PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film

Buddha Bus
04-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Joe Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film
By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: April 6, 2013 at 08:23 p.m.

After pulling off a rather convincing Johnny Unitas impression in Super Bowl XLVII, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is hoping to do the same on the silver screen.

The Baltimore Sun reported Saturday that Flacco has agreed to play the late Hall of Fame Colts passer in the upcoming film, "Unitas We Stand," according to Joe Unitas, Johnny's son.

"Obviously, the Baltimore ties are very important to me," Joe Unitas told the newspaper. "I think it's great that Joe just won the Super Bowl with the Ravens and was Most Valuable Player in the game. A lot of the way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad. He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump. ... (Flacco) does things the right way and is a good role model for kids and he gets what hard work is and does everything he can for the team. There are a lot of parallels that can be drawn between Joe and my dad."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158038/article/joe-flacco-to-portray-johnny-unitas-in-upcoming-film

__________________________________________________ _______________

This film will never see the light of day. The budget will be completely blown on the CGI to digitally separate Flacco's unibrow into a normal set of eyebrows.

They must have selected Joe due to his exceptional acting chops. :sarcasm:

YUWDPSTUYc8

:rofl:

jacobo
04-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Leo and DDL better watch out. Joey's going for the Oscar

Buddha Bus
04-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Joey's going for the Oscar

I assume you mean that he and Ernie have agreed to see other people and he's looking to hook up with The Grouch?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Joe_Flacco_Bert.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EwrERFHdjaE/S-MMJjfhHII/AAAAAAAAA7Y/YsxZg5eqOvM/s1600/oscar-the-grouch.jpg

I hear Oscar likes to get really down and dirty. :heh:

Atlanta Dan
04-07-2013, 05:41 PM
A dissenting view on Flacco being a good choice to play Johnny U

A grandson of Hall of Fame quarterback Johnny Unitas has added more fuel to a nasty family feud by calling Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco an "embarrassing choice" to play his late grandfather in the upcoming film about his life.

Flacco has agreed to play Unitas, the former Baltimore Colts quarterback, in the final scenes of the film, "Unitas We Stand," expected to hit theaters in 2014.

"If you want a real movie, hire a real actor," wrote J.C. Unitas on Facebook.

Added the 24-year-old former Villanova quarterback: "My grandfather and his legacy deserves only the best, and this is not it. Has Baltimore forgotten that Trent Dilfer also won a Super Bowl while playing for Baltimore?":thumbsup:

J.C.'s father, John Unitas Jr., calls Flacco a "goofball."

"If you want a quarterback, go with Peyton Manning," John said. "My father was just like that. This is a joke."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2013/04/07/unitas-family-members-say-joe-flacco-embarassing-choice-to-play-johnny-unitas/2061035/

SteelCitian
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
LOL I can't stop laughing

Turns out, Flacco was not a unanimous choice among a squabbling Unitas family.

According to Robert Klemko of the USA Today, John Unitas, Jr. thinks Flacco is a "goofball" and the role should have gone to a certain former Colts quarterback who also won a Super Bowl and will one day be enshrined in Canton, Ohio.

"If you want a quarterback, go with Peyton Manning," John said. "My father was just like that. This is a joke."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/unitas-family-divided-over-current-nfl-quarterback-play-140348595--nfl.html

JonM229
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Peyton Manning couldn't even honor Unitas' death in his next game. He asked the NFL if he could wear black shoes, was told no, and didn't wear black shoes or do anything else. Chris Redman (the Ravens' starting QB at the time who was actually close with Unitas) did not say anything to the NFL, wore black shoes during his game, and then paid the fine levied by the NFL.

What I'm trying to say is: fuck the Colts and Peyton Manning.

The_Joker
04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
This is like getting O'Donnell playing Bradshaw in a movie.

Just shameful.

JonM229
04-08-2013, 07:40 PM
This is like getting O'Donnell playing Bradshaw in a movie.

Just shameful.

I'm totally going to put all of my savings into making that happen, just to upset all of you guys.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm totally going to put all of my savings into making that happen, just to upset all of you guys.

and George C. Scott as Stallworth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LzAEn3yZ4

JPPT1974
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
George C Scott is dead my friend. Been for a little over ten years!

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 11:23 PM

i guess he is gone! Thanks, I must have forgotten that. I'll always remember him as Patton and as Gen. Turgidson (spelling?) from Dr. Strangelove.

No more than 10-15 million killed, depending on the breaks.

Lady Steel
04-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Joe Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film
By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: April 6, 2013 at 08:23 p.m.

After pulling off a rather convincing Johnny Unitas impression in Super Bowl XLVII, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is hoping to do the same on the silver screen.

The Baltimore Sun reported Saturday that Flacco has agreed to play the late Hall of Fame Colts passer in the upcoming film, "Unitas We Stand," according to Joe Unitas, Johnny's son.

"Obviously, the Baltimore ties are very important to me," Joe Unitas told the newspaper. "I think it's great that Joe just won the Super Bowl with the Ravens and was Most Valuable Player in the game. A lot of the way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad. He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump. ... (Flacco) does things the right way and is a good role model for kids and he gets what hard work is and does everything he can for the team. There are a lot of parallels that can be drawn between Joe and my dad."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158038/article/joe-flacco-to-portray-johnny-unitas-in-upcoming-film

As with all things Raven ~

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/487949568/hCFA8E5DC/

Buddha Bus
04-09-2013, 04:21 AM

Death hasn't stopped Kevin Costner from continuing to make movies. :noidea:

JonM229
04-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Death hasn't stopped Kevin Costner from continuing to make movies. :noidea:

Nor has a lack of acting talent

GMU Steeler
04-09-2013, 12:38 PM
I really don't know why Unitas's one son and grandson are flipping out over this. I mean if he was actually playing Unitas, I'd understand but my understanding is that Flacco's playing him in on the field scenes. Why not get the guy who is QB from the city his father played in and one fresh off a SB? Flacco's no Johnny Unitas but then again few are and were. Just wish we could be having this argument in Pittsburgh but we cut him and the rest is history.

Vis
04-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I really don't know why Unitas's one son and grandson are flipping out over this. I mean if he was actually playing Unitas, I'd understand but my understanding is that Flacco's playing him in on the field scenes. Why not get the guy who is QB from the city his father played in and one fresh off a SB? Flacco's no Johnny Unitas but then again few are and were. Just wish we could be having this argument in Pittsburgh but we cut him and the rest is history.

While this is true, why get a 6'6 guy to play a guy who was 6'0 or 6'1 (depending on where you find the stat)?

GMU Steeler
04-09-2013, 01:01 PM
While this is true, why get a 6'6 guy to play a guy who was 6'0 or 6'1 (depending on where you find the stat)?

This is a valid point. It's going to be weird when this movie comes out seeing a 6 even guy in the off the field scenes and then a giant in the on the field scenes. Brees is the only 6'0-6'1 QB that I know of.

Vis
04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
This is a valid point. It's going to be weird when this movie comes out seeing a 6 even guy in the off the field scenes and then a giant in the on the field scenes. Brees is the only 6'0-6'1 QB that I know of.

Maybe it's because the scale of all the players is different.

JonM229
04-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Maybe they'll get everyone else on the field to be 6'6" so he'll look normal by comparison

Buddha Bus
04-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Maybe they'll get everyone else on the field to be 6'6" so he'll look normal by comparison

But will they get everyone else to be blind and deaf to make him look like a good quarterback? :popcorn:

GMU Steeler
04-09-2013, 05:07 PM

They're also going to need his favorite receiver Pass Interference to star in the movie. Jesting aside, I imagine it would be difficult to find a bunch of 6'6 dudes. I'll be interested in seeing the film though.

4xSBChamps
04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
all unibrow jokes & Purple-Brown hate aside, 'if' this flick is ever made, it will enlighten many young fans, who've been indoctrinated into thinking that Brees, Brady, Manning etc. are all-time greats, as-to Unitas' abilities, statistics, and the rules he played under

crazy as it sounds, Unitas may-be the most least-appreciated player of all-time

Vis
04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
all unibrow jokes & Purple-Brown hate aside, 'if' this flick is ever made, it will enlighten many young fans, who've been indoctrinated into thinking that Brees, Brady, Manning etc. are all-time greats, as-to Unitas' abilities, statistics, and the rules he played under

crazy as it sounds, Unitas may-be the most least-appreciated player of all-time

No, Walter Abercrombie is