PDA

View Full Version : Whos your Guy ? ( Your on the clock as steeler gm)

Steelstoned1972
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Assume top 10 rated talent is off the board .I would go best offensive playmaker available in the first two rounds. we need

impact now on that side of the ball. wallace gone , Miller injured . thats alot of yards

and tds to replace. Our guys never play their 1st year in our defense. Thats why i say

draft defense 3-5 rounds and coach them up coach Lebeau ,Lake, Butler , and

mitchell ! I have faith in our defensive coaches . Our offensive coaches are still a

work in progress (new O coordinator last year , new wr and oline coach this year. )

WE Need to provide some new toys for our hopefully healthy Offensive line and Ben.
1st round AUstin, Patterson , Eifert or whoever the steelers rate as bpa on offense.

if that involves trading down , im fine with that. we need alot of young bodies , the

depth of the mid and late rounds will help us groom some future steeler studs.

2nd round- Yes Le'veon Bell. If he's gone I also like Bernard or Ellington. Rooney , Colbert , and Tomlin didnt like our rb play last year. that will change.

3rd round - Phillip Thomas / Shamarko thomas , lemonier

4th round - john Simon / BPa on defense

teegre
04-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Who's still available?

Of anybody??? If so, I'll take Dee Milliner... or Luke Joeckel... I'll flip a coin.

harrison'samonster
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm no GM... surprised?

But if I had a pick and Vacaro was there at 17 I would have trouble passing.

I disagree with going offense early, unless it's O-line. Our defense is getting old, and without having the evaluation of the younger players that Tomlin and Colbert have, I would have to say we need to fill a few spots on the defensive side of the ball.

SteelersCanada
04-08-2013, 07:17 PM
If Geno Smith is on the board at 17 I'd have to at least give that a look.

Otherwise, Vaccaro or Mingo.

Steelstoned1972
04-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Who's still available?

Of anybody??? If so, I'll take Dee Milliner... or Luke Joeckel... I'll flip a coin.

Good point lol.....who is available ? Let's say for the sake if this thread that Joekel and Millner are off most draft boards before our 17th pick :)

SteelersCanada
04-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Good point lol.....who is available ? Let's say for the sake if this thread that Joekel and Millner are off most draft boards before our 17th pick :)

I'd edit your original post with guys the 16 guys that aren't available ahead of us so we have a launching off point. I think it would create a better discussion.

Varg
04-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Vacarro round 1, woods at round 2, and bell at 3 and I would forgive everything that's happened this offseason

BlaZeQuietly
04-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Ask again when we decide if were going to sign bradshaw or not

teegre
04-08-2013, 08:04 PM
In this order: Elam, Vaccaro, Austin, Cooper, Eifert.

Vaccaro is obviously higher on most boards... except I just can't help but seeing Bob Sanders (when I see Elam play). So, to ME, Elam is the pick... but, I would not (at all) complain about Vaccaro.

Austin is so dynamic. He'll have 2100 all-purpose yards every year (a la Cribbs or Sproles or Cobb...).

Cooper adds the final piece to the O-line. (I like Foster & Beachum... but, Cooper makes this O-line the league's BEST).

Eifert (or Ertz or Escobar) makes this offense better... especially once Heath is healthy. Defenses will have headaches, when dealing with the two-TE sets.

SteelersCanada
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Eifert (or Ertz or Escobar) makes this offense better... especially once Heath is healthy. Defenses will have headaches, when dealing with the two-TE sets.

Would you take Eifert over Hopkins and Hunter though? I don't know that I would.

DanRooney
04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
I have no idea why Jarvis Jones' stock is falling. He's a Von Miller clone with James Harrison playmaking ability. I'd love to have him. Vacarro was a great safety but he doesn't have that Eric Berry/Earl Thomas potential and the safety class is deep. I wouldn't mind him. Patterson would be nice but he's very raw. I'm always against a first round WR but I'd be happy with all 3.

teegre
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Would you take Eifert over Hopkins and Hunter though? I don't know that I would.

Yes.

I love Hopkins. That would be a tough call... but, Eifert is such a mismatch: he's too fast for LBs, but too big for CBs. Unless a team has an amazing SS (there aren't many), he's going to eat an opponent's defense up.

Hunter in R3 is a good spot (bad knee, lots of drops, only one good season).

VaDave
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
IF Cooper is there, Jonathan Cooper G is a done deal.

kent
04-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Vacarro round 1, woods at round 2, and bell at 3 and I would forgive everything that's happened this offseason

Im like this with exceptions being Jarvis Jones or Ansah if they fall. Ansah is a freak. I like Wr in the 2nd, Woods or Rodgers. I would take bell or ball in the 3rd.

desertsteel
04-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Vaccaro if available. If not, Tavon Austin.

VaDave
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey TEE

You still thinking Tavon Austin??

Steelstoned1972
04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I can't remember being this excited for the draft in awhile so many needs , so many potential targets . I'd be fine with any number of selections.

teegre
04-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Hey TEE

You still thinking Tavon Austin??

If Elam & Vaccaro are gone, yes.

But, I think he's gone at 16... or 15... or somewhere around 12... or, even at 8.

(Elam, Vaccaro, Austin, Cooper, Eifert)

BKAnthem
04-09-2013, 07:16 AM
If Vaccaro is there at 17 , I'm taking him

TRH
04-09-2013, 08:40 AM
I have no idea why Jarvis Jones' stock is falling. He's a Von Miller clone with James Harrison playmaking ability. I'd love to have him. Vacarro was a great safety but he doesn't have that Eric Berry/Earl Thomas potential and the safety class is deep. I wouldn't mind him. Patterson would be nice but he's very raw. I'm always against a first round WR but I'd be happy with all 3.

Jones stock is going up, going down, its hard to keep track. The latest i hear is that its surging BIG time again and most don't expect him to fall below "top 12".
If he's there when we pick - expect the Steelers to march immediately to the podium (just like they did last year) - its a slam-dunk - no way we'll pass him up.
I'd be shocked if we went WR, even if Jones is long gone. I'd expect Vacarro or somebody else.

FrancoLambert
04-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Just got a sneak peak at an SAT analogy question for next year:

Cooper : VaDave :: Elam : ___________ a) teegre b) teegre c) teegre

Hope you're both chuckling. :wink02:

teegre
04-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Ha, ha, ha.... it's funny, because it's TRUE.

btw: Great minds think alike. I posted this exact same analogy a few weeks ago. :drink:

ETL
04-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Bjorn Werner

VaDave
04-10-2013, 08:56 AM

Oh yeah!!!:rofl:

PhantomJB93
04-10-2013, 12:08 PM
1. Jarvis Jones
2. Kenny Vaccaro
3. Barkevious Mingo
4. Cordarrelle Patterson
5. Tavon Austin
6. Justin Hunter

StevieRayVol
04-10-2013, 11:25 PM
He is a headcase but he's a headcase who can play, "Da'Rick Rogers. in the 2nd or 3rd round if you can get him.

Hawaii 5-0
04-11-2013, 02:03 AM
He is a headcase but he's a headcase who can play, "Da'Rick Rogers. in the 2nd or 3rd round if you can get him.

no thanks to any type of headcase, i don't care if he can play or not...

Bane
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
no thanks to any type of headcase, i don't care if he can play or not...

What bothers me about him is, on that Playmakers show, Steve Mariucci asked the wide receivers who they compare themselves to. Cordarrelle Patterson said "Randy Moss", I think Robert Woods compared himself to Anquan Boldin. Da'Rick Rodgers said Dez Bryant.

No thanks.

BKAnthem
04-14-2013, 01:38 PM
What bothers me about him is, on that Playmakers show, Steve Mariucci asked the wide receivers who they compare themselves to. Cordarrelle Patterson said "Randy Moss", I think Robert Woods compared himself to Anquan Boldin. Da'Rick Rodgers said Dez Bryant.

No thanks.

I'm pretty sure they were talking in terms of ability...not personality

Bane
04-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure they were talking in terms of ability...not personality

I'm well aware, but it's telling when Da'Rick Rodgers has had issues in the past. Little things like that are red flags for me.

cbrunn
04-14-2013, 01:51 PM
You guys would probably think I'm crazy ... But David Amerson is my guy ... He's the Best SAFETY in This draft to me ... And Clark will have him assignment sound ...

Straight ball hawk ...

In the 2nd its Tyrann Mathiue ... With Amerson and Mathieu , Ben will get the ball back to put points up

Grav
04-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Jones, Vaccaro, Warmack and if he falls Loutelei

Hawaii 5-0
04-14-2013, 03:36 PM
You guys would probably think I'm crazy ... But David Amerson is my guy ... He's the Best SAFETY in This draft to me ... And Clark will have him assignment sound ...

Straight ball hawk ...

In the 2nd its Tyrann Mathiue ... With Amerson and Mathieu , Ben will get the ball back to put points up

I would be okay with Amerson in the 2nd and Mathieu in the 3rd, but not in the 1st and 2nd.

cbrunn
04-14-2013, 04:00 PM
I would be okay with Amerson in the 2nd and Mathieu in the 3rd, but not in the 1st and 2nd.

Question is will they both be there in those rounds?

I just want some guys who can get the ball back for the offense ... Not these stone hands DBs we have ... Hopefully Cortez can help change that as well

surcalifero
04-14-2013, 04:12 PM
1.Vaccaro
2.Hunter
3.Bell

Hawaii 5-0
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
I just want some guys who can get the ball back for the offense ... Not these stone hands DBs we have ... Hopefully Cortez can help change that as well

the Steelers obviously have a lot of faith in Cortez Allen or they wouldn't have let Keenan Lewis go without even making him an offer.

and I understand your logic of wanting some guys who can get the ball back for the offense, but if we don't also get some offensive playmakers our offense won't be able to do anything with it.