PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2013 Preseason Schedule Released

SteelersCanada
04-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Steelers Announce 2013 Preseason Schedule

The Steelers will host the New York Giants (Week 1) and Kansas City Chiefs (Week 3) at Heinz Field during the 2013 preseason, the team announced today.

Additionally, the Steelers will play one nationally televised game during the 2013 preseason, a Monday night matchup at FedEx Field against the Washington Redskins in Week 2, and they will conclude the preseason slate with a Week 4 matchup at the Carolina Panthers.

The Steelers will be hosting the New York Giants in the preseason for the first time since 1992, when Pittsburgh won 24-3 at Three Rivers Stadium. The Steelers last played the Giants in the preseason in 2010 at Metlife Stadium, a 24-17 Pittsburgh victory.

The Steelers will then travel to FedEx Field on Monday, August 19, for a matchup against the Redskins that will be aired nationally on ESPN. It marks the sixth preseason trip to Washington since 2000.

Pittsburgh returns home to host the Kansas City Chiefs at Heinz Field in Week 3. It marks the first preseason matchup between the teams since the Steelers played at Arrowhead Stadium prior to the 1997 season.

For the 11th consecutive year, the Steelers will conclude the preseason against the Carolina Panthers.

The Steelers’ Weeks 1, 3 and 4 games will be televised locally on KDKA-TV. Times and dates for these three games have not been finalized.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Announce-2013-Preseason-Schedule/2d3a3ce3-0d79-446e-859b-e6971b8c7eb4

-- Giants and Chiefs at home with a nationally televised game against the 'Skins? I'll take it. Also, does anyone know why we close out against the Panthers every year? Is there any significance to that?

ebsteelers
04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Steelers Announce 2013 Preseason Schedule

The Steelers will host the New York Giants (Week 1) and Kansas City Chiefs (Week 3) at Heinz Field during the 2013 preseason, the team announced today.

Additionally, the Steelers will play one nationally televised game during the 2013 preseason, a Monday night matchup at FedEx Field against the Washington Redskins in Week 2, and they will conclude the preseason slate with a Week 4 matchup at the Carolina Panthers.

The Steelers will be hosting the New York Giants in the preseason for the first time since 1992, when Pittsburgh won 24-3 at Three Rivers Stadium. The Steelers last played the Giants in the preseason in 2010 at Metlife Stadium, a 24-17 Pittsburgh victory.

The Steelers will then travel to FedEx Field on Monday, August 19, for a matchup against the Redskins that will be aired nationally on ESPN. It marks the sixth preseason trip to Washington since 2000.

Pittsburgh returns home to host the Kansas City Chiefs at Heinz Field in Week 3. It marks the first preseason matchup between the teams since the Steelers played at Arrowhead Stadium prior to the 1997 season.

For the 11th consecutive year, the Steelers will conclude the preseason against the Carolina Panthers.

The Steelers’ Weeks 1, 3 and 4 games will be televised locally on KDKA-TV. Times and dates for these three games have not been finalized.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Announce-2013-Preseason-Schedule/2d3a3ce3-0d79-446e-859b-e6971b8c7eb4

-- Giants and Chiefs at home with a nationally televised game against the 'Skins? I'll take it. Also, does anyone know why we close out against the Panthers every year? Is there any significance to that?

was wondering the same thing..
if my memory serves me correct for a while i think late 90s early 2000s they were a little bit of pittsburgh south.. doubt that has anything to do with it but who knows

teegre
04-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Proximity.

The play Carolina... as well as alternating years with Washington & Philly.

(The Chargers always play the 49ers in pre-season.)

SteelersCanada
04-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Proximity.

Oh? I really should get caught up on my American geography. I didn't realize Pittsburgh and Charlotte were that close.

ebsteelers
04-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Proximity.

arent the ny giants closer though?

i love when they play at eagles or at jets/giants,

living in nj the short ride is nice compared to the long right across pa

Bane
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
YEAH! The Steelers coming to the DMV and the STARTERS WILL ACTUALLY PLAY! You bet your ass I'm going.

teegre
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
arent the ny giants closer though?

Yes, it is indeed about an hour or so closer.

(Likewise, with San Diego, Arizona is about three hours closer than San Fran.)

I know proximity plays a partial factor... but, there's probably an additional reason.

ebsteelers
04-05-2013, 07:50 AM
interesting.. learn something new everyday

GoFor7
04-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Good to know the preseason schedule is out. I look forward to watching you all overreact when the third-stringers are out there.

Bane
04-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Good to know the preseason schedule is out. I look forward to watching you all overreact when the third-stringers are out there.

Who let you out of your cage?

harrison'samonster
04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Who let you out of your cage?

the better question is when are the Rooney's and the dumb yinzer's going to let Ben out of his cage? Are they waiting for the last 2 minutes? Why not let him out earlier. Let him play every snap in preseason so we can be the SB winner's even before week 1!

kent
04-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Anyone know when the regular season schedule will be released?

Bane
04-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Anyone know when the regular season schedule will be released?

Word is April 16th.

Rabbit
04-06-2013, 03:35 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that Jerry Richardson and the Rooneys are close friends so they always play each other in the preseason. Richardson and Rooney are the owners who made the hard push for Goodell as commish.

Galax Steeler
04-06-2013, 04:46 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that Jerry Richardson and the Rooneys are close friends so they always play each other in the preseason. Richardson and Rooney are the owners who made the hard push for Goodell as commish.

I wish they had never pushed that hard to get him.:doh:

Rabbit
04-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Hindsight, 20/20, etc.

jacobo
04-06-2013, 07:56 AM
I don't know the real reason, but every team has a certain team from the other conference that they play every single preseason. Jets/Giants immediately comes to mind