PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs shopping LT Branden Albert

pczach
03-23-2013, 09:54 AM
NFL Network reporting Kansas City may be shopping Pro Bowl LT Branden Albert. They also report they may be looking for a 2nd round pick for him. Probably can't afford him without jettisoning another player, but interesting.

pete74
03-23-2013, 10:07 AM
I remember wanting him when he was drafted. Most thought he would play as a guard in the NFL.

pczach
03-23-2013, 10:14 AM
What a monster this guy turned out to be. Imagine him joining our line. Talk about going from the outhouse to the penthouse in just 1 year. With our young guys healthy, and a guy like this as the rock on the left side, our offensive line will be young and powerful instantly. Just add water...instant running game!:helmet:

Steel_Bus_24
03-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Hes scheduled to make $9.828 million this season

Fire Haley
03-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Just add water...instant running game!:helmet:

just add water and $60M for his contract, yeah

VaDave
03-23-2013, 10:24 AM
About as much chance as snowball in the Sahara.....

pczach
03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Hes scheduled to make $9.828 million this season

I know. That's why I stated in my original post that they would have to cut someone like Keisel or another high salary, high profile player to make room for him.

67 calsteel
03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
The chiefs want a 2nd this year and a pick next year.Make the trade on condition of us signing him to long term deal.
Yes he has a 9.8 million cap number but i believe that is only with KC once he is trade the franchise tag expires.

Last year his cap number 3.1million.
offer 6 year 60 with 24 million signing bonus.
first year 5 million cap (1 million base plus 4 million signing bonus)

Where do we get money for 1st year.Currently we are 2.7 million under cap.
The answer Health Miller.
Pay cut 3 million. Since he will most likely be out til late november,early december.Why pay him his full salary

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2013, 11:23 AM
not happening....move along, nothing to see here.

pete74
03-23-2013, 11:35 AM
It definitely won't happen but it's still fun to discuss. We can't afford him especially with Pouncey probably wanting to be the highest paid center after this season.
With that said we would have one of the top lines in the NFL if we signed Albert. We would be sick with him at LT then a contest between Gilbert and Adams for the right side. Maybe even try the losers of the contest against Foster for guard.

Ricco Suavez
03-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Every once in a while I like to stop by the Ferrari dealership and dream, same scenario as this.

austinfrench76
03-23-2013, 02:01 PM
He would be better than any other 2nd rounder than we would have this or next year but the contract is obviously the issue. I agree, good conversation. Unlike the over 25 other threads about who we are "Interested" in. Bradshaw, Jackson, Freeney, Long, Bin Laden, ya know. All the usual.

Steelers5895
03-23-2013, 02:06 PM
i dont see the line as a pressing need to have to make 20 moves to fit him under the cap.

now, if it was an ILB or WR id say go for it.

give this line a chance. we all know starks will be resigned

pczach
03-24-2013, 08:27 AM
i dont see the line as a pressing need to have to make 20 moves to fit him under the cap.

now, if it was an ILB or WR id say go for it.

give this line a chance. we all know starks will be resigned

Do we really know that? I've been saying all along that Starks deserves to be here with his play over the last few years, but I've heard nothing about him negotiating with the team. What if he's not part of the plan? I know the Steelers don't sign big money free agents or trades, but this has to be a dream player for a team that wants to run the ball. I still don't think it will happen, but this is exactly the player that could accomplish the stated goal of this team.