PDA

View Full Version : What are you most excited about in 2013?

BlaZeQuietly
04-06-2013, 01:19 PM
There are a lot of question marks coming up in 2013 but with that comes a certain degree of excitement. I'll tell you what I am most excited about. For the past 4-5 seasons we have been counting on Rashard Mendenhall as our running back, but a couple years ago he lost his touch and our running game has struggled ever since. I am looking forward to seeing who we end up with for our #1 running back Bradshaw? A draft pick? Who knows!? How will they be utilized? So I am most excited about a new look running game... How about you :tt04::noidea:

harrison'samonster
04-06-2013, 01:23 PM
i'm excited to see if Troy can stay healthy, and how he, Allen, and Timmons play together possibly forcing turnovers.

Can somebody come on this team and take over the Buck inside LB position. Can somebody step up and improve the NT position. Can the O-line stay healthy and keep the running game going, giving Ben a chance to breath in the pocket?

A lot of things to look forward to.

sluggermatt15
04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
I would love if the Steelers emerge victorious in the Ahmad Bradshaw sweepstakes. I believe he fits well with our running game. Bradshaw has shown he is a feature back who can run - over 1,000 yards in 2 of the past 3 seasons - and is a viable option in the red zone.

For 2013, I am anxious to see how the Steelers will respond to the 8-8 record last year. What kind of urgency will this team come to play with? Will they look fired up? Sluggish? Will all the off-season cuts show? I can't wait for camp and preseason!

BlaZeQuietly
04-06-2013, 02:47 PM
I would love if the Steelers emerge victorious in the Ahmad Bradshaw sweepstakes. I believe he fits well with our running game. Bradshaw has shown he is a feature back who can run - over 1,000 yards in 2 of the past 3 seasons - and is a viable option in the red zone.

For 2013, I am anxious to see how the Steelers will respond to the 8-8 record last year. What kind of urgency will this team come to play with? Will they look fired up? Sluggish? Will all the off-season cuts show? I can't wait for camp and preseason!

Yes! With out a doubt this off season will be one of the most suspenseful in a long time, because there is so much mystery to this upcoming season! So many variables! To some the outlook looks gloomy, but for some reason I see us having a very new look and doing better than many people think. It's never out of the question with the steelers that we could contend for a superbowl. That may be hard to comprehend because last season was so horrendous, especially after the big ben injury, then the true colors of some of the players on this team showed, that may have been the swift kick in the nuts we needed to weed out the bad eggs like droppy and spinny. I want to see a hungry team with a winning attitude I think it is really Ben's turn to step up as a veteran leader of this team, a Captain. He can't make everyone respect us, but he can sure as hell make sure people don't disrespect us like these ESPN analysts that say our time as kings of the north is over and it's is the Bengles turn to shine. Ha, I say... that is humerus. They may not be the Bungles but a Distant 2nd or 3rd sounds fine to me for them.:coffee:

WokeUpWithaWoodley
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Mine will probably be a draft pick this year either wr or rb which ever one we draft high.

But right now it's worilds and McClendon.

FrancoLambert
04-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Seeing a healthy DeCastro lock up a guard spot for years to come.

SteelersCanada
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Post more things like this Blaze. Always post things like this.

I'm most excited about seeing how Worilds does. I don't know whether or not he'll be able to handle it, but I'm anxious to see how he does.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm excited to see a healthy group of Decastro, Pouncey, Adams, Gilbert and Foster.
I'm excited to see if our D line will be Hood, Heyward and Ta'amu
I'm excited to see what help we get in the draft.

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
The season to actually start so all of the chicken littles can shut the fuck up and see things aren't as bad as they seem.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Also a 2nd year in Haley's system

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 04:57 PM
McLendon starting, DeCastro healthy, and (hopefully) Woodley in shape and back to his old QB murdering self.

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Waitaminute...... is it too late to say "winning the Super Bowl"? :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
04-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Great question! The answer is yes.

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Great question! The answer is yes.

Sonofabitch. :banging:

teegre
04-06-2013, 05:48 PM

The SuperBowl for 2013 was already held. You can look forward to that in 2014, though... (which is my answer to this thread, come Jan 1, 2014).

To answer the OP: it's going 16-0 in the regular season, due to a healthy BB.

Oh... I also like what El-Gonzo & wokeupwithawoodley said.

WVABE
04-06-2013, 05:53 PM

If Ben can lay off of his daily dose of puss we'll have a chance. When he's all fucked out he aint worth a shit.:yep:

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 05:56 PM
The SuperBowl for 2013 was already held. You can look forward to that in 2014, though... (which is my answer to this thread, come Jan 1, 2014).

Oh... I also like what El-Gonzo & wokeupwithawoodley said.

I fully expect Ben to yank his jersey open revealing a giant "S" on his chest and proceed to fly around the Earth at supersonic speeds against the flow of the planet's rotation, reversing said rotation and causing time to run in reverse to the middle of this past season. He will thwart the evil that is the Baltimore Ravens from winning the Super Bowl by avoiding his rib injury, subsequently winning the division and crushing the hopes of Rat fans everywhere yet again.

It is the only way to save us all from the inevitable time-space continuum collapse caused by this obvious scientific reality anomaly. :noidea:

Or in other words, damn you and your facts!!! :rage:

jacobo
04-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Mostly seeing how the coaches make up for the mistakes they made last year. There's room for improvement for everyone, but I think if they answer the call we'll have a good year.

SteelersCanada
04-06-2013, 06:07 PM
If Ben can lay off of his daily dose of puss

:chuckle:

I laughed out loud.

Buddha Bus
04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
If Ben can lay off of his daily dose of puss we'll have a chance. When he's all fucked out he aint worth a shit.:yep:

Are we talking about his dramatic injury performances or his traumatic public bathroom performances? :popcorn:

SteelersCanada
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Are we talking about his dramatic injury performances or his traumatic public bathroom performances? :popcorn:

Both!

VaDave
04-06-2013, 08:03 PM
I fully expect Ben to yank his jersey open revealing a giant "S" on his chest and proceed to fly around the Earth at supersonic speeds against the flow of the planet's rotation, reversing said rotation and causing time to run in reverse to the middle of this past season. He will thwart the evil that is the Baltimore Ravens from winning the Super Bowl by avoiding his rib injury, subsequently winning the division and crushing the hopes of Rat fans everywhere yet again.

It is the only way to save us all from the inevitable time-space continuum collapse caused by this obvious scientific reality anomaly. :noidea:

Buddha,

You're killing me!!!!:rofl:

teegre
04-06-2013, 11:23 PM

Never let "facts" get in the way of a good argument.

Oh... and that post was AWESOME!!!

Buddha Bus
04-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Buddha,

You're killing me!!!!:rofl:

I've heard that before.... usually when someone uses the bathroom after me.

vasteeler
04-07-2013, 07:52 AM
i most excited about the fact that we will be winning the superbowl this year!!!!:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

WVABE
04-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I'd be happy if the season starts, Lil Kim flexing a lot of musk-le.

Millers the sh!t
04-07-2013, 09:22 AM
McClendon C. Allen and a running game would be very fucking nice after all these years.

Oh yeah, and Burress plucking balls out of the air in the end zone 18 times this season!!!!!!!

ebsteelers
04-08-2013, 08:48 AM
most excited about getting the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft..hahaha.

also the steelersfever arcade getting additional games...

but in all seriousness, im hoping everyone stays healthy (oline, troy, bennie, everyoney)
hopefully are o line is to the point where anybody can run behind it,
defense stays tough like they were the second half of the year.
also hoping a lot of young guys step up and can lead us into the next decade

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
but in all seriousness, im hoping everyone stays healthy (oline, troy, bennie, everyoney)

I would like to see us get through a season relatively healthy as well. It would be nice to get a real evaluation of where the team is at.

StainlessStill
04-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Opening day kickoff. Everything else is up for grabs after that foot makes contact with the pigskin. After that, it's up to the guys to execute and held to a high standard on the field within a winning attitude other than a fractured one. Lets hope.

ebsteelers
04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I would like to see us get through a season relatively healthy as well. It would be nice to get a real evaluation of where the team is at.

agreed, its so annoying the injury bug the past few years.

also.. im looking forward to the pirates being over .500 and making the playoffs??

penguins winning the stanley cup?

playing some mini golf, hitting up the beach, some summer night life.....

ooo this was just football related opps :rofl:

Vis
04-08-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm excited about getting back up there for a game with my son. Who has a couple of guest rooms?

Lokki
04-08-2013, 09:53 AM
penguins winning the stanley cup?

I hope so. But they haven't looked too pretty since Sid went down. Now Neal is hurt too. Malkin hasn't been playing like himself since he is back. I wonder if he rushed back too soon, like Big Ben. :noidea:

Curtain_of_Steel
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm most excited that Goodell didn't get the extra regular season games added to the schedule. 2 more games would've been just to painful this year, lol.

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm most excited that Goodell didn't get the extra regular season games added to the schedule. 2 more games would've been just to painful this year, lol.

Oh don't be a negative nancy:hug:

PolskiPower
04-08-2013, 12:02 PM
1. DeCastro and maybe Pouncey, and that's about it. DeCastro is probably going to be the only Pro-Bowl caliber player on the team this year. I doubt he or Maurkice will make it through the entire season though. One of the other unconditioned and overweight linemen with zero balance will end up falling on their legs again.

2. December 31, or the end of the season, whichever comes first.

3. Ben taking another paycut so that the Rooney's can field a 'decent' team around him.

Notes
1. Troy is too old for football. He can't make it through a couple of games without injury.
2. It will be interesting to see if Woodley shows up this year or if he's more interested in his big contract.

cowherpower
04-08-2013, 12:14 PM
and I thought I was cynical

SteelersCanada
04-08-2013, 12:19 PM
1. DeCastro and maybe Pouncey, and that's about it. DeCastro is probably going to be the only Pro-Bowl caliber player on the team this year. I doubt he or Maurkice will make it through the entire season though. One of the other unconditioned and overweight linemen with zero balance will end up falling on their legs again.

2. December 31, or the end of the season, whichever comes first.

3. Ben taking another paycut so that the Rooney's can field a 'decent' team around him.

Notes
1. Troy is too old for football. He can't make it through a couple of games without injury.
2. It will be interesting to see if Woodley shows up this year or if he's more interested in his big contract.

Guys! Guys! More doom and gloom! This kind of thinking is new and refreshing.

Just when I thought we had turned a corner and everyone was looking forward to the 2013 season.

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Guys! Guys! More doom and gloom! This kind of thinking is new and refreshing.

Just when I thought we had turned a corner and everyone was looking forward to the 2013 season.

The thing about one of our linemen falling on their leg was pretty funny though:hug::hug::hug:

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Troy is too old for football? He's only 31

casteeler
04-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Eddie Lacy in Black and Gold:noidea:

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Troy is too old for football? He's only 31

He's got some grey hairs though so perhaps his biological clock has been accelerated from traveling at warp speed.

NSMaster56
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Year two of Todd Haley's Offense
Prospects of a healthy OL (and therefore healthy/healthier Big Ben)
Potential for that healthy OL to revive the running game
A possible (if they get their minds right) 2012 Ravens 'win one for the gipper' defensive stretch