PDA

View Full Version : I think we've nipped it in the bud

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I think it is safe so say that last season the steelers were a petri- dish of a bacteria called a losing formula. We had this disease where some players had piss poor attitudes. In my opinion it started with mike wallace not getting his big pay day. To me it was very visible just watching the games that he could care less if the steelers won, or if they made the play offs from day 1. He didn't want to get hurt diving for a ball and not be able to get his big contract somewhere this year. It wasn't only him though Remember Rashard not showing up for a game just because he wasn't starting? Frankly he didn't deserve to start, he was out preformed by redman and dwyer all season even if he was healthy, he deserved the 1 game suspension he got, what a piss poor attitude he had, and after that it just seemed like it spread to half of the team, we played like shit and I think it was when the team sees a few guys acting like children on and off the football field and not acting like pittsburgh steelers they to didn't want to give 100% Brown, sanders and a lot of the defensive players seemed like they threw the towel in day we played the chargers. Here is where we started the off season right, made practically no attempt to sign Wallace or Mendenhall and made it clear it is a privilege to be a steeler and not a god given right if you can run the 40 in 4.1, and just because you have some talent doesn't mean we're going to pay out the ass to keep you, maybe thats why the steelers have been so successful for so long, I already feel so much better just knowing that these guys are gone, I'm sure we will replace them with some people who want to win a championship and Ben won' be the only one leaving everything out on the field.

Fire Haley
04-08-2013, 11:41 AM
It was more about injuries than attitudes, especially to our QB

or whatever helps you sleep at night

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-08-2013, 11:45 AM
What is a Pea Tree dish? Is that something that farmers use for harvesting Pea's or Jeff Reed used to use when he really had to go in public??

desertsteel
04-08-2013, 11:51 AM
There are still plenty of under-performers from last year still on the team - with Woodley topping the list. Let's not make it seem like we purged all the guys who left. Fact is that we would still have Wallace and Lewis if we could afford them, and Harrison if he'd taken the pay cut.

Fire Haley
04-08-2013, 11:51 AM
What is a Pea Tree dish? Is that something that farmers use for harvesting Pea's or Jeff Reed used to use when he really had to go in public??

hey now, petri dish is 7th grade science class, don't rush it

teegre
04-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Yep.

I stopped reading after that exact word.

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
lol i couldnt figure out how to spell it but yeah its what you use to culture bacteria, they also use it in medical settings to test for certain diseases

Bayz101
04-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Good thread. A hell of a lot better than what you usually put out. Keep it up.

ebsteelers
04-08-2013, 12:21 PM
addition by subtraction to a certain extend

SteelCitian
04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Yep.

I stopped reading after that exact word.
Illiteracy just kills the credibility of the post don't it? Too bad spell check doesn't correct "pea" and "tree" put together like that.

VaDave
04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't know, the first thing that popped into my head when I read the heading was Barney Fife

Twentyvalve
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I think it is more of a situation where guys just are not really worried about losing their starting positions. They need some young guys who are willing to prove themselves, not just playing for money. Oh wait, we had benches full of those . . . .

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't know, the first thing that popped into my head when I read the heading was Barney Fife

better? grammar hitler:hug::helmet::hug:

The_Joker
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM

I just lost several brain cells...

VaDave
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
better? grammar hitler:hug::helmet::hug:

Blaze,

Sorry about smart remark, I didn't mean it to be taken that way, but honestly, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Blaze,

Sorry about smart remark, I didn't mean it to be taken that way, but honestly, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

to be honest, I thought of Barney immediately as well. I love it when he grabs one bullet and "loads" the gun when there might be danger. Barney is my hero.

VaDave
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Great Show. Whatever happened to writers for shows like that? Today we get Two Broke Girls.... sigh.....

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Great Show. Whatever happened to writers for shows like that? Today we get Two Broke Girls.... sigh.....

over the last 20 years? probably writing for cartoons instead of sitcoms, or a good show that couldn't get any viewers because the lack of penis jokes and sexy women?

VaDave
04-08-2013, 10:48 PM
over the last 20 years? probably writing for cartoons instead of sitcoms, or a good show that couldn't get any viewers because the lack of penis jokes and sexy women?

Probably so..... or reality shows featuring people that are so far removed from reality it's almost comic, but is really sad in stead..

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
they didn't honor Andy Griffith at the Oscars either, that's a shame. I can't believe he's gone, what a loss.

Lokki
04-08-2013, 10:57 PM

de_P2aUZJyA

Bayz101
04-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Blazed "Pea Tree" Quietly.

teegre
04-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Blazed "Pea Tree" Quietly.

You should alter his username...

VaDave
04-08-2013, 11:37 PM
de_P2aUZJyA

Thanks man.

BlaZeQuietly
04-09-2013, 01:08 PM
this show was before my time im only 24 you old goats!

harrison'samonster
04-09-2013, 01:46 PM

:chuckle:

that's no excuse, it's still on tv every day, and I'm only 30.

BlaZeQuietly
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
If I come to a show thats black and white I usually flip the channel. I do however think that "nip it in the bud" rap accurately describes how the steelers have dealt with the poor attitudes of some of their players from last season

LVSteelersfan
04-09-2013, 04:43 PM

Get out of here. We don't need any of you wet behind the ear youngsters around these parts. Losing Andy Griffith was a horrible loss. Maybe if you young whippersnappers actually watched some of the old stuff when things were written by genius writers, you might learn something. The crap and filth they show on tv these days is disgusting and NOT FUNNY.

VaDave
04-09-2013, 04:49 PM

Being old is only part of it.... wait until we start discussing our medications...

BTW, sign on to Netflix and check out a few Andy Griffith shows. If you can get over the quaintness, there some really good nuggets there.

BlaZeQuietly
04-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Being old is only part of it.... wait until we start discussing our medications...

BTW, sign on to Netflix and check out a few Andy Griffith shows. If you can get over the quaintness, there some really good nuggets there.

Oh I know a lot about medications. I am on Klonopin 1 mg twice daily and cymbalta 90 mg once daily and hydrocodone/apap 5/325 6 times daily. how about you?

BlaZeQuietly
04-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Get out of here. We don't need any of you wet behind the ear youngsters around these parts. Losing Andy Griffith was a horrible loss. Maybe if you young whippersnappers actually watched some of the old stuff when things were written by genius writers, you might learn something. The crap and filth they show on tv these days is disgusting and NOT FUNNY.

Excuse me sir, yesterday I reached deep into my pocket and donated 5 dollars to this wonderful website, so that it can keep providing great service to people like you. 5 dollars may not be much but its probably more than you've donated. Do not bite the hand that feeds.:hug:

harrison'samonster
04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Excuse me sir, yesterday I reached deep into my pocket and donated 5 dollars to this wonderful website, so that it can keep providing great service to people like you. 5 dollars may not be much but its probably more than you've donated. Do not bite the hand that feeds.:hug:

i think he was joking lol. Nobody uses the word wippersnappers seriously.

MACH1
04-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Donating doesn't buy you any special treatment either. We'll just nip that in the bud right now.

BlaZeQuietly
04-09-2013, 08:50 PM
i think he was joking lol. Nobody uses the word wippersnappers seriously.

I figured as much I just wanted to brag about making a donation to the web site. I figure after all of my controversial bullshit I wanted people to know I am trying to make up for it. I truly do appreciate this forum because it is very well put together, I get no pop ups, no stupid bull crap you get on other forums, the design is simple yet good looking and it runs smooth and loads fast, so I support it just like I support our president. :tt04:

BlaZeQuietly
04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Donating doesn't buy you any special treatment either. We'll just nip that in the bud right now.

Mach1 I don't expect special treatment, sorry for making the donation to the website, I'll be sure not to donate anymore as I see you don't appreciate it just because it came from a liberal. Wow, that's a great way to get people to donate more to your web site, criticize them when they make a donation. Show some respect please, you are so uptight man, chill out:hug:

Lokki
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I truly do appreciate this forum because it is very well put together, I get no pop ups, no stupid bull crap you get on other forums, the design is simple yet good looking and it runs smooth and loads fast

The secret to the site's performance is that it runs on 2 things:

1) Tears of Cleveland Browns fans
2) Unicorn Poop

Bayz has to actually slow the site down with arcade games so that it doesn't attract too much attention.

teegre
04-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Mach1 I don't expect special treatment, sorry for making the donation to the website, I'll be sure not to donate anymore as I see you don't appreciate it just because it came from a liberal. Wow, that's a great way to get people to donate more to your web site, criticize them when they make a donation. Show some respect please, you are so uptight man, chill out:hug:

He's not talking to everyone who's ever donated. He's talking solely to YOU.

Why???

It's the same reason that you get into an argument in every single thread in which you post.

Maybe... some day... you'll "get it."

BlaZeQuietly
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM
He's not talking to everyone who's ever donated. He's talking solely to YOU.

Why???

It's the same reason that you get into an argument in every single thread in which you post.

Maybe... some day... you'll "get it."

I'm pretty sure he is prejudice against liberals.

teegre
04-10-2013, 12:07 AM

Eh... he likes me. :noidea:

BlaZeQuietly
04-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Eh... he likes me. :noidea:

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight:banging:

MACH1
04-10-2013, 12:14 AM

teegre is right, it's just you. :wave:

BlaZeQuietly
04-10-2013, 12:19 AM
teegre is right, it's just you. :wave:

Your signature would suggest otherwise:noidea::wink02:

Bayz101
04-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Come on. You guys will have the poor guy attempting to spell teegre (tea gree). :chuckle:

In all seriousness, you have a lot of trouble keeping your foot out of your mouth, Blazed. While I appreciate the donation to the site, I don't appreciate your smart ass posts and the fact that nearly every thread you make turns into a shitstorm.

/thread