PDA

View Full Version : PFT: Lacy "Great Fit for Steelers at No. 16"

Bane
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Man, I hope he falls to the 16th spot for us.

Eddie Lacy finally runs, and reportedly runs fast
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT

Alabama running back Eddie Lacy, whose draft stock had been slipping and sliding while he was unable to work out at the Scouting Combine or during his Pro Day due to a hamstring injury, finally is healthy enough to run for scouts.

He ran today in Tuscaloosa, and at least one account has Lacy running very fast for a 230-pound tailback.

Via Mark Edwards of the Anniston (Ala.) Star, Lacy unofficially ran a pair of 4.4-second 40-yard dashes.

It’s unclear whether that’s 4.40 or 4.49 or somewhere in between. And it remains to be seen whether other stopwatches showed slower times.

Still, the fact that Lacy was able to run and that he apparently ran at least in the mid-four-second range is good news for a guy who would be, in our view, a great fit for the Steelers at No. 16.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/eddie-lacy-finally-runs-and-reportedly-runs-fast/

But on a serious note, that's pretty awesome for a dude as big as he is.

desertsteel
04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
We are at 17. And Lacy will be there and likely till the end of R1 and maybe into R2. No way we take him at 17.

VaDave
04-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Dwyer is the same size, and similar speed. The only problem with Dwyer is he's a 3 year player, and we all know what happens to them..........odds on a long term deal on him are about slim and nill.

casteeler
04-11-2013, 10:41 AM
He's just what the DR ordered (as the old commercial says) I'd be happy with them taking Lacy at 17, he won't be there the second time around

ebsteelers
04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
well he might be there at 16 but will he be there at 17 is the question?
just busting chops!

i'd like lacy in round 2, or in a trade down in round 1. he ran behind an nfl o line in college, and hes a good ball player but i'd rather a trade down and grab him around late 20s.

it all depends on how the draft turns out..

cant wait

desertsteel
04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Dwyer is the same size, and similar speed. The only problem with Dwyer is he's a 3 year player, and we all know what happens to them..........odds on a long term deal on him are about slim and nill.

I don't want JD long-term. His NFL career will go down as uneventful at best. I hope he got his degree.

cowherpower
04-11-2013, 10:49 AM
We are at 17. And Lacy will be there and likely till the end of R1 and maybe into R2. No way we take him at 17.

yeah, if we take him at 17 we are truly screwed. Maybe if we traded back into the late 20s and picked up extra picks but taking a RB that early in the first round when the league is about passing now makes no sense unless he was the next A. Peterson but he is definitely not.

MeanGee2047
04-11-2013, 10:55 AM
We need a safety, corner, def end or wr in the 1st round...was high on Lacy but the Steelers can get a good back in the later rounds....

teegre
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Sure, at 16... thankfully, the Steelers are drafting at 17.

(Reach avoided. Nothing to see here... move along...) :wink02:

Rabbit
04-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Alabama RB Eddie Lacy struggled with stamina during his only pro day workout, according to NFL Network's Bucky Brooks.
"Lacy flashed outstanding talent as a runner and receiver, but lack of stamina is definitely a concern," Brooks tweeted. "Struggled the entire workout with wind. The lack of conditioning exhibited today will lead some coaches and scouts to question his work ethic. Concerns must be addressed in (meetings)." Lacy posted unofficial forty times of 4.57 and 4.60. The straight-line speed is as expected. More concerning was Lacy's inability to complete position drills because he was so out of shape.

per Rotoworld

maddog78
04-11-2013, 11:55 AM
He had a better OL at Alabama than he would have in Pittsburgh. But, this would sate Rooney's appetite to return to 1976 style football.

Fire Arians
04-11-2013, 12:01 PM
lacy worth a mid 1st round pick? he's good but not great

gimmie vacarro or someone who would fill a greater need

desertsteel
04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
4.57 is a far cry from 4.4

Hawaii 5-0
04-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Alabama RB Eddie Lacy struggled with stamina during his only pro day workout, according to NFL Network's Bucky Brooks.
"Lacy flashed outstanding talent as a runner and receiver, but lack of stamina is definitely a concern," Brooks tweeted. "Struggled the entire workout with wind. The lack of conditioning exhibited today will lead some coaches and scouts to question his work ethic. Concerns must be addressed in (meetings)." Lacy posted unofficial forty times of 4.57 and 4.60. The straight-line speed is as expected. More concerning was Lacy's inability to complete position drills because he was so out of shape.

perfect, he and Dwyer can rotate every play...

April 11, 2013

NFL scouts have been anxiously waiting to see whether Alabama running back Eddie Lacy would time faster than the 4.55-second estimate they'd given him based on tape.

He ran slightly slower Thursday, confirming he lacks the home-run speed some scouts believe is critical to warrant selection in the first round.

Representatives from the Senior Bowl tweeted that Lacy, 5-foot-11, 230 pounds, was clocked at 4.58 and 4.62-seconds in the 40-yard dash.

The time is respectable for a back of Lacy's size, but the rest of his workout wasn't ideal, either, according to former NFL scout Bucky Brooks, who tweeted that Lacy recorded a 32.5-inch vertical jump, a 9-7 broad jump, a 4.44-second short-shuttle and had a "disappointing" positional workout.

According to Brooks, Lacy appeared "out of shape" and "wasn't able to finish" the workout.

Lacy is NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated running back in the 2013 draft but isn't among my top 32 picks, and he's also a no-show in Dane Brugler's first-round projection. At least one running back has been selected in the first round of every NFL draft since 1963.

While Lacy's workout raises red flags about his conditioning, there is no question he possesses the talent to be a bell-cow back at the next level. Lacy is a powerful between-the-tackles runner who can knock defenders to the ground. He's also possesses very light feet and excellent balance, often slipping past would-be tacklers with a lethal spin move. Lacy is also a gifted receiver out of the backfield and has proven both alert and physical in pass protection, making it likely he'll be able to step in and contribute immediately as a rookie.

Lacy played well in spot duty over his first two seasons with the Crimson Tide and exploded in 2012. The junior ran for 1,322 yards on 204 carries (6.5 average) and 17 touchdowns, earning First Team All-SEC honors.

Scouts also like the fact that Lacy hasn't been worn down. He served as the backup behind Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, each of whom, of course, wound up as first-round picks in the past two drafts.

Even with the less-than-stellar numbers, Lacy is likely to join his former teammates as the first running back selected in their respective draft classes.

While it may get lost in the hype of Lacy's numbers, the most important thing he may have proved Thursday was his health. A pulled hamstring kept him from participating at the combine or Alabama's previous Pro Day March 13.

A few other notable Alabama players also attended the workout. Right tackle D.J. Fluker weighed in at 337 pounds and posted a 27.5-inch vertical jump, according to the Senior Bowl. Tight end Michael Williams, safety Robert Lester and linebacker Nico Johnson were other former Crimson Tide standouts who mostly sat on their numbers from the combine but did positional workouts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22051749/2013-pro-days-bamas-eddie-lacy-clocked-at-458-462-

Steelstoned1972
04-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Dont we allready have an out of shape big back ? I would happily take Bell over Lacy. a big back who is in shape and can develop a rythm behind our young offensive line. :tt03:

OX1947
04-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Hell to the NO. Running backs in the draft are good in all rounds. Same with receivers.

ebsteelers
04-11-2013, 02:07 PM
i dont understand how these dudes come to a workout out of shape, all you do is play football.. i wish i could do that instead of sit behind a desk all day..

unreal

VSP644
04-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I know this sounds retarded but I would not be upset if the FO picked a RB in the 1st. However I prefer Bell over Lacy. Bell is a more complete back and is just as big or bigger. He reminds me of Shaun Alexander and would be a wondrful pick up. Bell will not be there in the 2nd so it would be awesome to trade down in the 1st and pick up a high 2nd to really make some moves. I would even trade Ziggy Hood or Cam Heyward for a 2nd if needed. Keisel is still able to man his position for at least another yr or two. We need more picks which can only bring in more talent.

Hawaii 5-0
04-11-2013, 02:30 PM
IBell will not be there in the 2nd

NFLDraftScout.com has Bell projected to go in Round 4, he'll still be there when we select in the 2nd round.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/RB

GoFor7
04-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Man, I hope he falls to the 16th spot for us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/eddie-lacy-finally-runs-and-reportedly-runs-fast/

But on a serious note, that's pretty awesome for a dude as big as he is.

Yinz have problems counting?

OX1947
04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Steelers really need to trade down. There is so much value in the later rounds. Steelers need more then 2 in the first 64.

Bane
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Yinz have problems counting?

Here comes the troll who can't understand the point I was making. Y'know, by mentioning/emphasizing the 16 not once... Not twice... But three times.

Nice try. Crawl back under your bridge.

GoFor7
04-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Here comes the troll who can't understand the point I was making. Y'know, by mentioning/emphasizing the 16 not once... Not twice... But three times.

Nice try. Crawl back under your bridge.

Better then having your head in the sand all the time.

Why not try putting down the black and gold pom-poms for once? It might lend your simple mind to a better perspective.

Bane
04-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Better then having your head in the sand all the time.

Why not try putting down the black and gold pom-poms for once? It might lend your simple mind to a better perspective.

Does anyone understand this? This is all I'm getting:

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/0bab4a81b16fee3b3bce0a045eb5b2a5/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/POP_CULTURE/2013/02/the-50-funniest-workaholics-gifs/29_476071.gif

MACH1
04-11-2013, 03:37 PM
:toofunny:

Buddha Bus
04-11-2013, 03:39 PM
WORKAHOLICS!!!! I love that damn show. :chuckle:

Don't let the doorknob get stuck in your asshole on the way out, GoFor! That might be tough though considering you're one large one.

wootawnee
04-13-2013, 06:24 PM
He might be just what the Team needs to take pressure off of the passing game, due to 2 possible wr losses........

Bayz101
04-13-2013, 07:15 PM
It's frustrating enough watching Dwyer leave the field every two plays. We don't need Lacy doing the same.

SteelersCanada
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Lacy at 17 is a reach. If we're going to reach, let's reach for Elam or Hopkins in the first.

Steelstoned1972
04-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Lacy at 17 is a reach. If we're going to reach, let's reach for Elam or Hopkins in the first.

I wouldn't mind trading back in the first. I Sorta like Hopkins better than Austin or Patterson

ricardisimo
04-14-2013, 03:50 AM
We will not be taking a running back in the first round for a while. First Round RBs come once every other year, and they go before #17.

On a side note, I realize this has been a tough off-season for everyone, but we all need to take some chill pills and start treating each other with a bit more civility...

... or I'm banning all your asses. Carry on.

Galax Steeler
04-14-2013, 07:09 AM
On a side note, I realize this has been a tough off-season for everyone, but we all need to take some chill pills and start treating each other with a bit more civility...

... or I'm banning all your asses. Carry on.

Yes Sir :salute:

teegre
04-14-2013, 08:58 AM

Did someone say Elam???

(My Spidey-sense was tingling.)

SteelersCanada
04-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Did someone say Elam???

(My Spidey-sense was tingling.)

:chuckle:

R1. Austin
R2. Elam
R3. Escobar
R3. Lattimore
R4. Leon McFadden

Dream draft!

teegre
04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
:chuckle:

R1. Austin
R2. Elam
R3. Escobar
R3. Lattimore
R4. Leon McFadden

Dream draft!

I just had to sit down. I nearly fainted. Woah... now, THAT is a draft!!!

That deserves TWO thanks.

Wallace17
04-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Trade back and pick up a extra 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 4th then take lacy later in the first if you want. Do not waste the 17 round pick on this guy .....

pete74
04-14-2013, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't want Lacy in the second let alone the first. I consider him the 5th best RB in the draft. He had the best line in college blocking for him