PDA

View Full Version : Ayanbadejo: Gay NFL players might come out together

MasterOfPuppets
04-05-2013, 05:28 PM
whats the deal with this dude ? i mean if he ain't a pickle smoker then why is he sooooo worried that everyone in the world knows where NFL players like to put their junk ? who gives a shit !!!

Ayanbadejo: Gay NFL players might come out together

Brendon Ayanbadejo isn't sure whether he'll get another chance to play in the NFL (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157684/article/brendon-ayanbadejo-changes-stance-on-ravens-release). But the issue that he cares so much about, same-sex equality, is likely to remain a hot topic in the league.

Advancing a CBS report earlier this offseason that a gay NFL player was considering coming out publicly (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153377/article/nfl-player-reportedly-considers-saying-hes-gay), Ayanbadejo says that a group of players might do it together.
"I think it will happen sooner than you think," Ayanbadejo told The Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ayanbadejo-says-release-wasnt-due-to-his-samesex-marriage-advocacy-the-ravens-did-the-right-thing-i-20130405,0,5781613.story) on Friday. "We're in talks with a handful of players who are considering it. There are up to four players being talked to right now and they're trying to be organized so they can come out on the same day together. It would make a major splash and take the pressure off one guy. It would be a monumental day if a handful or a few guys come out."
That's an understatement. It would be a seminal moment in American sports history. Ayanbadejo indicates the organization for such a moment is very real. For multiple players to come out at the same time would only amplify the message

Buddha Bus
04-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I fully expect Ayanbadejo to be one of the guys to come out if it happens. Possible that the Vikings' punter Kluwe is another since he's been very vocal too. I have no problem with it, but I don't understand the constant talk about it. It's getting to be taken as seriously as a Kim Jong Un nuclear threat. Just put up or shut up already.

I was also wondering how long it would take Ayanbadejo to claim his release from the Ravens was related to his support of gay rights. Turns out, not long at all.

Vis
04-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I suppose it's just exhausting to lie all the time. Let people come out. One season it will be in the news and then never again

harrison'samonster
04-05-2013, 08:13 PM
that would be pretty awesome. It must suck hiding something that is so important to you, pretending to be something you aren't.

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2013, 02:55 AM
that would be pretty awesome. It must suck hiding something that is so important to you, pretending to be something you aren't.
while it may be important to them , why is important to them that everybody except it as if its natural and normal ? why all the sudden do gays feel the need to have a huge format to "out themselves" ? why not just go about their business and if it becomes public knowledge then so be it , and if they wanna own up to when asked , then speak up...:noidea:
there'll be people who will except as no big deal and there'll be people who will think they're disgusting degenerates..
thats the way it always has been and thats the way it always will be.
i for one am sick of hearing about it. get out of the closet and deal with the repercussions or STFU and stay in there.
my entire point is why are people who don't have "a dog in the fight" so adamant about taking up the cause for people who can speak for themselves ?

Vis
04-06-2013, 03:02 AM
while it may be important to them , why is important to them that everybody except it as if its natural and normal ? why all the sudden do gays feel the need to have a huge format to "out themselves" ? why not just go about their business and if it becomes public knowledge then so be it , and if they wanna own up to when asked , then speak up...:noidea:
there'll be people who will except as no big deal and there'll be people who will think they're disgusting degenerates..
thats the way it always has been and thats the way it always will be.
i for one am sick of hearing about it. get out of the closet and deal with the repercussions or STFU and stay in there.
my entire point is why are people who don't have "a dog in the fight" so adamant about taking up the cause for people who can speak for themselves ?

I would think it's because they are just people looking for the same things everyone else is. And they have learned the lessons of history that once the rest of the public is more educated and learns that they aren't really different in any way that matters they will lose their prejudice. Not all of them, certainly, but most. Look at the numbers, prejudice among younger people is very low compared to older generations. Those last prejudiced holdouts will go about their business and there'll be people who will except the prejudice as no big deal and there'll be people who will think they're small minded, petty, twisted assholes. I for one am sick of hearing about it.

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2013, 03:22 AM
the thing that really pisses me off , is the FACT that the country is circling the financial toilet bowl , corruption at all levels of government is running rampant , and what gets all the attention from government and government sponcered media ? pillow biters and illegal immigrants demanding rights. the sad part is the sheep are so fascinated with the dog and pony show they aren't paying attention to the 800 lb gorilla's in the room that are on the verge of choking the life out of them.

Vis
04-06-2013, 03:27 AM
the thing that really pisses me off , is the FACT that the country is circling the financial toilet bowl , corruption at all levels of government is running rampant , and what gets all the attention from government and government sponcered media ? pillow biters and illegal immigrants demanding rights. the sad part is the sheep are so fascinated with the dog and pony show they aren't paying attention to the 800 lb gorilla's in the room that are on the verge of choking the life out of them.

No the media isn't too busy to report on these other thing just as you, however vigilant in your fight against the corruption, aren't too busy to spend time on a football site.

Rabbit
04-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Possible that the Vikings' punter Kluwe is another since he's been very vocal too..

Chris Kluwe is happily married to a wife with whom he has two children. He's not gay, he's just using the platform professional football has provided him to be outspoken on issues he ardently believes in.

why is important to them that everybody except it as if its natural and normal ??

Because it IS natural and normal? It's easy to say shit like that when you're on the other side of the fence in the majority. Why would blacks want to be accepted? Why would women want to be given equal rights? Maybe because it's one of the principles this country was founded on.

Another reason some homosexuals might be afraid to out themselves is because of the unfair backlash they'll receive from people like you. Already, in this topic, you've referred to them as 'pickle smokers' and 'pillow biters'. What a delightful amount of tolerance you provide.

If you're so sick and tired of the issue and really claim not to care, you wouldn't be making this topic. You wouldn't be throwing around ignorant slurs and prattling on and on about your beliefs on the subject matter.

And this is coming from a heterosexual white male, just fyi.

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM

There were plenty of whites willing to help take up the cause for equal rights for blacks as well as men for women's rights. It's the only way change will happen. When the people who are/were in power (mainly white, straight, men) see that people who "don't have a dog in the fight" are standing up and getting the message out to the mainstream, they begin to fear losing power which is their entire existence. That is when change happens. They either change their stance or lose their power come election time once the mainstream has begun to swing.

Chris Kluwe is happily married to a wife with whom he has two children. He's not gay, he's just using the platform professional football has provided him to be outspoken on issues he ardently believes in.

I didn't know that, but that's not exactly a fool-proof guarantee he isn't actually gay. See former New Jersey governor Jim McGreevey.

Because it IS natural and normal? It's easy to say shit like that when you're on the other side of the fence in the majority. Why would blacks want to be accepted? Why would women want to be given equal rights? Maybe because it's one of the principles this country was founded on.

Another reason some homosexuals might be afraid to out themselves is because of the unfair backlash they'll receive from people like you. Already, in this topic, you've referred to them as 'pickle smokers' and 'pillow biters'. What a delightful amount of tolerance you provide.

If you're so sick and tired of the issue and really claim not to care, you wouldn't be making this topic. You wouldn't be throwing around ignorant slurs and prattling on and on about your beliefs on the subject matter.

And this is coming from a heterosexual white male, just fyi.

Well said. :drink:

jacobo
04-06-2013, 08:48 AM
it honestly isn't even about the league itself knowing. Most players don't care about how their teammates personal life works, even if a minority of them don't like the idea of homosexuality. It's more about the cultural impact this would make, especially for gay kids in highschool, and a lesser extent college, that would otherwise be ostracized by less-than-tolerant teammates if it were to be made public that they were gay. Kids are stupid and impressionable, and teenage culture is the least supporting social group of any toward anything different, especially something like homosexuality, when, at that time in their lives, is the weirdest thing they could be presented with. At that age, hormones are exploding and sexuality is just being explored. and many of the kids are taught, by their peers, adults around them, and society as a whole that the dominant male is the strongest and the guy who gets the most girls. This isn't really about the NFL, it's about the societal impact a strong, possible role model comiong out and claiming it doesn't matter if you're attracted to a woman or man, it's how you handle your business as a professional and as an adult.

that's my take at least.

and master of puppets, it is natural to be homosexual. There are tons of nature documentaries and accounts telling of seeing males in the wild masturbating and pleasuring each other. Just because it doesn't make a baby doesn't mean it's wrong. Sex is one of the two core outlets for stress in any animal's life, and it doesn't matter to an animal how they're getting off.

The_Joker
04-06-2013, 10:47 PM
I give a rat's ass about whose fruity or not.

If Big Ben came out as fabulous, I'd care for two seconds.

BlaZeQuietly
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Isn't Ayanbadejo supposed to be "straight"? Does he have a wife? Im going to google it...... Well I couldnt find anything saying hes married, has kids or has a girlfriend. Just look at him, he kind of looks and talks like he could be gay, which is okay I have nothing against hot dog pushers, I just suspect he must be one, why else would he just go on and on with this homosexual crusade? It looks like he wants support for when he him self comes out as a homosexual football player. What I think he is really nervous about is how people will alter his name into homosexual slurs, because it sure would be easy. Seriously guys what would you do if a steelers came out as gay? I'm sure they wont but still.

BlaZeQuietly
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Let me be the first to say I wouldn't mind if these "four un named players " come out of the closet. Who do you guys think it would be? The only foot ball player that sets my gaydar off is Ayanbadejo, but besides for him who would it be? You got to admit it would be weird if a big name player came out of the closet. Like Eli Manning came out? That wouldnt surprise me much. My guess is it would be a lot of punters and kickers? No clue as to who though. Who you guys think? Ill take 4 wild Guesses.

Ayanbadejo
Eli Manning
Rashard Mendenhall
Wes Welker

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/05/brendon-ayanbadejo-four-gay-nfl-players-come-out_n_3021578.html

Rabbit
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Just look at him, he kind of looks and talks like he could be gay, which is okay I have nothing against hot dog pushers

Both of your posts were positively dripping with ignorance, but jesus christ, did this portion take the proverbial cake.

Stop posting on the subject.

harrison'samonster
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Stop posting on the subject.

i second that, unless Blaze wants to be more respectful of others.

BlaZeQuietly
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
i second that, unless Blaze wants to be more respectful of others.

I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone, I agree the hot dog pushers came off as bigotry, but I am actually a liberal, I live in New York, and I have nothing against gay people, I even talk to homosexuals on a regular basis and hold no prejudices against them. Bottom line is if this is such a sensitive subject than Ayanbadejo should have never brought it up. Just like the 49ers player that made off color comments about if someone in their locker room came out as gay "they would have to get the hell up outta there" people need to be thick skinned that there may be slightly insensitive things that slip out at some times about this subject. Just remember who brought it up to begin with, it was't me. I really have nothing against gays so don't take it the wrong way I was just joking:hug:

BlaZeQuietly
04-07-2013, 04:01 PM
whats the deal with this dude ? i mean if he ain't a pickle smoker then why is he sooooo worried that everyone in the world knows where NFL players like to put their junk ? who gives a shit !!!

Ayanbadejo: Gay NFL players might come out together

this guy said "pickle smoker" and I don't see anyone flipping out on him. Double standard apparently....

harrison'samonster
04-07-2013, 04:02 PM
there's going to be a lot of nasty things said on the subject. But if I can help it, I'd rather not read it from fellow members on a moderated message board. You've got to know that there's a difference between making a joke with somebody you know closely, and making a joke in typed word on a message board.

harrison'samonster
04-07-2013, 04:03 PM
this guy said "pickle smoker" and I don't see anyone flipping out on him. Double standard apparently....

somebody called him on it.

BlaZeQuietly
04-07-2013, 04:16 PM
somebody called him on it.

You are wise thank you for putting me in line i need that sometimes:hug::helmet:

BlaZeQuietly
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
You are wise thank you for putting me in line i need that sometimes:hug::helmet:

i kinda like being put in line... :chuckle::hug::hug::chuckle:

Galax Steeler
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Lets not let this thread get away from us guys keep it in line.

caplovestroyp43
04-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Why DO we have to tolerate it? If we're against it, we shouldn't have to defend ourselves. There are some people that DO have morals, values and appreciate the definition of TRADITIONAL marriage which I hope and pray soooooooooooo much it is upheld in court.

The thing that irritates me about the homo agenda is they cram it down our throats. If you kept your unnatural lifestyle behind a closed door I don't think anyone would give a shit.

Cap

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 11:01 AM
america's made up its mind!

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/03/28/time-gay-marriage.jpg

Vis
04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Why DO we have to tolerate it? If we're against it, we shouldn't have to defend ourselves. There are some people that DO have morals, values and appreciate the definition of TRADITIONAL marriage which I hope and pray soooooooooooo much it is upheld in court.

The thing that irritates me about the homo agenda is they cram it down our throats. If you kept your unnatural lifestyle behind a closed door I don't think anyone would give a shit.

Cap

Some of us are against prejudice regardless of why you feel you are justified in having it. We are against that prejudice. If you feel denying others the same happiness you have is moral you should know that some of us feel that denial is immoral. Some of us also laugh at the "traditional marriage" argument because we're educated enough to know what it really was in the bible. It certainly wasn't one man and one woman coming together as equal partners out of love and free choice.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 11:13 AM
then we'll get into FORCED gay marriages, then everybody will have it "crammed down their throat"

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=42768,filename=gay_sulu.jpg

Vis
04-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Commentary
The Moral and Constitutional Case for a Right to Gay Marriage
By
Robert A. Levy
Robert A. Levy is chairman of the Cato Institute.

Following bitter defeats in California, Maine, and New York, the gay and lesbian community has a New Year’s victory to celebrate. New Hampshire joins four other states — Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts and Vermont — in legalizing gay marriage. And the nation’s capital is also onboard. Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty put it this way: “Marriage inequality is a civil rights, political, social, moral and religious issue.”

He covered all the bases, except one: It’s a constitutional issue as well.

Thomas Jefferson set the stage in the Declaration of Independence: “[T]o secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men.” The primary purpose of government is to safeguard individual rights and prevent some persons from harming others. Heterosexuals should not be treated preferentially when the state carries out that role. And no one is harmed by the union of two consenting gay people.

For most of Western history, marriage was a matter of private contract between the betrothed parties and perhaps their families. Following that tradition, marriage today should be a private arrangement, requiring minimal or no state intervention. Some religious or secular institutions would recognize gay marriages; others would not; still others would call them domestic partnerships or assign another label. Join whichever group you wish. The rights and responsibilities of partners would be governed by personally tailored contracts — consensual bargains like those that control most other interactions in a free society.

Regrettably, government has interceded, enacting more than 1,000 federal laws dealing mostly with taxes or transfer payments, and an untold number of state laws dealing with such questions as child custody, inheritance and property rights. Whenever government imposes obligations or dispenses benefits, it may not “deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.” That provision is explicit in the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, applicable to the states, and implicit in the Fifth Amendment, applicable to the federal government.

Of course, government discriminates among its citizens all the time. By the 1920s, 38 states prohibited whites from marrying blacks and certain Asians. Until 1954, all states were allowed to operate segregated schools. Thankfully, the Supreme Court invalidated both interracial marital restrictions and school segregation. The court applied the plain text of the Equal Protection Clause despite contrary practices by the states for many years even after the 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868.

To pass constitutional muster, racial discrimination had to survive “strict scrutiny” by the courts. Government had to demonstrate a compelling need for its regulations, show they would be effective and narrowly craft the rules so they didn’t sweep more broadly than necessary. That same regime should apply when government discriminates based on gender preference.

No compelling reason has been proffered for sanctioning heterosexual but not homosexual marriages. Nor is a ban on gay marriage a close fit for attaining the goals cited by proponents of such bans. If the goal, for example, is to strengthen the institution of marriage, a more effective step might be to bar no-fault divorce and premarital cohabitation. If the goal is to ensure procreation, then infertile and aged couples should be precluded from marriage.

Instead, most states have implemented an irrational and unjust system that provides significant benefits to just-married heterosexuals while denying benefits to a male or female couple who have enjoyed a loving, committed, faithful and mutually reinforcing relationship over several decades. That’s not the way it has to be. Government benefits triggered by marriage could just as easily be triggered by other objective criteria, leaving the definition of marriage in the hands of private institutions.

For instance, the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee recently voted to extend employee benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees. The qualifying criterion, which could also apply to heterosexual couples, is an affidavit identifying the domestic partner and certifying that the partnership is intended to be exclusive and permanent, within a common residence, with shared responsibilities.

Similarly, some states dispense benefits to qualifying gay couples joined in predefined civil unions. Even private-sector employers are increasingly offering same-sex “marital” benefits. According to the federal Office of Personnel Management, nearly 60% of Fortune 500 companies confer employment benefits on domestic partners.

Yet our politicians, unwilling to privatize marriage, seem congenitally unable to extricate themselves from our most intimate relationships. One would hope, in the coming months and years, that more enlightened federal and state legislators will have the courage and decency to resist morally abhorrent and constitutionally suspect restrictions based on sexual orientation. Gay couples are entitled to the same legal rights and the same respect and dignity accorded to all Americans.

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
america's made up its mind!

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/03/28/time-gay-marriage.jpg

that right there is having it crammed down my throat, while I maintain I don't have anything against gays getting married and having equal rights, it really does make me feel sick to see two guys kissing, I don't mind the two girls though.

I mean I am YOUNG I am LIBERAL and I believe gays should have the same rights as us. I really have a hard time wrapping my head around two guys or two girls getting "married" I just think it should be called something different. My whole life I've always thought of marriage being between a man and a woman and them having kids and raising the kids and having a family, when gays get married it just isn't the same thing and really shouldnt be called the same thing. Can we at least call it something different and still give them the same rights?

Vis
04-08-2013, 11:44 AM
that right there is having it crammed down my throat, while I maintain I don't have anything against gays getting married and having equal rights, it really does make me feel sick to see two guys kissing, I don't mind the two girls though.

That's a you problem. Nobody needs to change their behavior to fit your irrational reactions.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 11:44 AM

that's a pretty tame image.

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 11:51 AM
that's a pretty tame image.

lol yeah, it could be worse I guess, but thats also time magazine

Vis
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
lol yeah, it could be worse I guess, but thats also time magazine

You should see the cover of Phobic Freak-out Weekly

BleedPurple
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Cap

So you can hold hands with your wife as you walk down the street, but a gay man and his husband have to "keep it behind closed doors". You can talk about how you are pissed off because your wife won't get off your back about the squeaky door, but a gay man can't say that his husband has been a real pill. You can talk about your weekend plans with your family, but a gay man can't even discuss his family. The problem with you ignoramus' who take on this keep your lifestyle a secret stance is that you don't even realize how ubiquitous your lifestyle is.

For instance, in my cubicle right now, I have two photos of my wife, I wear a wedding ring, I took off for her grandmother's funeral last week, and have had at least 3 conversations today at work / lunch that involved her in one way or another. A gay man has to keep all of that a secret because of your OUTDATED view of what marriage should be, or because your brain has not evolved enough to accept and tolerate other human beings, even if you don't understand or condone their lifestyle?

Don't ask don't tell is this generation's Separate but equal.

What a joke.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
very well said, bleedpurple, except I believe Cap's a woman.

Vis
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM
So you can hold hands with your wife as you walk down the street, but a gay man and his husband have to "keep it behind closed doors". You can talk about how you are pissed off because your wife won't get off your back about the squeaky door, but a gay man can't say that his husband has been a real pill. You can talk about your weekend plans with your family, but a gay man can't even discuss his family. The problem with you ignoramus' who take on this keep your lifestyle a secret stance is that you don't even realize how ubiquitous your lifestyle is.

For instance, in my cubicle right now, I have two photos of my wife, I wear a wedding ring, I took off for her grandmother's funeral last week, and have had at least 3 conversations today at work / lunch that involved her in one way or another. A gay man has to keep all of that a secret because of your OUTDATED view of what marriage should be, or because your brain has not evolved enough to accept and tolerate other human beings, even if you don't understand or condone their lifestyle?

What a joke.

If only this sense could be applied to your taste in football teams

Galax Steeler
04-08-2013, 02:22 PM

What a joke.

That's enough name calling everyone has an opinion

Rabbit
04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Anyone who claims to be a liberal but says they can't accept marriage between gays is just a hypocrite.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
My whole life I've always thought of marriage being between a man and a woman and them having kids and raising the kids and having a family, when gays get married it just isn't the same thing and really shouldnt be called the same thing. Can we at least call it something different and still give them the same rights?

what about couples who can't have children and adopt instead. What about couples who can have children and just adopt instead. What about couples who decide not to have children. What about couples who only want a cute little dog? what about a gay couple that adopts children and raise a family. Does that child belong to a family, with married parents?

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Anyone who claims to be a liberal but says they can't accept marriage between gays is just a hypocrite.

i disagree, i'm not sure it goes down political sides like that. some people who are liberal aren't going to accept gay ppl. Some people who are conservative do.

Both Democrat and Republican partys have a big tent and include many different viewpoints. I would caution against labeling Republicans as anti-gay.

Rabbit
04-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah, that was a bit of a blanket statement. I'm from South Carolina and I know plenty of conservatives who are all for gay marriage.

BleedPurple
04-08-2013, 02:35 PM
That's enough name calling everyone has an opinion

After all of the garbage I am called on a regular basis, ignoramus is the line? How about bigot?

Galax Steeler
04-08-2013, 02:37 PM
How about closing the thread