PDA

View Full Version : Will Allen Signs With Dallas

livingthrudying
03-27-2013, 03:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154220/article/will-allen-justin-durant-joining-dallas-cowboys

We better get a safety in the draft. I dont like the idea of Mundy backing up are very often injured safeties!!

Blacksburg Zach
03-27-2013, 03:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154220/article/will-allen-justin-durant-joining-dallas-cowboys

We better get a safety in the draft. I dont like the idea of Mundy backing up are very often injured safeties!!

Mundy signed with the New York Giants, but I agree that the Steelers need to draft a safety.

vasteeler
03-27-2013, 03:30 PM

mundy is now a n.y. giant

harrison'samonster
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
sorry to see us lose Allen, he proved to be a great back-up.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Just when you think the defections have stopped.... :banging:

Did Marvin Lewis travel to Haiti and have a voodoo priest put a curse on us and the Ravens this offseason?

harrison'samonster
03-27-2013, 03:44 PM

Did Marvin Lewis travel to Haiti and have a voodoo priest put a curse on us and the Ravens this offseason?

he could have gotten 3 curses for the price of 2, but thought to himself, "Cleveland...why bother?"

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
he could have gotten 3 curses for the price of 2, but thought to himself, "Cleveland...why bother?"

Voodoo priests won't fuck with Cleveland.... it's bad juju to mess with an even bigger curse than what they can dole out.

harrison'samonster
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Voodoo priests won't fuck with Cleveland.... it's bad juju to mess with an even bigger curse than what they can dole out.

:rofl:

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
no great loss - dump all the second stringers and get new ones

shake this lazy ass team up

pete74
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
no great loss - dump all the second stringers and get new ones

shake this lazy ass team up

Might not be saying this when Troy goes down again last season I didn't notice any dropoff when tTroy was out and Allen came in

livingthrudying
03-27-2013, 03:57 PM

Ravens havent done bad in all reality given who they have signed in free agency. They just got Michael Huff also. And am i the only one thats scared of facing Suggs and dumervil? Thats a pretty legit pass rush right there.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Ravens havent done bad in all reality given who they have signed in free agency. They just got Michael Huff also. And am i the only one thats scared of facing Suggs and dumervil? Thats a pretty legit pass rush right there.

Yeah, but they still have a giant hole up the middle of the defense.... and Joe Flacco.

Blacksburg Zach
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but they still have a giant hole up the middle of the defense.... and Joe Flacco.

Teams might me in trouble if he shows up to games as Mr. Elite, his alter-ego.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Teams might me in trouble if he shows up to games as Mr. Elite, his alter-ego.

http://ui.asu.edu/admin/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/superhero-E-file-300x202.jpg

livingthrudying
03-27-2013, 04:21 PM

Not as many holes as we have in ours. While i think Worldis may do well (if he can stay healthy) we dont know what Woodley is gonna do this year. I am not confident in Fotte at all being our Defensive QB per se. CB is still up in the air as well as our hole Defensive backfield. I love Troy but lets face it the man can't stay healthy anymore. Depth is a serious serious concern for this defense. While i believe with our current starters on the roster we can do well, we have almost nobody to back up any of the positions.

AND NO I AM NOT A DOOM AND GLOOM GUY, Just realistic with our current roster.

teegre
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Not as many holes as we have in ours. While i think Worldis may do well (if he can stay healthy) we dont know what Woodley is gonna do this year. I am not confident in Fotte at all being our Defensive QB per se. CB is still up in the air as well as our hole Defensive backfield. I love Troy but lets face it the man can't stay healthy anymore. Depth is a serious serious concern for this defense. While i believe with our current starters on the roster we can do well, we have almost nobody to back up any of the positions.

I talked about this in another thread. Here is my reply...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=1096294&postcount=12

Millers the sh!t
03-27-2013, 04:33 PM

Troy was a beast up until the Tennessee fumble recovery knee pretzel incident. He will return a fucking beast and stay healthy this year. I promise. Too bad James ain't playing with us cause he's gonna ball again this year too. Sucks we list Allen. As mentioned before we didn't miss troy (as far as the typical safety position is played) was Allen a UFA? Next year 20 comp picks will be handed out throughout the league. 9 to us and 9 to the Baltimore Ravns. 2 to the patriots cause for no reason other than Roger said so... that's how Goodell does things when it comes to the patriots.

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:33 PM

CB= Cortez Allen and a recently re-signed William Gay.

Woodley is working out early which makes me feel confident he will finally come into camp in shape and ready to play football. It should also help with his weak hammies that have been an issue. He'll be fine if he takes it seriously and gets in shape.

I'm hopeful Worilds will be the next great Steelers LB, but the jury is still out. He's shown flashes, but his injury history and inconsistency are a concern. We're about to find out.

I agree Troy is a worry for me as he's been unable to stay on the field consistently. I'm hoping Robert Golden will be a good safety this year with another offseason under his belt. We also still have the draft to look forward to and I expect them to address safety early (round 1-3).

Backups will come from the scrap heap of team cuts and the draft, where they always come from for the Steelers. We aren't a free agency player ever.

It could be a tough year or it could be a surprisingly successful year depending on how some of these question marks shake out. Have faith!

stb_steeler
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM

I'll see your dollar and raise ya 2.....:wink02:

Buddha Bus
03-27-2013, 04:51 PM
I'll see your dollar and raise ya 2.....:wink02:

Dollars shit.... this is strip poker and we're both down to our tighty-whities. :chuckle:

map27steelers
03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Draft and post draft free agency definitely needs to address the depleted secondary which will get destroyed if we can't get to QB more than last year.

kan_t
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Might not be saying this when Troy goes down again last season I didn't notice any dropoff when tTroy was out and Allen came in
Neither did I. But I also noticed a big performance boost on the field when Troy came back in the last few games of the season.

wootawnee
03-27-2013, 10:47 PM
This off season is kinda pathetic for the fo..... We better freakin sign Bradshaw....

Bayz101
03-27-2013, 10:58 PM

:sofunny:

MeanGee2047
03-28-2013, 02:30 AM
With so many holes now on the Defense...wonder how it will affect their draft board....:football:

Fire Arians
03-28-2013, 04:43 AM
shit :(

Steelers>NFL
03-28-2013, 09:36 AM
I liked W. Allen. When he filled in for Troy, the defense started to gel. He was a solid player.
Sorry to see him go.

The_Joker
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Why Dallas?! They suck dick!

teegre
03-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Why Dallas?! They suck dick!

They need secondary help... and, no state tax in Texas.

The_Joker
03-28-2013, 11:26 AM
They need secondary help... and, no state tax in Texas.

It's still Texas! Shitty state, shitty team, shitty fans.

teegre
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
It's still Texas! Shitty state, shitty team, shitty fans.

Reportedly, Jerra offers to pay for face-lifts for the players.

austinfrench76
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
I think this is a huge loss. He played very well when he stepped in last year, he was relatively cheap and it makes Safety a huge priority in the draft. Now, not only to replace Troy and Ryan eventually but to replace a back-up. Who's going to play Safety in this defense that takes 2 years minimum to understand? We have Troy, Clark and Golden. Anyone else???

ZoneBlitzer
03-29-2013, 12:27 PM
^agreed. Big loss.

Buddha Bus
03-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Reportedly, Jerra offers to pay for face-lifts for the players.

That must cost Jones a small fortune as every player would probably want one after each embarrassing season so they aren't recognized as easily on the street.

jacobo
04-02-2013, 05:05 PM
do not like this at all.