PDA

View Full Version : Kipers Mock 4.0

ebsteelers
04-04-2013, 12:45 PM
jarvis jones at 15
austin at 17
vaccaro at 22
patterson at 23

17Tyler Eifert *Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)COLLEGE: Notre DameAGE: 22HT: 6-6WT: 250POS: TE
Analysis: Really like this fit. Eifert gives the Steelers a different kind of matchup headache for defenses -- one that doesn't directly replace Mike Wallace, but adds a new dimension to the offense. In fact, he might do more to offset the loss of Wallace than another speed threat would because he allows them to diversify. Eifert has the speed to stretch the seam and also develop routes to the edges, and can't be effectively covered by anybody. He's too tall for corners and safeties, too fast for linebackers.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers

Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia
A physical freak, Washington could become a star under Dick LeBeau's tutelage.

maybe someone can post a better format of all the picks

ebsteelers
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I could get use to seeing Tyler in Steelers gear but not at 17.
It will defintely give us an added dimension and once heath is healthy could give us some good red zone power we'v been lacking..

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I like Eifert but Cornelius Washington in round 2 is a HUGE reach maybe in rounds 4-5

Robert Woods or De'Rick Rogers in round 2 would be better they both fill a need, then safety & OLB in rounds 3-4

ebsteelers
04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I like Eifert but Cornelius Washington in round 2 is a HUGE reach maybe in rounds 4-5

Robert Woods or De'Rick Rogers in round 2 would be better they both fill a need, then safety & OLB in rounds 3-4

i dont know much about washington it seems to an extend he is the opposite of Jones though as in one as put up big numbers on the field, while one put up big numbers at the combine..

the only thing is im not sure if we go a TE in round 1 if we would go WR again in round 2.

but maybe something like this
Round 1 Eifert
Round 2 D.J. Swearing safety
Round 3 Da Rick Rogers

something like that could work

Bane
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Well, it looks like we're not getting Eifert or Washington.

Rabbit
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Both are huge reaches at those spots.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
i dont know much about washington it seems to an extend he is the opposite of Jones though as in one as put up big numbers on the field, while one put up big numbers at the combine..

the only thing is im not sure if we go a TE in round 1 if we would go WR again in round 2.

but maybe something like this
Round 1 Eifert
Round 2 D.J. Swearing safety
Round 3 Da Rick Rogers

something like that could work

DJ would look great in a Steelers uniform he's not a ball hawk but a big hitter that will bring fear into the others team receivers & Rogers will be the steal of the draft so i would be very happy with both but it comes down to who goes round 1...

I want Cordarrelle Patterson but I dont believe it will happen since we went offense in the first 2 rounds last year, I truly believe we're going to draft Jarvis Jones(This years Bruce Irvin imo) because of need & the fact we have nobody behind Worilds or Woodley

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM

You think a bigger reach than Bruce Davis in round 3 or Jason Worilds in Round 2?? :doh:

ebsteelers
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
DJ would look great in a Steelers uniform he's not a ball hawk but a big hitter that will bring fear into the others team receivers & Rogers will be the steal of the draft so i would be very happy with both but it comes down to who goes round 1...

I want Cordarrelle Patterson but I dont believe it will happen since we went offense in the first 2 rounds last year, I truly believe we're going to draft Jarvis Jones(This years Bruce Irvin imo) because of need & the fact we have nobody behind Worilds or Woodley

Im always big on trading down if possible because a lot of gems can be found in rounds 3 4 etc and with our teams this year we might be more like 2 or 3 players away rather than just one.

worse case scenario is if jones, and patterson and vaccaro are gone.

Steelstoned1972
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I could see Eiffert at 17. fills our need for eventual replacement for miller and can create the mismatches that Wallace once created. kills two birds with one stone. I guess it all depends if the front office has him as highest rated player available. Most draftniks are saying hes a top 20 pick. we shall see.

fer522
04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
We need to draft what we need the most and I don't think we need a TE as much as we need LB's or DB's IMO

pete74
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM

How do you figure either are reaches? Nobody knows how the Steelers graded them. All were going by is what the Internet and a few writers say. It would of been considered a huge reach by these writers if some team took Victor Cruz in the 2nd round at the time. All I'm saying is that the term '' reach'' is misused. If the Steelers love a player and know that player won't be around for there next pick and they can't trade then what do they do? Just pass on him because Kipper considers it a reach?

Rabbit
04-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Reach doesn't have a bad connotation. Obviously if someone had taken Victor Cruz in the second round, it would still be considered a reach at the time.

Reach =/= bad pick.

Besides, that's just my opinion.

FrancoLambert
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Quiet! Is that teegre crying? No mention of Elam. :sofunny:

Bane
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
He probably delivered an uppercut to Kiper's taint over this mock draft.

kan_t
04-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Reach or not doesn't matter. Good or not is.

desertsteel
04-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Don't know anything about Washington but an elite TE at 17 is not a reach in today's NFL.

Rabbit
04-04-2013, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't classify Eifert as 'elite'. I have him as a second round talent, personally.

desertsteel
04-04-2013, 10:54 PM
We need to draft what we need the most and I don't think we need a TE as much as we need LB's or DB's IMO

What we NEED most are playmakers.

desertsteel
04-04-2013, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't classify Eifert as 'elite'. I have him as a second round talent, personally.

I saw every game he played this year and I would consider him elite.

Hawaii 5-0
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM

I agree.

I saw Eifert play two games this year, against the Pitt Panthers he had 6 receptions for 62 yards and 0 TDs and against Alabama Eifert caught 6 passes for 61 yards with 0 TDs.

JackH
04-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I agree.

I saw Eifert play two games this year, against the Pitt Panthers he had 6 receptions for 62 yards and 0 TDs and against Alabama Eifert caught 6 passes for 61 yards with 0 TDs.

David Paulson, starting for the injured Heath Miller in the last game of the season against the Browns, caught 0 passes for 0 yards. Eifert is better than what the Steelers have, at least to start the season. And when Heath Miller returns, Eifert is better than any other option the Steelers have for two tight end formations.

I see that Scouts Inc. has Eifert at #16. Kenny Vaccaro is #13, Jarvis Jones is #14, Tavon Austin is #17, and Cordarelle Patterson is #24.

All the above players have been mentioned on this forum as the Steelers first round pick. I'd be happy with any of them, but my preference would be Eifert, Austin, Patterson, Vaccaro, Jones in that order.

As some have said, the Steelers number one priority in the draft should be offensive playmakers.

For anybody who thinks otherwise, I would like to know exactly who is going to make up for the 8 TDs Wallace scored and the TDs Heath won't score until he returns to the lineup.

ebsteelers
04-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Eifert was often facing double teams though.

Box Scores dont always tell the whole story.

Also a TE is gonna only be as good as his quarterback and offensive players around him.

We NEED player makers and I'd say our qb and wide outs are a bit better than a freshman qb at ND.

one more thing I'd prefer an Eifert over a Patterson just look at what the Pats are doing with Gronk and Herendez, no super star wide outs, but 2 tight ends who are chain movers, and get in the end zone while in the red zone... hard not to get excited at that..over field goal attempts

I'd like Eifert with a trade down a few slots, and acquiring more picks. could be the playmaker we need

At the end of the day I trust our Front Office and feel they will bring in whoever they feel will be the best asset to our team.

kan_t
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Jarvis Jones is #14, Tavon Austin is #17, and Cordarelle Patterson is #24.

All the above players have been mentioned on this forum as the Steelers first round pick. I'd be happy with any of them, but my preference would be Eifert, Austin, Patterson, Vaccaro, Jones in that order.

As some have said, the Steelers number one priority in the draft should be offensive playmakers.

For anybody who thinks otherwise, I would like to know exactly who is going to make up for the 8 TDs Wallace scored and the TDs Heath won't score until he returns to the lineup.
If the Steelers want TD, I rather spend a third round pick on someone like Stedman Bailey.

SteelersCanada
04-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Antonio Brown will make up for the TDs as he'll become the number one receiver. Are we forgetting we have a Pro Bowl receiver in AB, too?

harrison'samonster
04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Antonio Brown will make up for the TDs as he'll become the number one receiver. Are we forgetting we have a Pro Bowl receiver in AB, too?

I'm looking for Brown to step up this year now that he's the #1 reciever. We'll have our questions about him answered. I think what the team really needs is somebody who can go over the middle, whether that's another TE or a WR it doesn't really matter to me.

SteelersCanada
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm looking for Brown to step up this year now that he's the #1 reciever. We'll have our questions about him answered. I think what the team really needs is somebody who can go over the middle, whether that's another TE or a WR it doesn't really matter to me.

You're absolutely right. I think Manny Sanders kinda-sorta flashed that ability last year but he needs to do it with greater consistency. Cotchery already has this kind of ability but he's not the answer here.

I think the guys that want Eifert or Ertz are overreacting to losing Miller. If we run three receiver sets that include AB, Manny and someone like Rodney Smith or Marcus Davis, both of whom are taller receivers (6'5 and 6'3, respectively) and can catch in traffic and over the middle. The key thing here is they can both be taken R5 and later.

There's no elite TE in this group. There just isn't. Hawaii showed what kind of separation Eifert can get against the better defenses in CFB and he's supposed to be the best of this years crop. We'd draft him and expect him to put up the same kind of numbers and consistency that Miller has for us and that's unreasonable.

Harrison's right - a receiver that can get a mismatch over the middle is more of a need than a Tight End right now. If that receiver happens to be a TE then so be it, but we can't reach for one with all the holes we have on defense right now. To me, Safety, WR, OLB and RB are all more areas of need than a TE. I'd only look at Ertz if he fell into the third round and even then it would depend on who else was on the board. I think Michael Williams from 'Bama or combining Le'Veon Bell with Dion Sims from Michigan State would be a better answer. Sims and Williams will be taken in the later rounds they're both capable of blocking and receiving.

Hawaii 5-0
04-05-2013, 01:51 PM
17. Pittsburgh Steelers—TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

One of Kiper’s most curious picks comes at No. 17, where he has the Steelers taking the best TE on the board—Notre Dame’s Tyler Eifert.

Warranted because of the devastating injury to current TE and Ben Roethlisberger favorite Heath Miller (via Chris Adamski of CBS Sports), Eifert has the athletic ability and receiver skills to take over the position full-time in a few seasons.

However, the Steelers are getting extremely thin on defense after a flurry of offseason casualties, and adding a new pass-rusher to replace the production of James Harrison shouldn’t be overlooked. While I understand Kiper’s decision to place Eifert as high as I’ve seen him in any mock, there are other positions that need filling.

Kiper's Second-Round Mock

Pick Team Player School
33 Jacksonville QB Matt Barkley USC
34 San Francisco (via KC) S Matt Elam Florida
35 Philadelphia OT Menelik Watson Florida State
36 Detroit DE Bjoern Werner Florida State
37 Cincinnati (via OAK) S Shamarko Thomas Syracuse
38 Arizona DE Datone Jones UCLA
39 New York Jets TE Zach Ertz Stanford
40 Tennessee WR Keenan Allen Cal-Berkeley
41 Buffalo QB Ryan Nassib Syracuse
42 Miami DE Tank Carradine Florida State
43 Tampa Bay CB Jamar Taylor Boise State
44 Carolina S D.J. Swearinger South Carolina
45 San Diego LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
46 St. Louis RB Montee Ball Wisconsin
47 Dallas OL Justin Pugh Syracuse
48 Pittsburgh OLB Cornelius Washington Georgia
49 New York Giants LB Sio Moore Connecticut
50 Chicago DT Jesse Williams Alabama
51 Washington CB Bildi Wreh-Wilson Connecticut
52 Minnesota DT Kawann Short Purdue
53 Cincinnati CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State
54 Miami (from IND) CB Robert Alford S.E. Louisiana
55 Green Bay S J.J. Wilcox Georgia Southern
56 Seattle DT Johnathan Hankins Ohio State
57 Houston DT John Jenkins Georgia
58 Denver DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M
59 New England CB Tyrann Mathieu LSU
60 Atlanta LB Khaseem Greene Rutgers
61 San Francisco TE Gavin Escobar San Diego State
62 Baltimore OT Terron Armstead Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Note: Cleveland forfeits its second-round pick after selecting WR Josh Gordon in 2012 Supplemental draft (via NFL.com). New Orleans forfeits its second-round pick due to Bounty Gate scandal (via USA Today).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1593163-mel-kiper-mock-draft-2013-analyzing-espn-gurus-recent-projections

TRH
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
There's no question he's on the front office's radar.
Basically it's going to come down to who's still available when your turn comes. If Jones is still there (although i don't know, his stock has been rising and could go in the top 10, 12 now) i think we'll pick him.
I agree that he would make a great fit at TE - i look for the TE-type scheme they run in NE to catch on big time elsewhere.

ebsteelers
04-05-2013, 02:34 PM
im surprised many on here seem to be anti Eifert.

Anybody else watching what NE is doing offensively with the 2 tight ends sets.

Right now if Heath isnt healthy we got David "friggin" Johnson..

Nothing againt Davey boy but he doesnt strike fear in my 80 year old grandma let alone an NFL defense.

At the end of the day its all about value, but I'd have to admit I would be a little giggly if were playing in the Super Bowl and we got Sanders, Brown, Eifert, Miller and Burress streaking down the field for 6.

ebsteelers
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
You're absolutely right. I think Manny Sanders kinda-sorta flashed that ability last year but he needs to do it with greater consistency. Cotchery already has this kind of ability but he's not the answer here.

I think the guys that want Eifert or Ertz are overreacting to losing Miller. If we run three receiver sets that include AB, Manny and someone like Rodney Smith or Marcus Davis, both of whom are taller receivers (6'5 and 6'3, respectively) and can catch in traffic and over the middle. The key thing here is they can both be taken R5 and later.

There's no elite TE in this group. There just isn't. Hawaii showed what kind of separation Eifert can get against the better defenses in CFB and he's supposed to be the best of this years crop. We'd draft him and expect him to put up the same kind of numbers and consistency that Miller has for us and that's unreasonable.

Harrison's right - a receiver that can get a mismatch over the middle is more of a need than a Tight End right now. If that receiver happens to be a TE then so be it, but we can't reach for one with all the holes we have on defense right now. To me, Safety, WR, OLB and RB are all more areas of need than a TE. I'd only look at Ertz if he fell into the third round and even then it would depend on who else was on the board. I think Michael Williams from 'Bama or combining Le'Veon Bell with Dion Sims from Michigan State would be a better answer. Sims and Williams will be taken in the later rounds they're both capable of blocking and receiving.

I think this part is a bit unfair to Eifert, ND lacked weapons in the passing game besides him, and the quarterback was a red shirt freshman.

At 17 I dont love Eifert, a trade down to the mid 20s or later and Im starting to like it a bit more

JackH
04-05-2013, 04:22 PM

So do some math for me to prove your point.

A.B. scored 5 TDs last season and 2 the year before, when he had over 1,000 yards. A.B. is going to get more attention now that Wallace won't be there to get the double. How many of Wallace's 8 TDs last season are you going to add to A.B.s 5?

The Steelers were ranked 21st on offense last season and 1st on defense. The Steelers had 27 passing TDs last season. That 27 needs to increase, not decrease. With the loss of Wallace and the likely loss of Heath for some games to begin the season, the Steelers are on track for fewer passing TDs unless some significant talent is added.

Eifert is likely to score more TDs than Spaeth, Paulson, or Johnson, whether it be as Heath's replacement or the second guy on two tight end formations.

pete74
04-06-2013, 05:53 AM
So do some math for me to prove your point.

A.B. scored 5 TDs last season and 2 the year before, when he had over 1,000 yards. A.B. is going to get more attention now that Wallace won't be there to get the double. How many of Wallace's 8 TDs last season are you going to add to A.B.s 5?

The Steelers were ranked 21st on offense last season and 1st on defense. The Steelers had 27 passing TDs last season. That 27 needs to increase, not decrease. With the loss of Wallace and the likely loss of Heath for some games to begin the season, the Steelers are on track for fewer passing TDs unless some significant talent is added.

Eifert is likely to score more TDs than Spaeth, Paulson, or Johnson, whether it be as Heath's replacement or the second guy on two tight end formations.

I agree. We can't rely on some 5th round WR to come in an start. There is a 65 percent chance they will never start. We need to trade back and grab Eifert or grab Patterson, Austin or Allen. We need a playmaker now. We have to grab a top WR or pass catching T. Ben has 4 years left and we need to give him the weapons to get us another ring before he calls it quits and we rebuild.

kan_t
04-06-2013, 11:58 AM
im surprised many on here seem to be anti Eifert.

Anybody else watching what NE is doing offensively with the 2 tight ends sets.

Right now if Heath isnt healthy we got David "friggin" Johnson..

Nothing againt Davey boy but he doesnt strike fear in my 80 year old grandma let alone an NFL defense.

At the end of the day its all about value, but I'd have to admit I would be a little giggly if were playing in the Super Bowl and we got Sanders, Brown, Eifert, Miller and Burress streaking down the field for 6.
Not wanting Eifert at 17 doesn't mean people anti him. I just think there will be better players available at 17. And if we want TD threat, the Steelers can pick someone like Stedman Bailey who is truly a TD machine in second or third round.

JackH
04-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Not wanting Eifert at 17 doesn't mean people anti him. I just think there will be better players available at 17. And if we want TD threat, the Steelers can pick someone like Stedman Bailey who is truly a TD machine in second or third round.

Stedman Bailey was a TD machine with Geno Smith throwing to him IN COLLEGE.

I might like the guy say in the 3rd round, but to say he will be an NFL "TD machine" is like saying Limus Sweed reminds one of Calvin Johnson.

kan_t
04-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Stedman Bailey was a TD machine with Geno Smith throwing to him IN COLLEGE.

I might like the guy say in the 3rd round, but to say he will be an NFL "TD machine" is like saying Limus Sweed reminds one of Calvin Johnson.
Sure it doesn't mean that he is guaranteed to be a TD machine in NFL. But so does Eifert. Even if we limit to TE only, Eifert may not be the best TD threat. I may take Gavin Escobar over him.

JackH
04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Sure it doesn't mean that he is guaranteed to be a TD machine in NFL. But so does Eifert. Even if we limit to TE only, Eifert may not be the best TD threat. I may take Gavin Escobar over him.

Good for you. Mel Kiper Jr. wouldn't take Escobar over Eifert (and neither would anybody with a brain bigger than a pea). How much do you get paid for your draft acumen?

kan_t
04-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Good for you. Mel Kiper Jr. wouldn't take Escobar over Eifert (and neither would anybody with a brain bigger than a pea). How much do you get paid for your draft acumen?
Did I say Escobar is a better TE than Eifert? No. So I guess my brain is bigger than a pea. In terms of catching ability? Yes I say Escobar MAY be better than Eifert. And one you need to spend a first round pick, while another one you don't need to. So I rather take Escobar at third round (or even forth) instead of Eifert at first round, if the Steelers really want to take a TE TD threat in the draft.

JackH
04-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Did I say Escobar is a better TE than Eifert? No. So I guess my brain is bigger than a pea. In terms of catching ability? Yes I say Escobar MAY be better than Eifert. And one you need to spend a first round pick, while another one you don't need to. So I rather take Escobar at third round (or even forth) instead of Eifert at first round, if the Steelers really want to take a TE TD threat in the draft.

Okay, here's my point. Eifert is likely to get the Steelers more TDs than Paulson, Spaeth, or Johnson. Do you agree with that?

How many more TDs do you think Stedman Bailey would get the Steelers than whoever he would replace, whether it be Sanders, Cotchery, or Plaxico?

Who would you take with say the Steelers first 4 picks?

kan_t
04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Okay, here's my point. Eifert is likely to get the Steelers more TDs than Paulson, Spaeth, or Johnson. Do you agree with that?

How many more TDs do you think Stedman Bailey would get the Steelers than whoever he would replace, whether it be Sanders, Cotchery, or Plaxico?

Who would you take with say the Steelers first 4 picks?
I agree. But my point is that Escobar is also likely to get more TDs than Paulson, Spaeth, or Johnson. And the Steelers don't need to spend a first round pick on him.

My mock would be:

1) Kenny Vaccaro/ Jarvis Jones
2) Robert Woods/ Justin Hunter/ Phillip Thomas
3) T.J. McDonald/ Corey Lemonier/ Stedman Bailey/ Le' veon Bell
4) John Simon/ Gavin Escobar/ Marcus Lattimore

Rabbit
04-06-2013, 01:47 PM
In this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised to see a #3 receiver get more TDs than a tight end (especially one who, in Eifert's case, will be relegated to #2 TE when Heath returns from injury). Look at who led the league in TDs last year. James Jones. With Jennings injured, he was still only the third receiver behind Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. In 2011, Laurent Robinson finished third in touchdowns and he was the #3 option behind Dez Bryant and Miles Austin.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
04-06-2013, 03:31 PM
In this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised to see a #3 receiver get more TDs than a tight end (especially one who, in Eifert's case, will be relegated to #2 TE when Heath returns from injury). Look at who led the league in TDs last year. James Jones. With Jennings injured, he was still only the third receiver behind Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. In 2011, Laurent Robinson finished third in touchdowns and he was the #3 option behind Dez Bryant and Miles Austin.

All depends on the team and scheme. Packers used a lot of 3 and 4 wr sets. Look at Darren sproles he had 75 rec last year which is more than any steeler and even fitz.

JackH
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
All depends on the team and scheme. Packers used a lot of 3 and 4 wr sets. Look at Darren sproles he had 75 rec last year which is more than any steeler and even fitz.

Exactly.

Comparing the Green Bay WRs to the Steelers WRs is like comparing Rosie O'Donnell to Kate Upton. Jones had twice as many TDs as all the WRs currently on the Steelers roster combined.

Rabbit
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Just like how comparing Eifert to Gronkowski is absurd?

pete74
04-06-2013, 05:20 PM

#3 WR my butt. Green Bay always says it dosnt have any number 1, 2, 3 and 4 Wrs and its true. They use whoever is open.

JackH
04-07-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree. But my point is that Escobar is also likely to get more TDs than Paulson, Spaeth, or Johnson. And the Steelers don't need to spend a first round pick on him.

My mock would be:

1) Kenny Vaccaro/ Jarvis Jones
2) Robert Woods/ Justin Hunter/ Phillip Thomas
3) T.J. McDonald/ Corey Lemonier/ Stedman Bailey/ Le' veon Bell
4) John Simon/ Gavin Escobar/ Marcus Lattimore

Escobar doesn't have the speed and versatility that Eifert does. Eifert is almost a big WR.

You have a good draft. If it was

1. Vaccaro, S
2. WR Woods or Hunter
3. RB Bell
4. TE Escobar

it works for me. Or Escobar in R3 and Lattimore in R4.

But I like Eifert in R1 better, personally.

ebsteelers
04-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Escobar doesn't have the speed and versatility that Eifert does. Eifert is almost a big WR.

You have a good draft. If it was

1. Vaccaro, S
2. WR Woods or Hunter
3. RB Bell
4. TE Escobar

it works for me. Or Escobar in R3 and Lattimore in R4.

But I like Eifert in R1 better, personally.

the thing is it doesnt seem like their is a chance in hell now that escobar gets to round 4..

it seems like he has had a big post season and thats moving him up in to early round 3 or late round 2

Goldsteel86
04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't believe TE is the answer at #17, I would like to see a pass rusher or RB (possibly Lacey) with this pick. I like the idea of Robert Woods in the 2nd round, or possibly Elam if available (which I figure he'll be gone). If worse comes to worse I would welcome Steadman Bailey later in the draft but from what I have read his stock is on the rise. I see three definite needs, OLB, WR, DB not so much in that order, just my opinions. :noidea:

SteelersCanada
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
We don't need a TE in the first, especially since we're picking fairly early. I'd rather reach for Elam at 17 than reach for Eifert at 17 as Safety is a much bigger need right now than Tight End. Again, Williams and Sims will be available in the later rounds and they've both shown they can catch in traffic and be open over the middle.

If push comes to shove, I'd rather us take Patterson or Allen at 17 over Eifert.

JackH
04-07-2013, 01:12 PM
We don't need a TE in the first, especially since we're picking fairly early. I'd rather reach for Elam at 17 than reach for Eifert at 17 as Safety is a much bigger need right now than Tight End. Again, Williams and Sims will be available in the later rounds and they've both shown they can catch in traffic and be open over the middle.

If push comes to shove, I'd rather us take Patterson or Allen at 17 over Eifert.

I don't see Eifert being a reach. Scouts Inc. has him rated as the #16 rated player in the draft, regardless of position. Kiper has Eifert going to the Steelers at #17 as per this thread. Todd McShay has Eifert going to the Bears at #20.

Goldsteel86
04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Eifert no doubt is a stud at TE, something tells me Heath comes back with a vengance, IMO there are more pressing needs other than that of TE. If TE were/is a main concern then why sign Spaeth? Jarvis Jones or another need here would suit me fine!