PDA

View Full Version : Is Roethlisberger overtraining?

lloydwoodson
03-27-2013, 11:47 AM
I have recently read reports that Colin Kaepernick is overtraining. Apparently they can't keep the guy out of the weightroom and Harbaugh is worried he will put too much mass on to throw and run as effectively.

Is there a possibility Roethlisberger is overtraining? Is it possible he will be overprepared and exhausted for the upcoming season?

What do you guys think?

"Known for his 6 a.m. arrivals at the 49ers' facility during the season, Kaepernick is logging eight-hour training sessions five days a week at the CES facility in Duluth, Ga. His workouts include running, lifting and high-intensity swimming in which he's tethered to a resistance-providing harness."

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Colin-Kaepernick-gets-back-to-work-4288432.php

pete74
03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
I would happily see anyone over then under train. They know how to properly exercise so training is only going to help. Your definitely not going to exhaust yourself during the regular season because you over train during the off season

steelfury02
03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
I do think Ben was "skinnier" than before but considering he has hardly any definition, then no he hasn't been over training - considering how banged up he's been the past couple seasons, I want him to be fit and get his accuracy going again - if I was Ben, speed and reaction time is what I would work on - swimming would actually do Ben some wonders for the fourth quarter - and O-line would help too

BlaZeQuietly
03-27-2013, 11:54 AM
No ben is not over training, I will be thrilled if he gets in better shape, hes looked out of shape the last 3 seasons.

desertsteel
03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
lololol

SteelersCanada
03-27-2013, 12:24 PM
No ben is not over training, I will be thrilled if he gets in better shape, hes looked out of shape the last 3 seasons.

I thought you were retiring? Retirement means not coming back or are you pulling a Brett Favre.

desertsteel
03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Does Ben actually train?! Serious... does he? (Not counting golf and long walks on the beach.)

SteelersCanada
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Does Ben actually train?! Serious... does he? (Not counting golf and long walks on the beach.)

You don't win two Championships by not training.

Hawaii 5-0
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Is Ben overtraining?

I highly doubt it, unless you consider playing 36 holes of golf a day to be overtraining...

harrison'samonster
03-27-2013, 12:56 PM
there is such a thing as over-training, but early in the offseason is the time to do it if ever. Like music, one of the more important things in any training regement is the rest periods.

I wouldn't think Roethlisberger's over-training.

teegre
03-27-2013, 12:57 PM
I heard Colin Cowherd discussing this very thing (with Trent Difler???). They were saying that an overly-muscular QB would have trouble throwing the ball.

More importantly, they talked about BB... and how his "pudginess" allowed him to take more sacks. They said that taut muscles tear more easily (than fat), and thus, BB's "cushion" actually helps him take a sack & then pop right back up.

I know what everyone's thinking: BB is always injured. But, his injuries have been a knee (no padding), a shoulder (no padding), an ankle (no fat there), and a freak rib-ligament injury. Most of the time, BB pops right back up.

Oh... and have you ever seen photos of Elway with his shirt off (back when he played). Talk about pudgy!!!

harrison'samonster
03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
there are different kinds of body styles. Not everybody is going to train for that low-body fat, large muscle body. QB's don't need to look muscular like Brady Quinn, but just because somebody's a little pudgy does not mean they are in bad shape heart and lung-wise -- especially by the time they hit 30

Vis
03-27-2013, 01:02 PM
I heard Colin Cowherd discussing this very thing (with Trent Difler???). They were saying that an overly-muscular QB would have trouble throwing the ball.

More importantly, they talked about BB... and how his "pudginess" allowed him to take more sacks. They said that taut muscles tear more easily (than fat), and thus, BB's "cushion" actually helps him take a sack & then pop right back up.

I know what everyone's thinking: BB is always injured. But, his injuries have been a knee (no padding), a shoulder (no padding), an ankle (no fat there), and a freak rib-ligament injury. Most of the time, BB pops right back up.

Oh... and have you ever seen photos of Elway with his shirt off (back when he played). Talk about pudgy!!!

So Ben need some water weight to fatten up those ankles.

teegre
03-27-2013, 01:04 PM
So Ben need some water weight to fatten up those ankles.

Ha, ha, ha... nice. Let's get him pregnant.

JackH
03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
I just finished watching a replay of the Jets @ Steelers the second game of the season.

The announcers were raving early in the game about how Mark Sanchez put on 20 pounds of muscle. Look where that got him.

I'll be happy if Ben stays off motorcycles and out of night clubs and doesn't go anywhere with Plaxico, not even drive him to practice since Plax's license will be suspended.

teegre
03-27-2013, 01:15 PM
I just finished watching a replay of the Jets @ Steelers the second game of the season.

The announcers were raving early in the game about how Mark Sanchez put on 20 pounds of muscle. Look where that got him.

I'll be happy if Ben stays off motorcycles and out of night clubs and doesn't go anywhere with Plaxico, not even drive him to practice since Plax's license will be suspended.

Well done. Too funny.

Steeler7BR
03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I have recently read reports that Colin Kaepernick is overtraining. Apparently they can't keep the guy out of the weightroom and Harbaugh is worried he will put too much mass on to throw and run as effectively.

Is there a possibility Roethlisberger is overtraining? Is it possible he will be overprepared and exhausted for the upcoming season?

What do you guys think?

"Known for his 6 a.m. arrivals at the 49ers' facility during the season, Kaepernick is logging eight-hour training sessions five days a week at the CES facility in Duluth, Ga. His workouts include running, lifting and high-intensity swimming in which he's tethered to a resistance-providing harness."

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Colin-Kaepernick-gets-back-to-work-4288432.php

:sofunny: Good one. Of course since they have Ben Jr. the big guy is nowwhere to be found at home.^^ Just kinddin' of course I don't think that we really ever gonna be concerned about him over-train. Not gonna happen.^^

ebsteelers
03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
if by overtraining you mean doing to many man soda curls?

then most likely yes.

Millers the sh!t
03-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Ben OVER training? Ha ha ha yeah right, he would have to leave the rape room and go to the weight room for this to happen. NEVER happen man... If anything he undertrains......

vasteeler
03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Ben OVER training? Ha ha ha yeah right, he would have to leave the rape room and go to the weight room for this to happen. NEVER happen man... If anything he undertrains......

:doh:

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 03:02 PM

http://memelatte.com/media/created/kwaa7i.jpg

Millers the sh!t
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
http://memelatte.com/media/created/kwaa7i.jpg

Ha ha ha ha....... Not trolling. If anything I'd be a little retarded..... Ironcally, I missed out on the special Olympics last year because I over trained. But for real though, stupid questions or concerns get stupid answers. And a concern about Pig Pen OVERtraining is worthy of a stupid response from me.

stb_steeler
03-27-2013, 03:45 PM
there are different kinds of body styles. Not everybody is going to train for that low-body fat, large muscle body. QB's don't need to look muscular like Brady Quinn, but just because somebody's a little pudgy does not mean they are in bad shape heart and lung-wise -- especially by the time they hit 30

Thats why Teblow cant throw to well... He pumps to much weight making his arms less mobile.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Thats why Teblow cant throw to well... He pumps to much weight making his arms less mobile.

I thought it was just because he sucked.

Hawaii 5-0
03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Ha ha ha ha....... Not trolling. If anything I'd be a little retarded..... Ironcally, I missed out on the special Olympics last year because I over trained. But for real though, stupid questions or concerns get stupid answers. And a concern about Pig Pen OVERtraining is worthy of a stupid response from me.

great response...:drink:

Bayz101
03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Someone needs to invite Thumper, Nigel, BengalBrian and Tim Lumber back to the forums. The All-Star cast would be complete.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Someone needs to invite Thumper, Nigel, BengalBrian and Tim Lumber back to the forums. The All-Star cast would be complete.

Quit teasing me with a Lumber return. :club:

Galax Steeler
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM

Tim Dumber what a classic he was.:chuckle:

Millers the sh!t
03-27-2013, 04:03 PM

Starting QB right here baby!

Bayz101
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM

We'll put Blaze at the RB!

Bayz101
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Quit teasing me with a Lumber return. :club:

Hey, I've been trying. It just seems the trailer park life has been keeping him too busy to interact with us smart folk.

Or maybe it's the fact that he lost his internet provider over a year ago and can't afford to stay online. I have emails! :sofunny:

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
We'll put Blaze at the RB!

As long as he isn't the starter. We can't rely on a guy who "retires" every other week. Just ask the Packers.

Blacksburg Zach
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Tim Dumber what a classic he was.:chuckle:

Who exactly is this Tim Lumber you guys are talking about? Was he a Ravens troll who used to frequently visit this board or something?

Millers the sh!t
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Nevermind, I quit...

Bayz101
03-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Who exactly is this Tim Lumber you guys are talking about? Was he a Ravens troll who used to frequently visit this board or something?

Lumber was fun to smack around. I'd be afraid of his return. He'd probably the first member to win Member of the week back-to-back (not counting SteelFury's month-long reign.).

Galax Steeler
03-27-2013, 04:11 PM

Yea he was a Ravens fan he was smarter then what he put on but he was fun to have around.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey, I've been trying. It just seems the trailer park life has been keeping him too busy to interact with us smart folk.

Or maybe it's the fact that he lost his internet provider over a year ago and can't afford to stay online. I have emails! :sofunny:

You're a disgrace, Bagz! No excuses! Get that brain dead idiot here pronto so we can have a good old fashioned cyber-curb stomping at his expense. I don't care if you have to drive out to his trailer and pay his internet bill for him, I need entertainment!

Just don't eat or drink anything while you're there as he's been known to drug and violate men in his outhouse. You'll wake up with some very incriminating photos of you, him, and the owl-dog peeking out of your butt.

Galax Steeler
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.cwire.net/images/TLAlbum.jpg

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Yea he was a Ravens fan he was smarter then what he put on but he was fun to have around.

He was? You drink entirely too much, Galax. :chuckle:

teegre
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM

You'll have to fight with Gofer7 for that...
...although, you'd probably be a better QB than him, because he will ONLY pass it deep ... on every single play.

[btw: That Special Olympics post was genius. Well played... great retort.]

Steeldude
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
BR overtrain? Is this a serious question? I doubt he spends much time in the weight room at all. Since he has been here is has gotten fatter and slower.

Hawaii 5-0
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM
BR overtrain? Is this a serious question? I doubt he spends much time in the weight room at all. Since he has been here is has gotten fatter and slower.

the Steelers have a lot of concerns going into next season, Ben overtraining isn't one of them.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 05:12 PM

Ask and you shall receive. ENJOY!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34834

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=40945

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36629

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=36875

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=68181

And don't forget his alter-ego Joe Moko.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=48329

This history lesson will cost you $29.95. :chuckle:

MACH1
03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
:ttiwwp:

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4973/1sfleatherdaddyandboy20.jpg

http://ravensredzone.com/files/2010/05/2893_1088233299578_1638828369_194372_7296355_n.jpg

There ya go MACH! There's a bonus pic in the Strip District. :wink02:

vasteeler
03-27-2013, 05:33 PM

:doh: come on dude

SteelersCanada
03-27-2013, 05:34 PM

This guy loves to say how much we suck as a team. We need to go back to the good ol' days.

steelfury02
03-27-2013, 05:51 PM
hahahahaha - so disturbing yet so funny

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
hahahahaha - so disturbing yet so funny

That about sums Lumber up alright. :chuckle:

OX1947
03-27-2013, 07:29 PM
There is a better chance of Kobe Bryant turning into Shawn Kemp in his twilight years then Big Ben EVER to be known as a guy who "Overtrains"

6RINGS
03-27-2013, 07:30 PM
You talking about our Ben??? No one will ever accuse him of that lol.

Hawaii 5-0
03-27-2013, 07:33 PM
There is a better chance of Kobe Bryant turning into Shawn Kemp in his twilight years then Big Ben EVER to be known as a guy who "Overtrains"

why, you don't think Kobe will ever have 7 children from 6 different women?

MasterOfPuppets
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM

!jDFoEZfXDVk
http://problemsbythedozen.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bumbles-bounce.jpg

VaDave
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
I do think Ben was "skinnier" than before but considering he has hardly any definition, then no he hasn't been over training - considering how banged up he's been the past couple seasons, I want him to be fit and get his accuracy going again - if I was Ben, speed and reaction time is what I would work on - swimming would actually do Ben some wonders for the fourth quarter - and O-line would help too

Good OL play will make him look like Mr. America.

OX1947
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
why, you don't think Kobe will ever have 7 children from 6 different women?

I meant training regime but you can go with that too.

Steelers>NFL
03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
jDFoEZfXDVk
http://problemsbythedozen.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bumbles-bounce.jpg

Ben runs like sasquatch! lol... so this picture fitting.

ebsteelers
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Ben runs like sasquatch! lol... so this picture fitting.

finding bigfoot best worst show on tv.

i called in and said we found bigfoot he is at heinz field wearing number 7..

they'll investigate

pczach
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Ask NFL linemen how out of shape he is when they hit him and they bounce off. Or, when a 300lb+ lineman gets their hands on him and he brushes them off and makes a play. Laugh all you want at how he looks. There are plenty of guys that look great in a pair of shorts that can't get out of their own way on the football field.

And NO, this is not a William Gay moment!

harrison'samonster
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Ask NFL linemen how out of shape he is when they hit him and they bounce off. Or, when a 300lb+ lineman gets their hands on him and he brushes them off and makes a play. Laugh all you want at how he looks. There are plenty of guys that look great in a pair of shorts that can't get out of their own way on the football field.

And NO, this is not a William Gay moment!

I agree. Some people ought to try running one NFL drive as a QB before saying BB is out of shape.

Buddha Bus
03-28-2013, 01:26 PM
In answer to the O.P.'s question, "yes"...... for a post-NFL career in sumo wrestling.

OX1947
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
I agree. Some people ought to try running one NFL drive as a QB before saying BB is out of shape.

Over training and out of shape are not the same.

Millers the sh!t
03-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Is anyone here worried about lamaar Woodley over training? He heard a fat out of shape physique is better for LB's as opposed to a lean muscle bound lb'r.

harrison'samonster
03-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Over training and out of shape are not the same.

true, but in my opinion, being out of shape is different from looking like you're out of shape.

There are people on here who believe that because Ben doesn't look like he's in great shape must mean he's in bad shape.

lloydwoodson
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Where do I sign up? :rofl:

harrison'samonster
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Where do I sign up? :rofl:

:chuckle:

I guess it will have to be simulated. Have somebody who weighs 300 lbs run into you at full speed, knocking you down and then falling on you.

Buddha Bus
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM

I guess it will have to be simulated. Have somebody who weighs 300 lbs run into you at full speed, knocking you down and then falling on you.

Who's going to be the first to jump on that wife joke?

Hawaii 5-0
03-28-2013, 02:30 PM

no thanks...:yikes:

http://www.thehulltruth.com/attachments/dockside-chat/192449d1315848443-steelers-who-steelers-fat-girl.jpg

ZoneBlitzer
03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
This is a good, funny joke thread. Look at Ben in his rookie year and the way he looks now. The only thing I'd be worried about would be tennis elbow from drinking and eating too much.

FanSince72
03-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Aside from the title of this thread, I can't recall "Roethlisberger" and "overtraining" ever appearing together in the same sentence before.

But there's a first time for everything, I guess. :chuckle:

desertsteel
03-29-2013, 12:26 PM
You don't win two Championships by not training.

Sorry but physical fitness was never Ben's strength. He has natural physical ability but no one is ever going to accuse him of being a workout warrior. That's fine with me, but the question was "is he over-training?" Uhmm... NOPE!

Steeldude
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM

So you are saying he has become slimmer and faster. I don't see it.

Bayz101
03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Anyone who says Roethlisberger didn't come into last season healthier is fooling themselves.

He lost a great deal of weight during the offseason, and he commented on it several times in training camp. He's working to become fit knowing that his prime years aren't always going to be ahead of him.

Steeldude
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
This guy loves to say how much we suck as a team. We need to go back to the good ol' days.

This coming from the guy who belittles and/or attacks most people's posts. Good job. :thumbsup:

I see I have another obsessed fan. You remind so much of Revefsreleets.

SteelersCanada
03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
This coming from the guy who belittles and/or attacks most people's posts. Good job. :thumbsup:

I see I have another obsessed fan. You remind so much of Revefsreleets.

If you didn't say stupid things I wouldn't have to criticize you. It's pretty simple. As for 'attacking most people', nope, just the same usual suspects that regurgitate the same stupid shit day in and day out. Like this entire topic, for example.

vasteeler
03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
So you are saying he has become slimmer and faster. I don't see it.

well, he has never been fast and i thought he came into last season thinner than i had ever seen him outside of his rookie season:noidea:

Bayz101
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
well, he has never been fast and i thought he came into last season thinner than i had ever seen him outside of his rookie season:noidea:

My thoughts exactly, and here's to hoping he comes into this season in good shape as well. :drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2013, 05:47 PM
If Ben gets down to a scratch handicap, then I think he has been overtraining. I think if he golfs enough that he is a 5-8 handicap, then he is likely putting enough time in on his football career.

Ken Stabler thinks that Ben overtrains as a QB.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
03-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Ill say this about Ben, he starts the season looking slim and after turkey day he becomes less slim. Does it affect him no not really still a great qb.

Also last summer I had the chance to play against Big Ben a few times in a softball league in cranberry and he looked in very good shape. Now first off he was friendly and joked with everyone while on the field. A very fun guy to play sports with, and no one borthered him before or after the game. And my god that man hit every first pitch way out of the park over trees etc.

I'm not worried about him he is very althetic and in fact the added weight helps him shed tackles so we can't judge him.

lloydwoodson
03-29-2013, 09:42 PM
If you didn't say stupid things I wouldn't have to criticize you. It's pretty simple. As for 'attacking most people', nope, just the same usual suspects that regurgitate the same stupid shit day in and day out. Like this entire topic, for example.

Next season rests completely on Roethlisberger firing up the offense. I am certain that Roethlisberger potentially overtraining is of the utmost importance to this team.

If Roethlisberger overtrains and loses his flexibility it could be disastrous for the team.

This is the most important thread on this forum if you ask me.

teegre
03-29-2013, 09:47 PM
This is the most important thread on this forum if you ask me.

You mean second most important thread. ANY & ALL Wallace threads are the most important thing in this forum.

lloydwoodson
03-29-2013, 10:00 PM
You mean second most important thread. ANY & ALL Wallace threads are the most important thing in this forum.

Well he is the greatest receiver of all time. Don't believe me? Check my definitive greatest receiver of all time list in my signature. Then ask yourself... would I lie to you?

teegre
03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Well he is the greatest receiver of all time. Don't believe me? Check my definitive greatest receiver of all time list in my signature. Then ask yourself... would I lie to you?

Hmmm... true. Those magic beans that you sold me did work out very well for me...

Really though, touché. :hatsoff:

cowherpower
03-30-2013, 09:09 AM
He needs a new trainer if those are the results of ANY training. I've seen bigger arms on place kickers. I can only imagine how good Ben would be if he studied more film and worked out. I still can't believe he doesn't wear long sleeves to hide those noodle arms. He's 6' 5 240 and has the worst body for a QB in the league.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-30-2013, 09:25 AM
He needs a new trainer if those are the results of ANY training. I've seen bigger arms on place kickers. I can only imagine how good Ben would be if he studied more film and worked out. I still can't believe he doesn't wear long sleeves to hide those noodle arms. He's 6' 5 240 and has the worst body for a QB in the league.

What qb has huge arms?? Tim Tebow?, But he's in shape when camp starts its just when he gets hurts he cant workout to stay in shape for the rest of the season so he gains weight.

And I dont know whats the big deal cause its not affecting the team or the way he plays...

harrison'samonster
03-30-2013, 10:55 AM

what does the size of his arms have to do with him training? How do you know how much film he studies? And he does work out. He's said before that in working out his focus is on his core. Why does he need bigger arms? Bigger biceps or triceps have nothing to do with being in shape or being a better QB.

mikegrimey
03-30-2013, 11:29 AM
what does the size of his arms have to do with him training? How do you know how much film he studies? And he does work out. He's said before that in working out his focus is on his core. Why does he need bigger arms? Bigger biceps or triceps have nothing to do with being in shape or being a better QB.

Agreed, the noodle arm remark was just nonsense. What great QB has arms like a body builder? It's not like Ben isn't getting good speed or distance on his throws...

teegre
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Trent Green was a handsome, handsome man. He had the physique of an Adonis.

What???... SuperBowl winning drives???... what does THAT have to do with being a great QB!?!

Hawaii 5-0
03-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Trent Green was a handsome, handsome man.

so he was, huh? :sofunny:

Stu Pidasso
03-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Have somebody who weighs 300 lbs run into you at full speed, knocking you down and then falling on you.

Now I know my wife's point of view.

Buddha Bus
03-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Now I know my wife's point of view.

Nice twist! :toofunny:

Hawaii 5-0
03-30-2013, 09:29 PM
here's a pic of Ben overtraining...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Ben+Roethlisberger+Wife+Playing+Golf+Hawaii+ijjDIe m7g6Zl.jpg

mikegrimey
03-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Trent Green was a handsome, handsome man. He had the physique of an Adonis.

What???... SuperBowl winning drives???... what does THAT have to do with being a great QB!?!

If QBs were rated on handsomeness, Ben would be way down the list on pro bowls

fansince'76
03-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Yup, such a shitty noodle-armed QB...

1-3lIHIyXLs

teegre
03-30-2013, 10:43 PM
so he was, huh? :sofunny:

Trent Green is the love-child of David Beckham & Brad Pitt.

http://www.comedycentral.com/jokes/1oeejx/stand-up-daniel-tosh--daniel-tosh--beckham-and-pitt-love

lloydwoodson
03-30-2013, 10:55 PM
here's a pic of Ben overtraining...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Ben+Roethlisberger+Wife+Playing+Golf+Hawaii+ijjDIe m7g6Zl.jpg

You're sure that isn't Shrek? I mean 100% absolutely sure?

OX1947
03-31-2013, 01:27 AM
Yup, such a shitty noodle-armed QB...

1-3lIHIyXLs

Whatta pass, wow.

Millers the sh!t
03-31-2013, 05:55 AM
You're sure that isn't Shrek? I mean 100% absolutely sure?

Lol..... My brother says he looks like shrek...... I dint see it. He still tries to convince me every time his photo pops up on NFL network or ESPN etc.

bornaSteelersfan
03-31-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure if Ben is Shrek, but here is Donkey

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/8160239/gyi0062560396.0_standard_709.0.jpg

And Here's Pinocchio

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nNm6nCAAA2XDo.jpg:large

FrancoLambert
03-31-2013, 11:36 AM
So, Ben plays golf in his bare feet yet wears a glove on his throwing hand....Hmmm.

pete74
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
The shrek comparison had me rolling and there's no doubt that Suggs is half donkey. As or the people serious about Ben working out, your insane if you think he dosnt. Of course he isn't working out to gain muscle mass, he is a QB and flexibility is to important. Look at Manning, he trains daily yet has minimal muscle mass. Ben loves football and does whatever necessary to win.

Fire Arians
03-31-2013, 02:37 PM
The shrek comparison had me rolling and there's no doubt that Suggs is half donkey. As or the people serious about Ben working out, your insane if you think he dosnt. Of course he isn't working out to gain muscle mass, he is a QB and flexibility is to important. Look at Manning, he trains daily yet has minimal muscle mass. Ben loves football and does whatever necessary to win.

agree, probably not good as a qb to gain muscle mass, range of motion is more important to a qb than being able to bench 500 lbs.

sure ben's carrying some extra weight but who isnt when they're in their 30s

zcoop
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM

You're right, I think Ben works out to keep in shape too. He even looked like he dropped a few pounds at the beginning of last season. The boy is just Big.

Lady Steel
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Happy Easter everyone! Hope everyone had a blessed day! – Ben, Ashley & JR.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/483421_436931403057612_207577782_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Roethlisberger-BigBen7com/122621564488599

SteelersCanada
03-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Cute kid.

FrancoLambert
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Cute kid.

Cute wife. :wink02:

steeltheone
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
I've always felt BR7 will not have a long career like most other great QB's. Once his ability to out run or out scramble the rush is gone, he will be done.

I don't see him being successful setting in the pocket reading defenses.

harrison'samonster
03-31-2013, 09:37 PM
I've always felt BR7 will not have a long career like most other great QB's. Once his ability to out run or out scramble the rush is gone, he will be done.

I don't see him being successful setting in the pocket reading defenses.

could be true. Unless they can get a running game that other team's have to respect.

Also, I just noticed that Big Ben and Jr. are wearing matching pants, that is adorable.

Hawaii 5-0
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM

we may not be able to afford to sign Ben to another contract anyway with the kind of $ guys like Flacco, Romo and Rodgers have been commanding recently.

Steeldude
04-01-2013, 02:00 AM

So you are saying BR has become faster and slimmer since he entered the league. Many would say that is a stupid statement. Do you understand, Revefsreleets?

If you do not like this thread then why post in it? Why troll it? Do a little growing up.

Lady Steel
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Ben's weight fluctuates depending on how many Roethlisburgers he's had.

SteelersCanada
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
So you are saying BR has become faster and slimmer since he entered the league. Many would say that is a stupid statement. Do you understand, Revefsreleets?

If you do not like this thread then why post in it? Why troll it? Do a little growing up.

When did I say he became faster or slimmer since joining the league? You're attacking things I never said.

I like that you think you can talk down to everyone because you're as knowledgeable as you are. It's cute. I'm not going to let this turn into a pissing contest, so take it easy. :drink:

harrison'samonster
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
actually Ben has lost weight since joining the league. When he was a rookie he was always listed at around 250 - 255. Now he's listed at around 240.

Also, as far as his 40 times, I don't think it's gone down any. As late as 2010 the number for his 40 was around 4.8, which is about where it was at his combine.

pczach
04-01-2013, 05:41 PM
actually Ben has lost weight since joining the league. When he was a rookie he was always listed at around 250 - 255. Now he's listed at around 240.

Also, as far as his 40 times, I don't think it's gone down any. As late as 2010 the number for his 40 was around 4.8, which is about where it was at his combine.

"So you are saying BR has become faster and slimmer since he entered the league. Many would say that is a stupid statement":sofunny:

I love this thread.:popcorn:

Steeldude
04-01-2013, 05:59 PM
When did I say he became faster or slimmer since joining the league? You're attacking things I never said.

I like that you think you can talk down to everyone because you're as knowledgeable as you are. It's cute. I'm not going to let this turn into a pissing contest, so take it easy. :drink:

Calm down. Try to relax :thumbsup:

So then you are saying I am right about BR's weight etc...

I am not talking down to you. I am merely replying to your harassing comments that you so often clutter the boards with. You come to a thread you say is stupid, but then go out of your way to attack people. Shouldn't you have kept on moving?

Knowledgeable? I am probably on par with most fans. It's not I claiming to have watched game film on Vacarro.

AndyWitmyer
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Yes, Big Ben is overtraining...

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

lolololol.

:guitar:

ZoneBlitzer
04-02-2013, 01:11 AM

Ah. No. Hit rewind on your recording device. Most of the 25 (at least) pound weight gain is on his face.

lloydwoodson
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
I wonder how ScottCurtis would have thought regarding this thread,

Hawaii 5-0
04-02-2013, 11:12 PM
I wonder how ScottCurtis would have thought regarding this thread,

yeah, where has ScottCurtis been? I haven't read any of his ridiculous thoughts lately...

lloydwoodson
04-02-2013, 11:32 PM
yeah, where has ScottCurtis been? I haven't read any of his ridiculous thoughts lately...

We should all guess where ScottCurtis is now. I will start.

Umm... I think ScottCurtis is in his backyard drunk off Iron City Beer beside an enormous pallette bonfire which he is using to burn a truckload of Ben Roethlisberger lifesize dolls in effigy. He made those dolls by hand with nothing more than old jerseys and t-shirts, cotton balls for the stuffing, a little bit of thread and a lot of hate. :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
04-03-2013, 12:29 AM
We should all guess where ScottCurtis is now. I will start.

Umm... I think ScottCurtis is in his backyard drunk off Iron City Beer beside an enormous pallette bonfire which he is using to burn a truckload of Ben Roethlisberger lifesize dolls in effigy. He made those dolls by hand with nothing more than old jerseys and t-shirts, cotton balls for the stuffing, a little bit of thread and a lot of hate. :chuckle:

great guess. ok, my turn...

I say he just returned to his 6th grade class after being on spring break last week.

Buddha Bus
04-03-2013, 03:38 AM
I'm gonna say he got his ass handed to him by his Steelers punching bag/stand with Ben's picture taped to. He's knocked out and is currently in a coma in his mom's basement.

http://images.rakuten.com/PI/0/300/217343183.jpg

She hasn't checked on him to find it yet because she could care less since he's finally shut the hell up and she's grateful for the peace.... not to mention she hasn't had to wash his poopy undies in weeks now.

harrison'samonster
04-03-2013, 07:29 AM
I think Scrotis is overlooking his nuclear program in Pyongyang.

teegre
04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
great guess. ok, my turn...

I say he just returned to his 6th grade class after being on spring break last week.

When I first read that, I thought that it said: "Scrotis just got back from watching sixth graders on spring break."

I had immediate visions of that misogynistic creep, hiding in the bushes, stalking a bunch of eleven-year olds at a swimming pool.

Ach!!! Now, I can't get that awful image of him out of my head... ick!!!

So, Yes, that's where I think he's been.

Buddha Bus
04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
I think Scrotis is overlooking his nuclear program in Pyongyang.

I hope he didn't brainwash Dennis Rodman into an assassin to take out Ben. :nervous:

Blacksburg Zach
04-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Didn't he get banned?

harrison'samonster
04-03-2013, 04:58 PM
I hope he didn't brainwash Dennis Rodman into an assassin to take out Ben. :nervous:

Ben had better watch out, you don't want the N. Koreans mad at you.

harrison'samonster
04-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Didn't he get banned?

yeah, I think it was in one of the Harrison threads, maybe Harrison bids farewell or something like that.

Buddha Bus
04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
yeah, I think it was in one of the Harrison threads, maybe Harrison bids farewell or something like that.

Yup, and how the hell did I just find out about this?!? :angrychant:

I miss out on everything fun. :sadpace:

Probably for the best. He'd have just crippled me anyway apparently.

harrison'samonster
04-03-2013, 05:10 PM
he was going to give somebody a "vacation from walking". The dude just couldn't figure out that no meant no.

Buddha Bus
04-03-2013, 05:13 PM
he was going to give somebody a "vacation from walking". The dude just couldn't figure out that no meant no.

You have to love a guy who makes physical threats on the internets. :sofunny:

Tells you what kind of brain surgeon we were dealing with right there.

teegre
04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
he was going to give somebody a "vacation from walking".

Yep... me.

He was saying all sorts of misogynistic crap to Lady Steel... and I told him that he was out of line... and thus, he threatened to rape me.

The strange thing is: he never did. (I know: shocking, huh.)

I guess that you just can't trust anyone to keep their word any more. :noidea:

Buddha Bus
04-04-2013, 03:44 AM
:toofunny: :rofl: