PDA

View Full Version : cedric wilson the new "gimmick guy"?

tony hipchest
08-22-2006, 12:06 PM
to replace el in the passing game? im sure defenses will be keying on hines ward cause of his past qb experience and nate washington has already ran an end around and a reverse from (hines position i assume). could this be the ol bait and switch in motion. kirwan and ryan on sirius have been speculating that wilson will do fine and can "toss the rock". as a highschooler he was the best qb in tennessee going into college.

BlackNGold203
08-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Whiz has something in the works...probably utilizing multiple players....

We will hopefully as surprised as the opponents defense!!!

:cool: :cool:

klick81
08-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Can't wait :smile:

Steelillini
08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
didn't Heath Miller play QB in HS. I could see him in two TE set near the goal line and taking a hand off and then throwing a pass to the other TE kind of a halfback option pass like we use to run with the Bus

SteelerFanInCA
08-22-2006, 01:18 PM
I think we still have alot of weapons and anyone of those guys is capable of stepping up for the gimmick role. It could come from any direction.

GoFor6
08-22-2006, 01:46 PM
A lot of Pro players were once HS QB's but it doesn't mean they can throw especially off balance. Look at El's position when he threw that ball - that was first class college QB not a HS QB. I think Russ Grimm was a QB in HS... wasn't he?

Gimmicks are nice and have there purpose but I hope we don't see more than 3 or 4 all season.

HometownGal
08-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Part of the excitement of a new season is waiting to see what Wiz and the O are going to pull out of the hat in any given game. :bouncy: With Ben, the talented corps of receivers that the Steelers have, including Cedric, the talent at the TE position and the versatility of Willie Parke and Verron Haynes, anything is possible. Wiz may even try utilizing Parker and/or Haynes to toss the ball downfield - who knows? It certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility in a Wisenhunt offense. I think this is going to be a very, very exciting season for Ben & Company. :cool:

steelcity984
08-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Cedrick Wilson was recruited by Tennessee to play QB...so yeah, hes probably more than able.

clevestinks
08-22-2006, 02:56 PM
It seems as if we have a number of multi talented players. Works well in our favor!

WWIIOwheelz
08-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Russ Grimm was the QB for his HS football team. My wife went to school with him, told me that a looong time ago. :)

Lukin83
08-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Willie Reid has been used on a good bit of gadget plays in camp.