PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison open to return

desertsteel
03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Just got an alert on my iphone that his agent said he's open to returning to the Steelers... I guess that's what ZERO INTEREST from other teams will do for you :D

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
you had your chance james and you said F you to the team and the fans. time to move on.

austinfrench76
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I would love James back. However; his legacy is tainted to me in regards to his word. I used to think he was this bad ass that meant every word that he said. Then he gets released and starts talking about playing for the Ravens and the Patriots??? That was awful.

Hawaii 5-0
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't think the Steelers will do anything until after the draft...

Steeler7BR
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Finally I thought good moments in FA wouldn't come anymore. Sweet we get James back, don't think he has any other good offers on the table I think we will get him back.

@sloppyjoe Of course it's absolutly bull shit if somebody says that James has no credit here anymore. If we now start to turn on the players that spend basicly all their career in Pittsbrugh it would be a shame. Even if he signed with Baltimore HE is a steeler for life and we can be happy to have him. I mean I would be ashamed if steelernation would turn on their old players now because that is an absolut disgrace to do that. I even think WE treated James not the way we should have or rather the front office so the discussion is unnecessary in the first place.

desertsteel
03-25-2013, 04:13 PM
you had your chance james and you said F you to the team and the fans. time to move on.

If your boss told you that you had to take a 30% pay cut and you thought there were 31 other companies waiting to hire you, you would walk away too.

JH is a Steeler in his heart and I'd be proud to welcome him home (at fair value).

Steeldude
03-25-2013, 04:13 PM
You can't blame him for wanting the money they signed him to.

I hope he does come back. As of now we have no one the roster who can play ROLB

ebsteelers
03-25-2013, 04:14 PM
1 year vet minimum with big incentives?

win the super bowl ride off in the sun set

Buddha Bus
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm ecstatic that James is now interested in returning, situation be damned. I haven't seen enough from Worilds to make me feel comfortable turning the reins over to him yet, we don't have much money to land a decent free agent on the market, and a rookie will probably have to be eased in slowly.

This is great news as we get what we already had back at a discount and he's now healthy. He will also be on a mission to prove the doubters and other teams wrong. An angry Harrison is going to be a motivated and dangerous Harrison.

Colt McCoy had better hope he doesn't end up on the field against the Steelers somehow this season. He may need to reserve a cemetery plot. :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Of course since the Steelers have moved on and adjusted their budget accordingly it is likely Silverback would be brought back for less than he was offered previously.

Pride probably prevents Harrison from taking that deal but those are the consequences of having an inflated view of your value

harrison'samonster
03-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Colt McCoy had better hope he doesn't end up on the field against the Steelers somehow this season. He may need to reserve a cemetery plot. :chuckle:

:rofl:

I'd also love to see Harrison back, especially if it's at a big discount. I don't know about Worilds either, but one way or another I'd like to find out this year if he'll be the guy we need or not.

Buddha Bus
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
:rofl:

I'd also love to see Harrison back, especially if it's at a big discount. I don't know about Worilds either, but one way or another I'd like to find out this year if he'll be the guy we need or not.

I'm sure Worilds will get his fair share of opportunities this season as the Steelers realize they need to find out what he has and the fact that Harrison and/or Woodley are bound to miss some time to injury considering their histories.

It's just nice to know we won't be forced out of necessity to continue playing Worilds if he can't measure up or that we have more depth if he gets injured, which has also been a problem.

I'm still all for drafting a higher round LB this year to groom, but now we have some leeway and options.

steeltheone
03-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Harrison has no leverage what so ever now. He rolled the dice and lost.

He will play somewhere in 13' just not for what he expected.

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
If your boss told you that you had to take a 30% pay cut and you thought there were 31 other companies waiting to hire you, you would walk away too.

JH is a Steeler in his heart and I'd be proud to welcome him home (at fair value).

you might be right but i wouldnt play the 'i really wanna stay but they are forcing me out BS'. BUT if i knew i could earn my 30% back by simply doing my job, i would stay.

OX1947
03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I do not know why some of you are so harsh on a guy who wanted to test the market. Ed Reed did it, why is it ok for him and not James. James at least busts his rear end and plays hard every play and epitomizes every ounce of a Steelers you can. The man had back surgery for god sakes and came back and had a 70 tackles and 6 sacks with no one else making big plays to help give him more opportunity to make plays one on one.

I would welcome him back without hesitation and no ill will. Why is it ok for a team to complete drop a player like a used newspaper, but players can assume the are still worth something. Come on.

Hawaii 5-0
03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
I would welcome him back without hesitation and no ill will.

me too, this is a business and it's a mistake to take things like this personally.

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I do not know why some of you are so harsh on a guy who wanted to test the market. Ed Reed did it, why is it ok for him and not James. James at least busts his rear end and plays hard every play and epitomizes every ounce of a Steelers you can. The man had back surgery for god sakes and came back and had a 70 tackles and 6 sacks with no one else making big plays to help give him more opportunity to make plays one on one.

I would welcome him back without hesitation and no ill will. Why is it ok for a team to complete drop a player like a used newspaper, but players can assume the are still worth something. Come on.

harrison put himself before the team. he has the right to do that. the team now has the right to look out for itself. if harrison comes back, the steelers should think of themselves first and offer him a league minimum contract. i would take him back at that price...........

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 05:01 PM
harrison would be holding ALL the cards if he decided not to take off the summer, preseason ans start of regular season last year.................hope he enjoyed his mini vacation

teegre
03-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Woodson refused to switch to FS; he swore that he could still play CB; and, he rolled the dice... and failed in SF.

Alas, the bridge was burned, and he went on to two SuperBowls as a FS... for two other teams.

Fast-forward:

Harrison refused to take a pay cut; he swore that he could still play for that salary; and, he rolled the dice... and failed in as a FA.

Let's hope that history doesn't repeat itself.

In other words, if both sides can get over his dismissal/his refusal to take a pay cut... he'd be a good option at OLB for one final season. He was coming on strong at the end, and not that his knee is healed, I think that he's got one final Pro-Bowl level season left on the tank.

OX1947
03-25-2013, 05:03 PM
harrison put himself before the team. he has the right to do that. the team now has the right to look out for itself. if harrison comes back, the steelers should think of themselves first and offer him a league minimum contract. i would take him back at that price...........

Harrison is worth the offer the Steelers gave him. And I am sure they knew this would happen.

desertsteel
03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
you might be right but i wouldnt play the 'i really wanna stay but they are forcing me out BS'. BUT if i knew i could earn my 30% back by simply doing my job, i would stay.
And how exactly was he going to "earn his 30% back by doing his job?" I never read anything about incentives that would take him back to his original pay. Can you post that link?

Atlanta Dan
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
And how exactly was he going to "earn his 30% back by doing his job?" I never read anything about incentives that would take him back to his original pay. Can you post that link?

Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison announced his release today on Twitter after, according to reports, declining a 30 percent pay cut with incentives that would have allowed him to earn all that money back.

http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/item/36043-harrison-released

Steeler7BR
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM

Very well said. Can only agree with you here. Plus like you said James played very well for us. Everybody who says right now 'we should wait on him and only pay him minimum' ok thats fair BUT let me say this if we don't get James back in 2013 we will be struggeling way more then you all think. He had a great year for us even though he wasn't even 100% and I don't see us getting anybody who can carry his load.

He was awesome vs. the run and there is nobody in the draft who is in the discussion who could play that well against the run. There are certainly players that could be better pass rushers because he struggled a little in pass rush last year but let me remind you he had arthroscopic knee surgery right before the season. He wasn't 100%! I think he will be better in pass rush this year and could have another 9-12 sack year if he plays all 16 games.

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison announced his release today on Twitter after, according to reports, declining a 30 percent pay cut with incentives that would have allowed him to earn all that money back.

http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/item/36043-harrison-released

thanks.
i thought that was pretty common knowledge to any fan that remotely followed the team

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Very well said. Can only agree with you here. Plus like you said James played very well for us. Everybody who says right now 'we should wait on him and only pay him minimum' ok thats fair BUT let me say this if we don't get James back in 2013 we will be struggeling way more then you all think. He had a great year for us even though he wasn't even 100% and I don't see us getting anybody who can carry his load.

He was awesome vs. the run and there is nobody in the draft who is in the discussion who could play that well against the run. There are certainly players that could be better pass rushers because he struggled a little in pass rush last year but let me remind you he had arthroscopic knee surgery right before the season. He wasn't 100%! I think he will be better in pass rush this year and could have another 9-12 sack year if he plays all 16 games.

yup, if he didnt decide to take the super long vacation and not take care of the knee until just befote the season he could have played the whole year, put up great numbers and commanded big FA money.

so this year james decides he doesnt want to have to give 100% to earn back that other 30% so he walked away.

zshelhamer
03-25-2013, 05:36 PM
I would love to have Harrison back to rotate in with Worilds/whoever we draft. We need to get the younger guys some reps so we know what we have with them, but at the same time having a motivated Harrison is a very enticing thought!

ETL
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't mind Harrison back. His comments about Ravens and Patriots do not bother me one bit. If we offered him a contract he must have had some perceived value to us so bringing him back would be welcomed.

HOWEVER, business is business and many people who are lobbying for Harrison is saying that it was ok for him to shop himself because its business.

With that said, BEFORE Harrison tested the market, the price was set by the Steelers offer which he turned down. Now both the Steelers and Harrison have NEW INFORMATION with which to set a price. Harrison thought the price should have been higher than what was offered. He was wrong and so were the Steelers. The price is lower.

There is no reason that the Steelers offer should be construed as Harrison's salary insurance policy and the salary floor with which he could shop around for a higher salary.

I want Harrison back but a cap strapped Steelers do not need to over pay for him. We need our team better in multiple area. We are in no position to give out money for sentimental reasons.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
I dunno if I'd like him to come back. Nothing against him personally and I have zero problem with him testing the market or saying he was interested in the Ravens or Patriots. But really, a humbled James Harrison? A humbled James Harrison playing for veterans minimum? I don't think his heart will be in it. And sadly, his heart is basically all he has left to offer.

bornaSteelersfan
03-25-2013, 05:58 PM
I dunno if I'd like him to come back. Nothing against him personally and I have zero problem with him testing the market or saying he was interested in the Ravens or Patriots. But really, a humbled James Harrison? A humbled James Harrison playing for veterans minimum? I don't think his heart will be in it. And sadly, his heart is basically all he has left to offer.

James Harrison didn't play with heart so that will never be a problem. He played with anger, rage, and a desire to hurt people. I think he should get a low one-year contract and then see if there is interest after another season. He didn't get the surgery he should have gotten last off-season so he wasn't in shape until the end of the year. Worilds is better on the left side and may be the replacement for Woodley (if he doesn't get in shape). We do not have a replacement for Harrison, yet.

I also agree that he will probably get picked up after the draft. If someone like Dion Jordan drops to us, there is no way we resign James.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
03-25-2013, 06:05 PM
James Harrison didn't play with heart so that will never be a problem. He played with anger, rage, and a desire to hurt people. I think he should get a low one-year contract and then see if there is interest after another season. He didn't get the surgery he should have gotten last off-season so he wasn't in shape until the end of the year. Worilds is better on the left side and may be the replacement for Woodley (if he doesn't get in shape). We do not have a replacement for Harrison, yet.

I also agree that he will probably get picked up after the draft. If someone like Dion Jordan drops to us, there is no way we resign James.

Well when I say "heart" I really mean "intangible stuff you can't measure." And I guess anger, rage, and desire to hurt people are immeasurable stuff too. But my point is all the heart, anger, rage or whatever doesn't help when your skills have eroded. And his obviously have if nobody is interested. He's perennial all-pro, former defensive player of the year, quasi Super Bowl MVP, and nobody's interested? Something must be up.

Steeler7BR
03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
yup, if he didnt decide to take the super long vacation and not take care of the knee until just befote the season he could have played the whole year, put up great numbers and commanded big FA money.

so this year james decides he doesnt want to have to give 100% to earn back that other 30% so he walked away.

Pls you don't know what you're even talking about.

'yup, if he didnt decide to take the super long vacation and not take care of the knee until just befote the season he could have played the whole year,'

Thats bull shit first of all James was taking great care of himself in the off season working out in Arizona for six weeks in a very hard off season training and those desicions like a knee surgery are always decided mostly by a doctors judgement. They came up together with the desicion that no surgery will be made in the off season and then right before pre season as they came together and James still had knee problems they couldn't avoid surgery anymore so he had to do it then. This wasn't the fault of James when you wanna give somebody a fault here it was the doctors misjudgment maybe or the wrong advise for therapie in the off season but not a bad or wrong decision by James. I mean he doesn't have the knowledge to judge this kind of stuff. The doctor maybe gave him the option for sugery but he definitly not said that he has to do it and he couldn't avoid it in the future anyway.

So pls man turn it down a notch here and stop talking so much nonsence.

teegre
03-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Why would he have had surgery prior to June 1st?

His salary is not guaranteed. And thus, if the surgery had gone badly (or the rehab was slower than expected), then the Steelers could have cut him & he would have lost a paycheck.

If his salary was indeed guaranteed, then YES, he should have had the surgery ASAP after last season. But, simply, those are the dynamics of the NFL's system. I do not blame the players for doign what they have to do, in order to keep from losing the money that they agreed to play for... that can be taken away at any time by the owners.

teegre
03-25-2013, 06:56 PM

James Harrison's heart just got fined by Goodell for beating too strongly.

Hawaii 5-0
03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
James Harrison's heart just got fined by Goodell for beating too strongly.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24393435.jpg

zcoop
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
I would love James back. However; his legacy is tainted to me in regards to his word. I used to think he was this bad ass that meant every word that he said. Then he gets released and starts talking about playing for the Ravens and the Patriots??? That was awful.

That was strictly business playa, the way that game goes.

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Pls you don't know what you're even talking about.

'yup, if he didnt decide to take the super long vacation and not take care of the knee until just befote the season he could have played the whole year,'

Thats bull shit first of all James was taking great care of himself in the off season working out in Arizona for six weeks in a very hard off season training and those desicions like a knee surgery are always decided mostly by a doctors judgement. They came up together with the desicion that no surgery will be made in the off season and then right before pre season as they came together and James still had knee problems they couldn't avoid surgery anymore so he had to do it then. This wasn't the fault of James when you wanna give somebody a fault here it was the doctors misjudgment maybe or the wrong advise for therapie in the off season but not a bad or wrong decision by James. I mean he doesn't have the knowledge to judge this kind of stuff. The doctor maybe gave him the option for sugery but he definitly not said that he has to do it and he couldn't avoid it in the future anyway.

So pls man turn it down a notch here and stop talking so much nonsence.

talk about nonsense:rofl:

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 08:08 PM
]Why would he have had surgery prior to June 1st? [/B]
His salary is not guaranteed. And thus, if the surgery had gone badly (or the rehab was slower than expected), then the Steelers could have cut him & he would have lost a paycheck.

If his salary was indeed guaranteed, then YES, he should have had the surgery ASAP after last season. But, simply, those are the dynamics of the NFL's system. I do not blame the players for doign what they have to do, in order to keep from losing the money that they agreed to play for... that can be taken away at any time by the owners.

you're exactly right. why would he gamble and lose out on the roster bonus. he chose to delay the surgery to get the paycheck(although i think an injury settlement would come into play). by doing so it hurt the team. it also ultimately hurt him by not playing an entire season where he could prove he deserved the money the steelers offered him on his current contract or prove to the rest of the nfl that he was worth big FA money. he thought he would get the best of both worlds. his desicion cost him alot of money because i really dont think his surgery or rehab had a very good chance on going south.

teegre
03-25-2013, 08:28 PM
you're exactly right. why would he gamble and lose out on the roster bonus. he chose to delay the surgery to get the paycheck(although i think an injury settlement would come into play). by doing so it hurt the team. it also ultimately hurt him by not playing an entire season where he could prove he deserved the money the steelers offered him on his current contract or prove to the rest of the nfl that he was worth big FA money. he thought he would get the best of both worlds. his desicion cost him alot of money because i really dont think his surgery or rehab had a very good chance on going south.

A bird in the hand...

(Make sense?)

Harrison had to worry about last year first... and he made $6 million (when they could have cut him) by delaying his surgery. This year's $6 million was the "two in the bush." He could not worry about this year unless he made the team last year... because, he was not even be guaranteed being kept on last year.

The system screws players over routinely... ergo, he was forced to do what he had to do. I can not blame a person for taking the "sure" money instead of being altruistic for the "team"... when that same team could very easily cut him for ANY reason.

Do not get me wrong: this is one of the few "good" teams in the world. This is not Belichick cutting a guy the night before the SuperBowl. But, regardless, any NFL team can cut a player at any time... so, I can not blame Harrison for delaying his surgery.

JackH
03-25-2013, 08:45 PM

What James Harrison has left to offer is probably 6 sacks, what he had last season. He had the most on the Steelers, tied with Timmons. Worilds had 5, Kiesel had 4.5, Foote had 4, and Woodley had 4.

I'll take the 6 sacks in exchange for what the Steelers have to pay him.

Also, getting Harrison back likely means the urge is a little less to take a pass rusher with the Steelers first pick in the draft.

austinfrench76
03-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Getting James back also takes pressure off of Worilds to think he is James Harrison or has tom prove it. He needs to play his game and keep improving. That's what I hope for JW. AND, it will be for a fraction of what we would have paid him had it happened any other way.

bornaSteelersfan
03-25-2013, 09:24 PM
you're exactly right. why would he gamble and lose out on the roster bonus. he chose to delay the surgery to get the paycheck(although i think an injury settlement would come into play). by doing so it hurt the team. it also ultimately hurt him by not playing an entire season where he could prove he deserved the money the steelers offered him on his current contract or prove to the rest of the nfl that he was worth big FA money. he thought he would get the best of both Worilds. his desicion cost him alot of money because i really dont think his surgery or rehab had a very good chance on going south.

There, fixed it :tt02:

Stu Pidasso
03-25-2013, 09:32 PM
I seem to remember this same conversation when Hines Ward was holding out...

Blackout
03-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Pride probably prevents Harrison from taking that deal but those are the consequences of having an inflated view of your value

I disagree. Sure his age prevents him from a lucrative payout, but what he has contributed to the team only validates what he values for himself.

On the other hand you have folks like Wallace who think they can be valued at 100million and have the amount of drops last season.

sloppyjoe
03-25-2013, 10:30 PM
A bird in the hand...

(Make sense?)

Harrison had to worry about last year first... and he made $6 million (when they could have cut him) by delaying his surgery. This year's $6 million was the "two in the bush." He could not worry about this year unless he made the team last year... because, he was not even be guaranteed being kept on last year.

The system screws players over routinely... ergo, he was forced to do what he had to do. I can not blame a person for taking the "sure" money instead of being altruistic for the "team"... when that same team could very easily cut him for ANY reason.

Do not get me wrong: this is one of the few "good" teams in the world. This is not Belichick cutting a guy the night before the SuperBowl. But, regardless, any NFL team can cut a player at any time... so, I can not blame Harrison for delaying his surgery.

i still think there would have to be a huge injury settlement in there somewhere.

i also couldnt see the steelers cutting him last year for two rreasons 1) they thought they were a contender and had nobody behind him and 2) the cap hit dead money would have been crazy.
that being said, i think we both can agree that harrision screww3d himself over by vacationing all summer.

The_Joker
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Not sure, we need to develop Worrilds... but Harrison is proven...

teegre
03-26-2013, 01:22 AM
i still think there would have to be a huge injury settlement in there somewhere.

i also couldnt see the steelers cutting him last year for two rreasons 1) they thought they were a contender and had nobody behind him and 2) the cap hit dead money would have been crazy.
that being said, i think we both can agree that harrision screww3d himself over by vacationing all summer.

I think that there are two parts to this: 1) last summer's knee surgery, and 2) turning down a 30% pay cut.

I agree that he probably lost money by not taking the original offer (30% pay cut), because now he'll likely have to sign an even smaller contract. BUT, I disagree that he screwed himself by waiting to have the knee surgery; he had to do what was best for him.

True, an injury settlement could have been reached... but, that would have been for far less money. As it is, while he missed out on $6 million this year ($12 million total), but at least he got $6 million last summer... instead of only a $2 million injury settlement.

Last thing. Follow the history of Harrison's contract:
Harrison signed a contract, but was then asked to restructure (pushing money towards the end of his contract). He helped out the team, by deferring money. But, then... Harrison needs knee surgery... but waits for fear of being cut... because, cutting Harrison would save the Steelers money ($2 million for a settlement versus $6 million for waiting). Thus, he had to do what would be best for himself.

Lady Steel
03-26-2013, 02:05 AM
I tol yinz Harrison was going to retire a Pittsburgh Steeler one way or another. Mmmm-hmmm, I sure did. :laughing:

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Not sure, we need to develop Worrilds... but Harrison is proven...

Completely agree. I want to see worilds be given a shot but I can't argue against what james brings to the table.

tony hipchest
03-26-2013, 02:23 AM
Well when I say "heart" I really mean "intangible stuff you can't measure." And I guess anger, rage, and desire to hurt people are immeasurable stuff too. But my point is all the heart, anger, rage or whatever doesn't help when your skills have eroded. And his obviously have if nobody is interested. He's perennial all-pro, former defensive player of the year, quasi Super Bowl MVP, and nobody's interested? Something must be up.

so were his skills eroded when 32 teams passed on him in the draft? how bout when he was apractice squad player and cut 3 times?

anyone who wathed him at the end of last season can see his skills havent eroded much. i'd take james at 80% over half the other starting OLB'sw in the league. :hunch:

Hawaii 5-0
03-26-2013, 02:46 AM
i'd take james at 80% over half the other starting OLB'sw in the league. :hunch:

so would I, but the Steelers are going to wait until after the draft before they decide to re-visit James Harrison possibly returning.

OX1947
03-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Did any of you watch the damn games last year? The guy can still play, whats with this "he will retire" shit. He has 2 years maybe 3 left. He is dedicated and a health junky. When he got his 50 mil contract in 2008, he was in the gym the next day doing exactly what he was doing before. He loves that shit.

Lady Steel
03-26-2013, 03:32 AM
Did any of you watch the damn games last year? The guy can still play, whats with this "he will retire" shit. He has 2 years maybe 3 left. He is dedicated and a health junky. When he got his 50 mil contract in 2008, he was in the gym the next day doing exactly what he was doing before. He loves that shit.

(sigh) Nobody said Harrison was definitely going to retire this year, next year, or the year after that because nobody knows what is going to happen with him right now.

Harrison could come back and play for the Steelers this year.

Or, Harrison could go to another team(s) for a year or two or three, then come back and sign a one day contract and retire as a Pittsburgh Steeler when he does decide to retire.

Get it now?

Geeze Louise.

OX1947
03-26-2013, 04:14 AM
(sigh) Nobody said Harrison was definitely going to retire this year, next year, or the year after that because nobody knows what is going to happen with him right now.

Harrison could come back and play for the Steelers this year.

Or, Harrison could go to another team(s) for a year or two or three, then come back and sign a one day contract and retire as a Pittsburgh Steeler when he does decide to retire.

Get it now?

Geeze Louise.

watch your mouff

steelfury02
03-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Ed Bouchette reports Steelers Closed the Door on James Harrison this weekend - its in the PG+, but you can read same thing here:

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/fc3e2956-eca4-4160-857d-6b79035150c7/?source=twitter

Maybe nothing new but Ed's got the inside dish - I'm ok with moving on but will miss Harrison's attitude and the idea that I think he does have something left in the tank

The_Joker
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
So that's that.

Worrilds, time to shine.

SteelersCanada
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
This just opens the door to a younger guy coming in and getting a shot to play which is something I have no problem with. However, I just hope this means we're going to be drafting an OLB in the first two rounds (at the latest) for insurance and playing time when Worilds fails.

harrison'samonster
03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
This just opens the door to a younger guy coming in and getting a shot to play which is something I have no problem with. However, I just hope this means we're going to be drafting an OLB in the first two rounds (at the latest) for insurance and playing time when Worilds fails.

I tend to agree that this isn't bad for the Steelers. I disagree with your assumption that Worilds will fail. Too hard to say at this point. I feel bad for Harrison, I would have like to have seen him play for the Steelers at least one more year.

steelfury02
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
its hard for me to pick a side on this one - for quality depth's sake and experience/security - I want Harrison to stay. For the sake of progress and moving on - this isn't terrible news

- I'm leaning towards it being a mistake if they don't go this position in the first - maybe I'm wrong and they can get starter capability in the 2nd if this is supposed to be a deep D draft

I sound like a broken record, but, regardless of holes all over the place - I feel the most struggling unit-Offense, needs a huge Day 1 boost - and ESPECIALLY with Heath out possibly into the mid/late part of the season. I'm being pessimistic but I'll be pissed if we don't get Day 1 contributors on both sides of the ball in the first 3 rounds- I do feel based on history that Worilds deserves an opportunity and some consistent playing time will do him some good. Just no way to say - if Worilds goes down with injury though we are really up shit creek which is why the unknown of the draft really scares me right now.

All that being said, Go Steelers:tt:

The_Joker
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
It's water under the bridge now, let Worrilds earn his stripes.