PDA

View Full Version : Deion Sanders (great guy)

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 08:38 PM
NFL.COM

BRINGING HIM TO THE HOUSE
How's this for a feel-good story? Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders is planning to adopt Noel Devine, one of Florida's most highly-touted high school running backs.

Devine's not just any running back; he had a two-game stretch last October in which he gained 35 yards PER CARRY! That is insane, even by high school standards. Devine played at North Fort Myers (Fla.) High, the school from which Sanders graduated in 1985. Now Devine will be moving to Texas to play high school football at Prosper High School and live with Sanders.

"The principal of my high school told me about him a couple of years ago," Sanders said. "Said the young man needed guidance. I didn't follow through then, but was back in my hometown for a Jevon Kearse event recently. Three more people told me about Noel and his struggles. I've spent some time with the young man, and he needs direction. He doesn't have parents; they died. God put this young man in my heart. This is not about sports. This is about a kid's life."

Kudos to Sanders, the ultimate showman who is a lot more than glitz.

I think he is a great guy for this.

Tha rock
06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Wow thats a great read sanfers always seemed like a cool guy.

figg
06-18-2005, 09:04 PM
NFL.COM

BRINGING HIM TO THE HOUSE
How's this for a feel-good story? Ravens cornerback Deion Sanders is planning to adopt Noel Devine, one of Florida's most highly-touted high school running backs.

Devine's not just any running back; he had a two-game stretch last October in which he gained 35 yards PER CARRY! That is insane, even by high school standards. Devine played at North Fort Myers (Fla.) High, the school from which Sanders graduated in 1985. Now Devine will be moving to Texas to play high school football at Prosper High School and live with Sanders.

"The principal of my high school told me about him a couple of years ago," Sanders said. "Said the young man needed guidance. I didn't follow through then, but was back in my hometown for a Jevon Kearse event recently. Three more people told me about Noel and his struggles. I've spent some time with the young man, and he needs direction. He doesn't have parents; they died. God put this young man in my heart. This is not about sports. This is about a kid's life."

Kudos to Sanders, the ultimate showman who is a lot more than glitz.

I think he is a great guy for this.

Rob that m-f-er lol--just kidding- even though Im not a fan of his and always thought Rod was better that is a great story.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Rob that m-f-er lol--just kidding- even though Im not a fan of his and always thought Rod was better that is a great story.

I never cared for him either but for anyone to adopt a teenager they never knew has to be an outstanding person, I have alot of respect for him.

figg
06-18-2005, 09:10 PM
I never cared for him either but for anyone to adopt a teenager they never knew has to be an outstanding person, I have alot of respect for him.

no doubt...but I still hate him :)

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 09:17 PM
no doubt...but I still hate him :)

Lol What non pittsburgh player do you like, besides Palmer I know you like him :bouncy:

figg
06-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Lol What non pittsburgh player do you like, besides Palmer I know you like him :bouncy:

No to Palmer---Players I like hmmm. I like the way Rudi plays----John Lynch---Ronde Barber---Tomlinson-- And some others.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 09:38 PM
No to Palmer---Players I like hmmm. I like the way Rudi plays----John Lynch---Ronde Barber---Tomlinson-- And some others.

You said Rudi me and you can be bestfriends now :cool:

Tha rock
06-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Tomlinson yuck how about moss, porter, jordan, burgess?? maybe woodson.

Prosdo
06-18-2005, 10:58 PM
That is a great story. That takes a lot to take in a teenager like that.

figg
06-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Tomlinson yuck how about moss, porter, jordan, burgess?? maybe woodson.

I did like Lamont Jordan when he was a Jet. I like the way he runs.

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Even though I don't like him...that is a real sweet thing he did and earned him a couple cool points from me!!!

LambertIsGod58
06-19-2005, 04:26 PM
I have always liked Deion. He always told it how it was. He didn't like contact though. That is a great story. Hopefully, the kid will stay on the right track.