PDA

View Full Version : Patriots offense exploding

hardwork
08-21-2006, 02:03 PM
In the 21st century there have been a few teams that have rented the Lombardi Trophy for a year but only one team has owned it. That team, the New England Patriots, is gearing up to bring the trophy back home where it belongs.

Patriots offense exploding onto scene

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff ?|? August 21, 2006

FOXBOROUGH -- Training camp and exhibition games are usually a time for fine-tuning, but quarterback Tom Brady is already firing on all cylinders. His performance in Saturday night's 30-3 victory over the Arizona Cardinals highlighted the potential explosiveness of the Patriots' offense.

Brady is now 18 of 24 for 173 yards in two exhibition games, and hasn't thrown an interception despite working without his top wide receiver, holdout Deion Branch.

Saturday night, he directed scoring drives that looked like this:

13 plays, 52 yards, 6:29, ending in a field goal.

10 plays, 62 yards, 4:39, ending in a field goal.

15 plays, 86 yards, 8:06, ending in a rushing touchdown.

``We put together a nice drive there to start, which is good," said Brady, who carved up the blitzing Cardinals in a 15-of-20 performance that totaled 149 yards. ``I think we were pretty efficient."

Those marches followed up Brady's air-tight, one-series effort in the exhibition opener at Atlanta, in which he directed a 13-play, 75-yard drive that ate up 7:06 of the clock and ended in Martin Gramatica's 26-yard field goal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/21/patriots_offense_exploding_onto_scene/

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 02:18 PM
In the 21st century there have been a few teams that have rented the Lombardi Trophy for a year but only one team has owned it. That team, the New England Patriots, is gearing up to bring the trophy back home where it belongs.

Patriots offense exploding onto scene

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff ?|? August 21, 2006

FOXBOROUGH -- Training camp and exhibition games are usually a time for fine-tuning, but quarterback Tom Brady is already firing on all cylinders. His performance in Saturday night's 30-3 victory over the Arizona Cardinals highlighted the potential explosiveness of the Patriots' offense.

Brady is now 18 of 24 for 173 yards in two exhibition games, and hasn't thrown an interception despite working without his top wide receiver, holdout Deion Branch.

Saturday night, he directed scoring drives that looked like this:

13 plays, 52 yards, 6:29, ending in a field goal.

10 plays, 62 yards, 4:39, ending in a field goal.

15 plays, 86 yards, 8:06, ending in a rushing touchdown.

``We put together a nice drive there to start, which is good," said Brady, who carved up the blitzing Cardinals in a 15-of-20 performance that totaled 149 yards. ``I think we were pretty efficient."

Those marches followed up Brady's air-tight, one-series effort in the exhibition opener at Atlanta, in which he directed a 13-play, 75-yard drive that ate up 7:06 of the clock and ended in Martin Gramatica's 26-yard field goal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/21/patriots_offense_exploding_onto_scene/

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Again who cares its only pre-season. I think the Pats have had some bigger wins in their team history then some meaningless pre-season game.

HometownGal
08-21-2006, 02:23 PM
While I believe Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now, I have to agree with BNGF32 here, hardwork. It's just the preseason. I think we all know what Brady can do and where he's had a big hand in taking that franchise, but it's still just the preseason no matter how you slice it. The Steelers looked pretty lackluster in the preseason last year and look where they went! :bouncy:

I think the fact that the article was written by a writer from the Boston Globe tends to lend a little bias.

That being said, however, I think it's great that you are so supportive of your team! :cool:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 02:28 PM
While I believe Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now, I have to agree with BNGF32 here, hardwork. It's just the preseason. I think we all know what Brady can do and where he's had a big hand in taking that franchise, but it's still just the preseason no matter how you slice it. The Steelers looked pretty lackluster in the preseason last year and look where they went! :bouncy:

I think the fact that the article was written by a writer from the Boston Globe tends to lend a little bias.

That being said, however, I think it's great that you are so supportive of your team! :cool:

I'm all for some fan being supportive of their team. No problem with that. But hardwork has always took shots at Ben and now is bragging about a pre-season win. Sorry but that annoys me.

Reminder to hardwork. The Colts were 0-5 in the pre-season last year. Then went on to win their first 13 games in the season.

BlackNGold203
08-21-2006, 02:32 PM
LOL....he's just baiting us now...LOL....:dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 02:33 PM
LOL....he's just baiting us now...LOL....:dang:

Yea he is but I'm game.

Jeremy
08-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I can't even imagine how fragile someone's ego has to be to post something like that on the website of a team that isn't even your rival.

Duke has a chant for Maryland that works pretty well here....

WE'RE NOT YOUR RIVAL

Livinginthe past
08-21-2006, 04:13 PM

Sage words as usual HTG :smile:

Im also one of those fans who revels in the current unbeaten status of his team this year, in terms of regular season - played none....lost none..unbeaten!

You know something i've noticed?

Boston media certainly doesn't give the Patriots any breaks - you would think they would wouldn't ya?

But it takes very little bad news for the whole media network of that region to throw in the towel - its almost as if they are more comfortable with the glamorous losers of the Red Sox (or how they used to be before the ended the curse) than they they are revelling in the reflected glory of being first on the scene for one of the greatest franchise turn-arounds in NFL history!

Hardwork knows as well as anyone that the real stuff begins when the regular season kicks off - but when all those around you (Boston media) are looking for the slightest chance to stick a fork in the Patriots you have to love a guy with such a positive outlook.

NM

BlackNGold203
08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
To the Boston fans...and NO...I'm not flaming here....

How is everyone reacting to the pasting the Yanks just laid on the Sox?

The reason Im asking is..Im curious if the Sox get more of a free pass than the Pats....

Hawk Believer
08-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Duke has a chant for Maryland that works pretty well here....

WE'RE NOT YOUR RIVAL

That is one thing that would unfortunately apply to my Seahawks. Nobody considers us their hated rival IMO. Partly because we have been so bad or mediocre for so long. And partly because we just got yanked from out AFC roots and thrown into the NFC West a few years back. Part of it is geography because we are about 800 miles from the nearest NFL franchise. Hopefully our improved team as of late will create some more animosity towards us! There is a lot to be said for having a good rivalry.

BTW, I imagine Steeler fans would get pretty fired up about playing the Pats when they were king of the hill over the past years..

hardwork
08-21-2006, 07:23 PM

Ya think, Gal, the fact that it was written by a Globe writer might have something to do with its leaning? Nooooo. >wink<

Anyway, if you all weren't supportive of the Steelers you wouldn't be in here, right? What better place for me to post then in the den of the tiger. Why the hell would I want to post on a Patriots forum? What fun would that be? And why would I want too only rattle the cage of our yearly competitors? We don't want to be like the Dolphins, or the Bills. We want to have a storied and colorful franchise like Pittsburgh's. This is the home of the Celtics, and the Red Sox, and the Bruins. All historic teams. I can remember being about 6 and listening to my grandfather, as he shaved with his straight razor, talk about the great Bruin, Eddie Shore. I can remember my father taking me to my first Red Sox game when I was about 5. We sat in the left field bleachers right above Ted Williams.

Take a chill Steeler fans. Considerate it a compliment that a diehard sports fan from another city is posting in your forum. And enjoy the raspberries I give you. If they weren't irritating what would be the point?