PDA

View Full Version : Darren McFadden possibly on trade block

rrage
03-20-2013, 09:48 AM
What would you give for him? I would give a 3rd or possibly a 2nd rounder for him. What do you guys think? IMO he would solve our RB problem but can be injury prone

Steel_Bus_24
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Id rather go with another Arkansas Razorback RB in Knile Davis in the draft....

rrage
03-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Do you think he has the upside to be better than McFadden?

Vis
03-20-2013, 10:04 AM
I think he had a 3.3 YPC last year. I wouldn't give up a high or mid round pick.

steeltheone
03-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Easily worth a 2 pick. I don't his contract status but I'm sure his contract is up soon and the Steelers could not afford him.

Better of with a rookie at this point because he would be around for awhile.

pete74
03-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Wouldn't want him. First off he is injured every single year. He had two good seasons but they were derailed by injuries. He can't stay healthy

Steelers>NFL
03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Wouldn't want him. First off he is injured every single year. He had two good seasons but they were derailed by injuries. He can't stay healthy

Sounds like Big Ben here...

pete74
03-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Sounds like Big Ben here...

LOL

ebsteelers
03-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Easily worth a 2 pick. I don't his contract status but I'm sure his contract is up soon and the Steelers could not afford him.

mcfadden is easily worth a 2nd round pick?

rrage
03-20-2013, 11:08 AM

I see your point and as I said he is injury prone but I think with a good team around him he would be much better. He is good now but I'm not sure if our team is considered better at this time. :doh:

BlaZeQuietly
03-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Id Trade big ben for him, and a 1st rounder

ebsteelers
03-20-2013, 11:46 AM

too bad i be you to it,

i'd trade ben our first round pick for the next 5 years, david decastro, equipment bags, and block sheds for him

pittpete
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM

That would be a bad trade even in fantasy football.
Better get McFaddens backup also in the trade you're going to need him:chuckle:

Steel_Bus_24
03-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Do you think he has the upside to be better than McFadden?

oh yeah....He runs a little nastier....and doesn't let the hit come to him

He had some problems(Compared to 1st few seasons) with fumbles his senior season,and will need to clean that up but I think that had more to do with the overall situation there in Arkansas.....Judging by the combine, he looked fully motivated to take his game to another level

SteelersCanada
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
I'd honestly rather have Le'Veon Bell or Davis than McFadden. As others have said, he's had injury troubles and we need a RB that can be relied on for 16 games. We already have two unreliable RBs and that's why we're in the situation we're in right now.

ebsteelers
03-20-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd honestly rather have Le'Veon Bell or Davis than McFadden. As others have said, he's had injury troubles and we need a RB that can be relied on for 16 games. We already have two unreliable RBs and that's why we're in the situation we're in right now.

also to go with this point, he has miles on him already, and he is gonna come at a higher price than a 3rd or 4th round guy.

Steel_Bus_24
03-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Yep

1a Knile
1b Le'veon

for me

If we could get one of these two guys I would be very happy on draft day

wwhickok
03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Honestly if we got him for a 7th sure...but didnt they just lose Goodsen?

rrage
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Honestly if we got him for a 7th sure...but didnt they just lose Goodsen?

Yes they did but they hardly have any picks if I'm not mistaken.

zshelhamer
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Read the topic title and thought it said Bryant McFadden at first. When I entered the topic and saw talks of trading a second or a third for him I nearly fell out of my chair! :chuckle:

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 07:00 PM
neh - get a home grown guy going I say - don't hate the guy - maybe if we were coming of a SB and lost Dwyer or Redman but too many needs on a "8-8 roster"

Steeldude
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
What would you give for him? I would give a 3rd or possibly a 2nd rounder for him. What do you guys think? IMO he would solve our RB problem but can be injury prone

The problem is the O-line.

No one in their right mind would give more than a 6th rounder for McFadden

pete74
03-20-2013, 07:32 PM
McFadden needs to be in the right system and he can breakout. He needs to split carries and he needs a good offensive line. He was an animal two years ago when he was averaging around 6 ypc until his injury. I don't ever see him making it all 16 games though. He is way to brittle.

NSMaster56
03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
So...

The Steelers have one disappointing season+slow offseason and fans are clamoring for trading for RAIDERS?!

Oh, the humanity!

steeltheone
03-20-2013, 10:14 PM
mcfadden is easily worth a 2nd round pick?

If Sanders is worth a 3 pick.... McFadden is worth a 2 pick.

TheVet
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM

LOL, easily a 2 pick??

austinfrench76
03-20-2013, 11:03 PM
3rd or above. That's all.

jacobo
03-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Fourth or above. I'd like to have him, when he's on, he's one of the best in the league. He has some insane burst and speed, which would complement our backs already on the roster. But I swear he's always injured.

Oh and when he runs refs get so enamored by his speed they don't even see blatant holds, so he can go 60 yards.

Steeler7BR
03-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Without question McFadden is one of the best backs in this league right now. There's no doubt. But we can't afford him. Thats the only thing that would keep me away. Ok he had injury issues but as far as I concern no real injuries that would be a risk in the future so I wouldn't mind.

But really we can't afford him so we can't make a move whatsoever.

tmacsteelerfan
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I'd like to acquire McFadden for Madden purposes.

I don't doubt that he's still got it, but besides the above reason, I think the draft in the long run would be much better for this team.

Fingers crossed for Bell.

steeltheone
03-21-2013, 09:12 AM
He is injury prone but you have not been watching the game very closely not to notice his proven talent when there is any kind of ability around him.

LVSteelersfan
03-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Why people insist that we need to go after injury prone players amazes me. He is not worth an early pick. Plain and simple. Next overhyped, never really going to be a Steeler please. Why don't we run out and get Urlacher? I hear he is available.

ebsteelers
03-22-2013, 09:10 AM
If Sanders is worth a 3 pick.... McFadden is worth a 2 pick.

sanders is worth a 3rd cause of the way the RFA compensation was structured.

how is he worth a 2nd round pick?

glad your not the gm, you can get solid HEALTHY players in the 2nd round. not some guy who cant stay on the field.. The playing lives of running backers are already short, and on to it a guy who cant stay on the field???

Dont we have enough injuried guys already?

defence
03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Isn't this the guy who ran all over the steelers number one defence last year? Forgive me here. I'm trying to figure alot of you guys out here. You bash the organization for there lack of doing anything during free agency. Then there is "RUMOUR" that they may be interested in a very talented back; but he doesn't fit the criteria or approval of this board. Guys; it's March and I know it was a very bad year for most people. But let's just sit back and let these guys run our team and have some faith in what they do. Heck; from the little bit I have seen from Mcfadden; he looks great. He's not old!! He's an instant starter if we get him and the front office can build up other MANY needed positions in the draft. That's my opinion; but whatever the Steelers do; I know there is a plan in place and they have been working this way for many years. Let's support them!!:drink:

Steeler7BR
03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Isn't this the guy who ran all over the steelers number one defence last year? Forgive me here. I'm trying to figure alot of you guys out here. You bash the organization for there lack of doing anything during free agency. Then there is "RUMOUR" that they may be interested in a very talented back; but he doesn't fit the criteria or approval of this board. Guys; it's March and I know it was a very bad year for most people. But let's just sit back and let these guys run our team and have some faith in what they do. Heck; from the little bit I have seen from Mcfadden; he looks great. He's not old!! He's an instant starter if we get him and the front office can build up other MANY needed positions in the draft. That's my opinion; but whatever the Steelers do; I know there is a plan in place and they have been working this way for many years. Let's support them!!:drink:

That McFadden is not worth a 2nd rounder is just ludacris everybody knows that but with not looking at the stats I think we got McFadden in pretty good control most of the game. He just had that huge TD run I think.

rrage
03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
IMO McFadden is easily worth a 3rd rounder. I know many peeps on this board just point to stats but he can do it all n has done quite well even though he's been their only offense. I just think what he can accomplish when he's not targeted on every play because the defense has other weapons to worry about.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Maybe a 3rd round pick for him. I'd def trade a 4th and up. Honestly though, if we get a better tackle on oline or left guard I don't think we need a new or better RB. Our stable was working with zero holes the last 6 years, a merry go round inconsistent, can't get into rhythm starting RB last season. It been a complete fucking horror show ever since Tomlin came to town. If we get a competitive running game going (new left guard) we can easily easily control the TOP even better than years past and I believe we can avg. 4+ yards a carry with Redman and or Dwyer. I'm still an advocate of moving Pouncey to LG and having Legs at C and DD at RG. I'd give this an honest shot through the preseason.(one thing I love about bill belichick, is he ain't afraid to try. ll the respect in the world for thinking outside the tackle box.) I also preffer Starks at LT over the two left footed idiots we drafted to fill our tackle positions. If we get a nice running game going this season, and it's the only thing we improve on then I will be a happy Steelers fan. It will only open up our pass game more, and improve our Red Zone scoring % a few digits. It will keep Ben off his back more and who knows maybe save his career. Ben can easily become the next Joe Namath and none of us want that.