aging veteran. He does have a lot to prove after last season, but again, he's already training with Ryan Clark and working to get back into shape. It's apples and oranges.

Harrison coming off injuries is still a productive LB. Did you not notice how the defense improved when he came back? You bring up Timmons. How well did Timmons do at ROLB?

Why can't you compare Harrison to the overrated Woodley? Age? Woodley is younger and still isn't as good as old, battle-worn Harrison. Woodley has so many fans blinded.

pczach
03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't think there's any chance the Steelers bring him back. They tried to keep him in the family knowing full well what his value would be on the open market. He chose to leave "the family". Once he did that, I believe the Steelers decided they would not take him back under any circumstances. It's like a mob thing.:wink02:

SteelersCanada
03-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Harrison coming off injuries is still a productive LB. Did you not notice how the defense improved when he came back? You bring up Timmons. How well did Timmons do at ROLB?

Why can't you compare Harrison to the overrated Woodley? Age? Woodley is younger and still isn't as good as old, battle-worn Harrison. Woodley has so many fans blinded.

I'm not talking about Timmons playing ROLB - I'm talking about how he did at ILB. He played at an All-Pro level the whole year and eventually lead our team in sacks. As in Inside Linebacker. I'm sorry, there's a problem there. The fact that he tied Harrison in sacks when it's Harrison's job to a) apply consistent pressure and b) get sacks is telling in and of itself.

I was talking about aging veterans being unproductive. In the same sentence I said Woodley had a lot to prove after last year and he's training to get it done. Harrison is over the hill at 35 years old. The fact that you guys want him back is baffling - he has a bad back and bad knee he fought through all of last year. He wasn't anything more than average at any point during the year.

Harrison's previous accomplishments have you blinded.

harrison'samonster
03-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Woodley had a lot to prove after last year and he's training to get it done.

same thing can be said about Harrison. I know you're going to say he's older, but injuries had more to do with his bad season last year than age. He's healthy now and working out just as hard as ever.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Ravens are saying same thing about Reed. Unofficial but he's going to Texans:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152356/article/ed-reed-says-he-plans-to-join-houston-texans

steeltheone
03-20-2013, 07:46 PM

He may very well be productive on the short term or he may end up on the IR most of the season.

The Steelers cannot afford to take that chance on a guy at that age that wants big money.

Millers the sh!t
03-20-2013, 09:14 PM

All we have to do is draft an outside 'Backer to play with Woodley and we're fine. Don't jump, it'll be ok! :drink:

I'd rather give Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones a year to develop than bring back Harrison and let him play. The upside and ceiling of those two guys after a year of starting on this defense is insane. After a 'trial by fire' kind of year, either one of those two could be ridiculous on that right side. Why bring back a guy that is at the end of his career when we could give a kid who's at the beginning a chance to play? Call me crazy, but I think that's the better option.

The an was injured for a quarter of the season and then only got better every week. By the last week he was playing better than Woodley has been for over a year and a half. At least James injuries are an excuse for not having stellar numbers, Woodley excuse is he got paid and then got fat and laz. I couldn't help but notice u didn't mention troys name during your argument.... Now that's a waste of money right there. Troy and Ben..... Guaranteed to miss 3 games plus every season cause their style of play. Steelers waste a lot of money for Injury prone stars. Fact is though, James was only getting better and was getting pressure, stopping the runs like milk o magnesia and creating turnovers again like the old James. But My point is there is are a lot of people not earning their pay. So if u call out James, who actually has heart and tries to get better every week, than u can call out Woodley lazy Ass, troys injured Ass, Hampton lazy Ass, colons pathetic injured Ass, bens injured and half lazy Ass, etc. Out of all those names James deserves the money more than anyone except Ben, and that's only because we don't have a decent back up for Ben.

harrison'samonster
03-20-2013, 09:16 PM
James was only getting better and was getting pressure, stopping the runs like milk o magnesia

that's classic, thanks

SteelersCanada
03-20-2013, 11:21 PM
So if u call out James, who actually has heart and tries to get better every week, than u can call out Woodley lazy Ass, troys injured Ass, Hampton lazy Ass, colons pathetic injured Ass, bens injured and half lazy Ass, etc. Out of all those names James deserves the money more than anyone except Ben, and that's only because we don't have a decent back up for Ben.

So, there's two things glaringly wrong with what you just said. I'll start with the most obvious: calling Ben lazy is laughable. He's our franchise. He's our entire franchise. You saw how we performed without him - we lost. We beat the Ravens, granted, but the Ravens had a mediocre team that were beating other, shittier defenses than their own. He's our offense and our team - plain and simple. He's not lazy and he gets hurt because he's always trying to make something happen on the field. Then, more times than not, he comes back onto the field after being injured while trying to help the offense. How is this lazy? How is suffering an ankle sprain and then playing through the ankle sprain lazy? If you're going to criticize Ben for his laziness, we have nothing more to discuss.

Next, James has heart and soul? Really? Is that why when he thought he could get more money than we were paying him he jumped at the chance? He wouldn't take a pay cut. Then, after not taking a pay cut, he tested free agency to find out that no one wanted him. Essentially, he only gave a shit about the money and not about the fanbase or the team itself. I hope he does come crawling back to Pittsburgh with his tail between his legs and I hope we shut the door in his face.

teegre
03-21-2013, 12:45 AM
So, there's two things glaringly wrong with what you just said. I'll start with the most obvious: calling Ben lazy is laughable. He's our franchise. He's our entire franchise. You saw how we performed without him - we lost. We beat the Ravens, granted, but the Ravens had a mediocre team that were beating other, shittier defenses than their own. He's our offense and our team - plain and simple. He's not lazy and he gets hurt because he's always trying to make something happen on the field. Then, more times than not, he comes back onto the field after being injured while trying to help the offense. How is this lazy? How is suffering an ankle sprain and then playing through the ankle sprain lazy? If you're going to criticize Ben for his laziness, we have nothing more to discuss.

Next, James has heart and soul? Really? Is that why when he thought he could get more money than we were paying him he jumped at the chance? He wouldn't take a pay cut. Then, after not taking a pay cut, he tested free agency to find out that no one wanted him. Essentially, he only gave a shit about the money and not about the fanbase or the team itself. I hope he does come crawling back to Pittsburgh with his tail between his legs and I hope we shut the door in his face.

I agree 100% with the first paragraph.

I disagree with the second paragraph. When it comes to money in the NFL, it's billionaires trying to get over on millionaires. Mathematically, it's a power of 1000.

For example... let's say: Harrison is scheduled to make $6 million. To the average fan (who makes about $60,000), it seems greedy that a millionaire would be squabbling over a few million dollars... because, Harrison would be making 100 times what the average fan makes ($60,000 x 100 = $6 million).

But, Harrison is in talks with people (owners) who are worth 1,000 times what he makes.

As in: if you take Tom Brady, Drew Brees, BB, Eli & Peyton, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, and about 900 of their colleagues from the NFL, they'd equal the worth of ONE average NFL owner.

When I think of it that way, I gotta side with the players, when it comes to contracts.

TheVet
03-21-2013, 12:47 AM
A tale of two paragraphs:

Great points!! :tt02:

Awful!! :banging:

bornaSteelersfan
03-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Forget about heart. Harrison will swallow his pride soon and come back on a 1-year contract for even less than was offered before. He will be a back-up to Worilds for a while until Worilds gets injured, then he will re-earn the starting job. That's my prediction. Either that or The Steelers will wait until Worilds gets injured, then give Harrison a call to get off the couch.

Millers the sh!t
03-21-2013, 05:29 AM

Blah blah blah blah...... Yes how did we do without our franchise qb? Almost beat the superbowl champs with a backups first game, then we did best the superbowl champs with our third stringers second game. Don't worry cause Ben came back the next week and we stomped the shit out of everyone the rest of the season, then we made it deep into the playoffs....... Oh wait, that second part wasn't true. Our god of a qb came back and blew every game he played except for he browns after he ruined our chances of going to the playoffs. another thing, just cause Ben's stupid, or likes the attention of playing injured doesn't mean he's not lazy. Ur argument sucked. Hes totally lazy, mentally and physically. That's why he can't change his game, find reads quick enough, always snaps the ball with 1 second left on the play clock... Cause he's still reading the defense and if he had an extra ten seconds to snap the ball, he'd be using that time as well. He's out of shape almost 100% of the time, cried up and down about not wanting to learn a new system, etc. Etc. Just cause he's labeled a franchise q.b. don't mean he don't mean he ain't lazy. U trying to tell me he has a work ethic like Payton manning? Please kid, Ben got comfortable after hos first super bowl and hes living in the past and still riding those coat tails. He doesn't put in any extra effort than he thinks he should.

kan_t
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
I disagree with the second paragraph. When it comes to money in the NFL, it's billionaires trying to get over on millionaires. Mathematically, it's a power of 1000.

For example... let's say: Harrison is scheduled to make $6 million. To the average fan (who makes about $60,000), it seems greedy that a millionaire would be squabbling over a few million dollars... because, Harrison would be making 100 times what the average fan makes ($60,000 x 100 = $6 million).

But, Harrison is in talks with people (owners) who are worth 1,000 times what he makes.

As in: if you take Tom Brady, Drew Brees, BB, Eli & Peyton, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, and about 900 of their colleagues from the NFL, they'd equal the worth of ONE average NFL owner.

When I think of it that way, I gotta side with the players, when it comes to contracts.
If it's baseball, I agree with you. But there is a salary cap in NFL. It's not like Rooney will pocket those money after asking Harrison a pay cut. If Harrison is all about heart and the team like people said, he would take the pay cut.

Steeler7BR
03-21-2013, 07:40 AM
If it's baseball, I agree with you. But there is a salary cap in NFL. It's not like Rooney will pocket those money after asking Harrison a pay cut. If Harrison is all about heart and the team like people said, he would take the pay cut.

Your basicly right with what you are saying but you have to understand James side of things. He is playing for us in Pittsburgh all his carrer and you can say what you want but for me, all the years he was here, he was underpaid. Way underpaid! He was an anchor of our defense for 5 years now and we made 2 super bowl trips during that time. We give the player on the other side 11!!! I have to say it again 11!!!! milion a season who didn't performed for that money since he's got that damn contract and you wanna tell that player that he has to make sacrifices? That ain't right!!!!

And the other thing that bothers me so much about it. Owners always negotiate backloaded contracts and then at the end where the player should get his money that he deserves they don't wanna pay it. I mean I can understand it if the player is not performing the way he should do. But as you negotiated #92's contract you well know that he was 35 at the end of that deal but why should you care? I mean thats so unfair it even gets me off as I'm writing the shit now.

The 11 million guy even played less games then James during the last 2 years and really the recorded 13 games that he got this year they more felt then maybe 8 or something. I really think it's even kind of embarrising that they ask Harrison in the first place. They should have paid him and just suck it up. Now we get weaker at OLB and we may even see our beloved #92 in a purple jersey. That makes me really just wanna throw up. Really great work FO, well done!!!

teegre
03-21-2013, 08:40 AM

I understand that the owners don't get the 30% back from the $6 million; it'll be used for another player. Those are the dynamics of a salary cap. That's not really the point.

My point is that people are calling Harrison greedy because he won't take a $1.8 million pay cut... when the owners make nearly a billion dollars every season (plus the other billions that they make in their primary business).

Players have a small window to make their money. The average career is less than eight years, with four of those years being a rookie contract (when the players are getting hosed). After their first re-up (after their rookie contract expires), let's say a player gets a four year/$20 million deal... it's usually broken down something like this: $2 million, $4 million, $6 million, & $8 million. The first two years are cheap for the team. Then, in year three of that contract, the player is asked to take a pay cut... and if he doesn't, the fans call him greedy.

The player is simply playing out his contract.

The owners got four years of cheap "rookie pay" (maybe $1 million total), plus two more years for $6 million. And then, when that player actually gets to the "good" part of his contract, he is usually cut.

We call the player greedy, because we don't make millions. But, the billionaire owners "could" gave raised the salary cap... but, instead, they froze it for two years. Why? Because, the $125 million cap was taking away from their billions of earnings.

But, even if the cap went up, & the owners lost $20 million dollars, that's equivalent to the player losing $20,000 (or, $120,000 in Harrison's case). Instead, they asked Harrison to give back $1.8 million... which, if they lost the same percentage (30%), it would be a cap increase of $175 million. ($1 billion in profit minus 30% equals a cap of $300 million... or, $175 million than the current cap.)

Nope... they froze the cap (when teams were expecting it to go up), in order to increase the owners' profit. In turn, since the cap did not go up, players were asked to take pay cuts... and fans call the players greedy (as opposed to the owners).

Make sense?

steeltheone
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Your basicly right with what you are saying but you have to understand James side of things. He is playing for us in Pittsburgh all his carrer and you can say what you want but for me, all the years he was here, he was underpaid. Way underpaid! He was an anchor of our defense for 5 years now and we made 2 super bowl trips during that time. We give the player on the other side 11!!! I have to say it again 11!!!! milion a season who didn't performed for that money since he's got that damn contract and you wanna tell that player that he has to make sacrifices? That ain't right!!!!

And the other thing that bothers me so much about it. Owners always negotiate backloaded contracts and then at the end where the player should get his money that he deserves they don't wanna pay it. I mean I can understand it if the player is not performing the way he should do. But as you negotiated #92's contract you well know that he was 35 at the end of that deal but why should you care? I mean thats so unfair it even gets me off as I'm writing the shit now.

The 11 million guy even played less games then James during the last 2 years and really the recorded 13 games that he got this year they more felt then maybe 8 or something. I really think it's even kind of embarrising that they ask Harrison in the first place. They should have paid him and just suck it up. Now we get weaker at OLB and we may even see our beloved #92 in a purple jersey. That makes me really just wanna throw up. Really great work FO, well done!!! That is just the way contracts workout ( Woodley, Harrison )Right now Flacco makes more than A. Rodgers. When Rodgers gets his new contract he will make more.

Paying players big money after decline of production is a franchise killer. The Steelers have done this with Smith and now Keisel and possibly Troy if he is on the IR this year.

Harrison got his Millions of dollars and has the right to look for more elsewhere. The Steelers were 100% correct in asking for a pay cut.

Steeler7BR
03-21-2013, 09:42 AM
That is just the way contracts workout ( Woodley, Harrison )Right now Flacco makes more than A. Rodgers. When Rodgers gets his new contract he will make more.

Paying players big money after decline of production is a franchise killer. The Steelers have done this with Smith and now Keisel and possibly Troy if he is on the IR this year.

Harrison got his Millions of dollars and has the right to look for more elsewhere. The Steelers were 100% correct in asking for a pay cut.

I think you misunderstand the phrases '100% correct' and 'they were obviously allowed to do that'.

You know what is a franchise killer? Paying a injury prone Pass Rusher a 6 year 60 mil dollar contract and cutting the one OLB that had any production last season. I mean just look at the insane Run D from Harrison and the amount of production on basicly one knee.

Better hope Woodley will turn it up next season or it will be a very long one! Just glad that Lebeau is still here. Don't wanna imagine when he is gone and the FOs still makes such dumbass decisions.

JackH
03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
My point is that people are calling Harrison greedy because he won't take a $1.8 million pay cut.

Make sense?

Makes sense to me.

Harrison should try to get whatever he can, as every player should. The Bears and Urlacher are in a similar situation.

I hope Harrison comes back to the Steelers at the right price and shares time with Worilds at ROLB. Considering Harrison's age, perhaps he could be more effective if he doesn't play every snap.

Likewise I hope Urlacher goes back to the Bears. Seeing him or Harrison wearing purple would be rather nauseating.

Lady Steel
03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Mark my words. Harrison is going to retire a Pittsburgh Steeler one way or another.

harrison'samonster
03-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Mark my words. Harrison is going to retire a Pittsburgh Steeler one way or another.

I have a feeling you're right

steeltheone
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Even if he plays in New England or Baltimore this year?

harrison'samonster
03-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Even if he plays in New England or Baltimore this year?

I'm not sure if he'll end up getting another look from one of those teams. The way it sits right now I would expect him to retire.

IamTheSteelGod
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I reckon he will play a season for the burgh on the cheap

harrison'samonster
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
I reckon he will play a season for the burgh on the cheap

that would be the best outcome

Hawaii 5-0
03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
by Ed Bouchette

James Harrison has drawn little interest on the free market. Why both he, and the #Steelers look bad in this deal:

It’s become clear that Harrison will not see anything near the $6.57 million he was to make in salary with the Steelers this year, but then the Steelers were unwilling to pay that either. What they were willing to pay is anyone’s guess at this point – there was one report they wanted Harrison to take a 30 percent paycut and Harrison refused.

Unless Harrison gets absolutely no offers elsewhere, he’s unlikely to return to the Steelers, even if their final offer was more than what he might make elsewhere.

It's called p-r-i-d-e.

So Harrison loses money, and the Steelers lose a player they needed.

http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/e5f3a898-1f07-4164-9202-d99ae6a57e80/

JackH
03-25-2013, 09:34 AM
by Ed Bouchette

James Harrison has drawn little interest on the free market. Why both he, and the #Steelers look bad in this deal:

It’s become clear that Harrison will not see anything near the $6.57 million he was to make in salary with the Steelers this year, but then the Steelers were unwilling to pay that either. What they were willing to pay is anyone’s guess at this point – there was one report they wanted Harrison to take a 30 percent paycut and Harrison refused.

Unless Harrison gets absolutely no offers elsewhere, he’s unlikely to return to the Steelers, even if their final offer was more than what he might make elsewhere.

It's called p-r-i-d-e.

So Harrison loses money, and the Steelers lose a player they needed.

http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/e5f3a898-1f07-4164-9202-d99ae6a57e80/

One of the few teams that did express in Harrison, the Ravens, got Dumervil, so forget about them.

I sure would like to see Deebo back in black or gold for a few more seasons.

I hope he sees the light and recognizes Pittsburgh is the best place for him.

Steelers>NFL
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
One of the few teams that did express in Harrison, the Ravens, got Dumervil, so forget about them.

The best place?? Try the only place, or home! But I wanna move on. Time to get younger on defense.

steelfury02
03-25-2013, 09:47 AM

IMO, based on recent quotes from Steelers and from what I've been seeing James put out there on social media - I think they are moving on and James will hang it up

Buddha Bus
03-25-2013, 09:50 AM
IMO, based on recent quotes from Steelers and from what I've been seeing James put out there on social media - I think they are moving on and James will hang it up

Shit.

OX1947
03-25-2013, 09:56 AM
He will probably end up in Miami. Where all Steelers, like old blue haired Jews, go to die. 2nd place would be Arizona.

JackH
03-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Ed: Forget Freeney, Revisit James Harrison
Monday, 25 March 2013 08:39
Written by Ed Bouchette

Good morning,
So far, the Steelers have been linked in one way or another to free agents such as tackle Jake Long, defensive end Elvis Dumervil and defensive end/linebacker Dwight Freeney.
So far, the Streelers have signed Bruce Gradkowski, Matt Spaeth and William Gay.
Long and Dumervil were never serious pursuits by the Steelers, if they were pursuits at all. If they’re going after Freeney, they’d do better to just revisit James Harrison. Freeney at 33 is two years younger than Harrison and until last season was a defensive end in the Colts’ 4-3 defense. When Indy switched to a 3-4 last season, Freeney’s conversion to outside linebacker did not go well. He would be a terrible fit for the Steelers at, presumably, right outside linebacker.
Freeney is either a situational pass rusher or a 4-3 defensive end. He played in 14 games for the Colts last season, with 13 starts. He had five sacks, 10 tackles, two assists, a pass defensed and a forced fumble. He also had an ankle injury.
Harrison started all 13 games in which he played after overcoming knee surgery. He had six sacks, 49 tackles, 21 assists and two forced fumbles.
If you’re the Steelers, which player would you try to sign?
There has been little reported interest in Harrison since the Steelers released him March 9. One team that had some mild interest was Baltimore, which presumably has no more since the Ravens signed Dumervil. The Baltimore Sun reported that Harrison was due in town Sunday night for a visit.
Harrison is strictly a 3-4 outside linebacker and could not play in a 4-3 defense. By one count, there are 14 defenses scheduled to play a 3-4 in 2013. The opportunities for Harrison are limited, the opportunities for him to start in a 3-4 may be miniscule. There is one place where he would start, however, and that is in the Steelers’ defense.
Maybe pride will prevent Harrison from returning, or maybe the Steelers over the past two weeks have convinced themselves to move on without him no matter what.
But if they indeed were/are interested in Dwight Freeney, they still should be more interested in James Harrison.

OX1947
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Whats Ed's hard on for harrison? This is like the third article he wrote about him.

GoFor7
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
The fact that Harrison hasn't gotten any interest or offers from any other team should give you the indication that he's done.

JackH
03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
The fact that Harrison hasn't gotten any interest or offers from any other team should give you the indication that he's done.

So what do you suppose Deebo is going to do if he hangs up his cleats?

It's difficult to see him as a talking head sports commentator. Maybe a movie star. I mean, he was a better football player than The Rock, and looks a whole lot more menacing.

Nah, I'd rather see him play another year or two with the Steelers while he figures out his future.

Steelers>NFL
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM

It's difficult to see him as a talking head sports commentator. Maybe a movie star. I mean, he was a better football player than The Rock, and looks a whole lot more menacing.
Nah, I'd rather see him play another year or two with the Steelers while he figures out his future.

Deebo could only play one role: menacing, bad guy. or tough guy!
The Rock is the total package.
"CAN U SMELL..............."

steelfury02
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
yup, either Steelers even if they even want him back or he's done

this menacing dude will probably end up in some quiet environment and pull a Lambert and become a park ranger or he'll single handily topple the North Korean government - take your pick

Dogtown
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
James Harrison's agent said Monday that he hasn't closed the door on a possible return for his client to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9096882/james-harrison-open-returning-pittsburgh-steelers-agent

truesteelerfan
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
James Harrison's agent said Monday that he hasn't closed the door on a possible return for his client to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9096882/james-harrison-open-returning-pittsburgh-steelers-agent

Very glad to see this - if we could find a financial agreement for both parties - he would immediately be back in our starting line up as our best ROLB option! Hope this happens, and this is the only positive thing I can think of regarding Elvis going to the rat birds.

Steel_Bus_24
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
I want James to come back...He was just getting his form back at the end of last year and hopefully will have a healthy productive season this year

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM

shocking.
must be a klck in the nuts to realize you have little value in the nfl.
1 year 1 million dollar deal....tops.
take it or leave it.

GoFor7
03-25-2013, 03:44 PM

That's not the Steelers' problem.

Steeler7BR
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
shocking.
take it or leave it.

:doh: :banging: :mad: No words!

Steelers>NFL
03-25-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd wait until after the draft before considering bringing Deebo back into the fold.

TheVet
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
shocking.
take it or leave it.

I came to the realization that I had little value in the NFL many years ago. Wasn't shocking, not even a big deal, to be honest.
:hatsoff: