PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of reading this!!!

desertsteel
03-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Over and over I keep reading that we lost 3 key starters, one of which is Mendenhall. It's like a copy/paste. Did these writers not watch the 2012 season?! He played in 6 games. Six games!!! How many did he start, one? He was NOT a key starter!

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 01:56 PM
my latest reaction to Dulac

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34893523.jpg

MACH1
03-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Over and over I keep reading that we lost 3 key starters, one of which is Mendenhall. It's like a copy/paste. Did these writers not watch the 2012 season?! He played in 6 games. Six games!!! How many did he start, one? He was NOT a key starter!

Your tired of hearing it so you felt compelled to start a whole new thread about it? :doh:

stb_steeler
03-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Your tired of hearing it so you felt compelled to start a whole new thread about it? :doh:

This goes right up there with the Steelers should pick up every free agent thread.

lloydwoodson
03-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Yeah and the running game without Mendenhall was terrific! Dwyer should have been in the Probowl! Nothing to worry about in the running game whatsoever! Steelers definitely better not draft a running back! We already have stud running backs! The Steelers running game is clearly not an issue!

desertsteel
03-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Yeah what's wrong with that? I'm tired of hearing that he was a key starter. Did I call him a key starter? Did you comprehend my point? I don't think so.

desertsteel
03-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah and the running game without Mendenhall was terrific! Dwyer should have been in the Probowl! Nothing to worry about in the running game whatsoever! Steelers definitely better not draft a running back! We already have stud running backs! The Steelers running game is clearly not an issue!

They all suck. Including RM.

lloydwoodson
03-20-2013, 02:41 PM
They all suck. Including RM.

Then I guess RB is a need and it's a good thing posters are on the ball. I hope Artie the Meddlesome Owner reads these forums and learns the necessity of drafting a RB early this year :chuckle:

Blacksburg Zach
03-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Then I guess RB is a need and it's a good thing posters are on the ball. I hope Artie the Meddlesome Owner reads these forums and learns the necessity of drafting a RB early this year :chuckle:

Artie the Meddlesome Owner needs to realize that the running game is unnecessary in today's NFL and the Steelers would win every game if they would promote Ben to offensive coordinator and let him throw every down. :chuckle:

GoFor7
03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Artie the Meddlesome Owner needs to realize that the running game is unnecessary in today's NFL and the Steelers would win every game if they would promote Ben to offensive coordinator and let him throw every down. :chuckle:

That'd be better than Artie/Haley running the offense. :noidea:

SkipBayless69
03-20-2013, 02:57 PM
That'd be better than Artie/Haley running the offense. :noidea:

I, Skip Bayless, could not agree with you more! Roethlisberger is the greatest NFL quarterback since Tim Tebow. The Steelers constantly handcuff Ben and don't let him win games in the first half. The Steelers play "Marty ball" to not lose rather than to win unlike the other 31 teams in the league who actually try to score! Get with the program Mike Tomlin! Let Roethlisberger unleash hell this September! Throw, throw, throw some more! Being a 60% pass team is not nearly enough!

Unfortunately for GoFor7 if I, Skip Bayless, agree with him it is a mathematical certainty that he is wrong... dead wrong.

Steelers>NFL
03-20-2013, 03:28 PM
If Ben threw alot more than he already is or has been, then he will miss at least 8 games every year from taking too many unnecessary hits from him holding the ball tooooooooo lonnnggggggg!

GoFor7
03-20-2013, 03:42 PM
If Ben threw alot more than he already is or has been, then he will miss at least 8 games every year from taking too many unnecessary hits from him holding the ball tooooooooo lonnnggggggg!

Or maybe the offensive line needs to play to its pedigree.

Playing it safe might increase the chances of keeping Ben healthy, but that won't do a whole lot of good when you're 7-9 and out of the playoffs. If you want rewarded, you have to take risks. No one ever won anything playing scared football.

And Skip, tell Stephen A. there are no ties in hockey!

pczach
03-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Wow. This thread went downhill in a hurry.

Oh, I'm sorry....proceed.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 04:06 PM
or maybe the 5-3 Steelers should have stayed healthy - everything else is bullshit, especially talk of pedigree, playing scared, coaches, ownership, personnel decisions, scheme etc,etc and on down the line

Once again, GoFor7 avoids the fact that he had nothing to say at the 5-3 mark heading into the Chiefs game.

lookitthaaat32
03-20-2013, 04:38 PM
the O line was in constant rollover last year. At one point they had Pouncey at guard. The run game was hit and miss the whole year. The recievers got hurt so much, they called up Plax and gave him a part time job till the end of the season. They brought in a new O cord which put in a whole new scheme. Not only did Ben have to learn, the whole offense had to learn a new scheme.

With that said...The whole offensive strategy sucks. Play just good enough to 'not lose', keep it close and get the ball last. Get up by 7 and go to the non-existent running game, keep the ball from the other offense. Check out Seattle's strategy for the last few games or New England's. Pound on them, run up the score so they can't come back and turn your defense loose when they try. Start playing 'to win' instead of being 'in the game to the end.

pczach
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I, Skip Bayless, could not agree with you more! Roethlisberger is the greatest NFL quarterback since Tim Tebow. The Steelers constantly handcuff Ben and don't let him win games in the first half. The Steelers play "Marty ball" to not lose rather than to win unlike the other 31 teams in the league who actually try to score! Get with the program Mike Tomlin! Let Roethlisberger unleash hell this September! Throw, throw, throw some more! Being a 60% pass team is not nearly enough!

Unfortunately for GoFor7 if I, Skip Bayless, agree with him it is a mathematical certainty that he is wrong... dead wrong.

I have to admit....that's funny!:sofunny:

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 05:21 PM
the O line was in constant rollover last year. At one point they had Pouncey at guard. The run game was hit and miss the whole year. The recievers got hurt so much, they called up Plax and gave him a part time job till the end of the season. They brought in a new O cord which put in a whole new scheme. Not only did Ben have to learn, the whole offense had to learn a new scheme.

With that said...The whole offensive strategy sucks. Play just good enough to 'not lose', keep it close and get the ball last. Get up by 7 and go to the non-existent running game, keep the ball from the other offense. Check out Seattle's strategy for the last few games or New England's. Pound on them, run up the score so they can't come back and turn your defense loose when they try. Start playing 'to win' instead of being 'in the game to the end.

except when you're a defensive minded team you don't have players on offense that have the killer instinct - there's been way too much reliance on the defense and not enough ownership by offensive personnel at WR, RB and QB. Baby steps - they're not going to become a top 10 offense overnight - especially when people are injured. I keep hearin that the scheme is crap but what else do you want instead? Arians schemes sure didn't work either.

pczach
03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
except when you're a defensive minded team you don't have players on offense that have the killer instinct - there's been way too much reliance on the defense and not enough ownership by offensive personnel at WR, RB and QB. Baby steps - they're not going to become a top 10 offense overnight - especially when people are injured. I keep hearin that the scheme is crap but what else do you want instead? Arians schemes sure didn't work either.

Maybe there's not enough ownership by offensive personnel, but maybe the real ownership and GM need to spend a greater percentage of the team's money on the offensive side of the ball. You can't say they're 70% of the problem when they only get 40% of the money. Just sayin'.

harrison'samonster
03-20-2013, 06:00 PM

I agree with the first part. But I disagree with the second, because if your team is injured to the point we were, it's going to affect your strategy.

harrison'samonster
03-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Maybe there's not enough ownership by offensive personnel, but maybe the real ownership and GM need to spend a greater percentage of the team's money on the offensive side of the ball. You can't say they're 70% of the problem when they only get 40% of the money. Just sayin'.

a big reason the Offensive side isn't paid as much is because they are younger players for the most part and still on rookie contracts. Injuries have more to do with the O's problems than money in my opinion.

Bayz101
03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Skip Bayless is on SF?

Fuck.

Galax Steeler
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Skip Bayless is on SF?

Fuck.

:toofunny:

SkipBayless69
03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Skip Bayless is on SF?

Fuck.

That's right, Skip is here. Now that Skip is here there is no room for profanity. None.

Everything you do at any moment of the day He is watching you. You should refrain from using profanity because He knows what is in your heart.

And by "He" I of course mean Tim Tebow.

Tebow is going to join the Steelers, run the read-option better than any man, woman or child on this earth could do, and lead the Steelers to their 7th Superbowl! If you don't believe in Tebow measure his immeasurables! They are off the chart!

teegre
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Next thing you know, we'll be seeign Skip Bayless on here, debating against Stephen A. Smith.

(Come on, Lloydwoodson... do it...)

pczach
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
a big reason the Offensive side isn't paid as much is because they are younger players for the most part and still on rookie contracts. Injuries have more to do with the O's problems than money in my opinion.

This isn't a recent anomaly. This seems to be the norm for the Steelers in the era of free agency. They put the majority of the money into the defense. This is not because of rookie contracts. They've had the same defense leaning wage dispersion for quite a while.

I'm not arguing your point about injuries to the OL. I just think it's a philosophy within the organization. With all the recent rule changes, the philosophy may have to be tweaked.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 07:10 PM

tell that to the Patriots - just saying - they don't shell out for play makers on offense outside of 1 WR (Welker, etc) and manage to score a lot consistently - sometimes its just players - not seeing how spending percentages on a side of a ball equals offensive succes

i might not 100% agree with the spending part, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see some better decisions on the O side of the ball - no one since Ben, Heath, and Brown (and many would argue Brown's work is incomplete) stands out as helping to take this O to the next level. Mendy and Wallace were blips on the radar and Manny is a career #3 guy. I think there are leadership personalities on the O-line but they can only keep our playmakers upright. Brown needs to emerge as a leader and I'm concerned about him getting constant attention now. We have had squat at RB since Willie Parker in 2007.

Buddha Bus
03-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Next thing you know, we'll be seeign Skip Bayless on here, debating against Stephen A. Smith.

Or getting flat out verbally skull-fucked by Richard Sherman.

steelfury02
03-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm NOT getting tired of reading this:

unofficial but going to happen: Reed to Texans. Ravens take another hit.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152356/article/ed-reed-says-he-plans-to-join-houston-texans

Blacksburg Zach
03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm NOT getting tired of reading this:

unofficial but going to happen: Reed to Texans. Ravens take another hit.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152356/article/ed-reed-says-he-plans-to-join-houston-texans

It doesn't matter how many players leave the Ravens. The mighty Ozzie Newsome will replace them all with better players instantly. In Oz the Ravens trust! :bowdown:

Buddha Bus
03-20-2013, 07:29 PM
It doesn't matter how many players leave the Ravens. The mighty Ozzie Newsome will replace them all with better players instantly. In Oz the Ravens trust! :bowdown:

http://red-pill.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sheeple3.jpg

steeltheone
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM

I don't think they ever intended to sign Reed for any kind of money.

lookitthaaat32
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM

I agree wit ya man..Im just venting lol. Its just frustrating that the steelers can never win comfortably. I watch every game with my dad..Its funny cuz my mom at some point would be like "you guys need another beer? But at that point me and the old man cant even have a beer. We are too worked up at the time to even enjoy 1. Just once I would like to actually finish a 6 pack with my dad during the game then finish it after the steelers pull out a last second victory haha.

harrison'samonster
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
I agree wit ya man..Im just venting lol. Its just frustrating that the steelers can never win comfortably. I watch every game with my dad..Its funny cuz my mom at some point would be like "you guys need another beer? But at that point me and the old man cant even have a beer. We are too worked up at the time to even enjoy 1. Just once I would like to actually finish a 6 pack with my dad during the game then finish it after the steelers pull out a last second victory haha.

:rofl: I hear ya

steelfury02
03-21-2013, 05:03 PM
yea - can't remember the last Steelers blowout. Anyone? was it the Raiders game where Ben was whacked in the face

Buddha Bus
03-21-2013, 05:06 PM
yea - can't remember the last Steelers blowout. Anyone? was it the Raiders game where Ben was whacked in the face

I think it may have been back when they were still wearing leather helmets.

steelfury02
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I think it may have been back when they were still wearing leather helmets.

its the defenses fault for not forcing enough turnovers:facepalm:

Buddha Bus
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
its the defenses fault for not forcing enough turnovers:facepalm:

It's Tomlin's fault for not utilizing the potential of Cowher's player better! :rant:

Blacksburg Zach
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM

The last one I remember was in 2011 when the Steelers beat the Bengals 35-7.

steelfury02
03-21-2013, 05:30 PM
It's Tomlin's fault for not utilizing the potential of Cowher's player better! :rant:

no, its Steely McShart's fault

Blacksburg Zach
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
no, its Steely McShart's fault

False, it's Art Rooney Sr.'s fault for having founded the Pittsburgh Pirates football team back in 1933, causing frustration for supporters of his team over the past 80 years.

Buddha Bus
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
False, it's Art Rooney Sr.'s fault for having founded the Pittsburgh Pirates football team back in 1933, causing frustration for supporters of his team over the past 80 years.

Art Sr.'s parents are the real problem here. If it weren't for cheap booze and young raging hormones we wouldn't be in this mess.

steelfury02
03-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Art Sr.'s parents are the real problem here. If it weren't for cheap booze and young raging hormones we wouldn't be in this mess.

and THIS man is the supplier of said cheap booze
http://filmsplusmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/071508_bwilliams1_445x580.jpg

wootawnee
03-21-2013, 11:04 PM

BURRRRRRRRRN...!!!! :thumbsup:

Hawaii 5-0
03-21-2013, 11:16 PM

great point! :sofunny:

lookitthaaat32
03-22-2013, 02:19 AM
The last one I remember was in 2011 when the Steelers beat the Bengals 35-7.

yessssirrr..I was actually at that game. Mike Wallace caught two touchdown passes and Rashard Mendenhall ran for two scores. James Harrison also beasted that game and sacked Andy Dalton three times. But im gonna miss James and his old school mentality the most.

Blacksburg Zach
03-22-2013, 08:21 AM
yessssirrr..I was actually at that game. Mike Wallace caught two touchdown passes and Rashard Mendenhall ran for two scores. James Harrison also beasted that game and sacked Andy Dalton three times. But im gonna miss James and his old school mentality the most.

Not only that, but Antonio Brown returned a punt for a touchdown that was, for once, not called back by holding or illegal block in the back.

jiminpa
03-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Not only that, but Antonio Brown returned a punt for a touchdown that was, for once, not called back by holding or illegal block in the back.I'll bet Tomlin really did unleash Hell on someone for that one.

Buddha Bus
03-23-2013, 07:06 AM
I'll bet Tomlin really did unleash Hell on someone for that one.

He threatened to..... but then he laid down and did nothing afterwards. :wink02:

austinfrench76
03-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I believe it is copy and paste. Good point.

Justp94
03-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Injuries... he was our best back and was a big loss this free agency, are you too blind to see that? One bad year because of injuries doesn't make him a bad running back.

TheVet
03-25-2013, 04:12 AM
Injuries... he was our best back and was a big loss this free agency, are you too blind to see that? One bad year because of injuries doesn't make him a bad running back.

No need to be rude to a member who is seeing things very clearly. Mendenhall was already our #2 back before the injury, and finished at #3 after his comeback. We upgraded our team by letting him go; some players are actually net negative when they bring a bad attitude to the locker room.

lloydwoodson
03-25-2013, 04:20 AM
No need to be rude to a member who is seeing things very clearly. Mendenhall was already our #2 back before the injury, and finished at #3 after his comeback. We upgraded our team by letting him go; some players are actually net negative when they bring a bad attitude to the locker room.

Nope. P94 is right. Mendenhall is a big loss. There is no way Mendenhall was slated to backup Redman or Dwyer. P94 keep saying what youre saying because they arent getting it.

It is not losing Mendenhall that hurts it is having to replace Mendenhall that hurts.

How do you get a back of Mendenhall's caliber? You can draft one in the first round, pay huge money for a free agent, or draft a 5th rounder every year for ten years until the gem in the rough shows up.

Or maybe just resign Mendenhall in 2014-15 after his 1 year stint with the Cards is over.