PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with positive tests for Adderall?

BlaZeQuietly
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Adderall seems to be the drug of choice by many football players, many suspenisons have been handed down lately for the drugs use.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/sports/football/adderall-a-drug-of-increased-focus-for-nfl-players.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I can see why it would help, amphetimines makes one incredibly focused. Not just in football but also Carlos Ruiz of the Philadelphia Phillies tested positive and will be serving a suspension.

The rash of player suspensions of adderall (amphetamine salts) not only tells me the drug is being abused, but being abused frequently, adderall has an incredibly short half life which means it is detectable in urine for a very short amount of time. So if this many people are getting caught, just imagine how many are getting away with it. it just boggles my mind to think when I was watching the superbowl, half of the players could have been jacked up on addies, it provides an obvious unfair advantage as anyone who has taken the drug would understand. One symptom is pupil dilation, and I must say, sometimes I cant even see the color in some players eyes.

Bayz101
03-19-2013, 04:11 PM
I called the thread creator before I even opened it.

BlaZeQuietly
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Detective, I admire your jack Nicholson Avatar, he is one of my all time favorite actors, even liked him in "somethings got to give" Great actor, second only to Kevin Spacey :)

Bayz101
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Detective, I admire your jack Nicholson Avatar, he is one of my all time favorite actors, even liked him in "somethings got to give" Great actor, second only to Kevin Spacey :)

and Willem Dafoe. :chuckle:

BlaZeQuietly
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Your avatar is obviously out of the shining, "here's johnny" :) Has anyone here ever seen a movie based on stephen king they didnt like? The Mist? Needful Things? (book was better, always is, plenty of time for those in prison) Anyways yeah, With everyone jacked up on adderall its so unfair, also I could see it causing a heart attack. I think this is a bigger problem than we realize and I predict it will come to a head soon.

MACH1
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/11/10/snow.jpg